Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Methamphetamine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 10-07-2012, 16:12

23 y/o Male from Germany
schaade should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Glass bulb - Is filling up the chamber a waste?

Hello,

since common pipes aren't available at SWIM's place, he decided to give the glass bulb a try.

Now SWIM is wondering, if filling up the chamber with smoke for a little while before inhaling is a good idea or not.

This is, what makes SWIM believe, it could be a good idea:
  • Since SWIM's lung volume is limited, he could inhale more at once

and why it may not be a good idea:

• SWIM has not much knowledge about chemistry. SWIM's biggest fear is to waste his stuff because he's sometimes an idiot.
By the way, SWIM used a chillum from his bong at the stem part from the bulb, works brilliant.

Old 10-07-2012, 16:46
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from Australia
Rocksbro is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 88, Level: 1 Points: 88, Level: 1 Points: 88, Level: 1
Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9%
Re: Glass bulb - Is filling up the chamber a waste?

OP, whichever way a lion chooses will be fine as long as it's capable of inhaling as much as it produces.

But there is one super IMPORTANT thing a lion MUST remember: a little bit of wasted smoke is easily forgiven, but to burn the product is unforgivable.

Roar!
Old 10-07-2012, 17:26

23 y/o Male from Germany

Thanks for your reply! About burning SWIM's stuff: does this look allright?

Old 10-07-2012, 17:32
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
trdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,333, Level: 12 Points: 7,333, Level: 12 Points: 7,333, Level: 12
Activity: 4.5% Activity: 4.5% Activity: 4.5%

I got to go with rocksbro on this one, I was trying to think of the most accurate reply.

Basically, when you turn the stem as you are melting the meth, you wait until you see a little smoke starting to swirl, as soon as you see this you inhale. With a glass bulb, waiting for it to fill up is kind of wasting the product but it's only wasting it as far as it's making resin on the glass and not going in your lungs. You don't want to burn the product for sure, and those pictures show product that is not burnt, it's browning, but nowhere near burnt, you have to keep the pipe still while heating to burn it. If this happens it means it's time to go to sleep or stop smoking it.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:48
Titanium Member

40 y/o Male from United States
Grimace probably knows what they are talking about.Grimace probably knows what they are talking about.Grimace probably knows what they are talking about.Grimace probably knows what they are talking about.Grimace probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 576, Level: 3 Points: 576, Level: 3 Points: 576, Level: 3
Activity: 13.3% Activity: 13.3% Activity: 13.3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaade View Post
Now SWIM is wondering, if filling up the chamber with smoke for a little while before inhaling is a good idea or not.
I concur with trdofbeingtrd's reply - It's actually more likely to get overheated that way; and from the picture it looks like it did get a little burned -not that bad though. The vapors boil off much faster and thicker while air is being drawn through the pipe versus heating it until the bowl fills with smoke in still air.

Once it's melted into a puddle and you see some vapors ("smoke") in the bowl, you should start inhaling lightly while continuing to apply heat and roll the puddle around hot spots as necessary to avoid burning it. You'll get a feel for it pretty quickly (I'm sorry to say).

Last edited by Grimace; 12-07-2012 at 04:53. Reason: Clarification, context
Old 12-07-2012, 06:49
Titanium Member

Male from Canada
CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.
Points: 2,405, Level: 7 Points: 2,405, Level: 7 Points: 2,405, Level: 7
Activity: 3.8% Activity: 3.8% Activity: 3.8%

Meth vapour, once created, is only potent for so long... In my experience, the quicker you get the smoke into your lungs, the better. That being said, filling the chamber is NOT in your best interest, it's better to just create a constant stream straight into your lungs.

Also, some brown marks will typically show up, but looking at the pictures you showed, I would say there is just a BIT too much markings. Try heating it a bit less... You want to heat it just enough to keep it liquid. That being said, it doesn't look too bad.

The fact that pipes made for meth typically dont have a chamber, or a very small chamber would also lead me to believe meth is best inhaled directly, and your hits arent meant to be built up like with marijuana. One reason I'm pretty sure big hits are built up in the chamber with marijuana in the first place is to let the smoke cool down a bit before inhaling. With meth, the smoke/vapour isn't hot, or noticeable so therefore there is no need to cool it down.

At the end of the day, as long as your not keeping the smoke in the chamber for a ridiculous amount of time, it's not going to make a big difference.

And one more thing... Light bulbs can be pretty effective,you should really try find a pipe. Perhaps there really aren't any available in your area, but sometimes you'd be surprised. Most places that sell them don't keep them out on display, you have to ask the cashier - at least in Canada anyway... But their out there you just gotta know where to look. Ask your dealer maybe?
Its just that, the material used to make actual pipes is a much better insulator than a lightbulb, and therefore your meth will melt a lot quicker, and crack back much sooner with a pipe. Plus it's just better all around. Resin builds up down the stem nice and quickly too in a glass pipe as opposed to the straw or pen casing or w/e it is that you use as a stem.

Well, good luck! Happy tweaking.
Old 12-07-2012, 20:15
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from Australia
Rocksbro is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 88, Level: 1 Points: 88, Level: 1 Points: 88, Level: 1
Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9%

Here's another one to help prevent burning gear:

Always try and heat the thinnest layer of your good stuff after the initial melting down from rock form. Thick parts of the puddle will take longer to heat and melt, and as it melts from the bottom up, this causes the bottom to potentially overheat as the top layer only starts melting (if you get what I mean). Hence it is quite important to always roll or spread out your liquid gold around the bowl evenly as it is cooling down so you don't get one big lump.

This one might be on the tedious side but it comes as second nature to me now - I always remember the parts of the bowl I've heated up, and how hot they are (based on the length of time I've held a flame to it). This way you know where to roll if you want more smoke without the need to fire it up again, and also where to roll (the cooler part of the bowl, sorry if it was obvious) if you want to stop/cool it down without waiting too long and potentially wasting your smoke, or forcing it to crack back by applying something cold on it. Call me a naturalist, but for some reason I've never agreed with forcing the crack back with a damp cloth, etc.

I hope I made sense to you just then hahaha.

Ps. I concur with the others in regards to your picture - it looks just that little bit too brown, but it's not a problem at all, soon enough you'll be rolling bowls that stay almost white for what seems like forever!
Old 19-07-2012, 20:21

23 y/o Male from Germany

Hello everyone, thanks for all your replies. Actually each single one of them helped me out

So SWIM wanted to check if there is improvement visible compared to the last pictures

Old 19-07-2012, 20:37
Titanium Member

Male from Canada
CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.
Points: 2,405, Level: 7 Points: 2,405, Level: 7 Points: 2,405, Level: 7
Activity: 3.8% Activity: 3.8% Activity: 3.8%

That looks pretty normal to me!

Depending on the stuff you get, some will leave little white and brown marks like in your pic, some will hardly leave any. I find light bulbs mark up a bit easier than pipes do... Anyway, yeah that looks good enough to me.
Old 28-07-2012, 01:39

32 y/o Male from United States
stoner oxy80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

i never get high when smoking it? when i do a line, i do. and once a used coffee filter in coffee. WOW did that work. i had differant kinds many times. idk
Old 28-07-2012, 03:14
Silver Member

44 y/o Male from USA - Massachusetts
profesor is on the way upprofesor is on the way upprofesor is on the way up

Puff the Magic Dragon is new to vaping/smoking non-plant material. He is wondering why meth users don't use water pipes/bongs? Would such devices really filter too much of the good stuff out of the smoke? He is looking for a good explanation. I hear a lot of illogical superstitions about things like this, so only answer if you have good reasons.
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but Puff's question seems very similar to the OP's.
Old 28-07-2012, 04:02
Titanium Member

40 y/o Male from United States
Grimace probably knows what they are talking about.Grimace probably knows what they are talking about.Grimace probably knows what they are talking about.Grimace probably knows what they are talking about.Grimace probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 576, Level: 3 Points: 576, Level: 3 Points: 576, Level: 3
Activity: 13.3% Activity: 13.3% Activity: 13.3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by profesor View Post
Puff the Magic Dragon is new to vaping/smoking non-plant material. He is wondering why meth users don't use water pipes/bongs?
Mostly because it isn't necessary - meth vapors don't feel harsh when inhaled, even if the clouds are so thick you can't see through them. Besides, a water spill could ruin the dope - and it's pretty hard for a tweaker to hold a pipe without rolling it.
Old 30-07-2012, 13:15
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

32 y/o Male from United States
tassadar is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 105, Level: 1 Points: 105, Level: 1 Points: 105, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

When nothing else is available, my Pet Polar Bear prefers the clear GE G25 "Globe" type bulb. They are a little bigger than the standard bulbs. He says If you let the vapor "swirl" up a bit you can get bigger hits, but probably notice more little deposits forming around the bulb. His buddies can never seem to get it to work right, but like anything else, it takes practice.

Share this on:

Tags
methamphetamine, smoking methamphetamine, tweaking

» New Threads
should I stay or should I go?
Last post by so so sad in vegas
3 Replies, 52 Views
FDA Kratom Import alert!!!
Last post by ianzombie
84 Replies, 5,120 Views
kratom and help on day 5 no opiates
Last post by DepoV