Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Downers and sleeping pills Anxiety Meds, Sleeping Pills and Skeletal Muscle Relaxants

Old 31-07-2012, 06:58

Male from United States
location is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 106, Level: 1 Points: 106, Level: 1 Points: 106, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
Is there anything similar to Ambien, or something that can potentiate it?

Ambien (zolpidem) is becoming my favorite drug. I think the pregabalin I take potentiates it.

If I take 5mg, I can go out to a bar and interact with people and have less anxiety in approaching women.
If I take 10mg, it's the full hypnotic effect, I go out and interact with women with no fear and women respond much more positively to me. I am funnier, cooler, more alpha.

In both cases, I remember very little the next day. I can't remember the faces of the people I was talking to. I'd have numbers in my phone with names etc and I would have no idea who they are. Ambien makes you forget. The amnesia is stronger with the 10mg dose.

My question: Is there anything like it, or that can potentiate it? Does it mix nicely with anything else?

Thanks!
Old 31-07-2012, 07:08
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
Aminatrix is on the way upAminatrix is on the way upAminatrix is on the way upAminatrix is on the way up
Points: 559, Level: 3 Points: 559, Level: 3 Points: 559, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Is there anything similar to Ambien, or something that can potentiate it?

Alprazolam is very much like that. It also has slight amnesia, but from my experience not as much as what you describe with zolpidem. Be very careful, with Xanax, more == less. If you take too much, you will probably ruin your life. (I imagine same would be true of zolpidem, but with Xanax/Alprazolam, you feel better as you take more so you don't realize you're about to black out.
Old 31-07-2012, 10:10

Male from United States

Thank you for your response. You'll be suprised to hear that xanax does nothing to me at any dose. No effect. 0.25mg 1mg 2mg nothing.

Diazepam I feel the effect even at 0.25mg. But it's not enjoyable. It just makes me feel relaxed and tired.

Zolpidem on the other hand has this sweet hypnotic effect where I go out and interact with people with confidence. I approach women and am funny and everything and get numbers and makeouts and I'm pretty sure I can take them back to my place but haven't done that on zolpidem. The thing is, the next day I almost don't remember anything. I don't remember the faces of the people I met, the people I made out with, the phone numbers in my phone, nothing.

I am liking it more and more because I love the feeling. I'll have to take some percocet and compare the two. I do well on 5mg percocet also.
Old 31-07-2012, 10:20
Silver Member

Male from USA - Washington
stasik is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 309, Level: 2 Points: 309, Level: 2 Points: 309, Level: 2

I've also found that for me, Temazepam, which is a benzo hypnotic, is veery similar to Ambian. They both share that feeling of being lost in a mystical care-free land. Super hard to remember periods of time, gotta work a bit with dosag, the blackout dosages are really easy to pass. Its basically like Ambian with a flavoring of Benzos in the background.

I'm lost in one of those worlds right now, and am really hoping I made my thoughts clear. You know...the mind to paper translation, sometimes get hard, lol.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:11

Male from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by stasik View Post
I've also found that for me, Temazepam, which is a benzo hypnotic, is veery similar to Ambian. They both share that feeling of being lost in a mystical care-free land. Super hard to remember periods of time, gotta work a bit with dosag, the blackout dosages are really easy to pass. Its basically like Ambian with a flavoring of Benzos in the background.

I'm lost in one of those worlds right now, and am really hoping I made my thoughts clear. You know...the mind to paper translation, sometimes get hard, lol.
Strange that you get that effect from Temazepam. Temazepam only makes me feel very tired and sleepy. I actually avoid it because it makes me sleepy for days and hung over.

Ambien remains unique in its ability to have a hypnotic effect that can be used recreationally. I'd love to find something else like it, or find a way to potentiate it.
Old 04-08-2012, 23:33
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from Ireland
tdv123 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 212, Level: 2 Points: 212, Level: 2 Points: 212, Level: 2
Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9%

From my own experience I'd say Zopiclone is the most like it. Fast onset, short half-life, slightly euphoric & has some of the trippy hypnotic side effects that Zolpidem (Ambien) has. It probably doesn't cause as much amnesia as the Ambien does either. For me it's like a weaker version of Zolpidem.
Old 06-08-2012, 07:44
Silver Member

34 y/o Male from United States
DextromethorFan is a decent psychonaut.DextromethorFan is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 226, Level: 2 Points: 226, Level: 2 Points: 226, Level: 2

Quote:
You'll be suprised to hear that xanax does nothing to me at any dose. No effect. 0.25mg 1mg 2mg nothing.
This likely depends on weight among other factors. And 2mg is good enough for some, not for others.

I searched for zolpidem, found its wiki, saw what enzyme it was metabolized, and then searched hepatic CYP3A4 and found this quote from a British medicine site:

Quote:
Compounds which inhibit certain hepatic enzymes (particularly cytochrome P450) may enhance the activity of benzodiazepines and benzodiazepine-like agents.

Zolpidem is metabolised via several hepatic cytochrome P450 enzymes, the main enzyme being CYP3A4 with the contribution of CYP1A2. The pharmacodynamic effect of zolpidem is decreased when it is administered with rifampicin (a CYP3A4 inducer). However when zolpidem was administered with itraconazole (a CYP3A4 inhibitor) its pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics were not significantly modified. The clinical relevance of these results is unknown.

Co-administration of zolpidem with ketoconazole (200mg twice daily), a potent CYP3A4 inhibitor, prolonged zolpidem elimination half-life, increased total AUC, and decreased apparent oral clearance when compared to zolpidem plus placebo). The total AUC for zolpidem, when co-administered with ketoconazole, increased by a factor of 1.83 when compared to zolpidem alone. A routine dosage adjustment of zolpidem is not considered necessary, but patients, should be advised that use of zolpidem with ketoconazole may enhance the sedative effects.
Since CYP3A4 plays an important role in zolpidem metabolism, possible interactions with drugs that are substrates or inducers of CYP3A4 should be considered.
Basically says that taking certain drugs before taking zolpidem could cause the enzyme that metabolizes it to be inhibited. Itraconazole seems to be too weak, but ketoconazole is a strong enough inhibitor to ultimately nearly double the effects of zolpidem.
I also found this:

"Earl Gray Tea contains oil of bergamot, which I think contains something called Bergamottin which I think is considered to be a Furanocoumarin and is often found in grapefruit juice, or something like that. Bergamottin seems to have something to do with or be a 6’,7’-dihydroxybergamottin. This seems to have something to do with something called the “grapefruit juice effect” that speeds up the metabolism of a variety of pharmaceutical drugs."

I checked this out on wiki, whom had a reference to an abstract that proved grapefruit juice, containing Bergamottin, does indeed inhibit P450 enzymes. Also, oil of bergamot also contains said substance (its named after it).

One could use either ketoconazole (pharmaceutical fungal treatment) or some grapefruit juice / oil of Bergemot (which is claimed to be in Early Gray tea). But note: potentiation of the good effects likely also potentiates the bad.

My question is, how do you get the ladies if you're nodding off? Or maybe they're just hallucinations

Post Quality Evaluations:
great info
Old 13-08-2012, 17:43

Male from United States

Dextro, thanks, great info. It seems I should try to take an ambien with a tall glass of grapefruit juice and see.

I am not sleepy while on it. If you fight the initial sleepiness, which isn't very hard, you find yourself in a sort of strange hypnotic state. You can still operate as normal it just reduces inhibitions.

Does the grapefruit juice trick worth with all other drugs, opiates, etc?
Old 14-08-2012, 03:04
Silver Member

34 y/o Male from United States
DextromethorFan is a decent psychonaut.DextromethorFan is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 226, Level: 2 Points: 226, Level: 2 Points: 226, Level: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by location View Post
Does the grapefruit juice trick worth with all other drugs, opiates, etc?
Not ALL other drugs, but SWIM believes MOST opiates are metabolized by the same enzyme that the juice affects. Though, some say it is not very effective and others say the opposite. SWIM suggests that one drinks the juice 30-45 mins before, then drinks another cup while taking the substance(s). Be careful as the substances may be extremely potentiated and also many other drugs are metabolized by the same enzyme.
Old 14-08-2012, 07:04
Titanium Member

20 y/o Male from United States
nigh really adds to the discussion.nigh really adds to the discussion.nigh really adds to the discussion.nigh really adds to the discussion.nigh really adds to the discussion.nigh really adds to the discussion.
Points: 750, Level: 4 Points: 750, Level: 4 Points: 750, Level: 4
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DextromethorFan View Post
Not ALL other drugs, but SWIM believes MOST opiates are metabolized by the same enzyme that the juice affects. Though, some say it is not very effective and others say the opposite. SWIM suggests that one drinks the juice 30-45 mins before, then drinks another cup while taking the substance(s). Be careful as the substances may be extremely potentiated and also many other drugs are metabolized by the same enzyme.
Are you referring to CYP3A4 (which grapefruit juice DOES inhibit) or CYP2D6 which GFJ is constantly said to inhibit but actually doesn't? CYP2D6 and CYP3A4 both play extensively in the metabolism of opioids. For example, codeine is simultaneously metabolized by CYP2D6 (into morphine), CYP3A4 (into norcodeine), and UGTB27 (conjugates codeine and its metabolites) upon ingestion.
Old 14-08-2012, 17:17
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from Brazil
downers89 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 101, Level: 1 Points: 101, Level: 1 Points: 101, Level: 1

location, if Zolpidem were working properly you should be sleeping. Hypnotic is "an agent that causes sleep; a soporific".

You might be tolerant from its effects if you've been taking it for too long or it doesn't work for your insomnia, but works as an anti anxiety like a benzo or something. So in your case it doesn't have the "full hypnotic effect", it has an anxiolytic effect and anterograde amnesia. Sure you want to potetiante it? =/

downers89 added 8 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

Oh, now I see you were not talking about the therapeutical Hypnotic effect, but some kind of recreational hypnotic effect... I don't know anything about it. But having amnesia is so fucking dangerous, I'm not giving you a lecture, it's more to myself, I just stopped drinking while on several psych meds, and amnesia and being shitfaced 'caused me lots of trouble.

Take care. =)

Last edited by downers89; 14-08-2012 at 17:17. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 16-08-2012, 03:36

Male from United States

The way you put it is very accurate. 5mg relaxes me and makes me a little bit "happy" and a little uninhibited. 10mg the effect is greatly enhanced, I don't remember everything the next day, however, while on it, I am fully 100% aware of myself and my surroundings and what I do. In other words you're not "drunker" in the sense that you're tripping over yourself. You're just higher.

For example I'd find a girl's phone number in my phone and remember having a conversation with her, etc, but be unable to picture her face. I'd also not remember unmemorable events, like walking from place to place etc.

Can anyone compare Ambien and alcohol?
Old 16-08-2012, 20:18
hookedonhelping hookedonhelping is nu online
Reactive Member

Male from Earth
hookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,369, Level: 8 Points: 3,369, Level: 8 Points: 3,369, Level: 8
Activity: 14.4% Activity: 14.4% Activity: 14.4%

Quote:
Can anyone compare Ambien and alcohol?
Increased effects, and left me in a stupor. I would say roughly 4-5 shots of vodka was in my system before I tried this years ago. 10mg of IR Ambien was used. Nothing to write home about, I was just curious as to effects the two would have with one another.

Lunesta is a nice sleep aid if you don't mind the metallic taste in your mouth that comes with taking it.

Seroquel is another really good sleep aid, if you don't mind raiding your fridge and eating weird things half asleep.

Trazadone (200mg) is also a good way to get to sleep, if you don't mind feeling drunk and feeling your heart beat reverberate through your chest.

With Ambien I noticed a very small window that would allow one to fall asleep.. if you fight it, then you miss the bus to dreamland. Just my personal experience to it's effectiveness.

Share this on:

Tags
zolpidem