Register Tags

Notices

Old 10-07-2012, 00:42

25 y/o Male from United States
Bradezilla is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%
Injecting Methadone

Okay so I'm sure most of you opened this thread thinking it would be the typical "how do I shoot up methadone??" thread. This is not the case. I'm just here to share my experiences with injecting 10mg methadone tablets.

Usually people always say "don't do it" "it's a dumb idea" etc, etc.
But, I'm a junkie and well aware that there are sooo many risks associated with injecting drugs. Then injecting pills is a whole nother risk ball park with the binders and fillers that your putting directly into your bloodstream.

Injecting pills is dangerous. But, like I said, im a junkie and didn't really care.

Firstly, I just crushed in my cooker and added warm water, mix, filter, inject.

People always say " there's no rush, don't do it"

I believe this in part as I have injected methadone and felt nothing at all. Then done it another time(needle fever) and I got a nice, 10 second rush.

Then I did it another time and felt nothing. But I have gotten the rush more than one time. I don't know the science behind this but whatever.

So earlier today I injected half of a 10mg methadone and I did taste it and got a mini rush. But this isn't entirely what I'm here to talk about.

When I was almost done with the shot, I had this weird feeling in my lungs. Like I just got this random urge to cough. It was weird. First time it ever happened to me injecting anything but I do know one thing , it can't be good.

I'm here to say shooting methadone is a huge waste of time. Hell, methadone barely gives you a high to beging with. It will cause serious health problems in the long run as will any pill but I have heard that will fuck up your veins VERY fast. Like, faster than most other drugs.

So just eat the 'done, it's the same thing, same feeling , same amount of time waiting for it to kick in...
Old 14-07-2012, 19:34
..and your eyebrows

48 y/o Male from Germany
TheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,904, Level: 13 Points: 7,904, Level: 13 Points: 7,904, Level: 13
Activity: 35.5% Activity: 35.5% Activity: 35.5%
Re: Injecting Methadone

Bradezilla,--

I'm in no way promoting methadone injection although I have done it myself for more than enough time,- greedy junky that I am...

The reported experiences are inexplicable to me,- methadone-HCl is perfectly soluble in water, so you must either have done something perfectly wrong in the extraction or been ripped off with the pills ( presuming they weren't prescribed).

A simple extraction with lukewarm water should be enough to get the 'done out of the pills.

And No, Methadone does give a rush each time when injected,- related to the tolerance versus opioids one has.

What I have read with worry is your experience of issues with your lungs. When injecting pills, one should always use a double filtering, first with a usual cotton filter, afterwards re-filtering with a so called wheel filter

you get in any chemistry supply and even in well sorted needle exchanges.
Without the use of the micro filters, there will be rests of binders and fillers present in the respective solution of the substance which can result , when injected i.v., in silicosis and/or damage of capillar bloodvessels, even heart attack and stroke, when the person is predisposed.

Please do not take your lung-issues too lightly and get them checked out by qualified personnel.

Thanks for sharing your experience report, it might be helpful for other members/readers.

Kind Regards
TBBW

Post Quality Evaluations:
fabulous advice! nice addition of a photo to show what wheel filters look like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg filtersyringehr.jpg (69.9 KB, 290 views)
Old 09-08-2012, 10:31

Female from USA - Colorado
bosley11111 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

I've been on 400mg of morphine for the last 9 months for pain. Tomorrow I start a pain programe, the doctor said he would start on large doses of methadone and other stuff. To be honest 20 years ago I used to play with needles and could not help myself with the sevredol or the zomorph and if was rubbish, nothing like I remember. Will the methadone be worth it. ????? would love to have a rush again. I tryed Methadone piils 30 years ago and they were great. Whats happened
Old 11-08-2012, 18:57
..and your eyebrows

48 y/o Male from Germany
TheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,904, Level: 13 Points: 7,904, Level: 13 Points: 7,904, Level: 13
Activity: 35.5% Activity: 35.5% Activity: 35.5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosley11111 View Post
I've been on 400mg of morphine for the last 9 months for pain. Tomorrow I start a pain programe, the doctor said he would start on large doses of methadone and other stuff. To be honest 20 years ago I used to play with needles and could not help myself with the sevredol or the zomorph and if was rubbish, nothing like I remember. Will the methadone be worth it. ????? would love to have a rush again. I tryed Methadone piils 30 years ago and they were great. Whats happened
What happened is that you have got yourself a tolerance to opiates, which is at the same time a cross tolerance to methaodne.
Don't try to inject the oral methaodne solution.
If you can't resist, rather solve the methadone from tablets and follow the safety rules for injecting pills.

The methadone high per i.v. injection is not compareable to a i.v. rush of a shorter acting opiate, like morpihine/heroin. You at best will be disappointed.

Better let the pain meds be pain meds and don't misuse them recreationally. It's definitely not worth it.

TBBW
Old 05-10-2012, 15:36

Female from USA - Colorado
bosley11111 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

My mate Donk is like most on the zomorph 30 60 and 100 mg. Again nothing not even cold water ex.
30 and 60's nothing sould he try the 100's????
With 1000' of mg's of different types Surley there's a hit somewhere???????
Please someone is the rush just a forgotten memory Donk was a Dike and peth man. I guess it was a long time ago
Old 31-10-2012, 02:41

Female from United States
njgolden1120 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

My boyriend used to do heroin and three years ago put himself into a methadone clinic. He was honest up front when I met him. Kinda. A couple months ago I started finding syringes and realized he was injecting his take home. We've battled this me against him well.... My argument and I'm sure I could be wrong is him missing the needle. He agrees to disagree. I'm not exactly where my problem is but it bothers me. He's been inbthe clinic and has been kinda passed around by counselors. Who he likes one they leave. I commend him taking the step away from the heroin but I think no steps by either part have been taken to sort the needle issues. I don't know how I should handle this. This topic usually brings an argument he's very defensive. I have hidden the syringes not sure if that'se right thing to do. But the lying is starting to get in the way. I just want to be supportive not sure how now. I just want him to want to get help.

njgolden1120 added 170 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

Sorry about my typing. Laptop down. Using phone but fighting with space bar. Losing...p

Last edited by njgolden1120; 31-10-2012 at 02:41. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-01-2013, 00:32

27 y/o Male from Ireland
Cranoo should review received reputation comments.
Points: 44, Level: 1 Points: 44, Level: 1 Points: 44, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

I've always wondered if one would get high from injecting Methadone lol. I wouldn't do it personally though.

I reckon you should go to the doctor if this doesn't subside and be honest with him. Yeah, tell him you were injecting your Methadone script. hahaha. I can only imagine the doctors reaction.

Does not add neither to the thread nor to the questions of the poster above. Unhelpful and pretentious. When you have nothing to add but mockery please don't post.
Old 21-02-2013, 06:19
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

28 y/o Male from Earth
ToxicRoxy is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

Well I heard many theories on injecting methadone and have read all the horror stories bit my buddy is fighting the addiction as we all do (well most of us that is lol) hes going to attempt to iv done...he wants me to watch over him to make sure he doesnt od. I will post the results here...

ToxicRoxy added 119 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

Well nothing disasterious...it left the arm tingley and there was a bit of a rush, but he didnt even get the whole rig in...only about half, and had to stop....he said he thought if he continued it wouldnt be pretty...like it wasnt a fun high...makes me think of those roller coasters you wanna try and the whole time your praying n holdin on for dear life...but you get off n live, but you hear on the news few weeks later someone died on the same one...

Thank you for adding your experience report. Appreciated that you have the guts to confess a mistake.

Last edited by ToxicRoxy; 21-02-2013 at 06:19. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 21-02-2013, 21:14
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute

I've shot methadone abunch. Probably 100+ times. I'd shoot the little rectangular 10 mg pills. I could shoot up to 3 at a time if I used a 3 cc rig. There's no rush. You just feel the high right away. Sometimes I'd mix in 25 mg promethazine tablet and that would add to the feeling but still, no rush. I got to the point where the only way I would use the drug was injecting it. I felt like if I just ate it that it wouldn't be as strong and that I'd miss something. In my mind, I'd get sick quicker if I just ate it. I don't know if this was real or imaginary. I think I was mainly just hung up on the needle.

Bad idea all around though. Swear on everything, there's no rush. There's so much risk involved, it's not worth it. Why do you think the pharm companies don't make an abuse resistant methadone pill? Cus it ain't worth it to shoot.
Old 22-02-2013, 05:11
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

28 y/o Male from Earth
ToxicRoxy is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

I think its different for each person, and a great deal of it is mental too (atleast in my opinion). I did try it out of curiousity and I will attest that I felt a rush. But it was more that I was very sick and the relief was very instanteous and my head got a rush/flush feeling... I can honestly say I got zero buzz from it and will never try that again.
Old 22-02-2013, 07:51

47 y/o Male from Australia
shrOOmer123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Hi Peoples,
I just popped on this thread and had to put my 25cents worth on this speak, my I have jacked 100mg of Methadone 4 days a week with my steady legal Australian Script for the stuff for fifteen year's,and find that this act in itself has been enough for my drug addicted mind to be happy without having to use any other opiate in that time. I think that for some of us, Methadone is a perfect pain and pleasure replacement.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:34

Male from United States
defanone120 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

As someone who used to have a huge monkey on my back, I used to inject methadone everyday, and I got a rush every time. The size of the rush is highly dependent on how much you use. 5mg is just not going to be enough for anyone. I did for over two years, methadone is my opiate of choice so going to a clinic was the best and worse thing in my life. If i were to run 30mgs today with no tolerance I would absolutely be floored, i would get pins and needles, the whole nine yards and I would be content with that amount all day. I have done liquid and pills and used the same vein for two years. If you make up a strong enough shot from the pills it tends to burn for a second. Where I am from everyone was doing this. The most I did at once was 80mgs. It was so intense it made me dizzy. I almost lost my balance. I used a 3,5, or 10ml syringe and transferred the solution to different spoons as you can really only do four pills at once in each regular sized spoon. The bigger syringes help a ton. You do not want to add any heat. I would use most of a top or tube cigarette filter. The key to it is having that filter that can absorb and pull the solution out of the pill mass. Of course filter properly a second time. If someone had a bunch they could do a large CWE on them and then filter again, evaporate off the excess water down to your desired level, or even to the point you would have methadone hcl powder in quite a pure form. There are more things and different ways to achieve this but one would have to research them on their own. Peace.

defanone120 added 49 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

In regards to my first post I am little bit obsessive compulsive, so I always try to find the best way to do things. When I do a shot up for someone else they would always comment,on how I seemed to get them a much stronger shot then they had been able to get on their own. For me I got no rush from oxy, it would just seem like over the course of two minutes I was all of a sudden high. I got good rushes from dilaudid and especially and especially from opana IR. The problem with those is that I would fiend for that rush way before my high was over. With methadone it was never like that. I swore by it and I have done pretty much every other opioid there is.

Last edited by defanone120; 01-03-2014 at 10:34. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-03-2014, 11:01
Silver Member

31 y/o Male from United States
ufa2162 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1
Activity: 3.0% Activity: 3.0% Activity: 3.0%

I agree with shroomer123, Methadone is PERFECT for SoMe of us. People that shoot it.......they are taking methadone for the WRONG reason and would b better off shooting heroin or something like that. We as methadone patients have a bad rap as it is, because of threads like this. Just sayin, please don't b offended

Share this on:

Tags
injecting, methadone