Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Adderall
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-07-2012, 20:21
Ontario Ontario is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 16-02-2012
23 y/o Male from Canada
Posts: 343
Ontario is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 205, Level: 2 Points: 205, Level: 2 Points: 205, Level: 2
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%
Dexedrine/Adderall skin condition

I know that acne or whatever is a side effect of Adderall and Dexedrine. Im old enough that I shouldnt really get acne, and I never do. I used to when I was younger but not anymore. When I take my medication though for a few days in a row or whatever I seem to get not only pimples but they look like more like cuts (red and quite noticeable) then a regular pimple if you know what I mean. Top it off, there only on my forhead. I sweat alot, I have that condition hyperhydrosis and it seems without fail the Dexedrine will give me these type of pimples on my forhead.

Anyone else get this who takes either dex or adderall for add? I personally hate it, most horrific side effect imo. It probally contributes to the problem that I sweat alot on dex from my forhead if I do anything physical.

Im just wondering how many people experince this and I looked but if someone wanted to give me like a proper scientific explanation for this I would be intrested. Gotta be even worse for a female I imagine.

Edit: I just found something online about "speed bumps". Its not that, its more like cystic acne if anyone knows what that is. And it never really gets to bad like you see in the horror cases, really only like three or four pimples. Just curious who else deals with this.

Last edited by Ontario; 09-07-2012 at 20:29.
  #2  
Old 09-07-2012, 22:01
YIPMAN YIPMAN is offline
Palladium Member
 
Join Date: 20-01-2011
33 y/o Male from Portugal
Posts: 1,216
YIPMAN must think in IUPACYIPMAN must think in IUPACYIPMAN must think in IUPACYIPMAN must think in IUPACYIPMAN must think in IUPACYIPMAN must think in IUPACYIPMAN must think in IUPACYIPMAN must think in IUPACYIPMAN must think in IUPACYIPMAN must think in IUPACYIPMAN must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,677, Level: 9 Points: 3,677, Level: 9 Points: 3,677, Level: 9
Activity: 29.2% Activity: 29.2% Activity: 29.2%
Re: Dexedrine/Adderall skin condition

Hi there Ontario!

Haven't found a reasonable scientific study yet, but have you seen this thread > Side effects - Adderall and skin?
  #3  
Old 09-07-2012, 22:39
Grimace Grimace is offline
Titanium Member
 
Join Date: 08-03-2012
40 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 196
Blog Entries: 1
Grimace probably knows what they are talking about.Grimace probably knows what they are talking about.Grimace probably knows what they are talking about.Grimace probably knows what they are talking about.Grimace probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 576, Level: 3 Points: 576, Level: 3 Points: 576, Level: 3
Activity: 13.3% Activity: 13.3% Activity: 13.3%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontario View Post
.
Edit: I just found something online about "speed bumps". Its not that, its more like cystic acne if anyone knows what that is. And it never really gets to bad like you see in the horror cases, really only like three or four pimples. Just curious who else deals with this.
Many people do, but a lot of tend to think it's "chemicals coming out" of their pores.

It's sebum. It's usually hard and waxy, but the hyperthermia amphetamines cause cause it to liquify a bit and come out through the pores. When it hardens again (when you cool down) it clogs the pores and/or oozes out in waxy pellets.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Plausible explanation - thank you for your contribution!
  #4  
Old 09-07-2012, 23:16
Makeup_Junkie Makeup_Junkie is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 15-05-2012
25 y/o Female from USA - Nevada
Posts: 190
Makeup_Junkie is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 219, Level: 2 Points: 219, Level: 2 Points: 219, Level: 2
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
As you can tell from my username, I'm a makeup and skincare junkie so I know what works and what doesn't. Since you're male, obviously you don't want to wear makeup but a proper skincare routine can help with this. Here's what I do: first I take my makeup off with jojoba oil. I know what you're thinking, "oil on your face? Won't that make acne worse?" but it doesn't. Jojoba oil is similar to the natural sebum in our face which is what causes acne to form so what the oil does is it tricks your body into thinking its producing enough oil which causes your acne to get better, not worse. After I put the oil on with a cotton square, I wash it off with face wash, then use a mixture of witch hazel and rose water as a toner. Lastly, I put on moisturizer.

I know this doesn't answer your question about why Adderall and/or Dexedrine causes acne but I wanted to give you tips on how to help make your acne better. That skincare routine has really helped me immensely.
  #5  
Old 10-07-2012, 00:50
Ontario Ontario is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 16-02-2012
23 y/o Male from Canada
Posts: 343
Ontario is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 205, Level: 2 Points: 205, Level: 2 Points: 205, Level: 2
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%
Re: Dexedrine/Adderall skin condition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace View Post
Many people do, but a lot of tend to think it's "chemicals coming out" of their pores.

It's sebum. It's usually hard and waxy, but the hyperthermia amphetamines cause cause it to liquify a bit and come out through the pores. When it hardens again (when you cool down) it clogs the pores and/or oozes out in waxy pellets.

The sebaceous gland produces an oily/waxy matter designed to lubricate and waterproof the skin and hair of mammals. So, your saying (correct me if I am wrong) that the sebum with an up'd body temputure gets thinner and ooozes through the pores. When it hardens it clogs pores?

That seems like a pretty good explanation.

And no, I didnt see that thread...thanks alot yipman.

Ontario added 81 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeup_Junkie View Post
As you can tell from my username, I'm a makeup and skincare junkie so I know what works and what doesn't. Since you're male, obviously you don't want to wear makeup but a proper skincare routine can help with this. Here's what I do: first I take my makeup off with jojoba oil. I know what you're thinking, "oil on your face? Won't that make acne worse?" but it doesn't. Jojoba oil is similar to the natural sebum in our face which is what causes acne to form so what the oil does is it tricks your body into thinking its producing enough oil which causes your acne to get better, not worse. After I put the oil on with a cotton square, I wash it off with face wash, then use a mixture of witch hazel and rose water as a toner. Lastly, I put on moisturizer.

I know this doesn't answer your question about why Adderall and/or Dexedrine causes acne but I wanted to give you tips on how to help make your acne better. That skincare routine has really helped me immensely.
No, thank you so much. I usually just wash my face with ivory soap before bed but ill look into (allready went on the web) the jojoba oil, can you just buy it at like a drugstore or something?

Ontario added 8 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

I just wanted to add that when I am on my medication I drink half liter glasses of watter and I usually drink about 6 of within in the three-four hours I feel my meds. I also eat healthy foods even though it sucks trying to eat I know I have to.

So my diet and water intake are excelent or at least pretty good.

Last edited by Ontario; 10-07-2012 at 00:50. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  #6  
Old 10-07-2012, 01:30
Makeup_Junkie Makeup_Junkie is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 15-05-2012
25 y/o Female from USA - Nevada
Posts: 190
Makeup_Junkie is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 219, Level: 2 Points: 219, Level: 2 Points: 219, Level: 2
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontario View Post
The sebaceous gland produces an oily/waxy matter designed to lubricate and waterproof the skin and hair of mammals. So, your saying (correct me if I am wrong) that the sebum with an up'd body temputure gets thinner and ooozes through the pores. When it hardens it clogs pores?

That seems like a pretty good explanation.

And no, I didnt see that thread...thanks alot yipman.

Ontario added 81 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...



No, thank you so much. I usually just wash my face with ivory soap before bed but ill look into (allready went on the web) the jojoba oil, can you just buy it at like a drugstore or something?

Ontario added 8 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

I just wanted to add that when I am on my medication I drink half liter glasses of watter and I usually drink about 6 of within in the three-four hours I feel my meds. I also eat healthy foods even though it sucks trying to eat I know I have to.

So my diet and water intake are excelent or at least pretty good.
That's great that you have a good diet and water intake. That's helping the fact that you're only having mild acne.

Jojoba oil can be found at any health food store such as Trader Joe's or Whole Foods. It's about $6-$7 for a 4 oz bottle but it'll last you a long time. Don't put it on during the daytime because it'll make your face really shiny and it might make you feel icky.

Also, you don't need a lot. A couple of drops is all you need to put all over your face. If you find it's not helping your acne or making it worse, return it. Everyone is different so while it helps someone like me, it could potentially make it worse for you. But it's just something to keep in mind. I hope it helps you as much as it has helped me!

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good, instructive contribution - thank you for sharing your expertise with us!
  #7  
Old 10-07-2012, 01:37
Ontario Ontario is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 16-02-2012
23 y/o Male from Canada
Posts: 343
Ontario is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 205, Level: 2 Points: 205, Level: 2 Points: 205, Level: 2
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%
Re: Dexedrine/Adderall skin condition

Thanks make up junkie. I am close to thirty, I dont ever have this problem but if I take dex for multiple days in a row then it comes without fail. Usually if I just take it one day, wait a few days then go again im good (I guess giveing it time to clear up before sweating like a mad man again lol).

And its garbage when your girlfriend mentions your age and acne lmao.
  #8  
Old 10-07-2012, 01:43
Makeup_Junkie Makeup_Junkie is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 15-05-2012
25 y/o Female from USA - Nevada
Posts: 190
Makeup_Junkie is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 219, Level: 2 Points: 219, Level: 2 Points: 219, Level: 2
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
Also, I'm sorry I got off topic. I seem to be doing that a lot lately
  #9  
Old 10-07-2012, 02:50
Ontario Ontario is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 16-02-2012
23 y/o Male from Canada
Posts: 343
Ontario is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 205, Level: 2 Points: 205, Level: 2 Points: 205, Level: 2
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%
Re: Dexedrine/Adderall skin condition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeup_Junkie View Post
Also, I'm sorry I got off topic. I seem to be doing that a lot lately
I didnt think you did, you offerd sound advice pertaining to the subject...thank you.
  #10  
Old 10-07-2012, 04:25
Makeup_Junkie Makeup_Junkie is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 15-05-2012
25 y/o Female from USA - Nevada
Posts: 190
Makeup_Junkie is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 219, Level: 2 Points: 219, Level: 2 Points: 219, Level: 2
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontario View Post
I didnt think you did, you offerd sound advice pertaining to the subject...thank you.
You're quite welcome Let me know if the jojoba oil works for you (or if you even decide to use it) either by PM or on this thread.

Share this on:

Thread Tools


» New Threads
Suboxone withdrawal help please
Last post by Highzenberg
18 Replies, 546 Views
Hallucinations on MDMA comedown?
Last post by toaster1
6 Replies, 251 Views
THJ-018 info
Last post by m314
12 Replies, 4,489 Views
Drug Lyrics
Last post by loveak
446 Replies, 70,337 Views
Has anyone done an inpatient...
Last post by Stickemupz
1 Replies, 70 Views
Tapering or continued use only...
Last post by india805
0 Replies, 1 Views
Can go 3 months sober followed by...
Last post by ivmads
1 Replies, 32 Views
coming clean
Last post by loveak
0 Replies, 10 Views
how long will DMT keep?
Last post by Pharfromsober
11 Replies, 4,580 Views
Best ROA for Suboxone Films
Last post by gmeziscool2354
6 Replies, 206 Views
» New Wiki Articles

Sitelinks: Information:

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:33.


Copyright: SIN Foundation 2003 - 2014, All rights reserved
"Wiki" powered by VaultWiki v3.0.20 PL 1.