Cocaine & Crack Cocaine & Crack Cocaine

Old 09-08-2012, 18:05
Silver Member

Female from Canada
sunflowerr is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Vaginal spotting after cocaine?

I apologize for the nature of this question but I really didn't know who to ask. Last week I did cocaine (and a small amount of LSD). For almost a week now I've been bleeding a little. It's dark brown and unusual. Does anyone know if this could be related to coke?
Old 09-08-2012, 19:17
Palladium Member

43 y/o Male from England
Space Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 5,934, Level: 11 Points: 5,934, Level: 11 Points: 5,934, Level: 11
Activity: 6.9% Activity: 6.9% Activity: 6.9%
Re: Vaginal spotting after cocaine?

Its possible. Cocaine use can cause vaginal bleeding, especially when the subject is pregnant (eek?!) It can effect the vaginal mucus membrane and have serious repercussions to an unborn baby.

I think that the blood shed would be a brighter red than typical menstrual blood though.

Long story short, get yourself checked out. Only way to be sure is to be sure.
Old 09-08-2012, 20:18
Silver Member

27 y/o Female from United Kingdom
kkslittlekicks is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 50, Level: 1 Points: 50, Level: 1 Points: 50, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

If it's a browny dark colour it means the blood flow is really light, and has traveled relatively far - so it's unlikely to be any kind of vaginal damage.

Often it gets like that at the beginning/end of menstruation. Your regular menstruation can be affected by things like the pill and other forms of female contraception, weight-loss, stress, pregnancy, and other things. Sometimes irregularities occur for no reason, and some women NEVER have regular menstruation. All are considered normal so try not to stress.

I doubt it has anything to do with the coke or LSD you had on the weekend.

If it suddenly gets heavier, or is accompanied by pain go straight to the doc.

If it keeps going for yet another week, maybe just for peace of mind go to the doc.
Old 09-08-2012, 20:37
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

50 y/o Male from Earth
Wanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumWanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumWanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumWanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumWanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumWanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumWanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumWanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumWanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumWanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumWanderer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,721, Level: 12 Points: 6,721, Level: 12 Points: 6,721, Level: 12
Activity: 7.3% Activity: 7.3% Activity: 7.3%

Bleeding and abnormal blood discharge can be a cause for concern. However, you know your body and if this happens on occasion, then it may be something familiar. Not sure if waiting a week is the best thing, but rather after a few days if things haven't cleared up or this isn't the prelude to a normal period, then best go see a physician. Internal bleeding or injury can be quite serious and should be examined by a proper medical professional.

Mr. Hamster isn't familiar with this occurring with cocaine use, though it would be impossible for him to experience it first hand as his anatomy isn't constructed as such. He also doesn't know of any female hamsters or chinchillas this has ever happened to, either that or they just didn't tell him of such.

Please do not wait too long playing the hero, or minimizing the event as "something which will pass." There could be many more things than just the poly drug use which could cause this and some may even be serious and potentially life threatening such as initial stages of cervical cancer.

Don't want to alarm, but best see a medical professional sooner rather than later.

Please update this thread and keep everyone here informed as to the outcome of this situation. We are all concerned and would like to know that everything is alright.

Be well...

Post Quality Evaluations:
Very well handled.
Old 18-08-2012, 17:06

Female from United States
CoconutSky is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

My pet kitty cat got really horny after rails and fingered to the point of causing some abrasions....maybe this is the case with your cat? Maybe she was in heat and went to town on herself?

Useful post. Thanks for sharing
Old 19-08-2012, 05:56
Titanium Member

31 y/o Female from United States
MoonLitCrystal is on the way upMoonLitCrystal is on the way upMoonLitCrystal is on the way upMoonLitCrystal is on the way up
Points: 483, Level: 3 Points: 483, Level: 3 Points: 483, Level: 3

My pet star was quite the opposite...once she started smoking crack, she didn't get her period for 6 months! No spotting, not one drop of blood. She was scared to death that her crackhead BF got her pregnant, but luckily that wasn't the case. It took about 3 months of being clean before her period came back.
Old 19-08-2012, 08:34
Silver Member

36 y/o Male from Thailand
chopmow is a decent psychonaut.chopmow is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 238, Level: 2 Points: 238, Level: 2 Points: 238, Level: 2
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

wow, that shows it's bad stuff.......

however do u think it could be more lifestyle linked,

Not eating, sleeping?

I mean is there any proof that cocaine alone can do this?
Old 19-08-2012, 10:12
Palladium Member

40 y/o Female from England
source must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medline
Points: 5,099, Level: 10 Points: 5,099, Level: 10 Points: 5,099, Level: 10
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

I've always thought that any drug has the potential to cause a hormonal change and certain abnormalities that can effect the menstrual cycle.
I have issues when I am prescribed certain medication causing hormonal imbalances.

I was intriged about the effects cocaine might have after reading your post because I used to be a very heavy cocaine user and have always had problems with my cycle.

As it turns out a lot of research has been done in labs regarding how cocaine seems to effect the female cycle and there is proof that cocaine cause abnormalities.

I have copied the first bit here and have attached below if anyone wants to read more.

I wouldn't worry about minor spotting to be honest, the time you should get it checked out is when you also experience pain, swelling or heavier bleeding. But if you are worried then it won't do any harm to get things looked at

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcohol and Drug Abuse Research Centre
Cocaine stimulates gonadotropin (luteinizing hormone) release
from the anterior pituitary in humans and in rhesus
monkeys, but its acute effects on ovarian steroid hormones
are unknown. The acute effects of cocaine and placebo on
estradiol and progesterone were studied in 13 drug-naive
female rhesus monkeys during the mid-follicular (days 8–10)
and the mid-luteal (days 21–23) phases of the menstrual
cycle. Each monkey was her own control under cocaine and
placebo conditions. Samples for ovarian steroid hormone
analysis were collected before and at 15-min intervals for
300 min after cocaine or placebo administration. In follicular
phase females, estradiol levels increased significantly within
15 min after cocaine (0.8 mg/kg i.v.) administration (P , .008)
but did not change after placebo administration. Estradiol
remained significantly above baseline for 45 min (P , .002–
0.02). In contrast, in mid-luteal phase females, estradiol did
not change after cocaine or placebo administration. Basal
progesterone levels did not change after cocaine or placebo
administration in either mid-follicular or mid-luteal phase
females. After hCG (500 I.U. i.m.) was administered to midluteal
phase females, cocaine (0.4 and 0.8 mg/kg i.v.) and
placebo administration did not increase or decrease estradiol
or progesterone. One implication of these findings is that
cocaine-induced increases in follicular phase estradiol levels
could disrupt folliculogenesis and contribute to the menstrual
cycle abnormalities observed during chronic cocaine
self-administration.

Nice ref, good find
Good post, very informative.
Extremely interesting! Great source, very helpful information!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Cocaine and the female hormones.pdf (582.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 19-08-2012, 12:37
Silver Member

Female from Canada
sunflowerr is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Thank you guys for your input and concerns. It stopped after a couple more days. I think it may have been a mixture of different factors. But if it happens again I will let you know!

Thank you for letting us all know. But be sure to have a checkup just in case.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:34

Female from United States
Chtebazile is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

So very glad to have found this thread...eases my mind that others have had similar experiences and posted such. I can absolutely attest that heavy crack binging alters the female menstrual cycle, at least is does for my ex-best friend. After several days of indulging, my ex-best friend will ALWAYS experience a day or two of vaginal bleeding. We're not talking a day or two on smoke, when the train de-rails it's 4 - 6 days 'til the train finally wrecks. On or about day 3 or 4, there is a insatiable increase in sexual arousal. Nearly immediately after this urge is satisfied, the bleeding begins. The physical act that brings the sexual relief changes...sometimes self administered and sometimes finding some strange. I do not think that my ex's bleeding is caused by the sexual acts, as the nature of the activities are random. The blood is bright red, and kinda thin or watery, if you will. Not anything like her regualr cycles. There is some heightened concerns because several years ago she had undergone treatment for cerival cancer, so as you can imagine, there is some fear about the bleeing being an indicator that the cancer has returned. However, due to the consistency in when the bleeding is experienced, I would have to blame it on the drug use. Lacking any health insurance has prevented a visit to the gyno, but she was recently informed that planned parenthood is a good source for low-cost female check-ups, so I am urging her to go and rule out that the cancer has returned. Rhetorically speaking, which is better? Crack addiction or cervical cancer? Both offer the host a slow, tortured death.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:46
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
notes32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Activity: 2.8% Activity: 2.8% Activity: 2.8%

recurrent vaginal bleeding when you're not on your period could be a sign of chlamydia/gonorrhea. among probably a million other things, but don't be afraid to get tested, it goes away quickly with antibiotics, and prolonging this could cause infertility. you can have chlamydia/gonorrhea without the burning urination you've probably heard associated with an sti. so just because it doesn't burn when you pee doesn't mean you don't have it.

Share this on:

Tags
cocaine, cocaine and health, cocaine side effects, health, lsd