Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Methadone
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 27-07-2012, 01:29
Silver Member

20 y/o Male from USA - Maryland
Dankitydankness is a decent psychonaut.Dankitydankness is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 597, Level: 3 Points: 597, Level: 3 Points: 597, Level: 3
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%
First time doing methadone. Few questions.

Ok swim I just got of ahold of 2 10mg methadone pills. He plans on doing them with a friend. He is thinking they should each just take one pill but have heard that even 10 mg is alot. Is it too much for someone like swim who has no opiate tolerance. Swim has only done oxycodone once for wisdom teeth and that was way back. His friend has never done any opiates.

So should they cut the pills up and maybe take half or 3/4 so like 5 or 7.5 mg. They don't want to be in any danger of ODing, and would like it to be a pleasurable euphoric experience. Don't wanna just fall asleep. So what do you guys recommend?

And also I hear it lasts 12-24 hours. So will Swim still be fucked up 24 hours later or will he be good to go? He has work the next day. Also is it good to smoke weed with? And like I said, swim doesn't want to just fall asleep. He wants to enjoy his experience. But will he be able to get sleep if I need to, or will it be hard to fall asleep?

And one last thing. Swim took 40 mg of dextroamphetamine at 12:00 pm by snorting. Should he wait a different day to do he methadone? Would it possibly be dangerous I the 2 drugs mixed? Swim plans on taking the methadone at 10 pm. So it would be 10 hours later? Is that ok?

And any advice, tips, or experiences or w/e would be appreciated. Swim wants to know what he's in for.
Old 27-07-2012, 08:09
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from United Kingdom
blink1989 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 449, Level: 3 Points: 449, Level: 3 Points: 449, Level: 3
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
Re: First time doing methadone. Few questions.

personally, I would recommend you each take half a pill, 5mg will be more than enough and will be very euphoric and long lasting and you can save the other pill for another time.

just a quick head up, methadone can take a long time to kick in, even on an empty stomach so in any case don't redose for at least three hours,.although more than likely you won't need too.

take care and have fun mate

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good safety advice.
Old 27-07-2012, 13:38
Silver Member

Thanks for the reply. It was me and 2 friends. We each started with 5 mg. But that didn't do anything. Of the 3 of us, only 1 person felt anything off of 5 mg. So I waited 2 hours and decided to do another 5 mg. Still didn't feel shit.

So swim took 10 mg and felt NOTHING! Like WTF?

Why would I not feel anything off of 10? I have no tolerance. And one of my friends felt it after just 5. Yet he decided to pop another 10 for the hell of it and almost threw up later.
Old 28-07-2012, 04:40
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from Australia
mikezombie777 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 373, Level: 3 Points: 373, Level: 3 Points: 373, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

The thing is man, Methadone isn't really a recreational drug. Some people get a slight buzz for a few hours on a small dose, others get full blown euphoria and some feel nothing. But PLEASE be careful. If you have NO opiate tolerance you run the risk of OD'ing on just 20mg. The fact that it's slow to kick in, has a long half life and doesn't provide much euphoria to most people, is also what makes it so potentially deadly.

I would stick to other opiates. Methadone isn't something to mess with, even for people who have a tolerance. I'm on 45mg daily for maintenance after having done almost every opiate under the sun except H. So if you're gonna do opiates, go for a very small dose of Oxy, like 10 - 15mg. Before I had a tolerance 10mg would get me absolutely off my face. But again, please be extremely careful since you have no tolerance. Methadone is not something the naive should mess with. It's just too dangerous.

Good advice for OP on dangers of methadone
Old 31-07-2012, 16:54
Silver Member

Anybody know why I didn't feel shit off 10 mg?

I have one more 10 mg pill. If I take it I'm gonna do the whole thing at once. Not 5 and 5. Do you think I should try snorting it?
Old 31-07-2012, 17:14
Palladium Member

24 y/o Female from United States
runnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medline
Points: 3,247, Level: 8 Points: 3,247, Level: 8 Points: 3,247, Level: 8
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%

I agree that methadone isn't really a recreational drug. But f you're going to take it just take it orally don't snort it. It was made to be taken orally because that is how it will work the best.

But for future reference pretty much any opiate is a better high than methadone. Not to mention the fact that people react really differently and strangely to it and it was the drug most likely to be cited in overdose deaths although usually in combination with other drugs.

Be careful and after taking it (if you must) I would highly suggest not getting anymore.
Old 31-07-2012, 17:23
R.I.P.

Male from USA - Ohio
mr sic is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 125, Level: 1 Points: 125, Level: 1 Points: 125, Level: 1
Activity: 24.8% Activity: 24.8% Activity: 24.8%

I don't KNOW the reason why you didnt feel anything, but most everyone I know who has tried to get high on methadone with or without a tolorence has never had a good or euphoric high, even with really high doses like 85- 125 mg.'s, (of course this person had a tolerence,) she did nod but it was more like just being really really tired instead of it being fun.
Anyway as far as snorting it is pointless, the bioavailibility is the same if taken orally, and it burns like shit and the drip is awful.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:16
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from Australia
mikezombie777 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 373, Level: 3 Points: 373, Level: 3 Points: 373, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dankitydankness View Post
Anybody know why I didn't feel shit off 10 mg?

I have one more 10 mg pill. If I take it I'm gonna do the whole thing at once. Not 5 and 5. Do you think I should try snorting it?
No one knows why exactly, but I do have a pretty good idea as to why - as mentioned a few times, Methadone is NOT a recreational drug. Even in high doses most people don't feel anything more than a slight buzz for a few hours. I'm on Methadone Maintenance, I take 50mg daily and all it has ever done is make me feel "good and normal" which is what it's meant to do, in conjunction with being a painkiller for severe chronic pain and cancer pain. Yes the first few times a person doses they *may* get a slight buzz, but nothing more. It's not a drug you should take if you want to get high. It's a very potent, dangerous narcotic that should not be used recreationally. Even highly experienced opiate users will tell you this.

Milligram for milligram it's more potent than Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Morphine etc but that's only in terms of being an analgesic. It's also very dangerous for the opiate naive due to potency and half life. Stay away from it, it's not a drug to be messed with.

Please heed these warnings and don't go taking higher doses in hopes of a big euphoric high, because you simply won't achieve the high you're looking for and chances are you'll end up dead.
Old 04-08-2012, 23:54
Silver Member

yea thanks for the replies. still have the 10 mg pill. not sure if im gonna take it or not. might just pop it tomorrow and if it does something then cool. im not going to get it again.

the only reason i got it in the first place was cuz ive been looking to get ahold of either codeine hydrocodone or oxy for awhile. i just want to experience an opiate high. but they are nowhere to be found. and one day my friend came to me saying he knows someone with methadone and i was like w/e ill buy a couple cuz they were cheap and i know its some type of opiate/opioid.

waste of money. but w/e. Now i know
Old 08-08-2012, 07:32
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Shigeru is captain of the psychonauts.Shigeru is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 234, Level: 2 Points: 234, Level: 2 Points: 234, Level: 2
Activity: 6.5% Activity: 6.5% Activity: 6.5%

When I first started taking Methadone as recreational drug I started out at 20mg. If I wasn't careful with what I drank or didn't eat right I'd end up puking every time. It seemed like soda would make me sick but if I just drank water and ate a little something it would keep my stomach settled. I developed a tolerance to it after a while and it became my DOC.

There isn't the euphoric high associated with it you get out of Oxycontin or other opiates and a lot of people take benzos to bump it up. When I combined them at times it was like somebody else said the words that came out of my mouth and would say the funniest things. Bellybutton warmer, anyone? It killed my best friend so I can't recommend doing it. He had used Methadone for years and it suppressed his breathing reflex and he just stopped breathing.

I had another friend who had just started doing Methadone and laid back on his bed, passed out, and choked to death on his vomit. He called me the night before to talk, his mom called me the next morning to tell me he was dead.

Be careful with it, it's a long way from Hydrocodone.

Safety consciousness regarding methadone really needs to be emphasised.

Last edited by Shigeru; 08-08-2012 at 07:38.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:11
Palladium Member

40 y/o Female from England
source must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medlinesource must mainline Medline
Points: 5,099, Level: 10 Points: 5,099, Level: 10 Points: 5,099, Level: 10
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

I agree with most posts in reply to this thread, methadone isn't really a recreational drug on its own and if you have little experience or knowledge it can be very dangerous mixing it with other drugs.
I was on methadone for over a year due to having a problem with heroin, and this is the only way that methadone should be used, to keep withdrawals at bay and help people become clean.

Please take the advise above seriously and try and use another drug other than methadone to use recreationally.
Old 01-10-2013, 23:10

25 y/o Male from United States
righteousjack is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

I know this is an old thread but i found it thru google so just wanted to say.
Methadone was one of the first opis I took. I loooooved it. All my friends did.
I loved being very euphorically high(it seemed to come in waves) and I loved it lasting all day. Only thing I like more was pods.
I miss methadone. and am now trying to quit. soooo oh well.
Just saying. I thought it had great recreation potential. Aswell as my 4 other friends using it.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:00
Petri6 Petri6 is nu online
Titanium Member

Male from Finland
Petri6 probably knows what they are talking about.Petri6 probably knows what they are talking about.Petri6 probably knows what they are talking about.Petri6 probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 460, Level: 3 Points: 460, Level: 3 Points: 460, Level: 3
Activity: 3.2% Activity: 3.2% Activity: 3.2%

I also find methadone to be a recreational drug. It does not produce the same level of euphoria as other (strong) opioids but it is in contrast a more noddy high. I actually find the combination of oxycodone (for euphoria) and methadone (for sedativeness/noddyness) to be one of the most enjoyable opioid experiences as I find oxycodone in it self and by itself to be too perky of an opioid. However, I would strongly advice against using methadone as a recreational drug if one has a low opioid tolerance and/or doesn't know exactly what one is doing.

Last edited by Petri6; 03-10-2013 at 04:32.

Share this on: