Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills > Benzodiazepines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Benzodiazepines All about benzodiazepines (downers)

Old 30-06-2012, 21:39
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
FastMike5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 73, Level: 1 Points: 73, Level: 1 Points: 73, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
VALIUM what is the best generic?

Hi There

I was prescribed valium 10mg by my dentist along with xanax because my insurance wont pay for the sedation.

My question is which generic manufacture is the best? and how does a 10mg valium compare to say a 2mg xanax? Is it worth paying more for name brand valium? Which generic should I get?

Any information is greatly appreciated

Thank you
Old 30-06-2012, 21:48
Banned

38 y/o Male from Scotland
Aberdonian should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Re: VALIUM what is the best generic?

teva makes a good generic in my view, best iv had so far had a few but dont remember names so just always ask for teva when i go in

Aberdonian added 0 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

tevas fent is shit tho, so may be better generics in states

Last edited by Aberdonian; 30-06-2012 at 21:48. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-07-2012, 04:53
Titanium Member

Female from United States
hypernihl is on the way uphypernihl is on the way uphypernihl is on the way up
Points: 409, Level: 3 Points: 409, Level: 3 Points: 409, Level: 3
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%

Not sure , but due do not get your generics from Walmart.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:58
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from United States
George9617 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 115, Level: 1 Points: 115, Level: 1 Points: 115, Level: 1
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%

Roche brand generics' only rarely would a Walmart have it. That would be my favourite spot
Old 01-07-2012, 05:26
Silver Member

FastMike5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 73, Level: 1 Points: 73, Level: 1 Points: 73, Level: 1

So far i've heard teva and roche are the brands to get.

Still like to know how a 10mg valium compares to a 2mg xanax
Old 01-07-2012, 14:14
Banned

sorry cant help u there my doc will not prescribe xanax under any circumstances, only valium cos of its long half life

Aberdonian added 1 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

roche are good too but scarce here iv had 25mg pink roche valium but those are like hens teeth to find

Last edited by Aberdonian; 01-07-2012 at 14:14. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-07-2012, 20:28
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from United States
George9617 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 115, Level: 1 Points: 115, Level: 1 Points: 115, Level: 1
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastMike5 View Post
So far i've heard teva and roche are the brands to get.

Still like to know how a 10mg valium compares to a 2mg xanax
.5 mg alprazolam is equal to 10 mg Valium

http://www.benzo.org.uk/bzequiv.htm
Old 01-07-2012, 22:18
Silver Member

Male from Portugal
Baba Blacksheep is on the way upBaba Blacksheep is on the way upBaba Blacksheep is on the way up
Points: 419, Level: 3 Points: 419, Level: 3 Points: 419, Level: 3
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Cox used to be the best generic diazepam that the ferret has ever tried and rated the recipe above even Roche Valium. Teva wasn't that good in ferret's opinion but the ferret is prescribed generic diazepam by Activas and is happy with those.
Alprazolam is not a favorite of the ferret but rates Lorazepam (Ativan) above it as a short acting benzodiazepine.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:27
Banned

thats the other name i was looking for actavis ,they are good also come in a small blue box here much smaller strips than teva,
Old 03-07-2012, 11:52
Solinari Solinari is nu online
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.Solinari really knows their shit.
Points: 1,474, Level: 5 Points: 1,474, Level: 5 Points: 1,474, Level: 5
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Blacksheep View Post
Cox used to be the best generic diazepam that the ferret has ever tried and rated the recipe above even Roche Valium. Teva wasn't that good in ferret's opinion but the ferret is prescribed generic diazepam by Activas and is happy with those.
Alprazolam is not a favorite of the ferret but rates Lorazepam (Ativan) above it as a short acting benzodiazepine.
That's handy because Actavis are COX which were bought by Alphapharm which in turn were acquired by Actavis and this happened maybe 10 years ago or so. That's why the pill looks identical with the markings if I recall the front have DA | 2 - White, DB | 5 - yellow, DC | 10 - blue. With the other side being blank and no longer has COX imprinted in to them for obvious reasons. So if you ever come across "COX" they are fake and have been for some time.

http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/news-rel...156206645.html

Teva are an Israeli pharmaceutical company and make quality pharmaceuticals, in fact they all do. I really don't see what difference it makes, I really don't. They are all generic anyway are they not? Valium as a brand don't exist any more right? At least that's my understanding.

Since this is the US we are talking about and not the UK I can't really think of any manufacturers apart from Mylan, that's all I can think of in the US. There are many pharmaceutical companies both international and domestic but there are even more who simply repackage.

All reputable pharmaceutical manufacturers will produce quality products and they are obliged to follow the standards of the United States Pharmacopoeia and National Formulary so I really don't think it's going to make that much difference. The only thing I can think of is the cost, I was horrified when I learned that someone pays $1 for one single 1mg generic aplrazolam tablet at a pharmacy, I had no idea it was so expensive. Cost is not an issue in the UK but the same standards must be followed only we have to follow the British Pharmacopoeia. That being said people do have their preferences and if it's placebo or real then what's the harm. I know I preferred Sandoz temazepam to the alternative which was called "Generics Pharma" or something, I can't find it on Google because the results are all about generics generally and not about the name, those in the UK may be familiar with the tablets with a G on one side, well those ones.

Last edited by Solinari; 03-07-2012 at 12:05.
Old 04-07-2012, 18:20
Silver Member

Male from Portugal
Baba Blacksheep is on the way upBaba Blacksheep is on the way upBaba Blacksheep is on the way up
Points: 419, Level: 3 Points: 419, Level: 3 Points: 419, Level: 3
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Thats interesting about Cox and Actavis, I did think they were as good as one another.
I do believe there are differences between makers of generic drug forms but that is probably due to fillers and what not and how quickly it is released.
Old 05-07-2012, 18:03
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.
Points: 958, Level: 4 Points: 958, Level: 4 Points: 958, Level: 4
Activity: 7.6% Activity: 7.6% Activity: 7.6%

My generic for Valium has been Teva for almost a year now. Solid brand, works perfect.

Not much else to add, just thought I'd give some first hand testimony. I'd trust that name.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:45
Silver Member

fizzle is on the way upfizzle is on the way upfizzle is on the way up
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solinari View Post
Valium as a brand don't exist any more right? At least that's my understanding.
I believe that brand name Valium does exist. This is based on the ability to obtain Roche made Klonopin (the pills with the K cut out of the middle, in the U.S. only I think). Having not come across much diazepam I cannot confirm, but I do not see why they would stop making it.
Old 07-07-2012, 03:42
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.
Points: 958, Level: 4 Points: 958, Level: 4 Points: 958, Level: 4
Activity: 7.6% Activity: 7.6% Activity: 7.6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzle View Post
I believe that brand name Valium does exist. This is based on the ability to obtain Roche made Klonopin (the pills with the K cut out of the middle, in the U.S. only I think). Having not come across much diazepam I cannot confirm, but I do not see why they would stop making it.
Generics are just a result of expiring patents on drugs. And as so they usually come cheaper. It's like buying knock off Nyquil brands. Like the ones that are exactly the same, just CVS/wal-green brand, and much cheaper - but probably equally effective. Since the generics are typically cheaper most health insurance plans or pharmacies will cover generics. People often prefer them too due to price. Unless a company is epic fail, there is really no reason generics should be greatly inferior to the 'originals'. I can imagine some generic brands manage to be below par though, but I don't think that is the common finding. I think in most cases the provided generic is sufficient. So it really is just another company doing exactly what the first did, now they just have the privy legal rights to do so. Whereas when say Valium first came out and had a patent, they reaped all the mainstream sales of the drug under their brand. So others just wait to grab a hold of it and make it cheaper. Of course the initial brand name is gonna be trying to make more of a buck on debut of a new drug.

Someone could correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure that is the rhyme and reason behind generics overall. In some cases you might even be able to opt and choose to use the real brand name...but so far for all my medications I've had, I don't see how that would have been logical. Would have costed more than my viable generics. Food for thought when considering generics and if you think they are 'decent' enough relative to the original brand name. Original brand name is overrated imo. It is like the difference between a white shirt and a white shirt with a Nike sign if you ask me. Since were not styling with our prescriptions, the fact it covers the body makes the generic sufficient in most cases....unless you just buy a shirt from a no-name brand with god awful material no good company would ever use - it does happen. Had to wrap that analogy up.

Post Quality Evaluations:
The info is correct, roche gave the patent up due to generic productions being cheaper also alprazolam became the next generation replacement
Old 23-11-2013, 00:04

Male from USA - Michigan
chronicroaster should review received reputation comments.
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1

Roches are the best. Mylan is pretty shitty.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Useless one-liner without explanation. Expand upon your posts in the future. You've been here for over six years and should know this. In addition, this thread hasn't been posted in for more than a year.

Share this on:

» New Threads
Inspire
Last post by bignose1
0 Replies, 1 Views
My phenibut trials. Non-responder?
Last post by batman12
12 Replies, 382 Views
Codeine Vs Tramadol
Last post by Trying Again
3 Replies, 64 Views
ive finally jumped from 20 year...