Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Opium & Poppy
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 12-08-2012, 11:11
Silver Member

34 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Seditious Sedative is a decent psychonaut.Seditious Sedative is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 123, Level: 1 Points: 123, Level: 1 Points: 123, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
using an e-cigarette for vapourising opium

My best mate's mother's brother has had little sucess so far at extracting a smokable flake opium from pods and water using samuraigecko's CFO tek. He has given me some black treacle like substance that won't smoke using conventional methods (hot knives, foil, glass pipe). I was wondering about disolving this tar opium into a propylene glycol solution for use in an e-cigarette. Have any other swimmer's tried this method? E-cigarettes are a relatively expensive investment so I wanted to sus this idea out before I buy one. I also like the idea that using an e-cigarette offers good social camoflage, many people use all kinds of flavoured and scented mixes in them so the sweet, flowery smell of O vapours would not register as suspicious to anyone. I like the idea of being able to enjoy a little hit of O while out in public places where openly smoking dubious substances on tin foil would not be acceptable.
Old 12-08-2012, 20:25
Titanium Member

62 y/o Male from USA - Alaska
Phaeton must live here.Phaeton must live here.Phaeton must live here.Phaeton must live here.Phaeton must live here.Phaeton must live here.Phaeton must live here.
Points: 1,184, Level: 5 Points: 1,184, Level: 5 Points: 1,184, Level: 5
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%
Re: using an e-cigarette for vapourising opium

The simian has been known to refill e-cig reservoirs out of his bottle of USP glycol and the oil stash. He does not care for cold vapor inhalation but understands.
I signed about the above idea and he shrugged. Signed back homogenous (paraphrased) so I am guessing he is wondering about solubility in glycol and if the opiate is light enough to be carried along in adequate strength.

The simian should be open to giving up some of his crunchies for testing if this looks feasible. Needs more confidence in the idea being viable first though. He is more than happy crunching the pods whole, no imagination.
This thread will be translated for the simian as experiences are posted. His past experience is limited to growing pretty flowers very well, simple pleasures for simple minds.

Last edited by Phaeton; 12-08-2012 at 20:27. Reason: double words
Old 20-08-2012, 23:49
Silver Member

34 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Seditious Sedative is a decent psychonaut.Seditious Sedative is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 123, Level: 1 Points: 123, Level: 1 Points: 123, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

So it works for hash oil then. I believe the boiling point for THC is quite low, much lower than nicotine @ 247 C - which is what the e-cig should in theory be designed for. Nicotine is a confusing substance. In it's freebase form it burns at well below it's boiling point, so when a regular ciggie is smoked, only a very small amount of the total nicotine it contains survives long enough to make it into the smoker's lungs, which is a good thing considering how toxic nicotine is.

Propylene glycol has a boiling point of 188.2 C

The other solvent used in e-cigs is glycerin, which boils @ 290 C

This gives an idea of the sort of temp range an e-cigarette's atomiser works at.

Morphine sublimes @ 190 C, so an e-cigarette should be capable of vapourising it. The question is whether or not morphine and other opium alkaloids are soluble enough in either PG or glycerin so that the e-cigarette can deliver enough of a hit to make it worthwhile.
Old 21-08-2012, 17:59
Titanium Member

Phaeton must live here.Phaeton must live here.Phaeton must live here.Phaeton must live here.Phaeton must live here.Phaeton must live here.Phaeton must live here.

Personal undersatnding of e-cigs, as far as has been observed the e-cigs use a transducer to transform the glycol into a cold fog. Nicotine is effective at 1/10 an MJ dose and gets carried easily.
Burned out 2 e-cigs trying to get enough volume for MJ. An acquaintance brought over an MJ e-cig, four times the battery power but still need 3 hits to get enough. Other methods are still simpler.
The worry is that opiates will not be carried by the fog due to amount of opiate needed, and that the opiate will not be cold foggable with the glycol.
Probably check it out in the future, but not looking overly encouraging at the moment with the limited information available.
Old 21-08-2012, 18:22
Banned

38 y/o Male from Scotland
Aberdonian should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

i cant remember where i read it but it was on this forum someone had mixed up no3 h with a little citric acid and water and pg and had success smoking the h through the e cig, have a search aound im sure youll find it !
Old 10-09-2012, 07:09

Male from United States
PitBullDan should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 54, Level: 1 Points: 54, Level: 1 Points: 54, Level: 1
Activity: 3.2% Activity: 3.2% Activity: 3.2%

There is a new brand of E-Cig out mainly used to vaporize ear wax/honey oil called the G PEN. You can take this unit and pack a nice ball of wax in there... which Im assuming should work well with opi being that theres a spring inside the small reservoir that heats up RED HOT. It gives about 5-6 huge rips per fill. Has anyone used one of these for smoking opi before?
Old 12-09-2012, 01:12
Titanium Member

Sounds like the tamed version of the electric pipe tried a few years back. Actually found the centrifuge tube and a length of unused nichrome.

Control was trying to hold the button down for the .19 seconds needed to reach 950 degrees. The third time of having cheeks puff out when the smoke fired serious thought was put into another method. Teeth and tongue having black residue, too much heat sink for the flame to reach the lungs but unpleasant none the less.

Getting stoned and trying to judge .19 seconds and not .26 seconds when the temps reach 1600 degrees and we have ignition. Quite a few fails. Kind of a rush, pressure and heat with a big whistle. Always a surprise.

The simian and I get along well, no follow through. We do cool things and the fun is in the doing, once we are there we turn to something else shiny pretty much right away.

With a few controls this is ideal for the nonpolar oil extracts that do not harden up.

Mind wander, picture of oil extract under UV with a long exposure and a picture in normal light.

Last edited by Phaeton; 12-09-2012 at 01:14. Reason: clarity
Old 12-09-2012, 01:35

Male from United States
PitBullDan should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 54, Level: 1 Points: 54, Level: 1 Points: 54, Level: 1
Activity: 3.2% Activity: 3.2% Activity: 3.2%

SWIM never had the pleasure to smoke the goodness put off by the natural plant itself..but what I mentioned works hard for honey oil which is very loose and gooey...as well as budder which gets hard. Now if talkin CFO my neighbors friends cat said it should be perfect. It is specially made to not over heat THC as to the E-CIG. Does CFO or just Latex have a lower burning temp? New..lol
Old 26-04-2014, 00:17

Male from United States
LizardKing138 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1
Activity: 2.9% Activity: 2.9% Activity: 2.9%

Im with the OP on this. Any one else have info to contribute on this subject
Old 26-04-2014, 00:37
Silver Member

Male from USA - New York
babalooj is captain of the psychonauts.babalooj is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 226, Level: 2 Points: 226, Level: 2 Points: 226, Level: 2
Activity: 9.1% Activity: 9.1% Activity: 9.1%

Being opium needs large masses to be dosed effectively, i do not see this as being feasible.
It would make more sense to use freebase heroin (though i wouldn't reccomend trying heroin) as the mass used would be far less. There was a thread about this a while ago; i forgot if anyone was successful and i cannot currently seem to locate this thread
Old 30-04-2014, 18:28
Silver Member

Male from USA - New York
polio vaccine is captain of the psychonauts.polio vaccine is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 289, Level: 2 Points: 289, Level: 2 Points: 289, Level: 2
Activity: 10.6% Activity: 10.6% Activity: 10.6%

^ i don't know, i mean, i've seen my drug using friend smoke both commercial grade opium and even just cooked flake opium, and neither took even as much as would go into a typical "bowlpack" of pot... though he says the CFO is difficult to refine down to smoking quality, primarily due to harshness and taste (he keeps adding more filtration steps in attempts to improve this), though effect is certainly there, and if he can muscle down 2-3 bowls of it he will fall asleep with the pipe in his hand. the problem is not the effect, but the taste and hot smoke. he is inclined to try this next time he makes his CFO, and report back.

however, he has no experience with e-cigs. there happens to be one that a guest left in his place months ago. he is inclined to use it. how should he do so, once he has the cooked flake in his hand?

Share this on:

Tags
e-cigarette, opium aroma, smoking opium, vaporising opium