Register Tags

Notices

Old 05-09-2012, 20:29

Male from United States
Dremz is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
Melting wet meth?? or did i get screwed

SWIM got some powder meth ( fluff, speed blahblah whatever ) when SWIM melted it down it bubbled ( not multiple bubbles just one bubble around the whole area where the meth was) and kinda fizzled but not bad or anything, SWIM said it had a weird smell to it but the taste test and snort test it seemed normal but is completely unsmokable. SWIM got the meth after it was just pulled after the plate after it had just been pulled from filters. SWIM's question is, is this happening because the meth is still moist or wet ( its kinda clumpy and sticks to SWIMS straw bad) or did SWIM get ripped off.
Old 05-09-2012, 22:10
Back From the Big House

Male from Australia
Docta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 9,597, Level: 14 Points: 9,597, Level: 14 Points: 9,597, Level: 14
Activity: 13.8% Activity: 13.8% Activity: 13.8%
Re: Melting wet meth?? or did i get screwed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dremz View Post
SWIM got the meth after it was just pulled after the plate after it had just been pulled from filters.
What are you trying to say here I cant follow what your saying.?

It could be a hundred different things, how can a question like that be answered with such little background information.

If this mythical SWIM character was involved in the production then the problem may be looking back from the mirror.

We don't hold chemistry discussions in the open forum so an explanation of the >>>>>recrystallization<<<<<<< can not be held here.
Old 05-09-2012, 22:19
Titanium Member

40 y/o Male from United States
Grimace probably knows what they are talking about.Grimace probably knows what they are talking about.Grimace probably knows what they are talking about.Grimace probably knows what they are talking about.Grimace probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 576, Level: 3 Points: 576, Level: 3 Points: 576, Level: 3
Activity: 13.3% Activity: 13.3% Activity: 13.3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta View Post
We don't hold chemistry discussions in the open forum so an explanation of the >>>>>recrystallization<<<<<<< can not be held here.
This is something I've been wondering about - are recrystallizations really supposed to be restricted to the chemistry forum? I mean it's not creating a drug, it's just cleaning one that's already made. After all, the Cocaine and Crack forum has LeJunk's marvelous cocaine cleaning technique. What's the difference?

Post Quality Evaluations:
A good question on some ambiguity between the drug creation forum and a general forum
Old 05-09-2012, 23:58
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
RoxasUchiha needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%

It either sounds like Blow, or crank.

Crank is not only a nickname, but the name of the lowest grade of meth. Is shitty, poor quality, very impure, and is unwashed.

YOu either had Crank or poorly finished coke. Either way, you're screwed.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:07
Silver Member

Male from United States
coolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,398, Level: 7 Points: 2,398, Level: 7 Points: 2,398, Level: 7
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxasUchiha View Post

Crank is not only a nickname, but the name of the lowest grade of meth. Is shitty, poor quality, very impure, and is unwashed.
this is not true, now days crank has a very negative connotation, but before the procurer crack down there were VERY good cooks making meth in small batches all over the country and it was a little different from whats called "glass" or "ice" these days, but just because it was different doesn't mean it was worse quality.

the fact is you could have some very good meth but it may be in the wrong form to be smokeable, theres a too many reasons your shit isn't smokable being totally bunk one of them, or it could be a different kind of meth.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:43

Male from United States

Well SWIM told me he snorted it and he feels fine from it, just was very strange when melting. SWIM has had all sorts of dope, in powder and glass, been cut really hard with all sorts or stuff and also not hardly cut at all but SWIM has never seen such a strange reaction with the melting process.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:10
Back From the Big House

Male from Australia
Docta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond reputeDocta is a true resource and beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace View Post
This is something I've been wondering about - are recrystallizations really supposed to be restricted to the chemistry forum? I mean it's not creating a drug, it's just cleaning one that's already made. After all, the Cocaine and Crack forum has LeJunk's marvelous cocaine cleaning technique. What's the difference?
That is a very good question,

We'll start with the Cocaine and Crack forum, the use of the term "recrystallization" is being wrongly use to describe the neutralization reaction of an acid and a base wherein the cocaine anions (negatively charged ions) are put with hydrogen chloride cations (positively charged ions) resulting in a cancellation of net charge creating the reaction salt product cocaine HCl.

There is some of what could be loosely termed Single-solvent recrystallization but it's more a solvent wash then a true use of separation via a thermal gradient or pressure deferential in a saturated solution. There is no seeding or an initiation step synonymous with single-solvent recrystallization such as scratching the side of the container to make a site on which crystals may grow.

This common language use of the chemistry term recrystallization is not a problem because it's what the word represents that matters, as long as it's connected with a procedure for purifying of what ever compound there is no conflict.

Now to the Meth Chemistry forum Any time a drug creation involves covalence or in anyway the manipulation of a reactant to form a new product this is called synthesis. In this case Methamphetamine, it will require a certain set of properties as a finished product for the end user, such as IV use, smoking or snorting lines. Getting from a table full of precursor chemicals to this finished product is called the total synthesis.

After the Meth is made it's turned into a HCl salt just like in way described above but in this form it will not have the desired properties of smoking or snorting so a Multi-solvent or mass saturation recrystallization is preformed to make what is known as crystal meth. This final phase recrystallization is an integral part of creating the new substance and it's desired properties.

So you see with the meth the recrystallization is not just a procedure for purifying a compound it's a part of total synthesis, therefore it could only be discussed in the chemistry section.
Old 06-09-2012, 15:17

Male from United States

SWIM found out that what he had bought was the very last that had been pulled off the filter and was told apparently this can happen sometime. Shockingly SWIM's chef actually made it right and gave SWIM free stuff from a new batch. When the heck does that ever happen? lol
Old 09-09-2012, 01:56
Titanium Member

40 y/o Male from United States
Grimace probably knows what they are talking about.Grimace probably knows what they are talking about.Grimace probably knows what they are talking about.Grimace probably knows what they are talking about.Grimace probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 576, Level: 3 Points: 576, Level: 3 Points: 576, Level: 3
Activity: 13.3% Activity: 13.3% Activity: 13.3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta View Post
After the Meth is made it's turned into a HCl salt just like in way described above but in this form it will not have the desired properties of smoking or snorting so a Multi-solvent or mass saturation recrystallization is preformed to make what is known as crystal meth. This final phase recrystallization is an integral part of creating the new substance and it's desired properties.
I see your point now. The OP specified the meth was just "pulled from the filter" but wasn't suitable for smoking, so any purification discussion would be a continuation of the synthesis.

But in general is there a restriction on discussing cleaning techniques in the context of what the typical user can do to remove cuts and contaminants from small amounts ( < 5g) of common street meth?
Old 09-09-2012, 09:08
Back From the Big House

Male from Australia

Quote:
I see your point now. The OP specified the meth was just "pulled from the filter" but wasn't suitable for smoking, so any purification discussion would be a continuation of the synthesis.
You got it in one when you picked up on the "pulled from the filter" quote,

Quote:
But in general is there a restriction on discussing cleaning techniques in the context of what the typical user can do to remove cuts and contaminants from small amounts ( < 5g) of common street meth?
Now it's always the basic questions that can be the most complicated, I would think that common discussion of A/B extraction followed by salting and recrystallization would be fine eg. Cleaning Meth but by far the best threads on the purification subject involving the habit and morphological of recrystallizing methamphetamine are in the Meth chem forum. So it's kind of a catch 22 situation quoting text from inside the chemistry section may be frowned upon. I suppose we'd have to look at it on a case by case basis.

Working with the adulterants of such a narrow band between the fundamental properties of compounds such as that of the cuts use to mimic the appearance of crystal meth can make for some long drawn out fractional separation. The level of necessary chemistry knowledge grows exponentially with the complexity of the method of separation. Anything that involves distillation, chloroform, ether or conc. acids is a bit of a red flag it depends on what you mean by "cleaning techniques".

I'll ask the chemistry crew what they think, but as far as I'm concerned if there's no unsafe practices involved go for it.
Old 15-09-2012, 04:41

26 y/o Male from Australia
Chasm69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1
Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1%

Sorry I kind of skipped through a few of the really long posts to get to the basics. AFOAF knows some guys who throw together "HomeBake" (Thats what we call it here when its cooked in a home made lab) and everyone knows that what you wash out the filtres at the end is never any good for smoking, It pulls fibres out the filtres and they burn let alone it is normally yellow due to having all the crude caught up in it and tastes absoloutley horrible! Sometimes they mix it through the fluff and contaminate the whole batch or given to people who are owed for providing boxes to the cook other times it just gets sold to people who prefer injecting as I hear it is one hell of a rush but my friend doesn't roll that way.

Share this on: