Register Tags

Notices

Old 13-09-2012, 04:31
Banned

Male from United States
billy1nk1188 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
How long does it take heroin done intravaneously to show up in a piss test?

SWIM hadn't done any drugs in the last 11 days so he was totally clean (and doesn't smoke pot.) SWIM had an appointment with his psychiatrist today and picked up a gram of heroin and did a shot in the car ride to the psychiatrist (friend was driving.) The psychiatrist noticed SWIM's pupils were very small and eyes droopy. The psychiatrist asked SWIM if he had been smoking pot. SWIM replied no. He asked if SWIM could pass a drug test right now and SWIM tried calling his bluff. A few minutes later a woman walks in and the psychiatrist tells SWIM she's going to drug test him. She checks his pulse and starts asking why it's elevated. SWIM replies he doesn't know. She gives SWIM the cup and closes the door to the bathroom. SWIM pissed just enough to give the urine sample a yellow color and then put some water in the cup to dilute it. SWIM was tested maybe 20-30 minutes after injecting the heroin.

My question is:

A. How long does it take after injection for heroin to show up in a urine test?
B. SWIM put about the same amount of water in the sample as urine. Would this be enough to dilute it and give a false negative?
Old 13-09-2012, 04:57

28 y/o Female from United States
hellcat3777 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1
Re: How long does it take heroin done intravaneously to show up in a piss test?

I used to work in laboratory as a phlebotomist/lab tech.

1. You shouldn't have added water. It won't dilute it and the temperature of your urine is taken as well. They can tell if something was added to it.
2. On average, for most drug tests, it will take about five days since last use before your urine is clear of opiates alone. However, that all depends on you; your body's metabolism, your weight, activity level, how of fluids you drug, etcera..
3. I'm not too sure about opiates, but I know a lot of drug tests actually test for metabolites and not the drugs themselves. Certain metabolites indicate use of certain drugs.
Old 13-09-2012, 05:06
Banned

Male from United States
billy1nk1188 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1

I'm not asking how long drugs stay in SWIM's system I'm asking how long they take to show up after SWIM injects. Would it immediately show up in SWIM's urine or would it take some time? Is 30 minutes enough time after using for the drugs to make you fail a urine test?
Old 13-09-2012, 06:33
Silver Member

47 y/o Male from United States
makin is on the way upmakin is on the way upmakin is on the way upmakin is on the way up
Points: 454, Level: 3 Points: 454, Level: 3 Points: 454, Level: 3
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

I couldn't find anything for heroin however I did find this

Quote:
It depends on your method of intake. By IV it would be instantaneously, by snorting it would be almost instantaneously, and the slowest would be swallowing it which might take about 20-30 minutes. If you used at all the day you're being tested, you'll get caught. Hydrocodone also stays at detectable levels in your urine for 3-7 days after your last dose.
this was off of wiki answers for hydrocodone

I would bet that if it's true for hydrocodone it would be the same for heroin.......IV it sounds like would be instantaneous.
Old 13-09-2012, 07:11

28 y/o Female from United States
hellcat3777 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1

Oh, sorry about that, I misread your question. I think it would be instantly since it was IVed, longest time being five minutes since that's how long it takes for blood to circulate all throughout. I'm not sure if having a full bladder prior to IVing would change that though...sorry, not much help.
Old 15-09-2012, 06:42
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
Soma Cruz probably knows what they are talking about.Soma Cruz probably knows what they are talking about.Soma Cruz probably knows what they are talking about.Soma Cruz probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 578, Level: 3 Points: 578, Level: 3 Points: 578, Level: 3
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

IV should be nearly instantaneous, since the blood will be delivered to the kidneys fairly quickly. Even with drugs taken orally, the longest it takes until they're detectable is 20-30 minutes or so. I've seen people piss hot on drug tests for popping pills on their way to take the test, thinking that it wouldnt show up for a day or two.

So people that are at risk of being tested really have to be careful of that, there's not much of a way to get around it.
Old 17-09-2012, 13:17
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.
Points: 1,493, Level: 5 Points: 1,493, Level: 5 Points: 1,493, Level: 5
Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1%

This is purely anecdotal but my fiend has used heroin after several days of no use at all and had a urine test the same day and to my complete and utter surprise it was negative. I suspect the reason for this was it didn't have enough time to get in to the urine in sufficient quantity to reach the threshold or that the test specifically looks for morphine and that not enough time had passed for enough of the heroin to be metabolised to morphine and enter the urine.

I don't believe it's instant but certainly fairly quickly and may depend on the test and what it can detect. I am not entirely sure how they work but I believe they use something that binds to the drug it's looking for and creates that second line.

Watering down the urine could make the sample unacceptable for two reasons; the temperature isn't in the acceptable range (it does vary a couple of degrees on either side of body temperature) or if the temperature is acceptable (or not measured which can be the case if it's not an instant test) the creatine levels could be too low indicating dilution. With the urine tests I have seen recently they don't appear to measure creatine but they do have a temperature indicator and are instant tests. Creatine levels can also be lowered if someone drinks a lot of water in an attempt to "flush it out their system", this is a complete myth and the only thing is does is dilute the urine 'in vivo' instead of direct 'in vitro' dilution . This may work since the urine is diluted thus the drug(s) present fall below the detection threshold but it does not flush the drug out your system, half life is half life and no amount of water will flush it out. The time it takes to leave your system depends on metabolic rate and other things such as liver function and general health but it will still fall within the elimination half life range.

Last edited by Solinari; 17-09-2012 at 13:30.
Old 18-09-2012, 02:42
Silver Member

Male from Australia
Joe29 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 136, Level: 1 Points: 136, Level: 1 Points: 136, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

Good luck, I wouldn't of watered down the piss though. Im pretty sure they can detect that shit.

How did you get on 'billyn1k1188'? Did you pass the test or fail it dude, just curious is all bro!

Share this on:

Tags
heroin