Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Hydrocodone
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 21-08-2012, 17:18

23 y/o Male from United States
cAnNaBiSfIeNd should review received reputation comments.
Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
How much hydro does it take to get YOU high?

I have been taking hydrocodone on and off for a couple years now. Currently it takes me 50mg to start buzzing, and 70-90 to really feel good.

I would just move on to stronger opiates, but I don't like being addicted and with hydro its easy for me to stop and start with minimal withdrawals.

How bout you?
Old 21-08-2012, 17:34
Titanium Member

36 y/o Female from United States
Fentiful probably knows what they are talking about.Fentiful probably knows what they are talking about.Fentiful probably knows what they are talking about.Fentiful probably knows what they are talking about.Fentiful probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 450, Level: 3 Points: 450, Level: 3 Points: 450, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: How much hydro does it take to get YOU high?

Cannabis,

100mg and up will not produce euphoria in me anymore unless I have taken a substantial tolerance break. I no longer take it, and if you are using a formulation with acetaminophen I hope you are using cold water extraction or learn about it if you are not.

I remember the days when 1 of the 5/500mg would produce euphoria and 2 of the 10/325mg right after I had my injury put me into a stupor thank God! After a time I had to move up to oxycodone for pain relief in combination with fentanyl. After a short order none of them produce euphoria without a substantial increase in dose and or a long break.

I have been on opiates/opioids now daily for four years. Even if I take a few weeks off, it would take at least 40-50mg of oxycodone to produce any euphoria and within a few days it jumps up to requiring 100mg and up and just keeps going from there.

At my highest doses I was on 150mcg of fentanyl both transdermally and orally as well as around 400mg of oxycodone a day and was functioning normally without any euphoria. I currently have dropped my dosages down significantly to 30mg a day, and dropped the fentanyl a while back and all it does is provide slight pain relief at times and keep me from going into full blown withdrawals.

Opiates/opioids are to be respected for sure. You can have no problem with them for a long while as I did, and even with legitimate reasons spiral out of control and find yourself in a huge mess before you fully realize it. Since their isn't a ceiling effect on them, the more you take and the longer you take them the more you will require to feel much off of them.

Btw, without some kind of aid or tapering, the withdrawals are horrendous with those substances and at those doses.
Old 21-08-2012, 17:48

cAnNaBiSfIeNd should review received reputation comments.
Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fentiful View Post
Cannabis,

100mg and up will not produce euphoria in me anymore unless I have taken a substantial tolerance break. I no longer take it, and if you are using a formulation with acetaminophen I hope you are using cold water extraction or learn about it if you are not.

I remember the days when 1 of the 5/500mg would produce euphoria and 2 of the 10/325mg right after I had my injury put me into a stupor thank God! After a time I had to move up to oxycodone for pain relief in combination with fentanyl. After a short order none of them produce euphoria without a substantial increase in dose and or a long break.

I have been on opiates/opioids now daily for four years. Even if I take a few weeks off, it would take at least 40-50mg of oxycodone to produce any euphoria and within a few days it jumps up to requiring 100mg and up and just keeps going from there.

At my highest doses I was on 150mcg of fentanyl both transdermally and orally as well as around 400mg of oxycodone a day and was functioning normally without any euphoria. I currently have dropped my dosages down significantly to 30mg a day, and dropped the fentanyl a while back and all it does is provide slight pain relief at times and keep me from going into full blown withdrawals.

Opiates/opioids are to be respected for sure. You can have no problem with them for a long while as I did, and even with legitimate reasons spiral out of control and find yourself in a huge mess before you fully realize it. Since their isn't a ceiling effect on them, the more you take and the longer you take them the more you will require to feel much off of them.

Btw, without some kind of aid or tapering, the withdrawals are horrendous with those substances and at those doses.
I am glad I don't rely on them for pain management, or I would surely do the same.

I am aware of the cold water extraction method. However, since I am still taking under 4000mg of apap daily I don't bother.

Thanks for your reply!
Old 21-08-2012, 17:51

20 y/o Male from United States
spade082 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1
Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1%

Swim is on Roxi 15s 2x a day for pain, plus promethazine so theres no need to take even more (pretty fair tolerance issues). Swim never buys vicodin EVER period because they cost about as much as percs, and work half as good. 40mg wont even change my pupils or give me the slightest itch. Im prolly with the OP, around 70+mg if I wanna feel high...for a few hours. Not worth it, Oxy>Hydro. But to each his own
Old 22-08-2012, 15:37
Silver Member

Male from Vanuatu
Master_Khan probably knows what they are talking about.Master_Khan probably knows what they are talking about.Master_Khan probably knows what they are talking about.Master_Khan probably knows what they are talking about.Master_Khan probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 719, Level: 4 Points: 719, Level: 4 Points: 719, Level: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cAnNaBiSfIeNd View Post

I am aware of the cold water extraction method. However, since I am still taking under 4000mg of apap daily I don't bother.

Thanks for your reply!
You may be taking less than 4000 mg of APAP daily but there is also a single dose threshold of about 1000 mg in a single session and if you're taking even five or more Norcos in a single dose you are bombing your liver & you need to be aware of it.

Master_Khan added 4 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

To answer the OP's question, a single 10 mg pill still puts me where I want to be. If you want to stay out of the addiction and recovery section here (other than as a casual observer), you will want to learn from others that increasing your dose in response to tolerance is the fast lane to nowhere, and a violation of the "don't be a dick" rule. It is much more fruitful, and exponentially safer, to instead train your mind to parse what it can from a stable dose, and live to dose another day.

Post Quality Evaluations:
very good advice, keep it safe and void overdose.

Last edited by Master_Khan; 22-08-2012 at 15:37. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 22-08-2012, 16:36

Male from United States
pierce2334 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

40mg will get my pet python going with a nice buzz.. But ideally 60-80mg is what gets him nodding and fuzzy.

Add some sticky icky ghanja and it doesnt get any better than that.

He does miss the good old days where 10mg would do the trick though.
Old 22-08-2012, 18:26

39 y/o Female from United States
grneyedfarie is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%

I remember the days when I could keep a 5/500mg Vicodin in my pocket and just knowing it was there was enough. I don't even bother with the 5's anymore cause I would have to take over 10 to get a feeling. It takes 5 of the 10mg Norco to even get a slight feeling. I prefer oxys, IV. It still takes about 4 of the 10mg oxys to get a feeling. I remember the first time I took a 10mg Hydro. It was the fat blue ones I believe it was a 10/650mg. It made me sick and I threw up. Oh how I miss those days. I have been taking opiates for 20 years off and on. They are my drug of choice, but right now I have been using Meth for 2 1/2 years. I prefer it IV as well. Smoking just doesn't get me off. I use Meth to mask the withdrawl of opiates, and when out of Meth I use opiates to mask the withdrawl of Meth. It's a vicious circle.
Old 22-08-2012, 18:37
Silver Member

psychedelia is a decent psychonaut.psychedelia is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 318, Level: 2 Points: 318, Level: 2 Points: 318, Level: 2

I have no opiate tolerance (fortunately) and it takes me 20mg to 25mg of hydrocodone to get high. I don't understand people who can get off on 10mg, or those with no tolerance who take up to 60mg. Makes no sense to me, but our bodies are all different!

For me, dosage and general effects with no tolerance to opiates:

15mg: Effects begin here, just a light pleasant feeling. I smile a lot, very relaxed, and a lot more social and loving and empathetic towards people.

20mg: Same effects as 15mg but stronger, with some warmth and sedation.

25mg: Contentness is much stronger than at 20mg, very warm and tired, nod can start here. I often just crawl into bed and nod off into bliss. At this dose, I can get nauseous and anxious when the drug wears off.

30mg: This dose made me pretty fucked up, I nodded and almost threw up. When the drug wore off, I had an anxiety attack. Haven't taken this much again. Very warm and nice-feeling, despite sickness. Not a negative thought in my mind, just buzzy warm sleepiness. Wow, I miss opiates thinking about it now.
Old 22-08-2012, 18:45
Titanium Member

36 y/o Female from United States
Fentiful probably knows what they are talking about.Fentiful probably knows what they are talking about.Fentiful probably knows what they are talking about.Fentiful probably knows what they are talking about.Fentiful probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 450, Level: 3 Points: 450, Level: 3 Points: 450, Level: 3

@psych,

That's odd, but then again your opiate naive. Even when I was, no matter how high I dosed, I've never nodded on pills, only IV opiates.
I did however get the awful nausea, it goes away after awhile, but it returned again years later on high doses without the good effects unfortunately....
Old 22-08-2012, 19:06
Silver Member

psychedelia is a decent psychonaut.psychedelia is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 318, Level: 2 Points: 318, Level: 2 Points: 318, Level: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fentiful View Post
@psych,

That's odd, but then again your opiate naive. Even when I was, no matter how high I dosed, I've never nodded on pills, only IV opiates.
I did however get the awful nausea, it goes away after awhile, but it returned again years later on high doses without the good effects unfortunately....
I seem to be VERY prone to nodding, perhaps because I'm naturally pretty sleepy 24/7. I can even get a nod going on weak opiates if I just relax and drift off. I've never IV'd opiates so I've never gotten a strong nod but I still just nod off and have vivid lucid dreams, even on 25mg hydrocodone. Thank God for low tolerance, I guess
Old 23-08-2012, 01:47

Male from United States
Sikez is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1

So far, my friend has had a total of 4 sessions with hydro
1st session - 4 pills(30 mg) - felt nothing
2nd session - 10 pills (67.5mg) - felt great
3rd session - 10 pills (67.5mg)- felt good but not as good as the 2nd session
4th session - 15 pills(112.5 mg) - felt amazing but was paranoid of od
my friend seems to be very tolerant to opioids even though he never took them before..
my friend did cwe on all of em (even 4 pills)
my friend is very jelous of people who can take 10mg and feel something
Old 23-08-2012, 03:58
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.
Points: 958, Level: 4 Points: 958, Level: 4 Points: 958, Level: 4
Activity: 7.6% Activity: 7.6% Activity: 7.6%

You guys will laugh at me....

I actually happened upon some Vicodin recently and took 15mg of hydrocodone (2x 7.5's). In under 2 hours I was too fucked up to even stay awake. When looking at my computer screen and walking became overly difficult I ended up laying down and napping for about 3 hours. I ended up having to take a small hit of Marijuana to fend off feelings of nausea. Of course the last time I recalled taking it, I took about 22mg (liquid) and it was just way too much and I ended up puking. I thought I could at least handle 7mg lower.

5 - 10mg is really all I need to reach desirable euphoria from that medicine. In my recent experience I am pretty sure I simply took 15mg because I was confident, at the least, that I wouldn't puke (and maybe a dash of 'too lazy to split the pill'). But even that proved to be way too strong for me. Needless to say with the remainder of what I have at most I will take 1.5 of them. But probably just stick to 7.5mg as that is plenty for me. I get very silly off that small amount.

I am lightweight in general to drugs though. It really doesn't take much of *anything* to have an effect on me.
Old 23-08-2012, 04:11
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
Cable lifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

I've taken up to 70 mg and it's never made me high.
Old 26-08-2012, 07:53

24 y/o Male from United States
Roll1N needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Points: 362, Level: 3 Points: 362, Level: 3 Points: 362, Level: 3
Activity: 4.6% Activity: 4.6% Activity: 4.6%

It takes at least 60mg of hydro and a bowl of some good chron to get that opiate high he desires. Other than that it's pointless and a waste to take any less of a dose.
Old 28-08-2012, 18:49

32 y/o Male from United States
ComfortablyNumb14 should review received reputation comments.

EVERYONE.PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM FENT. It will ruin your life whether you feel your "in control" or not. And it takes my crab cakes at least 60mg to feel half way. But i found when that silly fuckn crab cakes snorts a.couple tens the sex is.NICE

Share this on:

Tags
dose, hydrocodone