Notices

DXM Dextromethorphan

Old 25-06-2012, 21:20

52 y/o Female from Earth
AngelN is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 119, Level: 1 Points: 119, Level: 1 Points: 119, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
DXM which Plateau/nausea with this Alice in Wonderland potion

Hello this is my first post. My cat had a cough that just wouldn't go away so I got her some generic robitussin that had an alcohol only added to it. Silly cat was tired of coughing so drank about 6 cap fulls. She became very happy and didn't cough for days. She also noticed euphoria and a new dancing and singing ability. She was a very happy kitty with no hangovers.

About 6 days later I bought her some more medicine this time Robitussin brand and she drank the whole bottle as she wanted to try this out a bit more. She was slightly nauseated but did not vomit. This time the effects were stronger, her pupils dialiated, no visions but had the strange affect when walking and going up and down steps and was a bit out of it. My kitty has never had pot or even cat nip before and was quite impressed. She took this about 10 PM and had to be at work at 10 AM. Her bubby took her to work where she was a little out of it for about an hour but held it together with no one the wiser.

Six days later she decided to buy 2 bottles of a drug store Tussin that had alcohol and some yucky menthol in it. She took this an hour after eating just a bowl of cereal at 12:00, downed one bottle and at 12:30 drank the other bottle. My kitty weighs about 198.

She noticed her kitty face felt tingly and mouth too. She wanted to watch youtube videos so I allowed her. AFter about 30 minutes it was really kicking in and the computer was getting on her nerves so we cut it off and just layed down. The next phase hit pretty hard. She felt pretty nauseated and stumbled into the bathroom and puked twice flushed and then puked 2 more times. AFter that no more nausea and laid back down. She reported that she was seeing different bright colors coming and going beautiful colors. She stumbled back to the bathroomholding on to the walls to balance, and had to pee and though while there she even saw a beautiful gingam purple and grey pattern. She then seemed to feel energy going through her head and arms down. At one point she felt 2 people were looking for her. She asked them where was Jesus and they said He has risen. After that she woke herself up a time or two hearing her own self breathe. She began trying to get herself together about 5 PM and noticed how off it felt yet fun going up and down steps. About 7 she attempted to be normal and go out to eat with her kitty family. Her pupils were dialiated and she could not read the menu and had to work hard to talk and make an effort to think things out before speaking, she was very quiet. She was glad she did not have to be at work until the next night at 5:00.

My kitty was wondering did spacing out the medication make this a harder trip, did it make her sick doing it that way or did she just take too much? She also wondered what plataeu she reached. She is very thankful for patience with a newby. Did puking alter the amount of mnedication absorbed?
Old 26-06-2012, 01:34

Male from United States
velvet acorn is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: DXM which Plateau/nausea with this Alice in Wonderland potion

sounds like your cat experienced a good 2nd plateau trip. spacing the medicine by just 30 minutes probably had no noticable effect. the nausea is just a part of taking dxm. when my friends used to do dxm they would usually just throw up after it kicked in, like your cat did, and this would eliminate the nausea. if puking altered the amount, it was likely negligible.
Old 27-06-2012, 02:23
Silver Member

Male from United States
PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.
Points: 1,091, Level: 5 Points: 1,091, Level: 5 Points: 1,091, Level: 5
Activity: 10.7% Activity: 10.7% Activity: 10.7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet acorn View Post
if puking altered the amount, it was likely negligible.
I don't know about that. If you vomit before your stomach has absorbed all the DXM, then you usually end up puking up some amount of DXM. I know this from personal experience.

Vomiting is often an inescapable part of using DXM. One way to beat the nausea is to take a a therapeutic dose of diphenhydramine a little before the DXM. Just be careful because diphenhydramine potentaiates DXM, so you should take a little less DXM or else you may end up in an uncomfortably intense trip.
Old 27-06-2012, 03:50

52 y/o Female from Earth

I will think about the generic benadryl for my kitty. I have some crackers to get down her tummy first, the 2 bottles of the grape flavored DXM with no alcohol or menthol that she had the best luck with, and I have orange juice for a chaser for my kitty. I was told in my reading this would help her.

I'm guessing I will spread the 2 bottles out again by 30 minutes for her..I had considered just giving her a bottle and half which if she took the added drug may be enough.
Old 29-06-2012, 05:55

52 y/o Female from Earth

Won't be tripping tomorrow. Had a migraine today and had to take Fioricet so I am guessing its a bad idea to mix the 2. Guess that will have to wait until next week. I am also still tying to figure how to enjoy phase 1 AND be able to get a high phase 2 very low phase 3. Seems you cannot have both. Thoughts on how to accomplish both phases?
Old 29-06-2012, 15:54
Palladium Member

38 y/o Female from United Kingdom
una_cavaletta really adds to the discussion.una_cavaletta really adds to the discussion.una_cavaletta really adds to the discussion.una_cavaletta really adds to the discussion.una_cavaletta really adds to the discussion.una_cavaletta really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,714, Level: 6 Points: 1,714, Level: 6 Points: 1,714, Level: 6
Activity: 3.9% Activity: 3.9% Activity: 3.9%

just a tip regarding nausea: I found that putting a small piece of peeled ginger root under my tongue pretty much erases all nausea. Suck on it for about ten minutes, then chew and swallow. I really like the taste of ginger so it's actually very nice, and I haven't vomited from DXM syrup yet, touch wood.
Old 29-06-2012, 17:04

52 y/o Female from Earth

I tooo love ginger thanks for the tip, and I know for a fact Ginger works, I have used the herbal pills for nausea decades ago for other things. THANKS!
Old 30-06-2012, 11:14
Banned

26 y/o Male from United States
blackey is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 204, Level: 2 Points: 204, Level: 2 Points: 204, Level: 2
Activity: 24.1% Activity: 24.1% Activity: 24.1%

ginger is the perfect thing to have for nausea. I started mixing cough syrup and ginger ale made with real ginger, thats easy to down and i never even felt nothin although i never really did but ginger ale helps it go down smooth if i ever had to drink robitussin again i would only do it that way, but no..never again i think ill find some pure xD
Old 04-07-2012, 02:48

52 y/o Female from Earth

My cat has had her crackers, robitussin and orange juice 30 minutes ago and is getting ready to take her second bottle with the oj and brush her teeth. Thinking positive.
Old 04-07-2012, 03:45
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

21 y/o Male from United States
mrcowman needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelN View Post
My cat has had her crackers, robitussin and orange juice 30 minutes ago and is getting ready to take her second bottle with the oj and brush her teeth. Thinking positive.
And what total dose is your cat going to be doing? Also [do not solicit for off-site contact]

Post Quality Evaluations:
Stop asking members for communications outside this site.

Last edited by MrG; 09-07-2012 at 08:59.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:19

52 y/o Female from Earth

Shes downed 2 bottles which is what like 700 and something total....the cat is certainly feeling affects now and is going to cut the lights off and enjoy the ride and pray the nausea wave subsides.

AngelN added 1393 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

This was my cats last trip EVER. The following is what he told me.

He said I promised God if he got me out of it I'd never use again. Not ready to talk about it it. Lets just say I accidentally got long acting cough medicine and I didn't know that....when I was laying there after downing 2 and not getting any visuals I got angry at myself Id wasted m,y money. Then it hit me like a freight train. I started dosing at 930 PM and only threw up a very very small amount much less than last.

The cat is just now coming down 25 hours later. She was way way way out there and this wont ever happen again, shes done.

Last edited by AngelN; 05-07-2012 at 03:19. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-07-2012, 08:53
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

21 y/o Male from United States
mrcowman needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

Quote:
Shes downed 2 bottles which is what like 700 and something total....the cat is certainly feeling affects now and is going to cut the lights off and enjoy the ride and pray the nausea wave subsides.

AngelN added 1393 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

This was my cats last trip EVER. The following is what he told me.

He said I promised God if he got me out of it I'd never use again. Not ready to talk about it it. Lets just say I accidentally got long acting cough medicine and I didn't know that....when I was laying there after downing 2 and not getting any visuals I got angry at myself Id wasted m,y money. Then it hit me like a freight train. I started dosing at 930 PM and only threw up a very very small amount much less than last.

The cat is just now coming down 25 hours later. She was way way way out there and this wont ever happen again, shes done.
I've had a few trips where I've gotten that feeling, It's lastin way too long and it's IMPOSSIBLE to do anything because the 48+ hours of extreme loss of coordination. I always swear off it too but then I end up thinking how good the first 12 hours are and miss the trip.
Old 08-07-2012, 17:49
Platinum Member & Advisor

34 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,441, Level: 20 Points: 19,441, Level: 20 Points: 19,441, Level: 20
Activity: 68.0% Activity: 68.0% Activity: 68.0%

This is why it is so important to research drugs before doing them, and spending the time to actually READ what has been written before.

I'm sorry, but the bottle you bought was CLEARLY labeled with it's contents, this was not an "accident" this was "incompetence"

Make sure you now what you are doing before ingesting drugs.
Old 08-07-2012, 20:07
Silver Member

Male from United States
PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.
Points: 1,091, Level: 5 Points: 1,091, Level: 5 Points: 1,091, Level: 5
Activity: 10.7% Activity: 10.7% Activity: 10.7%

Quote:
Lets just say I accidentally got long acting cough medicine and I didn't know that....
What do you mean by "long acting"? Do you mean that you got a syrup that contains DXM polystyrex as the main ingredient like Delsym? Or do you mean that the label just says long acting?

The generic cough syrup that I always buy from CVS is called "Adult Tussin Long-Acting Cough". The only active ingredient in this syrup is DXM HBr. The reason that it is called "Long-Acting" in this case is because it has a larger amount of DXM per dose.

It sounds to me like you just ingested a very large amount of DXM. The dose was larger this time since you didn't throw up much. It is possible to trip for a very long time, even on DXM HBr, if you take a very high dose that totally overloads the enzymes that metabolize DXM.
Old 10-07-2012, 23:22

52 y/o Female from Earth

Potter perhaps I assumed it was long acting because it said it was not Delsym. It Was NOT intentional or not incompetence. It said one dose went 6-8 hour so obviously it was NOT 12 hour Delsym. I had perhaps assumed 6-8 hours was long acting because the trip went so long. I have read PLENTY here, research WAY more than most so stop with the judgmental attitude Ok buddy? It does no one any good. *rolls eyes* I research EVERYTHING I buy from cough meds to cars to the 9th detail.

Thank you Powerful Medicine for the helpful information. The cat weighs about 195 so doing the math which I did do and research 2 bottles for the cats weight didn't seem like a lot. She had worked up from 1/2 bottle, t o one bottle, to 2 bottles (lost some) and then 2 bottles again.

I do think regular name brand robo seems to be the best. I think the generic Tussin with the Menthol is what bit my cat time before last.

AngelN added 7 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

@Powerful Medicine I believe the plateau reached clearly influenced the trip length instead as from everything I have read here over the last 6 weeks I was in a very solid high Plateau 3 that I had not reached last time thus the trip went longer than I had anticipated.

Last edited by AngelN; 10-07-2012 at 23:22. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Share this on:

Tags
dxm