Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Adderall
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 28-05-2006, 18:03
Retired

Male from United States
Sitbcknchill must think in IUPACSitbcknchill must think in IUPACSitbcknchill must think in IUPACSitbcknchill must think in IUPACSitbcknchill must think in IUPACSitbcknchill must think in IUPACSitbcknchill must think in IUPACSitbcknchill must think in IUPACSitbcknchill must think in IUPACSitbcknchill must think in IUPACSitbcknchill must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,573, Level: 8 Points: 3,573, Level: 8 Points: 3,573, Level: 8
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Adderall information

Adderall information will be added shortly when I get some time or feel free to help out and post some....

Keep in mind that this type of stuff gets you a good amount of reputation points.....

Last edited by Sitbcknchill; 29-06-2006 at 15:38.
Old 28-08-2006, 20:36
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

27 y/o Male
Pokey is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 100, Level: 1 Points: 100, Level: 1 Points: 100, Level: 1
Adderall (Amphetamine Mixed Salts)

Adderall (Amphetamine Mixed Salts) is a combination product of four different forms of amphetamines (Dextroamphetamine Saccharate; Amphetamine Aspartate; Dextroamphetamine Sulfate; Amphetamine Sulfate). Central nervous system (CNS) stimulant medications like Adderall and Concerta / Ritalin etc. (Methylphenidate) are believed to work for ADD/ADHD by increasing levels of the neurotransmitters dopamine (DA) and norepinephrine (NE). Higher levels of dopamine are thought to reduce hyperactivity, while an increase in norepinephrine is believed to improve attention.

Adderall is available in standard release (SR) tablets (which are scored to allow for doses as small as 2.5 mg.), and as extended-release (XR) capsules. Both formulations of Adderall have a half life (the time in which it takes half the drug to be absorbed by the body) of approximately of 9-11 hours for children and 10-13 hours for adults. As the Adderall SR formulation releases the medication quickly upon ingestion, it typically needs taken 2-3 times a day. In contrast, Adderall XR uses a delivery system made up of two types of beads containing the same amount of medication. One type of bead dissolves right after the patient takes the capsule and immediately releases medication. The other type of bead, which has an extra layer of coating, releases the medication beginning about 4 hours later. For this reason, a single morning dose of Adderall XR has been found to provide effective control of ADHD symptoms throughout the day.
The most common adverse events in pediatric trials included loss of appetite, insomnia, abdominal pain, and emotional lability. The most common adverse events in the adult trial included dry mouth, loss of appetite, insomnia, headache, and weight loss.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Not bad, though try doing more than copy & paste next time if you would!
Nice add, I wish you would have gotten more information on it though
Old 05-10-2006, 05:30

40 y/o Female
Latexslut_3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
My question would be i am not suppose to have sugar or any type of sweetners at all. I just started taking Adderall which works great for my ADD
in fact i can do more reading writing and in general its helped my life more than anything else i have ever tried. But i wanted to know if a compound tpye of Drug store could put it together less the sugars and sweetners or
if there is any way to remove those and still have a medication which would
be effective for my condistion.

Thanks for whatever any one can tell me.

I am a new member and this site has more information on drugs than
any i have ever found.

This is one great site!!
Old 05-10-2006, 05:46

Male
Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.
Points: 2,192, Level: 7 Points: 2,192, Level: 7 Points: 2,192, Level: 7
Latexslut, please do not cross-post the same question in different threads. Read the rules before you post again.

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/ann...t.php?f=43&a=1

To answer your question, SWIM believes that some adderall does not contain as much sugar. SWIM has seen 20 mg ones that do not, and the Adderall XR are capsules, so they dont contain sugar. There may be a generic version which may not have sugars either. If SWIY cannot find these, then mabye he/she could talk to their doctor about using Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine). It should have about the same efficacy as Adderall, but it comes in capsules. No sugar there. However, if SWIY is just swallowing the pill as directed, the sugar should not even be an issue.

While its okay not to use "SWIM" or equivalent in your post since youre talking about legitimate use of a medication under a doctor's orders, please also review the use of SWIM instead of "I" for future posts if talking about illegal activites.
Old 31-01-2007, 20:20

26 y/o Male
Manix is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1
Re: Adderall information

You may also want to address the issue of Adderall tolerance, which comes up in most people who use Adderall frequently and/or in higher doses. If I may, I'd like to add a bit of information that I've spent the past week researching. If anyone disagrees with what I have to say, feel free to correct me. I have a subscription to Medscape, Medline, and other information archives for physicians that include the latest experiments and findings...Wikipedia, everyones favorite research base for drug information, tends not to be reliable--especially when it comes to Dextroamphetamine--much of the information provided didn't just lack citation, but was proven false.
A quote from Regulation of Dopamine D1 Receptor Function by Physical Interaction with the NMDA Receptors, from the Journal of Neuroscience:
Quote:
In addition, several studies have suggested that NMDA receptors may modulate D1-mediated functions, because blockade of NMDA receptor activity led to attenuation of the ability of D1 in the modulation of neuronal activity...
So far, there's only been one substantial mechanism identified with the tolerance to Adderall and all amphetamine (but not all dopamenergic) drugs in general. Tolerance occurs because of upregulation of the dopamine receptors on the cell. This upregulation can only happen if an activated NMDA receptor on the dopamine neuron has taken in a substantial amount of Ca+2. When you take amphetamines, dopamine levels are elevated, and overexcited dopamine neurons begin to take in a large amount of Ca+2, as this is the bodies natural reaction to the increased neurotransmitter levels. So, how does one go about slowing the tolerance? Take an NMDA antagonist. There's a list a mile long of NMDA antagonists, but Magnesium supplements seem to do just the right job. People on this forum have suggested using Dextromethorphan to slow amphetamine tolerance, however this may work against you. DXM is a dopamine reuptake inhibitor, so it as well helps to increase dopamine levels. This is simply going to keep encouraging excessive Ca2+ influx, so the effects in a way cancel themselves out. Besides, if you're using Adderall on a daily basis, you sure as heck do not want to be using DXM every day to prevent tolerance. Magnesium oxide is the most commonly found supplement, however it does not work as effectively as say Magnesium sulfate.

Quote:
Explorations Fonctionnelles du Systeme Nerveux, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Caremeau, Nimes, France.

Some previous studies have reported the involvement of magnesium (Mg) deficiency in children with ADHD syndrome. In this work, 40 children with clinical symptoms of ADHD were followed clinically and biologically during a magnesium-vitamin B6 (Mg-B6) regimen (6 mg/kg/d Mg, 0.6 mg/kg/d vit-B6) which was set up for at least 8 weeks. Symptoms of ADHD (hyperactivity, hyperemotivity/ aggressiveness, lack of attention at school) were scored (0-4) at different times; in parallel, intraerythrocyte Mg2+ (Erc-Mg) and blood ionized Ca2+ (i-Ca) were measured. Children from the ADHD group showed significantly lower Erc-Mg values than control children (n = 36). In almost all cases of ADHD, Mg-B6 regimen for at least two months significantly modified the clinical symptoms of the disease: namely, hyperactivity and hyperemotivity/aggressiveness were reduced, school attention was improved. In parallel, the Mg-B6 regimen led to a significant increase in Erc-Mg values. When the Mg-B6 treatment was stopped, clinical symptoms of the disease reappeared in few weeks together with a decrease in Erc-Mg values. This study brings additional information about the therapeutic role of a Mg-B6 regimen in children with ADHD symptoms.

PMID: 16846100 [PubMed - in process]
A massive Magnesium deficiency in children with ADHD? It may be that ADD/ADHD's prime cause is from a problem with dopamine concentration. If the only way a dopamine neuron can control how much dopamine is in the synapse is through receptor regulation...and regulation is caused by Ca2+ influx, AND that magnesium has been proven to block Ca2+ from entering the NMDA receptor, wouldn't it make sense to say that the children in this case have excessively regulated dopamine receptors due to there being no counter to the Ca2+? Call me crazy, but I think there may be a connection.
Regardless of who you are or what condition you have, your dopamine levels are going to be higher than before. The level of dopamine in the synapse prior to you taking Adderall for the first time is what is defined as normal by your body, be it accurate or not. An increase in these levels is going to prompt Ca2+ influx. Therefore, I'd say Magnesium supplementation is going to benefit you overall, regardless of whether or not you have a condition.

In my opinion the best way to fight tolerance to Adderall is by taking a substantial amount of a Magnesium supplement, other NMDA antagonists may not be as efficacious in slowing tolerance.

for contributing
Good post, only problem was the use of I, even when discussing legal subjects some mods preffer the use of swim protocal. Also good that you get info from journals rather than wikipedia, it's good for an overview, the finer points are unreliable.
Old 08-12-2007, 12:20

27 y/o Male from United States
Ranke is captain of the psychonauts.Ranke is captain of the psychonauts.Ranke is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 107, Level: 1 Points: 107, Level: 1 Points: 107, Level: 1

As swim cannot devote enough time and effort that should be put into a decent informational thread (which this is shaping up to be), he simply has some comments on the information already present.

In response to swimanix's swim is for the most part over joyed at the quality of information. However there are two things he wishes to address. The first is on the use of magnesium oxide as a supplement, aside from its poorer bioavailability it can cause severe diarrhea, which in turn can cause problems related to poor nutrient absorption. Swim speaks both from research and personal experience, he has not heard of the efficacy of the sulfate, but he has heard people speak well of the citrate.
Almost forgot, swim agrees that magnesium supplementation is probably beneficial even for non amphetamine/s users, however, "taking a substantial amount of magnesium supplement" is a bit vague. There are a number of essential metallic nutrients, however many of them are toxic in large quantities. Swim would suggest that someone interested in magnesium supplementation read up on any potential toxicity then start at a normal dose and move up if they feel they need to.

The second comment swim wishes to make is that (for the most part) acceptance in the medical community of ADD and ADHD as legitimate "disorders" (swim considers abnormalities in the human genome possible evolutionary advantages, depending on the circumstances) is not based purely on behavioral traits, that is how it's diagnosed, sometimes incorrectly (based on family history and swims reading of the DSM IV managed to obtain an Adderall prescription with one visit to the doctor). There is also significant data that supports an abnormality in certain areas of the brain, and to the best of swims knowledge (doesn't want to look it up) it can be passed down genetically. To back this up swim has the following studies.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/en...ubmed_RVDocSum
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/en...RVAbstractPlus
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/en...RVAbstractPlus
Swim just threw in that last one because he is 1/4 dutch, swim has issue but he wouldn't call it ADD or ADHD.

Interestingly other studies are now coming out demonstrating the benefits of some adrenergic agonists in treating the symptoms of ADD and ADHD. The curious thing here is the link between stimulation of certain adregenic receptor types/subtypes and the release of dopamine. Swim cannot find the original study, but to the best of his knowledge (this is of course a very basic explanation) the activation of certain adrenergic receptors has a significant effect on the release of dopamine. He is fairly sure that it did not increase the quantity of dopamine released, rather, it changed the regularity of dopamine release. Swim believes it caused more frequent releases of dopamine but in smaller quantities. Unfortunately swim cannot find the study at the moment, he will come back with it soon though. However he does have two studys that does provide some credence to what swim has said.

P.S. Sorry for any spelling or grammatical errors, swim is tired and has had too much amphetamine for his own good (80-90mg in the last 5-6 hours) if there is anything grossly misleading or an unreadable sentence please point it out. Also, didn't mean to swiManix's balls/ovaries, only to be a good scientist and be as accurate as possible. Swim thought the post was the best written and most succinct post he's seen in awhile.

Good post
Old 23-12-2007, 00:00

34 y/o Male
moon314 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

I've read a lot about Adderall tolerance and the Ca++ machanism. I'm wondeing if this tolerance is permanet or if things would go back to normal after a period of abstinence. I'm talking about normal doses (10-20 mg), not abusing it.
Old 28-12-2007, 10:59

Male
Hypebeast is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon314 View Post
I've read a lot about Adderall tolerance and the Ca++ machanism. I'm wondeing if this tolerance is permanet or if things would go back to normal after a period of abstinence. I'm talking about normal doses (10-20 mg), not abusing it.
as with any substance, not taking it for a while will lower the tolerance. it just varies the amount of time you have to abstain for
Old 05-01-2008, 05:18
Gold Member

GForce really adds to the discussion.GForce really adds to the discussion.GForce really adds to the discussion.GForce really adds to the discussion.GForce really adds to the discussion.GForce really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,159, Level: 5 Points: 1,159, Level: 5 Points: 1,159, Level: 5

SWIM personally finds amphetamine tolerance to decrease very, very slowly when not taking any. He can take 30mg IR as a stable dose good for doing work without being jittery or cracked out, and if he stops taking adderall for a few weeks he can take 30mg and maybe exhibit a few more side effects, like more sweating or being a bit jittery, but his tolerance is almost back to normal after that first rebound. I'm not sure how others take to amphetamine tolerance to I'm kind of curious how fast others see their tolerance decreasing/increasing.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:28

Ranke is captain of the psychonauts.Ranke is captain of the psychonauts.Ranke is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 107, Level: 1 Points: 107, Level: 1 Points: 107, Level: 1

Swims amphetamine tolerance varies depending on how he was taking the amphetamine during the initial build up.
When taking amphetamine at doses intended to improve his concentration and energy, swims experience has been similar to that of swiforce. Other the first day or two of taking between 10-20mg IR 2-3 times a day, he doesn't notice any significant decrease in the beneficial effects for 10-14 days. If he continues to take amphetamine and raises his dose the tolerance will build rapidly at each increase, then level off for some time. In order to use less amphetamine during this time he will often switch from oral use to a combination of oral and sublingual use. A typical increase from his original dose would be from 10-20mg 2-3 times a day (increasing in both size and frequency nearing the end of the 10-14 days) to 20-30mg 2-3 times a day orally and 10-15mg sublingually roughly an hour after the previous oral dose.

If however swim is taking amphetamine recreationally he will usually increase in dose size and frequency very quickly. He usually begins with 30mg doses every 4-5 hours for the first 2-3 days. On the third or second day he begins adding additional 10-20mg sublingaully to his oral dose, rather than waiting for an hour or so as he does for work related doses of amphetamine, this additional sublingual dose usually follows the oral dose immediately. If swim really wishes to follow the recreational effects further he may increase his oral dose to 40 or 50mg, or he may switch to a combination of oral and subcutaneous use, usually combining the oral dose with tums as he cannot stomach baking soda. The time line would look roughly like this:

Days 1-3: 30mg oral every 4-5 hours
Days 2-3: Oral doses continued at same strength with the addition of 10-20mg sublingually immediately following the oral dose.
Days 3-6: Oral doses increase to 40-50mg frequency of dosing maintained.
Days 5-6: Depending on work and school, swim may continue with slightly lower oral doses of roughly 30mg, combined with subcutaneous injections of 10-20mg. If swim must return to a normal schedule of work and school he will usually level off at 40-50mg orally and then gradually taper down.
6+ days: swim is usually tapering by 7th day, if not swim notices a rapid decrease in mental acuity and increase in unpleasant psychological effects such as depression, craving, neurosis, and general moodiness.

In both cases swim experiences a rapid increase in tolerance, however when tapering down and allowing tolerance to drop he does not notice any significant increase in time required to reach baseline with recreational use. With the exception of the additional few days that he may allow for a more pleasant taper down from the higher recreational doses.

Hopefully this was of some use. Swim would like to note that although he does increase his dose rapidly when uses amphetamine for recreational purposes, he does not deprive him self of sleep or nutrition to any significant degree. He takes a daily multivitamin and gets at least 6 hours of sleep a night. In the morning prior to taking any amphetamine he eats a large breakfast and throughout the day keeps hydrated and picks at a bowl of nuts or other finger food.

NOTE: This post was not thoroughly proof read and may have spelling or grammatical errors, feel free to critique my transcription of swims thoughts, however constructive criticism would be preferred over simple jabs (unless they are humorous and make swim or I crack a smile).
Old 18-02-2009, 11:33

32 y/o Male
Nibs is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

Hello, I am not sure if this is legal or not but I am going to risk it.

I often to the all nighter thing and I hear Adderal and Desoxyn really can help with that. What I wondering is if there is any way to LEGALLY get these drugs from a doc, even though I dont tihnk I have ADHD or ADD?

I dont plan to use it too often! I used to use meth years ago and it got bad real fast!

They would be a big help and much safer than the speed you get on the streets...

Thanks
nibs
Old 23-02-2009, 09:11
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from United States
TestPattern is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 106, Level: 1 Points: 106, Level: 1 Points: 106, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibs View Post
Hello, I am not sure if this is legal or not but I am going to risk it.

I often to the all nighter thing and I hear Adderal and Desoxyn really can help with that. What I wondering is if there is any way to LEGALLY get these drugs from a doc, even though I dont tihnk I have ADHD or ADD?

I dont plan to use it too often! I used to use meth years ago and it got bad real fast!

They would be a big help and much safer than the speed you get on the streets...

Thanks
nibs
Welcome to the forums ) Be careful not to make statements that could incriminate yourself; instead of "I" use "SWIM" (Someone Who Isn't Me), and for "you," "SWIY" (Someone Who Isn't You).

To answer SWIY's question, there's a long road ahead of you if you want some Desoxyn, and if there is a history of drug use or pill-seeking on SWIY's record, no doctor is going to write SWIY a script.

The good news though? For people who don't have those official histories, doctors/psychiatrists are usually very willing to write an adderall script! When SWIM got his, he just went to his Primary Care Physician explaining how since getting to college his lifelong inability to concentrate on classwork has begun to severely impact his grades/life. They asked SWIM to complete an incredibly transparent paper "psychological analysis" and did some basic blood/urine screening to make sure it wasn't a "thyroid condition" (though in hindsight, this was likely a toxicology screen to see if he had any drugs in his system). A week later he had a script for 60 20mg generic adderall IR tabs! Of course, if SWIY is a larger person, has an overly acidic GI tract, or just happens to metabolize amphetamine quickly, SWIY is going to want to mention this to his doctor, so that he can be put on a higher doseage.

Don't go in asking for adderall, and DEFINITELY don't even think the word Desoxyn. When asked what SWIY wants to do about treatment options, tell SWIY's doctor from the research SWIY has done, Adderall seems like the best option. Don't suggest a dosing though...again, very obviously pil-seeking behaviour.
Old 22-06-2009, 17:15

30 y/o Male from United States
hurriedsurgeon is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1

yeah definitely do not ask for desoxyn. that is methamphetamine and im sure any psychiatrist would ask you to leave on the spot.
Old 06-10-2009, 14:15

21 y/o Male from United States
bbfanof1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1

Hi. SWIM has a question. If SWIM took 60 mg of Adderall, and never before took it or any other stimulants, and after 2 hours and 45 minutes, SWIM feels a little focused but not any euphoric whatsoever, not speedy, does this mean that SWIM has A.D.D. and it will not for for SWIM?

SWIM consumed Amphet. Salts. (Amphetamine, Dextroamphetamine)

SWIM thanks you.
Old 01-07-2010, 16:23

58 y/o Male
Ev419 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurriedsurgeon View Post
yeah definitely do not ask for desoxyn. that is methamphetamine and im sure any psychiatrist would ask you to leave on the spot.
Hi Im new here. I have been legally treated with various amphetamines for the
last 20 yrs (at least). I have in the pas obtained a prescription from my (Psych)
MD for desoxyn. It took aprox 2 weeks to order AND cost over $700.00. Sheesh
Anyway no big shakes over the other amphetamines I've used over the years.
Needless to say I only requested 1 prescription a that price. It's been on the market for at least a century, yet somehow it costs $700.00. I wonder if the
government has something to do with that, hmmmmmmm?

Share this on: