Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Methamphetamine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 19-07-2012, 04:36
Titanium Member

Male from Canada
CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.
Points: 2,405, Level: 7 Points: 2,405, Level: 7 Points: 2,405, Level: 7
Activity: 3.8% Activity: 3.8% Activity: 3.8%
Are there any ways to "DECREASE" the size of a lighter flame?

To skip ahead to my question, and to avoid reading my frivolous, inane meth induced rant, skip ahead to the bold red text.

Okay, so I know there are tricks to increase the size of a flame... But a giant flame isn't really desired when smoking meth... In fact, a tiny flame I find works much better in terms of conservation.

Lately, in the past 4 or 5 months, I don't know what it is, but I swear Bic lighter flames are suddenly massive! I remember they used to be a bit smaller than an inch normally. Now, every Bic lighter I buy, the flame is like 2 inches. Not only does it make it harder to smoke my meth properly, but my lighters dead in like 3 days. I swear they are bigger now, it's not just me...

Crazy theory: They made the flames bigger to kill the lighters faster to increase sales because of the economy? eh? maybe? .... Or maybe I'm just a crazy tweaker. If this is true, it's working, I probably go through twice as many Bic's as I used to.

There are other lighter brands.... Clipper lighter flames are about 6 feet tall, always have been... Then there are adjustable lighters, but their always cheap and shitty and die to soon... Basically, I'm not willing to sacrifice the quality of Bic lighters for a smaller flame... I simply want my old Bic lighters that provided a reasonable flame size... What's the point of a 2 inch flame anyway? When does a massive flame serve a practical use? Especially considering their main purpose is to light cigarettes, which requires only a minuscule teeny tiny flame.

Now, I know there are tricks to increase the size of a flame... But does anyone actually have a trick to decrease the size of a flame? A google search containing the keywords "trick, decrease, flame, size, lighter" only comes up with sites telling me how to make ur lighter flame a ridiculous size lol. If I were a pyromaniac, then this would be fantastic!!!! But I'm not. I'm a meth addict... Me want small flame.

Anyone have a trick to decrease flame size, preferably for Bic lighters?
Old 19-07-2012, 07:37
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from Ireland
Shleep On A Goat's Nipple really adds to the discussion.Shleep On A Goat's Nipple really adds to the discussion.Shleep On A Goat's Nipple really adds to the discussion.Shleep On A Goat's Nipple really adds to the discussion.Shleep On A Goat's Nipple really adds to the discussion.Shleep On A Goat's Nipple really adds to the discussion.
Re: Are there any ways to "DECREASE" the size of a lighter flame?

I found a site detailing how to make a "needle lighter", where you take off the flame guard and insert an impossibly thin pipe of tin foil into the valve lid, so that an impossibly thin flame peeps out at the top. Looks like something only the patience and attention of a tweaker could accomplish!
Type "guide to making a needle lighter" into a well-known search engine to find ..

Seems to be a custom-built idea, so to speak, for your purposes, although it looks quite tricky. I get that you love your trusty Bics, but the adjustable flame lighters are the obvious solution. I agree that most generic adjustables are short-lived, but have you ever tried kitchen lighters? AKA multi-purpose, or MP lighters, these are the ones with a long snout sticking out, to minimize burning of the hand, and have a pretty big body/handle, which can hold a pretty big storage of gas. Try finding one of these with an flame adjuster lever on it, it should last much longer than an adjustable lighter of a normal shape.
In fact, Bic make their own kitchen lighter under the name of the Megalighter .. sounds cool, looks cool, is quite cheap and lasts pretty long, by all accounts.

Hope this helps x
Old 19-07-2012, 07:58
Titanium Member

Male from Canada
CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.
Points: 2,405, Level: 7 Points: 2,405, Level: 7 Points: 2,405, Level: 7
Activity: 3.8% Activity: 3.8% Activity: 3.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shleep On A Goat's Nipple View Post
I found a site detailing how to make a "needle lighter", where you take off the flame guard and insert an impossibly thin pipe of tin foil into the valve lid, so that an impossibly thin flame peeps out at the top. Looks like something only the patience and attention of a tweaker could accomplish!
Type "guide to making a needle lighter" into a well-known search engine to find ..

Seems to be a custom-built idea, so to speak, for your purposes, although it looks quite tricky. I get that you love your trusty Bics, but the adjustable flame lighters are the obvious solution. I agree that most generic adjustables are short-lived, but have you ever tried kitchen lighters? AKA multi-purpose, or MP lighters, these are the ones with a long snout sticking out, to minimize burning of the hand, and have a pretty big body/handle, which can hold a pretty big storage of gas. Try finding one of these with an flame adjuster lever on it, it should last much longer than an adjustable lighter of a normal shape.
In fact, Bic make their own kitchen lighter under the name of the Megalighter .. sounds cool, looks cool, is quite cheap and lasts pretty long, by all accounts.

Hope this helps x
Ah yes, the needle lighter... I read about those a while back, and though they look to be awesome, I concluded that the complexity of making one outweighs my desire for a small flame maybe one day when I'm bored I'll try it out. And yeah the kitchen lighters, are they the same as BBQ lighters? That's what we call them here anyway... That is a decent solution, but their usually a bit more expensive, and I find with the ones I use anyway, they have a safety feature that discontinues the flame when they have been lit for too long to prevent overheating. And once they get low on fuel they only stay lit for about 5 seconds... One that doesn't automatically shut off would be great, I should look into it... But then there is the question of how expensive will they be, and would it be worth it?

The megalighter sounds dope I wonder if these have an auto shut off feature... Because when I'm smoking meth sometimes I take hits so big I need my lighter lit for a long period of time. Lol, then I'll be taking a hit of what little I got left, it shuts off, then my hit is ruined, and I end up wasting my last little bit with 5 tiny hits rather than one immense hit xD hate when that happens...

Thanks for your reply though... I think you pointed out all the options I really have. I was hoping for a quick simple fix to lower the flame, but that was probably just wishful thinking lol. Torches are out of the question, and despite the big debate that they are better, I wholeheartedly disagree, they burn your shit too quickly.

The needle lighter isn't a convenient option for me, and unless I can find a BBQ lighter that stays lit to my desire, it is neither an option for me as well.

I like your point about cheap lighters being an obvious solution. I think you are correct... Besides I can get three cheap lighters for a buck, where a Bic normally costs around two (CAD). And three cheap lighters last longer than one Bic would... So I guess, now I'm starting to think putting up with their poor quality would actually be worth getting my small flame, and as a bonus it's more cost effective! And with the economy... xD fuckin economy like I really give a shit... haha.

Thanks Shleep ol' buddy ol' pal!!
Old 02-07-2014, 10:24

33 y/o Male from Earth
KillrNstink is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

I agree, I had the same intuition about the unadjustable bic lighters. I noticed the flame size increase right away. The solution I've come up with is simple. I take apart an empty bic. The piece I want is the little lever that lifts the valve when u press down. It's made of sturdy metal and has a red plastic end. I take that piece and bend it slightly, with 2 pliers.. It's not that easy to bend. Sometes I even use a hammer to tap it a bit so that when put on a full lighter, it dosnt lift the valve as high as it used to. I admit it takes some time to perfect. But once u get a good one, u hold one to it. When the lighter dies, take that piece off and put it on a fresh one. This does mean basically dismantling the lighter down all the way.. But after a few times, u get good enough to where it takes you maybe 2 minutes to do. That's the best solution I've been able to come up with for the bic flame size conspiracy.. Scripto is a decent cheapie brand for crys
Old 03-07-2014, 06:33
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from United States
valchrist is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 130, Level: 1 Points: 130, Level: 1 Points: 130, Level: 1
Activity: 5.1% Activity: 5.1% Activity: 5.1%

You don't have to use tin foil for the lighter. You could use a needle from syringe. To make it air tight use bubble gum or hot glue from the glue gun or some type of tough glue at the base of the bic lighters valve. Don't get the glue inwhere the the gas comes out!

Note: I don't know what gauge of the needle 27 28 29 I don't know which one will fit perfectly into the lighter from its bevel.

Someone might know the correct needle....
Old 03-07-2014, 06:55
Silver Member

20 y/o Male from Canada
AJXC is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 58, Level: 1 Points: 58, Level: 1 Points: 58, Level: 1
Activity: 3.0% Activity: 3.0% Activity: 3.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by valchrist View Post
Note: I don't know what gauge of the needle 27 28 29 I don't know which one will fit perfectly into the lighter from its bevel.

Someone might know the correct needle....
I read in a previous thread on this site that a 16-gauge piercing needle which is 1.2mm in diameter is the size required to make this type of a lighter.

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=125163

Make sure that you purchase a hollow 16-gauge piercing needle if you are going to purchase these for this modification! This will save you from disappointment and another trip to the store when you realize that you bought the solid ones.

EDIT: I think I'll stop being lazy and go get them tomorrow or on Sunday since I prefer a standard bic for pipe/bong/bubblers but a low-heat blue flame for tinfoil. Assuming that I do I will confirm whether or not the user in the thread I posted was correct about 16-gauge being the correct size or post the correct size.

Post Quality Evaluations:
great job clarifying that! Providing a reference is always the best answer
Good research skills add tons to topic thank you.

Last edited by AJXC; 05-07-2014 at 02:53. Reason: Minor rewording / addition to post.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:56
Platinum Member & Advisor

34 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,301, Level: 20 Points: 19,301, Level: 20 Points: 19,301, Level: 20
Activity: 59.3% Activity: 59.3% Activity: 59.3%

Get an adjustable lighter, take the guard off, move the adjustor to the lowest setting, push the adjusting lever up so the frame disconnects from the wheel, move the frame to the opposite side, push it back to the wheel and continue reducing the flame. bend the guard back in place.

This also works in reverse when the lighter is nearly empty and can help drain the last burn out of it in an effective manner.

Last edited by Potter; 03-07-2014 at 07:13. Reason: last step was missing
Old 03-07-2014, 07:03
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from United States
valchrist is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 130, Level: 1 Points: 130, Level: 1 Points: 130, Level: 1
Activity: 5.1% Activity: 5.1% Activity: 5.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJXC View Post
I read in a previous thread on this site that a 16-gauge piercing needle which is 1.2mm in diameter is the size required to make a needle lighter.

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=125163
I knew someone would know.

Oh and potter nice tip too BUT! Those lighters are too cheap and once you take off all its parts watch out you going to lose that crappy lighter.

I've done this three times they always fail by melting or breaking down on me because the guard was gone.
I hate adjustable lighters.

Shleep On A Goat's Nipple
I used one kitchen lighter made by bic it was the red handle one for some reason it wouldn't melt the shit right. That kitchen lighter took butane.

Last edited by valchrist; 03-07-2014 at 07:13.
Old 04-07-2014, 23:47

Female from Earth
sunshinealone is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

So far i love the "needle" lighter thats the best way i enjoy
Old 05-07-2014, 00:04

Male from United States
gripper is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Alright, believe it or not I have a way that works.

1.Find a bic click pen. It MUST be a ballpoint click pen.
-Click pens typically only have half filled with ink
2. After disassembling pen, use only the pen insert. Take a pair of needle nose pliers, or nail clippers, or scissors...whatever it takes to
remove ONLY the BALL from the ball point
3. Once removed take the metal tip off
4. Blow through the end WITHOUT the ink until most the ink comes out
5. Clean with water keep blowing water through till somewhat clean. Blow through till dry
6. put metal tip back on pen
7. Cut pen down past crimp (usually there is a crimp half way that the ink is below)
8. Now take the shortened pen without ball but tip back on and fit it right over the nozzle of the bic lighter
9. you need a second lighter or better yet a candle to light this apparatus so push the red button on the new one and jump start it off the candle
10. The falme is a bit smaller and can be dampened by using ball point tips from other pens try fine point pens for smaller tips.
11. Enjoy fucking around for days trying to get just the right tips.
12. Go back to using the regular bic just hold the flame SUPER close, I mean like a 16th of an inch from the bulb of the pipe so that the pipe muffles the flame and it wont burn but you get the mac daddy hits
Old 05-07-2014, 03:26
Silver Member

20 y/o Male from Canada
AJXC is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 58, Level: 1 Points: 58, Level: 1 Points: 58, Level: 1
Activity: 3.0% Activity: 3.0% Activity: 3.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripper View Post
Alright, believe it or not I have a way that works.
[Steps 1 - 12]
Maybe I'm not understanding your post correctly, but isn't this the same concept as at a needle lighter except with the inner ink tube of a pen rather than a piece of rolled-up tinfoil? If that's the case, then I don't understand how the plastic would not burn with a hot flame passing through it...

EDIT: When I did this about a month ago, I was able to get the tinfoil rolled in a few tries. I think anyone here could really figure this out if they really wanted a low-heat blue flame and had the patience to practice for a little while to figure it out...I find that you just have to be gentle with how you roll it and make sure that it's not loose at all so that the flame can travel up it. I don't understand how this modification can justifiably be called complex, I think tedious may have been the word that the OP was looking for.

Oil candles are also a great source of low-heat flame for any method, in my opinion. My friend uses a modified airwick bottle with a homemade wick/"fondue" cooking fuel and it has to be ignited but once it is lit, it doesn't go out very easily unless you want it to. I didn't know what to search on Google, but found out recently that their name and are available online for cheap! Check them out if looking for something that can deliver a low-heat flame/not burn your stuff easily.

Last edited by AJXC; 07-07-2014 at 22:09. Reason: Was terribly worded and horribly structured after being up for such an extended period of time...
Old 07-07-2014, 07:39
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from United States
Dirt City is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

Wrap your Bic lighter in something cold, or store it somewhere cold when not in use.
To me, this seems to be the most simple solution even though it's one that needs to be constantly implemented.

Increase in temperature = increased pressure of butane = increased rate (amount) of butane being pushed out to fuel flame = larger flame

Opposite effect for a decrease in temperature.

Very smart thinking, and an awesome idea that I've never heard suggested before either online or in real life. Thanks for sharing!
Old 09-07-2014, 23:23

54 y/o Male from United States
AKAMike should review received reputation comments.
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

WOW... you guys are extremely creative... or I'm just plain lazy. I went to my local Home Improvement Depot, bought a small butane torch (for soldering jewelry) (B*E*N*Z*O*M/A/T/I/C), about the size of a magic marker, and a can of refillable butane (smaller than a can of spray paint). The flame is adjustable and burns hotter than the convenience store BICS and also eliminated the scorching I was seeing on the bottom of my bowl. Also, there are vids on YouTube showing how to fill the torch.
Old 17-07-2014, 00:16
Silver Member

Male from United States
Senang is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1

Try using cotton buds. Cut off the cotton ends and you end up with a plastic tube that fits over a normal lighter tip (you have to remove the metal guard first).

Cut the tube to about 2 cm length

Cut aluminium foil around 0.5 cm width x 5cm length.

Roll the foil diagonally around the tube to get the foil into a tube shape

Remove the tube, further roll the foil till you get a thin tube shape that holds its shape. It should shorten to around 2 - 3cm.

Slide the larger end of the foil into the end of the plastic tube. Around 1cm in.

Use the lighter to melt slightly the plastic end and roll it on a flat surface so that the melted plastic will seal with the foil. Normally I have to use my finger to pat the melted plastic in.

Put the other end of the plastic tube to the lighter end. Normally it just fit snugly. If it doesnt, turn your lighter to the lowest level and melt slightly that end and then quickly fit it in.

Now you have a needle lighter! You may need to crimp the other aluminium tube end to get the right flame size.

This is the easiest way to do it. Everyone has cotton bud and aluminium foil!

Very helpful, surprised this wasn't mentioned earlier in the thread.

Share this on:

Tags
meth

» New Threads
May someone can help me find out...
Last post by Beenthere2Hippie
10 Replies, 149 Views
Cocaine and Alcohol...
Last post by EmergencyGrant24
134 Replies, 86,357 Views
Tips for successfully overcoming...
Last post by natey7