Register Tags

Notices

DXM Dextromethorphan

Old 18-08-2012, 01:05

21 y/o Male from United States
Whipp is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
What is the best brand/product to trip on DXM?

My cat Brody has been experimenting with DXM lately, anyways he wants to know which product is the best product to trip on DXM? Brody knows to stay from bad active ingredients and only look for the active ingredient Dextromorphan. Also, Brody HATES drinking cough syrup and really wants to stay with the pill form! so could anyone help my cat know whats the best product/brand?
Old 18-08-2012, 01:39
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Kid Cudi really adds to the discussion.Kid Cudi really adds to the discussion.Kid Cudi really adds to the discussion.Kid Cudi really adds to the discussion.Kid Cudi really adds to the discussion.Kid Cudi really adds to the discussion.
Points: 863, Level: 4 Points: 863, Level: 4 Points: 863, Level: 4
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: What is the best brand/product to trip on DXM?

If Brody is looking for dextromethorphan-only pills, he could try Robitussin Cough Gels or Drixoral Cough Liquid Caps. I'm not sure how much DXM is in each bottle of Drixoral, but I know that each bottle of Robitussin usually has 300 mg of DXM (15 mg each soft gel).
Old 18-08-2012, 02:46

21 y/o Male from United States
Whipp is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

My Cat has now ingested 480Mg of DXM thru Coricidin and he took an additional 120 Mg of DXM thru Robitussin in the bottle. He would have taken more but he cant stand the robitussin at all. Oh well, i think my cat will be fine with 600 Mg trip
Old 18-08-2012, 04:23
Ellisdeee Ellisdeee is nu online
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.
Points: 958, Level: 4 Points: 958, Level: 4 Points: 958, Level: 4
Activity: 7.6% Activity: 7.6% Activity: 7.6%

You say in your OP you know to stay away from bad active ingredients and go for only DXM containing products. So you come back to tell us how you took a recreational dose of DXM that contains bad active ingredients because you would rather ramp up a potentially unsafe dosage of a substance that does not contribute to the DXM experience because you "hate cough syrup".

Honestly, this thread should highlight "Bad ideas" at their best. Your hot-link of the word 'Coricidin', that takes you to a DF page which reads:

"Coricidin can be extremely dangerous in recreational doses. Coricidin abuse has resulted in seven (?) confirmed deaths as well as uncounted hospitalizations. Recreational use of Coricidin is strongly discouraged."

All recorded lethal Coricidin victims have consumed 10 tablets (300 mg DXM and 40 mg chlorpheniramine) or less, which suggests that either a massive build-up of chlorpheniramine has taken place (because of the raised half-life and repeated use) or the victims were CYP2D6 deficient.

So you pointed out in the OP it is dangerous, the site has direct on site resource explaining it is dangerous - and for the sake of dislike of syrup you do it anyway.

To anybody asking this question to, which it BUGS me that I see it pop up so much. This is a skill a 12 year old could master with a tad of knowledge. This is a simple task of reading comprehension, and nothing more, as silly as that sounds. Why ask others "what brand" to take? The internetz can recommend brands all day, it doesn't matter because an individuals selection will be what is on the shelves of the store they go to. Pick up the boxes. Read if it is syrup or pill. Read the active ingredients. Buy one that only lists one active ingredient as DXM. Is it really that non-intuitive?

Take any OTC drug, even non psychoactive. Would I sound anything less of ignorant If I asked "I want to take aspirin, but I don't want any of the preparations mixed with caffeine or anything else, what brand should I get?". I don't know, I'll try starting with the one on the shelf that clearly lists the only active ingredient as Aspirin. Or maybe I should ask what brand I should get, as if I can wave a wand and make that brand appear in my store. You get what you see on the shelves and it is nothing less of perfectly clear what they all contain. *Sigh* :/

I really hope you are okay, because frankly, you made a stupid decision considering the information you had access to. I hope you don't pay for the stupid decision and can move forward knowing to NOT make said decision again. Please only use DXM containing products. Puking or gagging on cough syrup is better than risking your health or possibly your life, any day of the week. Especially just for a high. Come back and let possibly concerned people know that you are okay when all is said and done.

Last edited by Ellisdeee; 18-08-2012 at 22:55.
Old 20-09-2012, 00:05

19 y/o Male from USA - New Jersey
trippyC is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%

Ellisdeee has a valid point. In dosage past a second plateau coricidin can produce unwanted side effects:
nausea, confusion, heart palpitations, and overall extreme discomfort. You should really try to avoid this product because the antihistamine may not seem like much of a threat before you take it, but believe me this product is often underestimated and people take too much and end up having distasteful experiences. My fish went to the hospital on this product when he took 26 of them and had multiple seizures. if syrup is gross to you try delsym. The flavor is much more bearable than robitussin brands and the dxm polstirex always gave me better trips. Not only is it better tasting and safer than the coricidin brand, but the polstirex is pretty much dxm hbr just with plastic coating to create an extended release which makes the trip longer and smoother. stay safe man

Share this on:

Tags
dxm