Register Tags

Notices

Old 04-07-2012, 10:14

Male from United States
socalpurp is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
ABG 60 extended release morphine pill

Hey everyone. My buddy gave AFOAF a 60mg 'ABG 60' extended release morphine sulfate pill. He hasn't used opiates in at LEAST 3 months. Maybe even 5 months. He has lost track.

Anways, he's wondering would this pill even hit him? Should he start with half? He knows that this pill is extended release so should he attempt to get rid of the extended release part if possible? But mainly, will it even HIT HIM? He used to use maybe 15-25 mgs of hydrocodene every couple weeks. Sometimes 10-15 mgs of oxycodene, but this was over 3 months ago. His tolerance should be non existant. But he is unfamiliar with morphine and its affects. Hopefully someone can help him out here.

Oh ya, he's also wondering if it is possible to snort this pill considering the fact that it is extended release? he is aware that morphine has a shitty oral bioavailability

Post Quality Evaluations:
Please use more descriptive thread titles in the future; no one would know the point of this thread by looking at the title. Something like "how to best use ER morphine?" or similar would have been better, for example.
Old 05-07-2012, 22:12
On Hiatus

Male from United States
baZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,642, Level: 11 Points: 6,642, Level: 11 Points: 6,642, Level: 11
Activity: 19.6% Activity: 19.6% Activity: 19.6%
Re: ABG 60 extended release morphine pill

Unfortunately, no one here will know for sure if this will "hit you." The best I can tell you about that is that if it's been three months since you've last used, chances are your tolerance is pretty low as you've said. 60mg of morphine is by no means a small dose, so you definitely need to use caution with using this. I'm merely repeating, though, as you seem to be well aware of that.

I'm not familiar with this brand of generic morphine, but I've looked up a few things. I know this is not particularly helpful but I think you are going to have to do some additional research on these. I've done some for you, and it's really hard to figure out if the ABGs will gel or not when added to water. I know you're not asking about IV, but sometimes the ER tablets that do gel up will do so even if you try to snort them. So, basically what I'm saying is I read a ton for you and even I still can't quite figure out if these will gel or not and if they're suitable for snorting. You are right that in terms of getting high, oral morphine is pretty much useless. All that said, it appears that this generic of morphine can be snorted.

My advice is to do some reading on here and google and see what else you can find. Based on what I've read so far, I think you should be pretty successful in snorting these. Because it's not an ER that has the "beads" I would think all you need to do is take off the coating and crush it as finely as possible, then you should be good to go.

As for dose, however, I wouldn't even start with half. A quarter, maybe a third. Remember with opiates you can always add, but never subtract. I have little doubt that if it's been that long since you've done anything it will "hit you," especially given the fact it doesn't sound like you had a steep addiction or anything to begin with.

As for being "unfamiliar with morphine and its effects," if you've done any opiate before you pretty much know what to expect. The big difference with morphine is that it is a natural opiate, and natural opiates tend to release more histamines than synthetics like oxy- and hydrocodone and thus may cause more itching. If you find this, you can take a benadryl to counteract those effects. Be careful if you do, though, as benadryl may potentiate the effects of opiates... another reason to start with a low dose. Otherwise, the effects of morphine are quite similar to what you already have experience with.

Anyway, I hope that helps some and feel free to ask anything else if you need.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Very helpful post
Old 06-07-2012, 11:42

Male from United States
socalpurp is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: ABG 60 extended release morphine pill

Thanks baZING, that was exactly what I was needed to know and I appreciate you doing some research for me. Cheers.

Share this on:

Tags
morphine