Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Methamphetamine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 01-07-2012, 04:37

Female from United States
curious cat should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
what to expect when injecting meth into a damaged vain

Veins are already damaged from repeated injections some successful most not so much and of course a rig that was accidently bent due to hitting it against the sink while cleaning didn't notice till it was to late went in ok no register so while pulling out to try again it got snagged and caused ugly brusing and bleeding not realizing what the problem was made another attempt same snagging after the damage was done and a few days pass most of the bruiseing is gone and with it
the memory of the abuse made another attempt with a new rig tried for the outside of the elbow went in smooth registered pushed the plunger down slowly and pulled out applied pressure seemed like a everything went fine except there was no rus
h at all then slight pain started and a small lump appeared then got bigger within 15 mins it was a huge lump like missed the whole 15 of meth took a shower n put a heating pad on lump went down but still tingles n burns could it be that the vein was so damaged from the bent rig that it isn't working anymore n the whole shot is just sitting there with nowhere to go what
should be done besides not using that vein ever again if blood registered does that mean its still savable if left alone

curious cat added 8 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

Only thing I can think of is the vein is so full of scar tissue that its almost closed and couldn't handle the shot or it could have just went right thru after registering and missed under the vein really need peace of mind

Post Quality Evaluations:
please use some form of punctuation, this is next to impossible to read

Last edited by curious cat; 01-07-2012 at 04:37. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-07-2012, 06:14
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from Canada
opiatesluff is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
Re: what to expect when injecting meth into a damaged vain

First of all I don't understand why you would even consider injecting in a damaged vain. Individual who are injecting meth are putting themselves at risk constantly due to potential vein damage. Meth use causes veins to tighten and shrink which causes the heart to work harder.

Because the veins shrink, an individual can find it hard to find a vein to inject into which can leaded to misses and vein damage. If an meth user injects frequently enough into the same veins, these veins can become inflamed and begin to decay which can lead to collapses veins and abscesses. Abscesses can become even worse due to the toxic chemicals that meth is made of.

You shoud seek medical attention for these reason.

take care !
Old 01-07-2012, 07:10

know it was a bad idea but at the time it didn't really matter until afterwards when realized it wasn't worth the risks but by then it was already to late what's done is done lesson learned now just want to know what could happen best and worse
casejust to have an idea of what to prepare for area is no longer swollen thanks to the heat and elevation but still hurts to
move arm around to much when pressing and feeling around the injection site there's a stinging pain pretty
sure since its only been 9 hours soreness and pain is to be expected has this ever happend to anyone where you had no other option but to use a vein that you knew was hurt but hit it anyway and ended up in pain bcuz of it ?
Old 01-07-2012, 15:35
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from Canada
opiatesluff is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

SWIY should seek help while it's still time, from what I've read SWIY have a full blown IV meth addiction.
This could really be lethal on the long run .

Stop injecting now espec in the swollen areas.
Old 01-07-2012, 17:22

I have stopped I'm not looking forward to this type of thing happening again I just don't want to go to the er if I don't have to I was hoping someone on this site has experienced something like this and can let me kno how they handled it so far no luck so I. Guess I'm just gonna start asking random people til my symptoms get better or worse ill know when its time to seek treatment but if it can be taken care of with a hot compress and some motrin id like to b told that instead of waiting 8 hours in the er for them to tell me that so far I'm doing better then yesterday I'm just curious as to what went wrong
Old 01-07-2012, 20:49
Silver Member

Male from Earth
edDafuss is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 107, Level: 1 Points: 107, Level: 1 Points: 107, Level: 1

Sending positive vibes your way curious cat.
First thing you have to do is just bring it down a notch or two. Get plenty of cold water in you and eat something light and healthy. Some fruit perhaps, toast...

O.k. just stay on that course. Repeat to yourself all is well. Nice clam breathing.

I don't use drugs, and I know you're not going to believe this, but my cat Dr. J whom we also call seven has been using METH over twenty years and has been using the needle about 6+ years up today. Now quickly on to the issue(s) at hand.

Now this is can only be construed as friendly advice. You are ultimately going to have to make the judgment call.

Dr. J is telling me with out seeing the area first hand it hard to make a prognosis but in genaral you should be ok. Keep are clean, Don't use this area for (I.V) use. Don't mess with it (picking at it,etc.) A hot compress couldn't hurt now and again.

Dr. J had a miss in uncharted territory one time. The strangest thing he said, never felt the burn (which you will if you miss) and injected around 50 units into his forearm. I remember he looked like he was in a lot of pain. Within 10 min or so it was almost the whole length of that part of his furry arm had to shave to get a better look at.

After some time It was like a knot under the skin the size of a silver dollar for what seemed like months. Now looking at it today there is no knot lump or anything. So hand in there.

Now I'm not sure hoW productive it is for me to tell you that " you should seek help..... cause you have a full blown meth addiction"
That could be taking the wrong way. But what I will suggest my freind is there needs to be more thought and planning here. More understanding of Situation and cuircumstance. There is ON THIS SITE wonderful info on proper injection etc. And there are Social Groups dedicated to this exact ....procedure. (I almost called it an art) lol the other thing is nutrition plays a big part in recovery of ones body from useage and maintaining a functioning mind through out the years.

Good luck. If you need to go to the ER then get there. Ask youself is this my type of drug and if so be smarter about your travels And for GODS sakes CAT be safe. You found this site and that could be half the battle right there. And don't forget what curiosity did to the cat. Dr. J says Be smart be sake. 777

P.S try and keep your arm covered up, like with a long sleeve shirt.

good advice
Old 01-07-2012, 22:07
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
trdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,537, Level: 12 Points: 7,537, Level: 12 Points: 7,537, Level: 12
Activity: 3.5% Activity: 3.5% Activity: 3.5%

Curious cat, if you don't want to go to the ER (emergency room) because of cost and or you don't feel "bad" enough, at least just get an appointment with your doctor. Also because of the situation if you can't get an appointment right away (like tomorrow) and don't want to pay for the ER, you can always and SHOULD go to the urgent care. They cost with no insurance, but not as much as the ER or not living.

I am not trying to scare you into doing this, I am just being honest. People are telling you (specifically the first reply) that this is not a good thing. If the heart is working harder then stroke or heart attack is possible. Getting yourself medically evaluated could catch a problem that if not caught could be extremely dangerous to deadly.

If you want to wait for someone with experience then it's your choice, but how about if you make an appointment for tomorrow with regular doctor or at least go to the urgent care or even more the ER if you start noticing symptoms of stroke or heart attack before you can be seen by your regular doctor. No one wants to tell their doctor that they are doing drugs, but it beats not being around at all.

As far as your meth addiction, yes it seems that this incident scared you from doing it again, but trust me, most addicts but specifically IV addicts (from personal knowledge and experience) only stay away from what is dangerous until they feel they are safe for sure. After that, it's right back to doing something dangerous. It usually either ends in a trip to the ER in an ambulance or to the morgue. If you are shooting meth and injecting into damaged veins, it is time to seek professional help before it's to late and you have a RIP next to your name and another candles light has went out.

you were right about going back after the fear subsides
Old 04-07-2012, 08:41

Ok I calmed down ate some food drank sum pedialyte lots actualy haven't fixed since just been trying to get my my strengh back doing good so far my bf is also taking a break id rather call it that instead of saying quiting that's unrealalistic and well just bull cuz its hard to compleatly stop but it. Takes alot to make an effort and hold on to your decision even if it is just for a month or 2 that's. A big improvement anyway I'm proud and relived that all my symptoms dissapeared. And I haven't went back to fixing I'm on my period and going thru withdrawls at the same time I feel like I'm dying and if it wasn't for my bf and my family and friends that I live with ok and the morphine pills id probley be fixing but I'm not and I'm healing bought all kinds of veggies n fruits for my new j e diet I'm getting back on I'm. Serious about starting new I want to expand my family and be strong like I know I can be my habit isn't gonna go away overnight even I know this but with the support of my family who doesn't know my secret and the hope of adding to it I just know this littlest bump in my road will be in my rearview mirror adding to the pages of my past arming me with the knowledge I require to prevent frutre complications I thank those who took the time and energy to respond not just to to tell me I'mg annd or stupid and should stop ya ya ya all that is expected and usually ignored but to thosr who actually cared without knowing me or my situation and wernt quick to judge I thamk you with all I have left in me bcuz that's exactly what I needed I I wanted to be told noyt to do drugs and go for help then I would have turned to non other then my mom my rock who has never touched a drug beside weed in her 59. Years of life I turned here becuz I assumed I would be greeted with open arms n be given wise advise instead of the disapointing responses I've been getting I'm 24 years old but that doesn't mean I thinl like one I don't have any friends... that I trust for that matter just thought I can get some some real support from other people who know what it like to be living a secret life and be tired of it

curious cat added 4 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

Just check my spelling I'm on my cell and my pain pills but I ment everyord sorry so sloppy

Last edited by curious cat; 04-07-2012 at 08:41. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-07-2012, 17:57
Silver Member

28 y/o Female from United States
whatsmynameagain is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 133, Level: 1 Points: 133, Level: 1 Points: 133, Level: 1

dont let the negativity get to ya. ive been there with the bad veins and it sucs ass. my veins on my arms from nuckle to arm pit on both sides have shrunk up and hid. i could only use a vein a few times before it dissapeared. but i think that when the rig was snagging, after it getting bent probably fucked the tip of the needle up. ive done that a couple times. and have had the same thing happen as far as registering but seems like it just soaked through my vein. i started having worse and worse shit happen from slamming to where i got completely turned off from it. hope all goes well with you

we can relate on the abused veins that are on the verge of giving up on us and how that doesn't seem to be enough to give up compleatly its all,getting alil tiresome for me as well I hope everything works out for u as well
Old 07-07-2012, 09:09

Yea well everything is back to normal marks and lumps gone ate good been on a fruit n veggie juice diet ever since trying to build strengh back up gave in today with my pic decided to do it right first time so there isn't any poking marathons choose wrist and did everthing right with success rush, cough no lump or pain after for the first time in ages things went well same for pic ( partner in crime) lol both kinda surprised how quick and problem free the session went now we both just doing our own thing enjoying the ride just wanted to let everyone kno things turned ok not using as often cutting back not using the same old damaged veins deciding to slow and eventually stop using this way alltogether its a process one that takes dedication and inner strenght both of which I
luckly know alil bit about so to those who said I have a full blown iv meth addiction only know what I have told em no more no less so not gonna let the negitive feed back bother one bit I kno the differnce between a user and a lost soul just ran into a bump in the road and needed advise the positive feed back is greatly appreciated and always
welcomed wether people like to admit it or not people are gona use drugs all differnt kinds and ways this is suppose to be where they can come and get real advise from real users who been there done that and know exactly what to do and can reassure the newbes that are freaking out what can be done and tell those who were seeking answers that were told don't use drugs in the first place get help your an addict go to the hospital your going to die that's not going to fix anything or anyone they are usually desprate and can't turn to anyone else around them need to know they are not alone and there's hope I'm always gona try to be that one ray of hope to those who feel they've lost all traces of it and help with what I can when I can with the years of experience I've acquired feel like it can help someone make better choices when it comes to drugs in general feel free to ask and always expect an answer that's truthfull and with much respect

Over 400 words with no punctuation to break it up, and you expect this to be readable to others? Please make an effort to ensure your posts are legible to others in future.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:11

juststartingout is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

I have had the same thing happen a few times. Usually with small veins like the side of the wrist or side of foot. These veins are very sensitive but very easy to hit. I have had my wrist kinda sore from day before or a failed attempt and I will try it again, then a lump comes up even though don't feel burning.

When this happens, the area will swell, be sore, and even be red and warm to touch. I use a lot of hot compresses and just let time heal. Eventually it will heal and be fine, I had that happen about 3 weeks ago and I still have a slight knot. Don't use that vein again for any reason until the knot is completely totally gone and the skin is back to normal. You will for sure get an abscess if you use vein again - trust me I have made that mistake before!

Share this on:

Tags
damaged veins, injecting methamphetamine, meth

» New Threads
Rand Paul Files Asset Forfeiture...
Last post by onlyliveoncetwice
1 Replies, 51 Views
Addicted to Loperamide-New Year,...
Last post by Nefret
192 Replies, 11,427 Views
Brown GBL - A health risk?
Last post by mess clean