Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 03-07-2012, 06:38

29 y/o Male from United States
Shagsdope is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
Injecting meth in the neck(jugular vein)?

Hi there everybody. I'm a newbie on the site so hopefully I word everything correctly. So a really good friend of mine has a girlfriend who injects meth, not near as much as she use to though. Actually she has just barely started doing it again after 1 1/2 yrs clean. Well anyways what I'm getting at is the other day she was telling me that she wanted to inject in her "big vein in the neck". She then went on to tell me that's the only way a few of her friends do it. Supposedly because the rush is way more intense for some reason. And i guess she's been having a real hard time getting that good rush she use to get just a few yrs back. She is very safe and very aware of the dangers of injecting meth and other drugs anywhere on the body let alone the neck. She's not worried about that, she just wants to know if it's true that you can get more of a rush injecting in the "big vein in the neck"? Oh yeah she said she sees her friends do it all the time and they've been doing meth way longer than her and they even do smaller dosages than her and they still get a good rush. She can totally tell when they rush so it's not like she thinks they're lying or something. Any information would be very appreciated. Thanks everybody.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:16
Silver Member

47 y/o Male from USA - California
beentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPAC
Points: 7,575, Level: 12 Points: 7,575, Level: 12 Points: 7,575, Level: 12
Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3%
Re: Injecting meth in the neck(jugular vein)?

the dope is the problem not the vein.. the shit was better and now its fucked, and trying to get the bad dope to feel good by hitting the neck is not the answer, the shit is made wrong .. period, not trying to say that we should not do dope, I am just point this out , it is caused by badly synth. meth.

I have known hard core junkies that never needed to hit in the neck to gain a big flash, if it is true meth then you need only a tiny bit , what ever route you should choose.

shoooting poor dope is hard enough on our bodies when hit in the arm or smoked but hitting bad dope in the neck is straight suicide, btdta
Old 03-07-2012, 08:01

Yeah I totally agree and thanks for the reply. I've kind of went over what you just posted with her when she first brought it up. She says she knows all about the good, bad, new, old, this and that etc. But she just wants to know if you can get more of a rush injecting in the neck than the forearm? That's all she wants to know. Oh and she says thanks for the advice.

Shagsdope added 18 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

Sooo...anybody have an answer or some info on this? We would really appreciate it.

Last edited by Shagsdope; 03-07-2012 at 08:01. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-07-2012, 08:07
Silver Member

34 y/o Male from Australia
hux1ey is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 114, Level: 1 Points: 114, Level: 1 Points: 114, Level: 1
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

I'm no Doctor, but I'm pretty sure that's the last part of your body you want to be risking with an IV related abscess or infection - what with your neck being the main arterial and nervous system thoroughfare for your entire body, yeah that could get nasty (as in serious hospital time).

Seriously, I don't recommend it.

Post Quality Evaluations:
how true, too risky
Absolutely, infection is why the neck is off limits.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:13
Silver Member

34 y/o Male from Finland
fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.
Points: 895, Level: 4 Points: 895, Level: 4 Points: 895, Level: 4
Activity: 5.8% Activity: 5.8% Activity: 5.8%

^ That. While it gives a slightly faster onset in my experience (almost instant instead of couple of seconds), I wouldn't really say it's any more intense though, and the risk vs. reward... like hux1ey said. I would think it like this: you can amputate an arm or a leg, but amputating your head is kinda awkward, don't you think?

good point, not too cute without a head
Old 03-07-2012, 08:21
Titanium Member

40 y/o Male from United States
Grimace probably knows what they are talking about.Grimace probably knows what they are talking about.Grimace probably knows what they are talking about.Grimace probably knows what they are talking about.Grimace probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 576, Level: 3 Points: 576, Level: 3 Points: 576, Level: 3
Activity: 13.3% Activity: 13.3% Activity: 13.3%
It's is extremely risky. Here is some excellent information:
http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71285

great looking out for the OP, real harm reduction link
Old 03-07-2012, 09:53

Thanks guys. But I've pretty much covered all of those things with her. I've even told her that the friends that do it that way probably have to because that's the only place they have left to hit. She's a pretty smart girl, like I said she's plenty aware of the dangers etc...but she's obviously willing to risk it for more of a rush I suppose. She's a total rush junkie, never really cared about the "legs" of the dope just the initial blast. She says "the best rushs are the ones when you don't think you're gonna make it". I know crazy, right? I'm sure she's probably gonna find out for herself anyways. I'm just gonna tell her something along the lines of what fehs said. I'm gonna say that it's not that it's exactly more intense just that it's more instant which seems like it could be more intense but it's actually just a faster blast...

Shagsdope added 28 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

I don't know though. I kind of got to thinking about it and does seem like it would be more intense because it's going straight to the head all at once instead of through the arm and then the heart then whatever might come before or after the aforementioned. And by the time it gets to the head it's thin and more spread out or dispersed I guess. It's seems like it would be somewhat more intense, isn't the jugular vein the main way we get blood to the rest of our head like our brain. Aren't dopamines or whatever there called stored in the brain?? If so it seems like if all the meth injected took the shortest way to the dopamine it wouldn't be so thinned out and therefore it could attack those dopamine cells(or whatever they're called) more at once. Which seems like it would make it more "intense" or "better". But like I said, I don't know though. And I'm more than likely wrong as I am not a dr or scientist. Just my little theory I guess.

Last edited by Shagsdope; 03-07-2012 at 09:53. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-07-2012, 10:06
Silver Member

47 y/o Male from USA - California
beentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPAC
Points: 7,575, Level: 12 Points: 7,575, Level: 12 Points: 7,575, Level: 12
Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3%

we can only hope to share some sound harm reduction in the name of safer use.
is the risk worth the rush, no and I know that sooner or later the rig will miss the target vein and send a mass of crap under the skin, this would be a huge bruise if we were in the arm, it is not in the arm but in the brain. or close.
but okay.
Old 30-03-2013, 18:47
Silver Member

44 y/o Male from United States
equitube is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 76, Level: 1 Points: 76, Level: 1 Points: 76, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

I recently was on a huge binge (a friend came into big money and was generous) and decided to hit the carotid (i believe that's the one, r side of neck)

correction: after researching it was actually one of the external jugular veins I hit.

did it in a mirror while shaking (bad idea) I hit, it practically registered itself, the rush was instantaneous (as soon as I started to push the plunger) and intense.

That being said, I did it a few more times (we were doing so much quantity most of it crappy dope) it left bad bruising (looked like some big hickies) and the last time I attempted it, I missed, I still have a lump there, although it's getting smaller and didn't abcess thankfully. The rushes diminished each time and I realized just how crazy, reckless and stupid I was to attempt that while alone and tweaked. I could have easily introduced deadly bacteria directly into my brain or died of an air embolism (nearly injected several pts of air.

My conclusion, if one thinks of trying this method DON'T! If you really want to Hold a sharp, potentially deadly object to your neck, try a knife or gun, it's probably cleaner and quicker.

Last edited by equitube; 31-03-2013 at 03:45. Reason: listed incorrect arterey (
Old 30-03-2013, 18:57
Silver Member

44 y/o Male from United States
equitube is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 76, Level: 1 Points: 76, Level: 1 Points: 76, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosesalt View Post
Is equitube trolling here or what? Or just seriously demented?
"trolling" ? Equi doesn't think so. I have been a contributor to this site for a few years now. The experiences I just related are absolutely true and happened within the last 2 weeks. I am always available for discussion see my profile for IM/messaging options

Calm and reasoned response to the question posed.

Share this on:

Tags
injection, meth, methamphetamine