Register Tags

Notices

Old 08-07-2012, 05:25

34 y/o Male from USA - California
Bristoll is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
Insufflating hydrocodone compound

Hello, SWIM has been prescribed 15mg hydrocodone compound pills by their doctor. These pills are hydrocodone as the only active ingredient, but the powder weighs out to 90mg so there's obviously some kind of filler in these.
SWIM can't find any info on the insufflated bioavailability of hydrocodone, every time insufflated hydrocodone comes up the BA is never mentioned because people get hung up on the fact that most other pills have tylenol or something in them.
Do any of you know happen to know if insufflating a hydrocodone compound would give SWIM a higher bioavailability than orally using them or will that bypass the liver and not even give proper effects?
Old 08-07-2012, 07:01
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Kid Cudi really adds to the discussion.Kid Cudi really adds to the discussion.Kid Cudi really adds to the discussion.Kid Cudi really adds to the discussion.Kid Cudi really adds to the discussion.Kid Cudi really adds to the discussion.
Points: 870, Level: 4 Points: 870, Level: 4 Points: 870, Level: 4
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Insufflating hydrocodone compound

Hydrocodone already has a high oral bioavailability, so I'm not sure why SWIY would want to damage his nasal cavity when insufflation isn't necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristoll View Post
These pills are hydrocodone as the only active ingredient, but the powder weighs out to 90mg so there's obviously some kind of filler in these.
Another reason to not snort these pills is because of the fillers. You never know what kind of fillers they use and whether or not they are safe to insufflate (or inject).

Sorry if I came off as harsh, but I just don't want SWIY to hurt himself. Be safe!
Old 08-07-2012, 09:36

34 y/o Male from USA - California
Bristoll is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Cudi View Post
Hydrocodone already has a high oral bioavailability, so I'm not sure why SWIY would want to damage his nasal cavity when insufflation isn't necessary.

Another reason to not snort these pills is because of the fillers. You never know what kind of fillers they use and whether or not they are safe to insufflate (or inject).

Sorry if I came off as harsh, but I just don't want SWIY to hurt himself. Be safe!
I appreciate the harm reduction advice, it's always good for a community to be worried about harm reduction.
SWIM wasn't planning on doing this much at all (which I know you probably hear a lot, but SWIM means actually means it and has to stick to it for reasons I'd rather not get into at the moment), more of a novelty thing. SWIM was mostly just curious about the BA since information on it is scarce even in medical journals and books on opioids that usually include BA's for all routes.
Old 25-07-2012, 19:59
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from United States
biggpri is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 91, Level: 1 Points: 91, Level: 1 Points: 91, Level: 1
Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5%

Several years ago, SWIM performed a CWE extraction on a bunch of Lorcet pills he'd obtained. After evaporating the water from the resulting solution, what was left was an almost pure hydrocodone powder caked onto the plate. SWIM cut a small line out of it, and upon snorting, experienced a slight burning sensation. The ensuing high was pretty good - like taking them orally but with a slight rush to kick it off. SWIM isn't sure now many milligrams this was, but it felt like between 20-30mg. In my opinion, it's better to just take the stuff orally. As mentioned previously, hydrocodone already has a very high oral bioavailability.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Brief but interesting TEK, and but IMO a good suggestion to just take it orally.

Share this on:

Tags
hydrocodone