Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Methamphetamine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 19-07-2012, 04:36
Titanium Member

Male from Canada
CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.
Points: 2,405, Level: 7 Points: 2,405, Level: 7 Points: 2,405, Level: 7
Activity: 3.8% Activity: 3.8% Activity: 3.8%
Are there any ways to "DECREASE" the size of a lighter flame?

To skip ahead to my question, and to avoid reading my frivolous, inane meth induced rant, skip ahead to the bold red text.

Okay, so I know there are tricks to increase the size of a flame... But a giant flame isn't really desired when smoking meth... In fact, a tiny flame I find works much better in terms of conservation.

Lately, in the past 4 or 5 months, I don't know what it is, but I swear Bic lighter flames are suddenly massive! I remember they used to be a bit smaller than an inch normally. Now, every Bic lighter I buy, the flame is like 2 inches. Not only does it make it harder to smoke my meth properly, but my lighters dead in like 3 days. I swear they are bigger now, it's not just me...

Crazy theory: They made the flames bigger to kill the lighters faster to increase sales because of the economy? eh? maybe? .... Or maybe I'm just a crazy tweaker. If this is true, it's working, I probably go through twice as many Bic's as I used to.

There are other lighter brands.... Clipper lighter flames are about 6 feet tall, always have been... Then there are adjustable lighters, but their always cheap and shitty and die to soon... Basically, I'm not willing to sacrifice the quality of Bic lighters for a smaller flame... I simply want my old Bic lighters that provided a reasonable flame size... What's the point of a 2 inch flame anyway? When does a massive flame serve a practical use? Especially considering their main purpose is to light cigarettes, which requires only a minuscule teeny tiny flame.

Now, I know there are tricks to increase the size of a flame... But does anyone actually have a trick to decrease the size of a flame? A google search containing the keywords "trick, decrease, flame, size, lighter" only comes up with sites telling me how to make ur lighter flame a ridiculous size lol. If I were a pyromaniac, then this would be fantastic!!!! But I'm not. I'm a meth addict... Me want small flame.

Anyone have a trick to decrease flame size, preferably for Bic lighters?
Old 19-07-2012, 07:37
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from Ireland
Shleep On A Goat's Nipple really adds to the discussion.Shleep On A Goat's Nipple really adds to the discussion.Shleep On A Goat's Nipple really adds to the discussion.Shleep On A Goat's Nipple really adds to the discussion.Shleep On A Goat's Nipple really adds to the discussion.Shleep On A Goat's Nipple really adds to the discussion.
Re: Are there any ways to "DECREASE" the size of a lighter flame?

I found a site detailing how to make a "needle lighter", where you take off the flame guard and insert an impossibly thin pipe of tin foil into the valve lid, so that an impossibly thin flame peeps out at the top. Looks like something only the patience and attention of a tweaker could accomplish!
Type "guide to making a needle lighter" into a well-known search engine to find ..

Seems to be a custom-built idea, so to speak, for your purposes, although it looks quite tricky. I get that you love your trusty Bics, but the adjustable flame lighters are the obvious solution. I agree that most generic adjustables are short-lived, but have you ever tried kitchen lighters? AKA multi-purpose, or MP lighters, these are the ones with a long snout sticking out, to minimize burning of the hand, and have a pretty big body/handle, which can hold a pretty big storage of gas. Try finding one of these with an flame adjuster lever on it, it should last much longer than an adjustable lighter of a normal shape.
In fact, Bic make their own kitchen lighter under the name of the Megalighter .. sounds cool, looks cool, is quite cheap and lasts pretty long, by all accounts.

Hope this helps x
Old 19-07-2012, 07:58
Titanium Member

Male from Canada
CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.
Points: 2,405, Level: 7 Points: 2,405, Level: 7 Points: 2,405, Level: 7
Activity: 3.8% Activity: 3.8% Activity: 3.8%
Re: Are there any ways to "DECREASE" the size of a lighter flame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shleep On A Goat's Nipple View Post
I found a site detailing how to make a "needle lighter", where you take off the flame guard and insert an impossibly thin pipe of tin foil into the valve lid, so that an impossibly thin flame peeps out at the top. Looks like something only the patience and attention of a tweaker could accomplish!
Type "guide to making a needle lighter" into a well-known search engine to find ..

Seems to be a custom-built idea, so to speak, for your purposes, although it looks quite tricky. I get that you love your trusty Bics, but the adjustable flame lighters are the obvious solution. I agree that most generic adjustables are short-lived, but have you ever tried kitchen lighters? AKA multi-purpose, or MP lighters, these are the ones with a long snout sticking out, to minimize burning of the hand, and have a pretty big body/handle, which can hold a pretty big storage of gas. Try finding one of these with an flame adjuster lever on it, it should last much longer than an adjustable lighter of a normal shape.
In fact, Bic make their own kitchen lighter under the name of the Megalighter .. sounds cool, looks cool, is quite cheap and lasts pretty long, by all accounts.

Hope this helps x
Ah yes, the needle lighter... I read about those a while back, and though they look to be awesome, I concluded that the complexity of making one outweighs my desire for a small flame maybe one day when I'm bored I'll try it out. And yeah the kitchen lighters, are they the same as BBQ lighters? That's what we call them here anyway... That is a decent solution, but their usually a bit more expensive, and I find with the ones I use anyway, they have a safety feature that discontinues the flame when they have been lit for too long to prevent overheating. And once they get low on fuel they only stay lit for about 5 seconds... One that doesn't automatically shut off would be great, I should look into it... But then there is the question of how expensive will they be, and would it be worth it?

The megalighter sounds dope I wonder if these have an auto shut off feature... Because when I'm smoking meth sometimes I take hits so big I need my lighter lit for a long period of time. Lol, then I'll be taking a hit of what little I got left, it shuts off, then my hit is ruined, and I end up wasting my last little bit with 5 tiny hits rather than one immense hit xD hate when that happens...

Thanks for your reply though... I think you pointed out all the options I really have. I was hoping for a quick simple fix to lower the flame, but that was probably just wishful thinking lol. Torches are out of the question, and despite the big debate that they are better, I wholeheartedly disagree, they burn your shit too quickly.

The needle lighter isn't a convenient option for me, and unless I can find a BBQ lighter that stays lit to my desire, it is neither an option for me as well.

I like your point about cheap lighters being an obvious solution. I think you are correct... Besides I can get three cheap lighters for a buck, where a Bic normally costs around two (CAD). And three cheap lighters last longer than one Bic would... So I guess, now I'm starting to think putting up with their poor quality would actually be worth getting my small flame, and as a bonus it's more cost effective! And with the economy... xD fuckin economy like I really give a shit... haha.

Thanks Shleep ol' buddy ol' pal!!

Share this on:

Tags
meth

» New Threads
Why do I keep going through...
Last post by Omen12
11 Replies, 335 Views
Nitrous' Effects Increase With Use?
Last post by Dangerousdavid
2 Replies, 280 Views
Speed balling advice!