Register Tags

Notices

Old 14-08-2012, 11:32

24 y/o Female from United States
HoppyPoppy is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%
First time Heroin user...

SO, i was addicted to Hydromorphone for 6 months and got clean, withdrawls were a bitch but i got through it.
My bestfriend and his brother are both heroin addicts, my bestfriend being an IV user... So ive been curious about it for some time now.

Well today we went to get a sack and i pitched in $10.00 so i could get a small piece to try it.

So here i am, with all of it gone but a small piece to do in the morning and im feeling amazing.
i never thought that you try this shit once and your hooked was true, but after smoking my first little piece, i was just itching to smoke more, get more high, and once the high began to come down, i wanted more. right now thats all i can think about, is if i should get more tomorrow...

Heroin use to scare the shit out of me, expecially after watching my bestfriend OD.
But i must say, it is by far the BEST drug i have ever tried. I have made a promise to myself i will NEVER shoot it. Needles scare me and watching how my friend is, i dont wanna be like that. i just hope i can keep this recreational. But i do think that its something to try, always live by the "always try something once" rule.

But im slightly scared ive opened a door i can not close. FML.
Old 14-08-2012, 17:46
Silver Member

33 y/o Female from United Kingdom
laing1981 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 464, Level: 3 Points: 464, Level: 3 Points: 464, Level: 3
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%
Re: First time Heroin user...

Don't ever underestimate the power of heroin......... recreational use is near impossible. Tread carefully.
Old 14-08-2012, 17:58
Palladium Member

runnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medline
Points: 4,036, Level: 9 Points: 4,036, Level: 9 Points: 4,036, Level: 9
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. How to prevent addiction? Easy, stop using while you're still ahead.

Just remember it will never be easier to stop than it is right now. Almost every person I've met started out saying they would never use needles and now they all do and most have hep c and are chronically homeless and in and out of jail and just have nothing going for them.

If you are going to keep using I've always heard never to use more than 3 days in a row and supposedly you won't suffer withdrawals. But again, I know no one who has been able to only use three days.

The average heroin addict is addicted for thirteen years before they kick.
Old 14-08-2012, 17:59
Titanium Member

37 y/o Female from United States
Fentiful probably knows what they are talking about.Fentiful probably knows what they are talking about.Fentiful probably knows what they are talking about.Fentiful probably knows what they are talking about.Fentiful probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 466, Level: 3 Points: 466, Level: 3 Points: 466, Level: 3
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

"Heroin use to scare the shit out of me, expecially after watching my bestfriend OD.
But i must say, it is by far the BEST drug i have ever tried. I have made a promise to myself i will NEVER shoot it."

I suggest going back and rereading what you wrote very slowly. Do you see what I see? I am in know way patronizing you or being judgmental. By your own words you stated Heroin used to scare you, you've seen your BF OD, so you know the dangers, so by implication you are saying you previously decided to stay away from it. At some point you made the decision to try it, and you are now setting boundaries with a drug you consider the BEST, that are almost never followed once a certain line has been crossed.

I venture to say a large amount of IV heroin users started out with other routes of action and never intended to shoot up. Once the physical addiction takes it's grips, it's almost impossible to pry out your life, even after it's taken everything dear from you, given that it doesn't take your life first. There is a common misconception that only IVing Heroin can lead to dire and severely destructing results. Heroin addiction is heroin addiction any way you take it.

Have you seen or have your friends explained to you how bad the withdrawals are? Have you asked them all of the nevers they've done to get their drug of choice or just to feel normal? Sure opioids and opiates produce some of the BEST feelings, but they also bring out the WORST in people and cause some of the WORST withdrawal symptoms if and when you decide to get clean.

Just some things to consider since you are already seemed to have opened "pandora's box".
Old 15-08-2012, 17:27

27 y/o Male from United States
mountainmanOG is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

Okay, I really hope this doesn't fall on deaf ears.

So you probably though, or are still thinking cuz you're doped out, that this feeling should last forever. Why can't life just feel this awesome all the time? you think to yourself.

I'll tell you why, and there's more than just a few reasons. Heroin produces a tolerance like you'd never imagine, more rapidly than any other drug usually, and it doesn't take long to find yourself using 5x the dose you got fucked over on tonight. You can follow the golden 3-day rule all you want and dodge any SERIOUS physical habit but eventually you'll find yourself smoking impossible amounts: it's just costing too much....and your countdown towards the needle starts as the idea begins to become more and more appealing. It's not long before not only are you spending 5-10 times what you started out spending, but you don't even get a high half as wonderful as that first time, event though you're nodding off and falling out left and right; but HEY, you've managed to chip for a few months (shit I managed 4 years before I finally caved) without picking up a habit despite having to burn a whole gram at a time. So now it's stupid expensive and that needle....well that needle goes in despite years of promising yourself it won't. You've convinced yourself that you can handle it; you won't use any differently than you do now, it'll cost less and it's supposed to feel even better so maybe it'll be the same high you've been chasing for a while.

Well you go ahead and do it and the rush kicks in instantly, flooring you. It's better than the best, all previous use of heroin becomes null and void, nothing can match how you feel for a few minutes right after slamming down that plunger the very first time. And I mean nothing. You might get one more rush that's that amazing if you wait years for your next shot, but you won't, that'll be tomorrow. I mean why not the rig saved a bunch of dope. 5 days later you're fucked.....

I've seen it happen to EVERY SINGLE ADDICT I've known.

Post Quality Evaluations:
so true.....
Old 16-08-2012, 07:43

HoppyPoppy is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%

if i ever got to the point of wanting to shoot, id go into detox, or inpaitent. i will NEVER shoot. needles scare me. i watch my bestfriend enough times, see the track marks on his arm. i never want that.
i enjoy the high i get off smoking heroin, im not doing it for that insane rush. i like the relaxation i feel, the carefreeness of it all. ive been smoking for 4 days now, taking a break for a day or so, since my bestfriend wont let me buy anymore since ive already bought $20.00 worth each day for the past 3 days.
i dont wanna go down the road of being a "junkie" im going to put all my will power into keeping it recreational. do it a few times a week, take a break, do it a few times a week, take a break. if i see myself doing it more and spending more money on it.. then i know im done.
i know this sounds impossible, cause of how addictive heroin is, but im going to try, my bestfriend is going to try and keep an eye on me. hes so bent on keeping me off it, and since hes the ONLY person i can get dope from, so far its been good.
Old 17-08-2012, 01:44
Silver Member

33 y/o Female from United Kingdom
laing1981 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 464, Level: 3 Points: 464, Level: 3 Points: 464, Level: 3
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%

Im sorry to say this but ur gonna end up just another statistic.... don't mean to sound harsh but it never works out that way. Take care
Old 23-09-2012, 21:35
Silver Member

36 y/o Male from England
westie420uk is on the way upwestie420uk is on the way upwestie420uk is on the way upwestie420uk is on the way up
Points: 575, Level: 3 Points: 575, Level: 3 Points: 575, Level: 3
Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9%

There is nothing i can add that hasn't been posted in this thread.
Your best friend may be keeping an eye on you, but there will be a day that he cant raise any money himself & will soon be asking you if you want to score, i've seen it a million times before. In my opion as far as heroin use goes its once bitten forever smitten. The high is just too nice to to only use a for a few days, its soon becomes a full time job. & by the time you realize you need more to get high its too late. Please, please, please think about stopping, you are only 22, you dont want to be posting on DF in a year or 2 from now telling people the bad things you have done to get your fix. Its just not worth it. I would sack your boyfriend & stop hanging around with people that use as it sounds like your social circle are all in the heroin game.
Old 22-12-2012, 20:14
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

29 y/o Female from United States
judi is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

Don,t think your never shoot it I said the same thing . My dealer gave me a FREE needle one day just to try. It was the most amazing feeling I ever experienced. Previously I only smoked it two days later I could wait for him to Iv me. In three weeks my habit soared .I now use more in one fix than I used to use in two days smoking. Dealers are salesmen once hooked they have you by the a** and I don't mean literally, I never thought I would put out for a little bag of H. So think twice before jumping in all the way.
Old 22-12-2012, 20:25
Silver Member

23 y/o Female from United States
xSarahJ is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 83, Level: 1 Points: 83, Level: 1 Points: 83, Level: 1
Activity: 5.0% Activity: 5.0% Activity: 5.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoppyPoppy View Post
if i ever got to the point of wanting to shoot, id go into detox, or inpaitent. i will NEVER shoot. needles scare me. i watch my bestfriend enough times, see the track marks on his arm. i never want that.
i enjoy the high i get off smoking heroin, im not doing it for that insane rush. i like the relaxation i feel, the carefreeness of it all. ive been smoking for 4 days now, taking a break for a day or so, since my bestfriend wont let me buy anymore since ive already bought $20.00 worth each day for the past 3 days.
i dont wanna go down the road of being a "junkie" im going to put all my will power into keeping it recreational. do it a few times a week, take a break, do it a few times a week, take a break. if i see myself doing it more and spending more money on it.. then i know im done.
i know this sounds impossible, cause of how addictive heroin is, but im going to try, my bestfriend is going to try and keep an eye on me. hes so bent on keeping me off it, and since hes the ONLY person i can get dope from, so far its been good.
"Heroin use to scare the shit out of me" and now you've tried it....
"needles scare me".... do you really think that since you were able to get over your fear of heroin, even after seeing someone OD, that your fear of needles will never subside?

VERY good point.
Old 22-12-2012, 20:38
Titanium Member

54 y/o Female from United States
ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.
Points: 482, Level: 3 Points: 482, Level: 3 Points: 482, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

your post made my rat cry

she was an IV heroin user for over 8 years and finally got clean. she lost everything including her youth, her health and the love of her life because of heroin.

and then - she was clean for over 8 years and started dabbling again with other opiates and is now using heroin again - just like you said WITHOUT needles - and it is just as bad.

one of my rats best friends died from an OD a couple of nights ago. this was a person who had years of experience with IV drug use. he just couldn't take it any more and decided to leave us all.

YOU are on a very slippery slope right now.

please save yourself and just go back to the way you were. i know this post is probably of no use because me and my rat have been there but i wish for all the world that i had listened to people who warned me when i was first using.

if you stop now you will only have a couple of weeks or so of thinking about it. fill the time with other things that are fun to you. exercise, volunteer, anything to keep your mind off of it.

please don't make the mistake that my rat made sooo long ago. believe me you will not be able to control this habit. you will start by doing small amounts and staying away from needles. soon you will not be able to get enough into your body quick enough by other methods and you will try IV once. from then on you can count on having to fix every 4 hours or so or start to get sick.

do you want to live your life in this way? do you really think that this is a fun or cool thing to do? believe me it is NOT. it makes you into a person that would do anything to get your fix.

my rat has horrible scars from abcesses. she has hepC. she has diabetes and has to take insulin 5 times a day and still she can't stay away from this stuff

you are young my friend, and have your whole life ahead of you. please try and find something else to do for fun. can't you smoke weed or something like that? or drink beer?

please take care of yourself and believe us here. we have been there and we know how it is. all of these people wouldn't be warning you if there was not truth in this.

we don't want you to have to go through the torture.

Excellent advice based on life experience.
Old 22-12-2012, 21:50
Banned

32 y/o Male from Canada
PharmaCycle is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 77, Level: 1 Points: 77, Level: 1 Points: 77, Level: 1
Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3%

Making the switch to the needle often isn't a decision you get to make. It normally occurs due to the failure of your current ROA (route of administration) in getting you sufficiently high along with the massive increase in drug costs due to your ever increasing tolerance.

One day you'll think to yourself: "why am I going through $X in a day by smoking when the same amount could last me a week if I start injecting". That's when it starts.

Take a look around at the life you have right now, your home your family and friends. Ask yourself if the high is worth potentially loosing all of that. Take a long look at your friends who are using and compare how they are now to how they where before they got into drugs. Take stock of their losses, family, significant other, sober friends, employment or school repercussions.

Add all that up and ask yourself when your sober whether risking all of those good things in your life is worth getting high and probably ending up hopelessly addicted. The right answer is "no its not". If you give yourself any other answer, it may already be too late.

Good luck and I hope you really take to heart all the posts in this thread. We where all down the same road your going down and we're here giving advice and trying to help because we already know how these things end..

Last edited by PharmaCycle; 22-12-2012 at 22:00.
Old 22-12-2012, 22:28
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from Earth
Papa Smurf is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 123, Level: 1 Points: 123, Level: 1 Points: 123, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoppyPoppy View Post
SO, i was addicted to Hydromorphone for 6 months and got clean, withdrawls were a bitch but i got through it.
My bestfriend and his brother are both heroin addicts, my bestfriend being an IV user... So ive been curious about it for some time now.

Well today we went to get a sack and i pitched in $10.00 so i could get a small piece to try it.

So here i am, with all of it gone but a small piece to do in the morning and im feeling amazing.
i never thought that you try this shit once and your hooked was true, but after smoking my first little piece, i was just itching to smoke more, get more high, and once the high began to come down, i wanted more. right now thats all i can think about, is if i should get more tomorrow...

Heroin use to scare the shit out of me, expecially after watching my bestfriend OD.
But i must say, it is by far the BEST drug i have ever tried. I have made a promise to myself i will NEVER shoot it. Needles scare me and watching how my friend is, i dont wanna be like that. i just hope i can keep this recreational. But i do think that its something to try, always live by the "always try something once" rule.

But im slightly scared ive opened a door i can not close. FML.
Be very careful. Understand that this is an extremely powerful and addictive substance. Each individual has the power to kick anything. Despite it's very high addiction potential, the bottom line is that your mind is as strong as you let it be. If you accept that it's a one time thing, move on and never do it again, your future can be changed. I know you care about your friends but realize the influence they have on you. If they increase the risk of you doing H again, find new friends!! It is not worth ruining your life over. Do not feel despaired, because you are strong, and you can do anything you put your mind to. I know there's a constant thought because it's a natural response for your body reward system to crave more. Despite these thoughts, you have to distract yourself. Find new areas in your life to take your mind of this. The number one thing imho that get people back on H is a lack of other things to do. Experiment with psychedelics! Read books! Meet new people! Psychedelics have been used to treat addiction. Though it is not a body high like H, one can achieve amazing experience that will leave you reflecting on yourself. I wish you luck.

Kind words and good advice.

Last edited by Papa Smurf; 23-12-2012 at 07:47. Reason: spelling
Old 24-12-2012, 01:33

30 y/o Male from United States
LogicAndReason is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1
Activity: 3.0% Activity: 3.0% Activity: 3.0%

You definitely SHOULD be scared. As per your own admission, you were an addict of an opiate FAR less addictive than heroin. Stop now while you can, seriously
Old 31-12-2012, 22:01
Silver Member

Male from Canada
Whiteboy123 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 115, Level: 1 Points: 115, Level: 1 Points: 115, Level: 1
Activity: 6.5% Activity: 6.5% Activity: 6.5%

I have never done Heroin, just cocaine and marijuana. Yet, I feel more than qualified to say that heroin is not something to be fucked with. Most people start snorting, but end up shooting to save money when they become an addict. Once you stick that needle in, it's a one stop drop. In my opinion the thing most scarey about Heroin is that it is extremely addictive and the withdrawal... the withdrawal is not a mental dependency or a craving like Cocaine or marijuana. It goes from being a want, to a need. The physical withdrawal form heroin is horrible. A lot of people die just from quitting. Save yourself while you can. Please tread carefully.
Old 31-12-2012, 22:16
Silver Member

Female from United States
TimeKilla is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 300, Level: 2 Points: 300, Level: 2 Points: 300, Level: 2
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

If you're going to use again please stay safe as you have no tolerance try to use around other people that can keep a eye on you and call for help if anything happens to you. If you do decide to I.V make sure you test a'little bit on the foil first to gauge strength something you will be unlikely to do being new to the drug only put a very small amount into the pot less than a quarter of a bag and see how you feel after that.

Stay safe and don't share any tools with anyone needles or even cookers, pots and filters as that can transfer blood borne viruses.

Share this on:

Tags
first time, heroin, hydromorphone, opiate