Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Codeine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 19-07-2012, 07:24
Silver Member

21 y/o Female from Earth
chroma is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 81, Level: 1 Points: 81, Level: 1 Points: 81, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%
Why is codeine now making me feel sick?

I just write fiction.

~ ~ ~

She was curious. Why was this different? She had taken codeine before... the first time, she had felt a great buzz and slight euphoria. The second time was the same. But from then on... it was different. The girl could identify the same tingling feeling in her body as the first time, but her mind didn't feel any different. Plus, she was starting to get stomach aches. And it wasn't like she hadn't tried changing up the amount she took. The young woman sighed in exasperation as her stomach clenched slightly. Why was this happening to her?
Old 19-07-2012, 08:03
Silver Member

47 y/o Male from Earth
DocBrock probably knows what they are talking about.DocBrock probably knows what they are talking about.DocBrock probably knows what they are talking about.DocBrock probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 626, Level: 3 Points: 626, Level: 3 Points: 626, Level: 3
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
Re: Why is codeine now making me feel sick?

You may redosing too quickly.
Could you give some idea as to time intervals between doses, what you are actually taking and in what quantities.

For example 4x30/500 co-codamol at four hour intervals is dangerous due to the paracetamol present and could make you rather ill.

Another thing is a warning. You are chasing a buzz already. Stop giving chase for while, then you may catch it again, but I'd advise against trying. If you keep chasing that buzz, and bigger versions of it, it can and does lead to some very awkward habits.
Pity you felt the buzz in the first place really.

Take care.

Post Quality Evaluations:
valid caqll for clarification
Old 19-07-2012, 08:17
Silver Member

21 y/o Female from Earth

DocBrock:

Waited ten days, took too much. Approx. 250mg, not knowing that tolerance went down. Waited five and a half more days until this one. Took 4 T3s (30/300apap) and half of a crushed 150mg codeine contin. Total (including contin) was 195mg. Had waited a while before the third and fourth T3.

Only 1200mg of apap; that's not bad. Why the advisory against trying to get any feeling?

chroma added 0 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

Replied.

Last edited by chroma; 19-07-2012 at 08:17. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 19-07-2012, 08:30
Silver Member

47 y/o Male from Earth
DocBrock probably knows what they are talking about.DocBrock probably knows what they are talking about.DocBrock probably knows what they are talking about.DocBrock probably knows what they are talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chroma View Post
DocBrock:

Waited ten days, took too much. Approx. 250mg, not knowing that tolerance went down. Waited five and a half more days until this one. Took 4 T3s (30/300apap) and half of a crushed 150mg codeine contin. Total (including contin) was 195mg. Had waited a while before the third and fourth T3.

Only 1200mg of apap; that's not bad. Why the advisory against trying to get any feeling?

chroma added 0 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

Replied.
No, the apap is fine. Try cold water extraction anyway, it really is much safer.

The warning is not a yelly growly type warning. Codeine was my monkey on my back for many years, chasing that buzz. It's a gentle, please be aware that whilst opiates can be delicious, they can hook you so fast you didn't blink.
Old 19-07-2012, 08:38
Silver Member

21 y/o Female from Earth

But why was the first time so good and now it just makes her feel pretty much feel like she has an instant hangover? The fact that she could go ten days without it told her that she wasn't hooked. If she's only taking 1200mg of apap, there is no point in a CWE. But why is the good feeling gome? What happened, Doc?
Old 19-07-2012, 09:50
Silver Member

47 y/o Male from Earth

Could be any number of things.
Too little
Too much
Different food
Different mood
'Time of the month'
I used to find if I was stressed, I got the body tingles and warmth, but no happy zone. Took me a while to recognise the mental static had calmed and I was actually chilled out, if feeling a little queasy sometimes.

I'd still recommend CWE as I have some tummy-fun with both apap and ibuprofen sometimes. Maybe it's that?

Anyway, tread carefully.
Old 19-07-2012, 11:08
Silver Member

21 y/o Female from Earth

Just as a final comment to anyone who reads this, the first time she had a euphoric buzz-like feeling, it was without a CWE. Therefore, the mystery needs more testing before being resolved... or she may not take any more. Her feeling really is horrid and long-lasting. Like a hangover-panic-attack-nauseous feeling.

To DocBrock: Thank you for the input on her question. Also, thank you for caring about her safety, though she is merely fictional of course. I hope you yourself stay well and safe.
Old 19-07-2012, 12:11
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Hangovery panicky sounds like too much to me.

Anything else change? New meds, stopping meds, change in diet? Maybe something about the 1st time needs to be readded back into the mix...

However, it is possible that she just didn't know what to expect the 1st time, so it knocked her on her ass with its amazingnessness. And subsequent times just won't be as magical. But the icky feeling really makes me think the dose is too high.

Doc's right to a point - chasing the magic that opioids can bring can be a disaster on its own. Of course she's not physically hooked yet - that'll take a good long while. But the psychological hook is worse in many ways...

All the best!!

~Kailey

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good measured safety advice as well as the warning about psychological addiction.
Old 19-07-2012, 13:58

Male from Turkey
doruk is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My pet frog tells me that diet is very important. Certain herbs and vegetables inhibit cyp 450 or other enyzmes that are responsible for the conversion of codeine into morphine.Esppecially carrot and the family it belongs to may inhibit the said enzym upto 24 hours (in my frogs's case at least).He tells me that he cannot enjoy codeine if he ate lots of carrots the previous night.Also a single non-Cwe'd pill (10/500) seems to have stronger effects than 4 Cwe'd pills, suggesting loss of strenght during the cwe process. Stomach contents (empty vs. full) also have a major effect my frog tells me. Hope this helps
Old 20-07-2012, 05:49
Silver Member

21 y/o Female from Earth

It has been a full day and she still feels sick. If it had anything to do with her medication, that will not be able to change so she feels like it would be no use going over it.

If the reason has to do with whether or not she had a full stomach or an empty one, it would not have happened twice, once on full once on partially empty. She is confused but thankful for all the input.

If it is really happening because the dose is too high, she doesn't understand that either. She had taken up to 400mg before that and been fine... Last time she only took 195mg and now, as she stated, she is still feeling nauseous.

If this feelings happens one more time on a lower dose (maybe only 100mg) she is going to flush the rest of her pills. She knows she cannot continue this way and have any quality of life.
Old 31-07-2012, 04:59
Silver Member

21 y/o Female from Earth

Flushed her pills. She knows that getting sick and feeling ill during work really isn't doing anything for her productivity... The girl sighs. Maybe it's marajuana time.

Share this on:

Tags
codeine