Notices

Old 14-08-2012, 10:14

33 y/o Male from United States
Faust0230xx is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
What's up with Mylan ms contin?

Hey peeps,

I decided to post here to try and get some info from others about this. My good friend has been taking ms-contin for about 2 months now. Recently, his doc upgraded him from 45mg 3x a day to 60 mg 3x a day. He always got the brand that i think were called mali-something. These new tablets he got are huge. Anyone have any idea what is in them? Also, does anyone know if there is a way to get the good from the other to make these instant type? Any insight would make my friend greatly appreciative.

Thank You -
Old 14-08-2012, 10:44
Palladium Member

trdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,333, Level: 12 Points: 7,333, Level: 12 Points: 7,333, Level: 12
Activity: 4.4% Activity: 4.4% Activity: 4.4%
Re: What's up with Mylan ms contin?

Can you give me a description of your friends pill such as color, shape, and any letters/numbers?
Old 14-08-2012, 10:55

Faust0230xx is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdofbeingtrd View Post
Can you give me a description of your friends pill such as color, shape, and any letters/numbers?
Sure, probably should have done that from the start (sorry about that).

Compared to the other ms contins i have seen this is very large (6x bigger maybe);
It is a very light peach circle (lets call it a short, stubby cylinder for a 3d idea);
One side is branded with a large M;
other side is branded with MS on top and 60 on the bottom.

I think that is about all there is to tell except that these things can get sticky if it is stored in a hot place.

Let me know if you would like more info on this.
Old 14-08-2012, 11:18
Palladium Member

trdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,333, Level: 12 Points: 7,333, Level: 12 Points: 7,333, Level: 12
Activity: 4.4% Activity: 4.4% Activity: 4.4%

Okay, it's made by Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc. and according to this it is made up of

MS CONTIN tablets are for oral use and contain morphine sulfate, an agonist at the mu-opioid receptor.
Each tablet contains the following inactive ingredients common to all strengths: cetostearyl alcohol, hydroxyethyl cellulose, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, polyethylene glycol, talc and titanium dioxide.
The tablet strengths describe the amount of morphine per tablet as the pentahydrated sulfate salt (morphine sulfate).
The 15 mg tablets also contain: FD&C Blue No. 2, lactose, polysorbate 80
The 30 mg tablets also contain: D&C Red No. 7, FD&C Blue No. 1, lactose, polysorbate 80
The 60 mg tablets also contain: D&C Red No. 30, D&C Yellow No. 10, hydroxypropyl cellulose, lactose
The 100 mg tablets also contain: black iron oxide
The 200 mg tablets also contain: D&C Yellow No. 10, FD&C Blue No. 1, hydroxypropyl cellulose
Morphine sulfate is an odorless, white, crystalline powder with a bitter taste. It has a solubility of 1 in 21 parts of water and 1 in 1000 parts of alcohol, but is practically insoluble in chloroform or ether. The octanol: water partition coefficient of morphine is 1.42 at physiologic pH and the pKb is 7.9 for the tertiary nitrogen (mostly ionized at pH 7.4).

I can put up the structural picture if you want, but if this is good enough
Old 14-10-2012, 16:15
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

44 y/o Male from United States
frogndprincess is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1

i've been getting the mylans for about 4 months now. I hated them at first till i did a few experiments with them, multiple ways of ingesting, oral, IV, and anal. Have worked them all out and get almost all the dope, more than with the mallies. Any questions? BTW-snorting em does suck, but you still get the med.
Old 15-10-2012, 18:32

40 y/o Male from USA - Tennessee
TnJedd1974 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogndprincess View Post
i've been getting the mylans for about 4 months now. I hated them at first till i did a few experiments with them, multiple ways of ingesting, oral, IV, and anal. Have worked them all out and get almost all the dope, more than with the mallies. Any questions? BTW-snorting em does suck, but you still get the med.
I,ve been IVing these monsters when one of my script guys decides to go to a pharmacy that I tell them not to.After wasting an entire script of 30s I figured out that the salt water method works best on breaking these beasts down,Is this how you are IVing these or do u know a better way?
Old 22-10-2012, 17:32

44 y/o Male from United States
frogndprincess is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1

I just sent the last 2 mins completing the perfect post, complete with pics and attachments, then when i tried to preview the post, the page didn't load and I could do nothing but try a refreash, and all my work is gone. That, really, really, pi$$e$ me off. Dang, it was sweet too.
OK, sort version. No NaCl, just plain. pre-crush and granulate pill. Note: Only one can be done at a time with this method. You want 80cc's of H2O, so load 85 and bring to boil on spoon. Dump in powder, quick stir w/back of rig. Drop in filter and suck it up. All must be done quickly so have everything ready befor you begin. ER morphine is not forgiving so you need to have everything in place.
BTW-Have you ever used "crisping" method. Since morphine is estroyed @ 170F, won't that destroy some, but certainly too much, of the dope?
Old 01-11-2012, 22:19

27 y/o Male from United States
N0rthrnCa707 is captain of the psychonauts.N0rthrnCa707 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 276, Level: 2 Points: 276, Level: 2 Points: 276, Level: 2
Activity: 3.5% Activity: 3.5% Activity: 3.5%

I got the mylan 15 mg and was shocked like you I'm sure. It looks like a lot of pill compared to the watson for example. But taken orally as prescribed they really worked IMO.
Old 25-12-2012, 03:00
Silver Member

69 y/o Male from Netherlands
neversummer is a decent psychonaut.neversummer is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 362, Level: 3 Points: 362, Level: 3 Points: 362, Level: 3
Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9%

these are my least favorite brand of morphine specifically the ER, when you try to crush them in your mouth to make it release quicker you have to use your back molars and still its really difficult.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:21
Silver Member

Female from United States
Pain-pal is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 106, Level: 1 Points: 106, Level: 1 Points: 106, Level: 1

Hello. I'm bumping this thread as I have some questions. This month I filled my 100mg prescription at a different pharmacy than usual in hopes of getting a different brand than the ABGs. Well I did and I got these Mylans. I'm confused because some posts say to use heat while others say not to cuz heat destroys the drug, etc. I'm fairly new to experimenting with my pills as I only recently learned of the low BA of taking them orally (even though I've been taking these for 5+ yrs). So, I've experimented with plugging them because I was receiving the ABGs which are useless to try and extract for IV use. Now, with these Mylans I've crushed & mixed with warm water and I've crushed & mixed with cold/room temp water. It seemed to be less gel like with the cold water which makes me think that no heat would be better? Yet there seems to be more of you out there suggesting to cook it. Also, it's been some time since the last posts in this thread and so maybe some of you have some more recent opinions? I know the drug companies are sometimes changing their formulas to make extraction and/or breaking the time release more difficult so....any help, please?

Another question is: How would one go about obtaining a specific manufacturers product or at least a different one? Would one need to specifically ask their pharmacist? Or go to a new pharmacy & hope for the best?

TIA for any help/advice! 😉

Share this on: