Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > RECOVERY & ADDICTION > Drug Addiction & Recovery > Opiate addiction
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Opiate addiction Support for coping with Opiate addiction and Opiate addiction treatment.

 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 15-09-2012, 22:30
stlrsfan stlrsfan is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 14-09-2012
46 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 16
stlrsfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Need Encouragement - 4th day off of Oxycodone

Hi, I'm Jim.

I'm 44 years old. I recently had surgery on the 28th of August for a cervical fusion in my neck. I was placed on Oxycodone, 10/325 for the pain. I was on them for almost exactly 2 months. I haven't had any since Tuesday evening and am now working on day 4. I was taking approximately 70-80mg a day total for that 2 months. Unfortunately, I didn't taper properly.

The first day was just out of it, but then the night came and I tossed and turned and was sweating and freezing all night. Last night and the next night were similar, but I tried taking some "Hylands Restful Legs" and "Hylands Calms fortes" who my pharmacist said are non-addictive. I'm also on Pristiq and Xanax for about 6 years now, the xanax being .25 and I take a total of 1mg per day. Of course I took a few extra of them last night to help too, but I'm terrified of addictions.

I quit cigarettes after 23 years and this nasty feeling is eerily similar. I know that you guys aren't all doctors here, but I was hoping someone would tell me that I've seen the worst of it and then it'll be getting better soon. I have managed to get to the gym all 4 days to ride the bike for about 5 minutes and then soak in the steam room, but it is so hard with no energy. But it beats the night time and the sweating and non sleep from the Oxycodone withdrawals.

I've been drinking as much green tea as I can, Imodium AD, Advil & plenty of vitamins. I do feel a "little" better today, but a very confused feeling head and no energy.

What do you guys think for someone taking 80mg a day for 2 months? A lot of pages say the WD's peak at the end of the 3rd day and then it's a little better on the 4th and 5th, and then crappy for a few weeks.

I don't know if this was a bright idea or not, but since I was suffering, detoxing and trying to cleanse my body, I also 2 days ago stopped smoking the green stuff. I smoked less than 1 J per day, for about the last year.

I hope everyone else in here is coping and doing well. It's hard to pay attention to others issues when your own are so tough, but being online, or doing anything to pass time, seems to help!

-Jim
  #2  
Old 15-09-2012, 23:34
Apple800 Apple800 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 28-04-2012
Female from United States
Posts: 34
Apple800 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 41, Level: 1 Points: 41, Level: 1 Points: 41, Level: 1
Activity: 3.0% Activity: 3.0% Activity: 3.0%
Re: Need Encouragement - 4th day off of Oxycodone

Hi Jim.
I had the same surgery in 2001. I stayed on the pain meds for 11 years. 180 mg of oxcodone..The long acting was switched up between 75 mg fentyl patches,160 mg of oxycontin,80mg of Opana (Oxymorphone) or 300 mg of Ms Cotin (morphine) Per day...

It took some years to get to that. Kit weighs about 105, so her tolerence was a bit high. She would like to tell you...You are in day four, you might have some more bad days. Mine lasted about 4 weeks. It was bad, but most people say you feel better after a week. I think that what was harder because I did not think that everyone might be a tad different. I felt good enough on day 5 to go to DMV. That says a lot ha ha, but I was in the ER 3 days later. So that through me for a loup.

I also used methamphetamine which I had not touch in 17 or so years. It worked for me, because I got off the opiates. The issue is now I use meth pretty much every day. Whether I was an addict before the pain pills or became after doesn't matter anymore. It is what it is. I was dope sick all the time, really sick about 2 times a month for 3 years and spending every dime I had so I did not get sick. I was getting sick because my tolerence was through the roof and too feel anything I had to take a lot, so I ran out.

You seem to be far from that, stay far away. I do not have anymore pain. A good Dr. (not my money hungery pain specialist..no disrespect to the honest ones ) told me I was hypersensitive to pain because of the pain meds. Also brought up the fact if I was in some kind of accident, or need surgery again, I was getting to a point where medicating me for something woudl be an issue.

I did get off in a way I do not recommend unless you really know your drugs, even then I took a chance. Someone where you are at has no reason to do anything other than what you are doing. It sounds like everything you are doing is what you should be. This forum has tons of information and help. If you get through the WD's and it becomes more of a "I think I need a pill for pain, a bad day or whatever, talk to someone. I cannot even explain how fast it can go down hill. Doesn't happen to everyone, but you probably don't want to roll the dice at this stage.
Good luck, and I hope you feel better

Apple800 added 1 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

Sorry, I go back and forth between my cat, Kit and myself. I just like to write in third person at times. I just mixed it up in that post...

Last edited by Apple800; 15-09-2012 at 23:34. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  #3  
Old 15-09-2012, 23:48
stlrsfan stlrsfan is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 14-09-2012
46 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 16
stlrsfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Need Encouragement - 4th day off of Oxycodone

Thanks, Apple!

I was fine a fair amount of the day today except for a little anxiety and no appetite. Now as the night is getting closer I am a wreck. I am freezing one minute and sweating the next and have a headache. I don't know which withdrawal is causing it either. I smell the toxins on me, which is reminiscent of when I quit smoking herb before.

It feels so bad at times that I feel like going to the hospital, but I imagine all they would do is put me in a bed to suffer and charge me thousands and do nothing for me.

I'm so scared of tonight!
  #4  
Old 16-09-2012, 01:21
ksixx ksixx is offline
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.
 
Join Date: 13-09-2012
26 y/o Female from United States
Posts: 4
ksixx is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%
Re: Need Encouragement - 4th day off of Oxycodone

Good luck. Went off for a few days and withdrew and I'm back on it. But, good for you. Keep it up and be strong. Don't let cravings take you over. Soon, I'm going to get help. I need to want to stop though for myself. But enough of me (damn being high I talk about mysel a lot) I'm so proud of you. You should be proud if yourself. Keep up the good work. Keep us all informed as well. The withdrawal is hard, but kick its ass. Usually you take benzo's or methadone (in the past) to help with withdrawal, but seems like you don't want extra help with other addictive drugs (sorry if I'm wrong about methadone being addictive or not). Please correct me anytime. Like I said good luck and I hope you keep sober and that you recover and celebrate years of recovery.
  #5  
Old 16-09-2012, 03:53
Arianna Arianna is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 10-09-2012
Female from United States
Posts: 138
Arianna is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 331, Level: 2 Points: 331, Level: 2 Points: 331, Level: 2
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
Re: Need Encouragement - 4th day off of Oxycodone

stlrsfan

I was on Oxy from Feb 28 2011 - June 25th 2012. Fifteen months. Through a very crappy doctor, I was taken off of the Oxy and Valium cold turkey. For 25 days I suffered more than I have ever suffered, but I really think it was because of the Valium withdrawal... when I reinstated the valium, the severity of my symptoms began to go away. It took another month to stabilize. I am only telling you this because I took it not long ago as well, and was scared like you. I feared the nights the most. One thing that helped my sleep was Benedryl.

You will get past this.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Compasionate and supportive post
  #6  
Old 16-09-2012, 13:41
stlrsfan stlrsfan is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 14-09-2012
46 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 16
stlrsfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Need Encouragement - 4th day off of Oxycodone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksixx View Post
Good luck. Went off for a few days and withdrew and I'm back on it. But, good for you. Keep it up and be strong. Don't let cravings take you over. Soon, I'm going to get help. I need to want to stop though for myself. But enough of me (damn being high I talk about mysel a lot) I'm so proud of you. You should be proud if yourself. Keep up the good work. Keep us all informed as well. The withdrawal is hard, but kick its ass. Usually you take benzo's or methadone (in the past) to help with withdrawal, but seems like you don't want extra help with other addictive drugs (sorry if I'm wrong about methadone being addictive or not). Please correct me anytime. Like I said good luck and I hope you keep sober and that you recover and celebrate years of recovery.
Believe it or not, I'm not having cravings, I hate that drug now. It's the hell of withdrawals, but as bad as they are, I would rather go to the hospital or do whatever I have to do rather than take more. I'm on day 5 now and just got back from the gym, but last night was rough again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianna View Post
stlrsfan

I was on Oxy from Feb 28 2011 - June 25th 2012. Fifteen months. Through a very crappy doctor, I was taken off of the Oxy and Valium cold turkey. For 25 days I suffered more than I have ever suffered, but I really think it was because of the Valium withdrawal... when I reinstated the valium, the severity of my symptoms began to go away. It took another month to stabilize. I am only telling you this because I took it not long ago as well, and was scared like you. I feared the nights the most. One thing that helped my sleep was Benedryl.

You will get past this.
Thanks, Arianna!

I'm on to day 5 now after 2 months. Last night was rough, as I had a bad panic attack at about 7pm or so. I took a real hot bath and tried to get under the cover and watch a movie, and I developed a terrible headache. I tossed and turned with that until about 3am until I fell asleep. But I did get 3-4hrs sleep. But I'm not used to getting up early and it feels weird.

I also just quit MJ 3 days ago, but not a huge smoker. Like half a J a day, a few hits after lunch, same after dinner and the same before bed. I convinced myself it was a good way to relax. So I'm tossing in 2 things at once. I literally smelled the toxins last night, which was reminiscent of past quitting MJ, when I also had one night like that. So I'm hoping the Oxy withdrawals are past the worst and a few more days getting used to "reality" of not ever being high, and trading it in for the gym, biking, eating and drinking good, I hope things get better.

I did this all to myself and suppose I deserve to suffer, but I want ALL of my life back, for me and my family who deserve so much better from me. I'll just keep chugging along, day after day, and pray to God for some sleep here and there so I can develop energy to do some other things.

I hope you all are doing great today! I will talk again later, this really helps!

-Jim
  #7  
Old 17-09-2012, 16:06
stlrsfan stlrsfan is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 14-09-2012
46 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 16
stlrsfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Need Encouragement - 4th day off of Oxycodone

Today is day 6 for me, and I'm still not doing too well. Not sleeping, diarrhea, anxiety & just this morning I started getting the "brain zaps"

I wanted to see if anyone has been on a similar medication. I made an emergency appointment this morning with my therapist, this is day 6 being off about 80mg of Oxy per day and the withdrawals persist, and today those brain zaps started. I felt it best to talk to my doctor.

My primary doctor is in the same building, and my therapist was able to see him and make me an emergency appointment in a few hours. He says he would recommend "Clonodine", but it's up to my primary to diagnose for sure. He said it's been used for opiate withdrawals quite often.

I'm on day 6, from just 2 months using them, so I'm hoping I'm reaching the end, but I'm scared, and still suffering.

I'm hoping that whatever he helps with is just for a few days to get over the hump, and the last thing in the world I want is to be hooked on another medication. Does anyone know if this is addictive?

Thanks!
  #8  
Old 17-09-2012, 16:28
Arianna Arianna is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 10-09-2012
Female from United States
Posts: 138
Arianna is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 331, Level: 2 Points: 331, Level: 2 Points: 331, Level: 2
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
Re: Need Encouragement - 4th day off of Oxycodone

Stlrsfan,

I also made an emergency trip to the ER during all this and they put me on Clonodine while there. I was in a high state of panic and within 20 minutes of taking it, my body calmed down. I hope it works for you that way.

I know all those feelings suck, and each person is different in how they respond, but I hope you get some relief soon. Oxycodone withdrawal is bad, but you do have one thing going for you. They do say that the shorter the time on it, the quicker the recovery. 2 months is nothing compared to most, so I hope your recovery is short too.

With all the suffering going on in these forums, you wonder why more doctors arent able to address the situation and help with it.
  #9  
Old 17-09-2012, 20:21
stlrsfan stlrsfan is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 14-09-2012
46 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 16
stlrsfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Need Encouragement - 4th day off of Oxycodone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianna View Post
Stlrsfan,

I also made an emergency trip to the ER during all this and they put me on Clonodine while there. I was in a high state of panic and within 20 minutes of taking it, my body calmed down. I hope it works for you that way.

I know all those feelings suck, and each person is different in how they respond, but I hope you get some relief soon. Oxycodone withdrawal is bad, but you do have one thing going for you. They do say that the shorter the time on it, the quicker the recovery. 2 months is nothing compared to most, so I hope your recovery is short too.

With all the suffering going on in these forums, you wonder why more doctors arent able to address the situation and help with it.
I'm unsure how to approach this now. My doctor claimed he couldn't help me and referred me to the emergency room as well - but for inpatient detox! I was kind of under the impression that I was past the worst of it, but he claims not to have experience with people detoxing. Why he took the appointment then is beyond me $$$. But I can't do inpatient, and quite frankly, don't really see it as necessary as bad as I do feel. I just need some help with the symptoms. But I'm afraid if I go to the emergency room, they'll see me as a drug seeker, or something else, not help me, or call the police, or commit me or something. My days are getting better, just some anxiety and more anxiety and lack of sleep at night. I was really hoping this medication would help for 2-3 days and get me over the hump. But the ER scares me, especially when I'm halfway through day 6 now. I guess I'm going to have to grin and bear it. My therapist even said the clonodine would help, but he won't prescribe it.
  #10  
Old 17-09-2012, 23:49
Apple800 Apple800 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 28-04-2012
Female from United States
Posts: 34
Apple800 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 41, Level: 1 Points: 41, Level: 1 Points: 41, Level: 1
Activity: 3.0% Activity: 3.0% Activity: 3.0%
Re: Need Encouragement - 4th day off of Oxycodone

I went to the ER last year three times because I would get so dehydrated from the withdrawl. I always told them I was going through withdrawl because I ran out. Which was the truth. They would give me a shot of morphine and ativan. I never asked for a prescription. I had a type of stomach cancer in 03, they removed a large tumor and part of my stomach. Which might be why I got so sick.

I detoxed off of a five year habit of xanax and Klonipin years ago. I had no idea about how long the wd's lasted, or how stupid it was to cold turkey benzo's. I did go to a quick care, they only gave me IV fluids, but I felt much better.

I would not worry about what the Dr.'s think. When I just went through my last, and hopefully THE last opiate withdrawl, I hit the ER on day 7 or so and I had meth in my system. I lied about that, but the Dr. knew. He still treated me with fluids and ativan. He said he wanted a pregnacy test. I have an IUD, so I knew he just wanted a tox screen. I did not care. It took 3 bags of fluids before I could take the test. When he came back with it, it showed the meth...He told me it was bad and I should not continue..At that point he knew my story of trying to get into a detox, etc. He could see how excited I was to not have any opiate in my system for the 1st time in 11 years. He wrote me small prescription for ativan, told me to drink fluids, and sent me on my way.

My point is they are there to help you, if they judge you it is there problem. They really cannot do anyting to you, and will treat you. I took the clonidine. I fainted completely about 10 times. I stopped it, but others have said it helps them.
Hope you are felling better.
  #11  
Old 18-09-2012, 04:11
Hanstara Hanstara is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 05-06-2011
29 y/o Male from USA - South Dakota
Posts: 102
Hanstara is a decent psychonaut.
Re: Need Encouragement - 4th day off of Oxycodone

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrsfan View Post
I don't know if this was a bright idea or not, but since I was suffering, detoxing and trying to cleanse my body, I also 2 days ago stopped smoking the green stuff. I smoked less than 1 J per day, for about the last year.
When i was in the days of withdrawl and detoxing cold turkey some green stuff always made me feel better in the past. It was probably not a good idea to cut out both things at the same time. Cannabis has surprising medical benefits when it come's to withdrawl. It can make those sleepless nights and crappy days much more enjoyable. This is just my opinion. But i have seen many people succeed with weed. ""Rymes i know""
  #12  
Old 18-09-2012, 13:45
stlrsfan stlrsfan is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 14-09-2012
46 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 16
stlrsfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Need Encouragement - 4th day off of Oxycodone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple800 View Post
I went to the ER last year three times because I would get so dehydrated from the withdrawl. I always told them I was going through withdrawl because I ran out. Which was the truth. They would give me a shot of morphine and ativan. I never asked for a prescription. I had a type of stomach cancer in 03, they removed a large tumor and part of my stomach. Which might be why I got so sick.

I detoxed off of a five year habit of xanax and Klonipin years ago. I had no idea about how long the wd's lasted, or how stupid it was to cold turkey benzo's. I did go to a quick care, they only gave me IV fluids, but I felt much better.

I would not worry about what the Dr.'s think. When I just went through my last, and hopefully THE last opiate withdrawl, I hit the ER on day 7 or so and I had meth in my system. I lied about that, but the Dr. knew. He still treated me with fluids and ativan. He said he wanted a pregnacy test. I have an IUD, so I knew he just wanted a tox screen. I did not care. It took 3 bags of fluids before I could take the test. When he came back with it, it showed the meth...He told me it was bad and I should not continue..At that point he knew my story of trying to get into a detox, etc. He could see how excited I was to not have any opiate in my system for the 1st time in 11 years. He wrote me small prescription for ativan, told me to drink fluids, and sent me on my way.

My point is they are there to help you, if they judge you it is there problem. They really cannot do anyting to you, and will treat you. I took the clonidine. I fainted completely about 10 times. I stopped it, but others have said it helps them.
Hope you are felling better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanstara View Post
When i was in the days of withdrawl and detoxing cold turkey some green stuff always made me feel better in the past. It was probably not a good idea to cut out both things at the same time. Cannabis has surprising medical benefits when it come's to withdrawl. It can make those sleepless nights and crappy days much more enjoyable. This is just my opinion. But i have seen many people succeed with weed. ""Rymes i know""
Thanks, guys. I've come too far to turn onto anything now other than something non-addictive or somewhat beneficial for me. This is day 7 for me, and I am so run down. I just got back from the store, and walking up the stairs to my room and sitting down left me so out of breath, and I started panicking, and thats how it starts. I've called my surgeon again to see if he could help me with the pain management specialist in the same office who did my epidural. Even if it's...

interrupt that, he just called and won't help me. Told me if I am having trouble with withdrawals I need to go to the emergency room. I don't get it, $60k in 2 months to this practice, they gave me everything I took, they monitored me, and now no one wants to help me. Not my therapist, not my PCP, not my surgeon, not the pain guy... but guaranteed anyone of them would call in a pain killer for me if necessary.

Oh well. Day 7 and I guess I'll just have to see it through. Can someone please tell me that 7 days off after only 2 months on that I am nearing the end of this? I'm doing everything right but still suffering, but am deathly afraid of going to the ER and my wife doesn't think it's necessary and wants me to just see it through.

Thanks all.
  #13  
Old 18-09-2012, 15:27
Hanstara Hanstara is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 05-06-2011
29 y/o Male from USA - South Dakota
Posts: 102
Hanstara is a decent psychonaut.
Re: Need Encouragement - 4th day off of Oxycodone

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrsfan View Post
Thanks, guys. I've come too far to turn onto anything now other than something non-addictive or somewhat beneficial for me. This is day 7 for me, and I am so run down. I just got back from the store, and walking up the stairs to my room and sitting down left me so out of breath, and I started panicking, and thats how it starts. I've called my surgeon again to see if he could help me with the pain management specialist in the same office who did my epidural. Even if it's...

interrupt that, he just called and won't help me. Told me if I am having trouble with withdrawals I need to go to the emergency room. I don't get it, $60k in 2 months to this practice, they gave me everything I took, they monitored me, and now no one wants to help me. Not my therapist, not my PCP, not my surgeon, not the pain guy... but guaranteed anyone of them would call in a pain killer for me if necessary.

Oh well. Day 7 and I guess I'll just have to see it through. Can someone please tell me that 7 days off after only 2 months on that I am nearing the end of this? I'm doing everything right but still suffering, but am deathly afraid of going to the ER and my wife doesn't think it's necessary and wants me to just see it through.

Thanks all.

I can assure you that day 7 is way better. If you have been taking oxycodone for only 2 months. Even the high dose you have been taking. You should start feeling better and better every day. Drink plenty of fluids. When i was doing cold turkey a mistake i made was not having enough hydration. This mistake actually sent me to the hospital and made the withdrawls 4 time's worse. Take Vitamins. Make sure you Eat. Avoid soda's and cafinated drinks. It can be hard at time's but i would refrain from calling you doctor. Emergency room will probably only give you ativan or somthing. Its sad these days with how pain doctors are to theire patients. They get them hooked on somthing , then all of a sudden BAM your cut off. They did this to AFOAF's Dad. But he was on a stronger opiate for a period of 5 years. It took AFOAF's Dad a year to recover from that one.

Do some Cardio and Swim. I found that swimming was the best thing i could do when i was withdrawling. Even though i had low energy and felt sick. For some reason being in the pool made some of the pain go away. Not to mention when you get out of the pool you will be tired as heck from swiming, I actually passed out in the car and slept for a few hours when i left the gym.

Stay strong. And be happy.


Oh i added this a bit later. Just think of what you are going to feel like a week or even a month from now. Trust me man its worth it. I would like to hear your story and see you do good. Help me by helping yourself. Day 8 , Day 9, Day 10. Each is a little bit better.

Last edited by Hanstara; 18-09-2012 at 15:34. Reason: Day 8 Even Better than 7!!!!!
  #14  
Old 18-09-2012, 16:21
stlrsfan stlrsfan is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 14-09-2012
46 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 16
stlrsfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Need Encouragement - 4th day off of Oxycodone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanstara View Post
I can assure you that day 7 is way better. If you have been taking oxycodone for only 2 months. Even the high dose you have been taking. You should start feeling better and better every day. Drink plenty of fluids. When i was doing cold turkey a mistake i made was not having enough hydration. This mistake actually sent me to the hospital and made the withdrawls 4 time's worse. Take Vitamins. Make sure you Eat. Avoid soda's and cafinated drinks. It can be hard at time's but i would refrain from calling you doctor. Emergency room will probably only give you ativan or somthing. Its sad these days with how pain doctors are to theire patients. They get them hooked on somthing , then all of a sudden BAM your cut off. They did this to AFOAF's Dad. But he was on a stronger opiate for a period of 5 years. It took AFOAF's Dad a year to recover from that one.

Do some Cardio and Swim. I found that swimming was the best thing i could do when i was withdrawling. Even though i had low energy and felt sick. For some reason being in the pool made some of the pain go away. Not to mention when you get out of the pool you will be tired as heck from swiming, I actually passed out in the car and slept for a few hours when i left the gym.

Stay strong. And be happy.


Oh i added this a bit later. Just think of what you are going to feel like a week or even a month from now. Trust me man its worth it. I would like to hear your story and see you do good. Help me by helping yourself. Day 8 , Day 9, Day 10. Each is a little bit better.
Thank you, Hanstara.

The days are getting better each day, but very anxious as I already have an anxiety disorder and bipolar, so with low energy and withdrawals, I get sad and feel like there will never be an end - when the inside core of me knows that is my suffering talking. I know it'll get better.

I am drinking as much water as humanly possible. I actually ate 2 eggs and 3 pieces of toast earlier and hoping it'll stay down.

I'm also taking Niacin to help clear my body of all toxins, Omega 3 and Vitamin B. I was also drinking a ton of green tea daily, but cut it back to just a few cups, as it was running right through me. I think my body needs mainly water for the hydration.

I might try the swimming thing. I'm on restrictions due to my neck surgery, so I've been walking, biking and the steam room, but I suppose some non-crazy swimming won't hurt me, and might be therapeutic.

Thanks for the encouragement. The more I see that, and the more I read other success stories, the more empowerment I get to just keep fighting this head on.

Thank you!
  #15  
Old 18-09-2012, 16:36
Hanstara Hanstara is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 05-06-2011
29 y/o Male from USA - South Dakota
Posts: 102
Hanstara is a decent psychonaut.
Re: Need Encouragement - 4th day off of Oxycodone

I do though have somthing that did work for me and helped out allot. Have you ever heard of those Ten's Unit's that shock you in pulses. Most of the time you can get them at your local chiropracter doctors office.

When i was in treatment they were doing a clinical study. I had a Ten's Unit hooked up to a desired location ""My Stomach". Any time that i was feeling anxiety, stress, or any negative feeling. I was directed to turn on the ten's unit. I would increase the voltage of the ten's unit tell it was barely tolerable. Sending small pulses of electricity into my abdomen. This would in turn get me to concentrate on the semi pain of the shock's. It would also get my adrenaline pumping a bit. As soon as the negative feelings disapated it was over. I did this in a impatient treatment cent for about 2 weeks. Each day using it less and less. It was not pain full at all. Might of been a slight discomfort. It had the same principle as snapping a rubber band on your wrist. But shock therapy has proven effective in many area's. Even with back pain or neck pain the ten's unit's are very helpfull. I have one with me daily. I guess i kind of like the soothing shock of my achy muscle's spasming. These ten's unit's can be kind of spendy. I would suggest just doing a internet search.

In the end it's all in the head. The brain is the main part of anything that is felt by the body. Mind over Matter. It worked. I use it today for even daily tasks. I suffer from depression and low motivation. I will turn the unit on to get my brain to pump out just a dose of adrenaline and then i get the desired effect i need. Some time's i do not even have to turn the thing up. I just get myself so worked up overthinking about increasing the intensity that i get the job done.

Just thought i would post my experience. I was thinking about doing a seperate thread on the subject. I posted a picture of what one of these things look like. Hope this is in line with the rule's
Attached Images
File Type: png tens.png (76.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg tens hook up.jpg (4.4 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Hanstara; 18-09-2012 at 16:56. Reason: edit for more info
  #16  
Old 19-09-2012, 02:26
2fast4m3 2fast4m3 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: 13-06-2011
25 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 26
2fast4m3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 50, Level: 1 Points: 50, Level: 1 Points: 50, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Re: Need Encouragement - 4th day off of Oxycodone

Damn i would have thought you would be already over with withdrawals by now.. When swim was doing H, he was doing it for 2-3 months every day and his withdrawals were nothing serious. I mean swim was lying around the house for the first two days and on the third day he was able to go out and hang out with his friends. By day 7 he was absolutely fine just maybe a little bit more bored then usually. But that was gone pretty soon too. I dont understand how you can still suffer this much and you have been only doing Oxycontin for two months. Swim was doing H for more then that and he had another 2 month binge prior to this one.

Anyway I really think you should be feeling much better by now and hopefully it will be all over pretty soon. Good luck and I wish you all the best.
  #17  
Old 19-09-2012, 02:38
Hanstara Hanstara is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 05-06-2011
29 y/o Male from USA - South Dakota
Posts: 102
Hanstara is a decent psychonaut.
Re: Need Encouragement - 4th day off of Oxycodone

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4m3 View Post
Damn i would have thought you would be already over with withdrawals by now.. When swim was doing H, he was doing it for 2-3 months every day and his withdrawals were nothing serious. I mean swim was lying around the house for the first two days and on the third day he was able to go out and hang out with his friends. By day 7 he was absolutely fine just maybe a little bit more bored then usually. But that was gone pretty soon too. I dont understand how you can still suffer this much and you have been only doing Oxycontin for two months. Swim was doing H for more then that and he had another 2 month binge prior to this one.

Anyway I really think you should be feeling much better by now and hopefully it will be all over pretty soon. Good luck and I wish you all the best.

Each person has different withdrawls. AFOAF once was on oxycodone, morphine, hydromophone , oxymorphone for about a 7 month bender. It took AFOAF about 2 months to start feeling better. it Took AFOAF about 40 days tell hecould actually sleep through the night. Each person has different withdrawls. Age can be a factor also. Your only in your twenties. Physical Wellness can be a factor, What you eat, Brain Chemistry, Mental health.

I can understand totaly what this guy is going through, And you saying that on the 3rd day you are feeling fine ??? Allot of Junkies would consider you the one that is weird. If i felt fine to go out and play with friends on the 3rd day i would not even be complaining about Heroin addiction. SHit on the third day i am usually at the Worst Peak of my withdrawls. Even the 7th 8th day is bad.
  #18  
Old 19-09-2012, 03:45
Arianna Arianna is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 10-09-2012
Female from United States
Posts: 138
Arianna is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 331, Level: 2 Points: 331, Level: 2 Points: 331, Level: 2
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
Re: Need Encouragement - 4th day off of Oxycodone

I agree Hanstara, I was on oxycodone for 15 months. I was also on valium for sleeping. My so called doctor took me off both cold turkey and after 25 days of hell, I reinstated the valium. But... that being said, it still took another couple of weeks for the hard withdrawal symptoms to start to subside.

Each one of us has a unique body, brain and CNS which all need to recover. And no two are alike. We can just encourage those who are going through it and try to give insight as to what may or may not help based on our own experiences or someone we know. The words that people here have said to me has helped me alot. I felt less alone in a very lonesome experience.
  #19  
Old 21-09-2012, 00:55
Hanstara Hanstara is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 05-06-2011
29 y/o Male from USA - South Dakota
Posts: 102
Hanstara is a decent psychonaut.
Re: Need Encouragement - 4th day off of Oxycodone

It has been awhile since i have seen the Original Poster come back. I would like to see how everything is doing !!! I am wondering how the OP is doing. If you get a chance to read this and tell more of your story i would love to hear your story. Even if you do not see my post on here for weeks or more. Just post a reply and i will read it. Let me know OP. i am interested to hear your story. What you say on DF can help people. You never know ... Even if your situation turned out not as you planned. If its negative or positive i would love to hear. Negative reports are not bad reports to put back on here. Just remember some people deal with this stuff their whole live's. Its just better to hear some one's out come then not. Cause your experience could be a life style. And if you did decide to go back on the same track you were on. At least other members know how you dealt with it and how you are living your life....""Maybe i am just speaking for myself"" But i care enough to write this and let you know some one is listening...

Good luck and take care stlrsfan .......

Last edited by Hanstara; 23-09-2012 at 18:23.
  #20  
Old 25-09-2012, 12:45
stlrsfan stlrsfan is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 14-09-2012
46 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 16
stlrsfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Need Encouragement - 4th day off of Oxycodone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanstara View Post
It has been awhile since i have seen the Original Poster come back. I would like to see how everything is doing !!! I am wondering how the OP is doing. If you get a chance to read this and tell more of your story i would love to hear your story. Even if you do not see my post on here for weeks or more. Just post a reply and i will read it. Let me know OP. i am interested to hear your story. What you say on DF can help people. You never know ... Even if your situation turned out not as you planned. If its negative or positive i would love to hear. Negative reports are not bad reports to put back on here. Just remember some people deal with this stuff their whole live's. Its just better to hear some one's out come then not. Cause your experience could be a life style. And if you did decide to go back on the same track you were on. At least other members know how you dealt with it and how you are living your life....""Maybe i am just speaking for myself"" But i care enough to write this and let you know some one is listening...

Good luck and take care stlrsfan .......
My apologies to those who have helped me and those like myself who read these forums when in their lowest times seeking help and encouragement.

Today starts day 14 for me and it will soon be my 14th day straight going to the gym for a light workout and the steam room. I'd love to do more, but I'm still on restrictions from my spinal surgery until the 7th of next month.

I am much better. It felt like 6 months, and it was by no means easy, but I'm seeing light at the end of the tunnel. Others seeking help should discount the next part, as I think this might apply to me only. I am also dealing with Bipolar Disorder 1 and Mania. So I'm on Pristiq for depression, Trileptal to slow down my brain that never stops thinking and analyzing & xanax for perpetual anxiety. The xanax in my case helped as my heart rate has remained at about 120 throughout when it should be around 70 my doctor said. Withdrawals are bad enough, but you don't want to be racing around either. So in MY case, the xanax helped relieve the racing and anxiety, But it still took me to about day 9 to feel like I could "function". BUT, my advice to those reading and doing a similar cold turkey quick detox:

Hit the sauna/Steam room/VERY hot baths as much as you can take. Sweat your body, it can't hurt. Even the sweating I did at night, I smelled the toxins leaving my body. Drink, drink, drink until you get a bit of an appetite back, then have small meals throughout the day to feed your body and give you a bit of energy. Take vitamins when you can eat. Drink some green tea when you can, or get some "detox tea" if you can find it. Just try to get the natural stuff and not the gimmick crap next to cash registers. If all you're doing is coming off of opiates, which IS horrible, simply deal with it and take care of yourself before anything else in this world. Your body will reward you in return if you take care of it, I promise you that.

And keep in mind, I also quit MJ too. And haven't had a cup of coffee in 13 days, although I started back on English breakfast tea for a tad of caffeine. And I was in the midst of tapering off of my Seroquel because of extremely high cholesterol, and this was given to me for a sleep disorder. So I was more or less withdrawing from 4 things at once. Not good, but I felt I needed to suffer a bit to get better. That was MY dumb choice.

But on day 14, I can face the day. I have my morning tea. Go to the gym. I come home and have another tea. I do small chores around the house. SUPPORT is key. I call people as often as possible. I am HONEST. I talk and get things off of my chest, and if they are family or good friends, they WILL understand and you'll have the beginning of a support network. I'll go for a 20-30 minute walk for some exercise. Go for a ride and walk around the mall. Occupy the brain when you get over the hump, and that will get you to the top of the next mountain.

It's DOABLE. It's tough for a few days. But I feel 5000% better than I did 10 days ago. If I can make this progress in 14 days, stay clean and take care of myself, how great am I going to feel in 6 months from now?

Please, I IMPLORE anyone reading, just stay with it, IT GETS BETTER. What w wonderful feeling when you get over the hump and you can say you got past one of the most difficult things a person can endure. But don't tell others the secret, which is, that if we apply all we have into it, and want it bad enough, and are willing to go to extra lengths to get there - it's not THAT bad. It WILL NOT kill you, it's simply uncomfortable and sucks!

I honestly and truthfully hope and pray that everyone who helped me and everyone who reads this is doing great, continuing sobriety and coping with what we face.

-Jim

Post Quality Evaluations:
User give's us good update's on his recovery status.
  #21  
Old 25-09-2012, 15:48
Hanstara Hanstara is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 05-06-2011
29 y/o Male from USA - South Dakota
Posts: 102
Hanstara is a decent psychonaut.
Re: Need Encouragement - 4th day off of Oxycodone

That is what i was looking for. Its good to hear some one do good. I am proud of you and glad that you were able to get on with life this fast. I have been pretty much bed ridden on day 12 at one point. But this is after a 2 year $400 a day opiate bender. Glad to hear that your doing good.

I have a suggestion, maybe not the best suggestion in the world but one that has helped other people in the past. Like you said in the past you have had experience with MJ, I would suggest every now and then if you get a wild hair up your ass to smoke a little bit. Maybe 6 months from now. Could be every year.,, People need outlets.........Now this can effect your judgement also. Its your choice....But CODOS on the exercise..and healthy living. I have always been advocate of exercise, healthy eating, plenty of water. during withdrawls to get your body back on track... Its the best thing you can do to it.
  #22  
Old 07-07-2013, 14:59
stlrsfan stlrsfan is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 14-09-2012
46 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 16
stlrsfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Need Encouragement - 4th day off of Oxycodone

I am embarrassed to be back here posting, and this time due to my own stupidity. I was dumb enough to think I could handle a few pills from a friend. He gave me like 5 of the 7.5 percocets. Between Friday and Saturday till bed, they were gone. No ill effects afterwards. Of course, being the idiot I am, a couple of weeks later I do it again. I guess that's the addict in me, always thinking it's no big deal and I can do it. After the 2nd time of the same thing, still no harmful effects when I stopped. Then a little time goes by and he gives me 30 pills, last Friday afternoon. These were the yellow 10mg hydrocodone. Starting when he gave them to me, and through the weekend I took them, the last one being Monday lunchtime or so. Yes, that was abusing them, and I know I made a HUGE mistake.

I had no idea that such short term use again could bring back such withdrawals. Luckily, I've had fairly decent sleep. But the anxiety and shakes are through the roof. Right now makes about 5 1/2 days clean, but I'm still feeling effects. It's the anxiety, which screws up my stomach and leaves me with no appetite. But I've been forcing down tons of water, fruit shakes and some eggs and toast when I feel like I can get it down. Teas, and of course the steam room in the morning at the gym.

I know what I have to do, unfortunately, but that doesn't make it much easier. I'm also dumbfounded as to why I'm now on day 5 1/2 of WD's from a relapse bender?

I did learn from this though. I need to remind myself I AM an addict, and I can't even touch anything for a second on a Friday or Saturday, I'm getting too old anyway. What a dumb, dumb thing I did. Now I need to get through this anxiety and weakness period. Once I start getting energy, then I can do more things to wear me out, and hopefully my anxiety will diminish.

Thanks for listening!

Post Quality Evaluations:
Recognizing ones addiction & moving forward positively.
  #23  
Old 13-07-2013, 22:07
Lesbian chaos Lesbian chaos is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 13-07-2013
Female from United States
Posts: 35
Lesbian chaos is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 61, Level: 1 Points: 61, Level: 1 Points: 61, Level: 1
Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3%
Re: Need Encouragement - 4th day off of Oxycodone

My thoughts are with you, hang in there. Don't think beyond today, or even beyond the next few hours if you have to,....prescriptions have been a weakness that almost killed me. So easy for the tolerance to build quickly, and when you are in pain it can be really hard to not give in to them.
  #24  
Old 15-07-2013, 03:42
Lunaciel Lunaciel is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 27-05-2013
34 y/o Female from Canada
Posts: 113
Lunaciel is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 225, Level: 2 Points: 225, Level: 2 Points: 225, Level: 2
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Need Encouragement - 4th day off of Oxycodone

Good for you for recognizing that you had to stop. And also for logging back on here to get support. Have you been using loperamide to relieve the WD's? Do you have a Dr you could ask for some sleeping pills (zopiclone is technically non addictive but can be of course habit forming) or some clonidine for the sweats, legs & anxiety. In small doses these can be helpful tools. Otherwise, stick with it. You are almost out!
You now know that recreational use is not an option for you. And I'm no professional by any means bit I can see how that slip up can be used as a tool to move forward knowing that you cannot dabble in pills at all. Good luck to you! Stay on your chosen course, it's the best thing to do and you are so close! Congrats in getting this far and I'm sending support your way!
  #25  
Old 03-01-2014, 11:30
kickinghorse kickinghorse is offline
Titanium Member
 
Join Date: 09-11-2013
54 y/o Female from United Kingdom
Posts: 191
kickinghorse is on the way upkickinghorse is on the way upkickinghorse is on the way up
Points: 401, Level: 3 Points: 401, Level: 3 Points: 401, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Need Encouragement - 4th day off of Oxycodone

This is REALLY interesting and useful Hanstara and may be of great help to Stlrsfan and to many other people to who to who suffer from anxiety conditions etc. which makes it extra hard for them when they try and get off.

Whereabouts exactly do you put the TENS machine pads - just above the belly button where the solar plexis is located?

Thanks for posting that. Stlrsfan - how about trying this?

have a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanstara View Post
I do though have somthing that did work for me and helped out allot. Have you ever heard of those Ten's Unit's that shock you in pulses. Most of the time you can get them at your local chiropracter doctors office.

When i was in treatment they were doing a clinical study. I had a Ten's Unit hooked up to a desired location ""My Stomach". Any time that i was feeling anxiety, stress, or any negative feeling. I was directed to turn on the ten's unit. I would increase the voltage of the ten's unit tell it was barely tolerable. Sending small pulses of electricity into my abdomen. This would in turn get me to concentrate on the semi pain of the shock's. It would also get my adrenaline pumping a bit. As soon as the negative feelings disapated it was over. I did this in a impatient treatment cent for about 2 weeks. Each day using it less and less. It was not pain full at all. Might of been a slight discomfort. It had the same principle as snapping a rubber band on your wrist. But shock therapy has proven effective in many area's. Even with back pain or neck pain the ten's unit's are very helpfull. I have one with me daily. I guess i kind of like the soothing shock of my achy muscle's spasming. These ten's unit's can be kind of spendy. I would suggest just doing a internet search.

In the end it's all in the head. The brain is the main part of anything that is felt by the body. Mind over Matter. It worked. I use it today for even daily tasks. I suffer from depression and low motivation. I will turn the unit on to get my brain to pump out just a dose of adrenaline and then i get the desired effect i need. Some time's i do not even have to turn the thing up. I just get myself so worked up overthinking about increasing the intensity that i get the job done.

Just thought i would post my experience. I was thinking about doing a seperate thread on the subject. I posted a picture of what one of these things look like. Hope this is in line with the rule's

Share this on:

Tags
oxycodone

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oxycodone Nnizzle Drug Articles 8 16-03-2014 19:39
Drug info - Oxycodone FAQ Nnizzle Oxycodone 3 12-05-2013 01:03
Journal - Reaching out for help/ advice/ encouragement...1st post.. I'm on hour 36 or day 2 nevergaveup Opiate R&A Journals 10 24-02-2012 09:14


Sitelinks: Information:

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 19:16.


Copyright: SIN Foundation 2003 - 2014, All rights reserved