Silver Member

Female from United States
four20honey is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 101, Level: 1 Points: 101, Level: 1 Points: 101, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Guide to making crystal black tar opium

Some guy was telling me,

Quote:
These are step by step instructions on how to make crystal black tar opium. Seeds are not recommended for this method. If you only have seeds I recommend making tea or planting them! I am setting the instructions up much like a recipe so it will be easy to read & follow.

Note on morphine & codeine: Codeine activates at 155°F & morphine at 180°F so it is absolutely essential to keep temps between 140°F-145°F

Note on cooking: It is recommended that you use an electric oven for this perpetration method.

Materials:
20 grams of fine ground pods, stems, &/or leaves fresh or dry
36 ounces of water*
2 shots of lemon juice
Fine metal strainer
Meat thermometer
Sauce pan
Flat bottom glass baking dish

Directions:
1. Bring water & lemon juice to a simmer 145° is ideal
2. Add ground up plant material to the water
3. Let simmer for 1 hour stirring & checking the temp occasionally
4. At the end of one hour strain out all plant material
5. Run the plant material through the.strainer an additional 3 times then return the liquid to the sauce pan
6. Let simmer for an additional hour
6.5 preheat oven to 145°
7. Strain liquid into the glass baking dish
8. Place in the middle rack of the oven for 8 hours
9. At the end of 8 hours you should have a layer of sticky opium on the bottom of the baking dish. Place the dish back in the oven
10. Turn the oven off while leaving the dish in the oven & let it completely cool...about 2 hours
11. After 2 hours turn the oven back on 145° and let the opium warm back up...this is the step that makes it crystal
12. Watch the opium closely as *the layer starts to get air spots & doesn't stick to your finger when touched then that means its done
13. Remove the dish from the oven & while it is hot scrape the opium up with a metal spoon
14. Quickly form into ball or square because as it cools it will form into crystals
15. Smoke it! mix with a joint, smoke on top of some marijuana in a bowl, or smoke by itself in a bowl. However don't touch the flame directly to the opium hover it slightly above for best results. If you have to use a bong make sure there us no water inside & it is completely dry.

Good luck & happy toking!*Let me know how it works for you and any tips, tricks, or suggestions you may have.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Interesting TEK complete with pics, thanx.
thanks for taking the time to post what could be a useful tex for many
Excellent tek- very clear instructions and great pictures.
great tutorial
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20120715_183922-1.jpg (29.6 KB, 251 views)
File Type: jpg 20120724_134911-1.jpg (17.8 KB, 315 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-08-21 20.11.54-1.jpg (17.7 KB, 262 views)

Last edited by four20honey; 15-10-2012 at 17:30. Reason: did more research on codeine break down temperatures
Old 25-07-2012, 05:05
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
Aminatrix is on the way upAminatrix is on the way upAminatrix is on the way upAminatrix is on the way up
Points: 559, Level: 3 Points: 559, Level: 3 Points: 559, Level: 3
Re: Guide to making crystal black tar opium

nice, thanks for the tek.

Did you get that ball from 20g of dried plant?

AFOAF is Interested in the yield, was actually just describing this process to my GF except with a few more steps added

She almost exploded when she told me LOL

a little small of a post but a valid question.

Last edited by Aminatrix; 25-07-2012 at 06:33.
Old 25-07-2012, 06:19
Silver Member

four20honey added 13 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminatrix View Post
nice, thanks for the tek.

Did you get that ball from 20g of dried plant?

Interested in the yield, was actually just describing this process to my GF except with a few more steps added

20 grams of wet/frozen product ground up goes in 36 ounces of water...end product 4-5 grams very smokable crystal black tar.

Do your extra steps include ice-o-lation or paraffin wax? If so you don't need them if you use this exact methods. By filtering the liquid through a fine metal strainer a total of 5 times before it goes in the oven for its first cook down you eliminate the need for the other steps which are much more time consuming. Honest truth!

please remeber your promised edit. thanks.

Last edited by four20honey; 03-10-2012 at 21:21. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 25-07-2012, 06:28
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
Aminatrix is on the way upAminatrix is on the way upAminatrix is on the way upAminatrix is on the way up
Points: 559, Level: 3 Points: 559, Level: 3 Points: 559, Level: 3

My cat was theorizing to me an extra step involving acetylation. Whatever that is ;P

Would this work with dried plant material? Obviously it would require more without the latex, but would it be worth doing? I would roughly estimate that my cat is hoarding plant material containing approx 5g - 7g of alkaloids. (much more than 20g of starting material... try 400g? ) She could tell you but I'm having enough trouble understanding her and she's my kitty.
Old 25-07-2012, 06:37
Silver Member

Quote:
My cat was theorizing to me an extra step involving acetylation. Whatever that is ;P

Would this work with dried plant material? Obviously it would require more without the latex, but would it be worth doing? I would roughly estimate that my cat is hoarding plant material containing approx 5g - 7g of alkaloids. (much more than 20g of starting material... try 400g? ) She could tell you but I'm having enough trouble understanding her and she's my kitty.
Its easy to do 20g batches but I'm sure your kitty could try a bigger one. My electric eel opted to freeze the fresh material instead of dry it. however fresh, frozen, or dried material would work.
Old 25-07-2012, 21:05
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Routemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,361, Level: 7 Points: 2,361, Level: 7 Points: 2,361, Level: 7
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

36 ounces...that's nearly two pints...OK, a litre of water. For 20g dried pod material? Well I guess it's good to be thorough but that's waaaay more water than you need. It takes a living age to evaporate a litre of water without heating it above a temperature that will destroy the morphine.

Also, I'm extremely skeptical about getting "4-5g" of smokeable product from 20g dried pods. Are you using pharma grade P. somniferum, or something? It seems hard to believe that a product strong enough to be worth smoking can be made with an alkaloid concentration only 4-5 times as high as that found in the dried pods.

good questions and obervation on the quantity of H20 being used
excellent questions about pods variety/morphine concentration!
Old 25-07-2012, 21:42
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Routemaster Flash View Post
36 ounces...that's nearly two pints...OK, a litre of water. For 20g dried pod material? Well I guess it's good to be thorough but that's waaaay more water than you need. It takes a living age to evaporate a litre of water without heating it above a temperature that will destroy the morphine.

Also, I'm extremely skeptical about getting "4-5g" of smokeable product from 20g dried pods. Are you using pharma grade P. somniferum, or something? It seems hard to believe that a product strong enough to be worth smoking can be made with an alkaloid concentration only 4-5 times as high as that found in the dried pods.
Its a guess on 20g dry but 20g wet or frozen wet yes 36 ounces of water with 20...takes 12 hours start to finish never going above 165°F

The poppies are all fresh grown...the whole plant is used pods, leaves, & stems....not sure what grade they are but yes 4-5f of Crysta black treat opium from 20g wet plant material.....with that much plant material there is barely any water left in the pan if less water was used the plant material wouldn't be completely covered....never tried it with dried material. Check out my pics on here you'll see
Old 25-07-2012, 22:10
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Routemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,361, Level: 7 Points: 2,361, Level: 7 Points: 2,361, Level: 7

I guess maybe it's different if you're using fresh poppy material, my friend has always used dried pods bought online (or occasionally filched from gardens, heh). Sounds like you've just got really lucky with the strength of your plants!

BTW, I'm sure I've read somewhere that the leaves and stems contain only trace amounts of opiates, and that almost all the goodies are concentrated in the pods.
Old 25-07-2012, 23:11
Silver Member

Quote:
I guess maybe it's different if you're using fresh poppy material, my friend has always used dried pods bought online (or occasionally filched from gardens, heh). Sounds like you've just got really lucky with the strength of your plants!

BTW, I'm sure I've read somewhere that the leaves and stems contain only trace amounts of opiates, and that almost all the goodies are concentrated in the pods.
The strongest part of the plant is the pod followed by the leaves then the stem. Even if it isn't as a condensed amount as in the pods its still morphine don't waste anything! I read a report on lab results from a scientist that fed different parts of the plant to different mice & each one tested positive for opiates...don't have the URL right now but I can find it if you would like to read it. Hence the whole plant method.

It has been modified & updated many times due to trial & error along with current research being done on the plants.

I read too much BS on here like boiling the opium & using crazy chemicals. Just couldn't take the misinformation anymore. Its so simple! I feel it is a lost art. It takes lots of time, practice, & messed up batches to get it just right...but once you do

Actually it's the pods, then the stems, then the leaves. But some brilliant posts!
Old 10-09-2012, 07:24

Male from United States
PitBullDan should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 54, Level: 1 Points: 54, Level: 1 Points: 54, Level: 1
Activity: 3.2% Activity: 3.2% Activity: 3.2%

So has dried pods been used with this method to obtain good smokable opi? Just wondering because newbie may have very high tolerance...but needs a good method and/or advice on how to make this perfect!

goos question
Old 25-09-2012, 04:18

Male from United States
titsandclits is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

Quote:
Do your extra steps include ice-o-lation or paraffin wax? If so you don't need them if you use this exact methods. By filtering the liquid through a fine metal strainer a total of 5 times before it goes in the oven for its first cook down you eliminate the need for the other steps which are much more time consuming. Honest truth!

Read more: http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...#ixzz27RpPdQIb
I dont understand why you need to filter it through a metal filter more then once. If its like a coffee filter whats the point? does it really trap unwanted fats or something?

valid question
Old 03-10-2012, 17:46
Silver Member

Male from Scotland
robshaka is an unknown quantity at this point

Every time swim tried with dried pods it didn't work. A lot of people seem to have a problem obtaining smokable opium with dried pods..

this post could use more body, for example, why the posters method did not work
Old 03-10-2012, 18:15
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robshaka View Post
Every time swim tried with dried pods it didn't work. A lot of people seem to have a problem obtaining smokable opium with dried pods..
SWIM has used fresh & fresh frozen whole plants but not dried...so many people grow them around here there is no need to buy dried ones. But if you can't get it to smokeable them drink/eat what you do get it still has all the goodies in it.

four20honey added 2 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by titsandclits View Post
I dont understand why you need to filter it through a metal filter more then once. If its like a coffee filter whats the point? does it really trap unwanted fats or something?
By straining it multiple times all of the plant material and a lot of the plant fats are removed with out having to do the wax & ice which takes way longer for the same results

four20honey added 3 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

Quote:

Make it in small batches so you have better control over it

four20honey added 5 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

Quote:

There are other chemicals in the opium besides morphine and codeine so you aren't left with just the 2 and even with all the filtering there's sill going to be some plant fat...but yes 20g wet or frozen material yields 4-5 grand...my dog has done this thousands of times now...she's quit busy lol

Last edited by four20honey; 03-10-2012 at 18:15. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 25-11-2012, 00:34

26 y/o Male from United States
ethylnaut should review received reputation comments.
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1

If bubble bags isolate essential oils, like olive oil, orange oil, THC, someone in theory could use them for containing O? We all know for making hash we stack the bags in a bucket and fill with ice and MJ and blend, drain and repeat. The real question is: adding double boiled plant matter in to the bags and blending, will the alkaloids be caught in any of the micron layers, like MJ keef is? 25µ being the tightest bag and decreasing in a series of eight bags up to 220µ. Could someone proceed with this and dry the drained water?

a post full of valid questions for others to concider and hopefully answer for anyone reading to learn from
Old 28-11-2012, 23:45
Silver Member

Give it a try and let me know how it works out
Old 29-11-2012, 21:05
Silver Member

Male from United States
Sakazaki is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

Theoretically, no, bubblebags used to produce hash would not trap any opium alkaloids. In another TEK here for making cooked flake opium, the OP states using a 10-micron bio-diesel bag to filter out plant fats from the solution, and then drying the remaining water into opium. Since bubblebags are in the 25-220 micron range, they should only be useful for trapping unwanted plant fats, if useful at all.

a post with some knowledgable information for previous questions asked. This is always commendable.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:11

23 y/o Male from United States
Nastynathaniel should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%

Could I do this process with latex? Jellybean my pony recently bought some flowers for his mother's garden. She is unaware of exactly what they are. She would notice pods being gone and it would bring a lot of suspicion on him. He's a good pony he just has an opioid dependency and want to make things more efficient. He was wondering if it would be possible to use said process with latex. Due to the fact that he needs to be discreet about his harvest.

a good question for future readers to ponder and answer in the name of discresion.
Old 06-07-2013, 18:46

39 y/o Male from Canada
candm420 is an unknown quantity at this point

My rottweiller bowser just brought some flowers home and wants to utilize them....unfortunately he brought home 2 different kinds and was wondering if he could use both kinds of plants??? Can anyone help??

poster should have included more information, for example , exactly which kind were brought home?
Old 16-07-2013, 22:00
Mercury Member

36 y/o Male from England
MadOne needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

Wow my evil twin needs to find some poppys to experiment with now. I want to make clean strong smokable opium. Can opium be chased on the foil ? Just wondering because im still not sure what i had back in west mids uk 2001 was mexican tar heroin or a dam good quality opium cus it ran on the foil like powder H. no.3. on the first line the stuff was bubbling up little bit but then what impurities it had must of burnt off or melted into the blob.
I Have made some opium scince posting this so i now the difference between black tar heroin and opium. Opium WILL NOT smoke on the foil at all !

please be cautious of using text speak as this is an international forum and not everone understands these abbreviations.

Last edited by MadOne; 17-08-2013 at 13:49. Reason: Remove txt talk
Old 31-08-2013, 05:00
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United Kingdom
darkglobe is on the way updarkglobe is on the way updarkglobe is on the way updarkglobe is on the way up
Points: 802, Level: 4 Points: 802, Level: 4 Points: 802, Level: 4
Activity: 0.0% Activity: 0.0% Activity: 0.0%

Proper CFO as per SamuraiGecko's improved guide should theoretically "run" on foil much the same as I'm told Heroin does.
Old 02-11-2013, 21:27
Silver Member

35 y/o Male from United States
RedMonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 75, Level: 1 Points: 75, Level: 1 Points: 75, Level: 1
Activity: 3.5% Activity: 3.5% Activity: 3.5%

So when you do the CFO as stated does it make it more potent or just easier to consume by the monkey? Assuming monkey will be just taking it orally.
Old 13-11-2013, 22:06

Female from Earth
HPYGOLKY is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by four20honey View Post
Some guy was telling me,
If Mrs. Jones who is considered to be a perfectionist to a fault was to apply this process, how does one finely grind up fresh or frozen pods, stems, &/or leaves? As she claims, the thought of finely grinding up something moist, wet, or frozen is virtually impossible. Next, what exactly are 2 shots of lemon juice as she believes that this recipe might be referring to a shot glass? Although she has a very creative mind, she knows as most people that it is best to be certain with any type of recipe because it truly matters in the final quality of the item being produced. Lastly, what size of metal strainer is recommended per these recipe directions? Mrs. Jones did read later in this section that Sakazaki states, “using a 10-micron bio-diesel bag to filter out plant fats from the solution” would seem to work fine but Mrs. Jones was hoping for some feedback from four20honey since that is who wrote this recipe. Nice pics, also. Thanks for everything! Be safe and peace out!!
Old 01-01-2014, 14:58

AlliceSon is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

I knew a monkey who had the most wonderful substance. This was around 1973. I still don't know whether it was opium or hash. I looked like poop... but it didn't smell like poop. I smelled the best. It was spicy fragrant, good enough to eat. It was a little stretchy and when you pulled it apart, you would break a clear fibrous material inside that looked like hairs. The monkey told me they were opium veins. Can anyone identify what I am describing?
Old 18-03-2014, 04:00

Male from Earth
woogille needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Points: 183, Level: 2 Points: 183, Level: 2 Points: 183, Level: 2
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%

is this the only way to make black tar opium (not CFO) ?
also - to anyone who tried it - is there any way to make this process faster ?
Old 22-03-2014, 18:40

Male from Earth
woogille needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Points: 183, Level: 2 Points: 183, Level: 2 Points: 183, Level: 2
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%

AFOAF of mine is about to get some matured poppies soon and he wants to know -
1 - since he has no way to weigh the plants, approximatly how much is 20G (say in pods+20cm of stem, than how many of these) ?
2 - if he has no meat or any other culinary thermometer, is there any safe way to do this without it, and without going over say 150F (like bain marie maybe) ?
3 - is there any way to speed up the process ?

Share this on:

Tags
black tar, black tar opium, codeine, crystal, extraction, morphine, opium, poppy, poppy extraction