Kratom Mitragyna speciosa

Old 21-06-2012, 02:06
Silver Member

21 y/o Male from United States
Fanatexe is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 75, Level: 1 Points: 75, Level: 1 Points: 75, Level: 1
Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5%
Taking Kratom on an empty stomach?

Hey everyone, the mouse in my garage has been taking bali for several months and still can't make up his mind if the effects are better when taking the kratom on an empty stomach or to take it on a full stomach?

I'm sorry if this question has been asked, but i'm new to the forum and couldn't seem to find what that would be posted in.
Old 21-06-2012, 02:39
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
trdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,537, Level: 12 Points: 7,537, Level: 12 Points: 7,537, Level: 12
Activity: 3.3% Activity: 3.3% Activity: 3.3%
Re: Taking Kratom on an empty stomach?

I guess the majority answer is it's best to take it on empty stomach.

I think when it comes to substances there is no absolute. Most people cannot sleep on kratom, and the more they take it the more they have to take because of tolerance. I can sleep on kratom and my usage goes down the more I take it. When I first started I took 10g three times a day, if I took more than 7 grams right now I would get a bad headache, throw up like crazy, and be REALLY out of it.

So, from everything I have read in directions for kratom and trip reports, taking kratom on an empty stomach is better for potency and length. For me, this is true. You just have to find how you as an individual feels with the substance. I know that some people have food recipes for kratom, so they are eating as they are taking it.

The overall answer is empty stomach.
Old 21-06-2012, 02:45
Titanium Member

Female from United States
hypernihl is on the way uphypernihl is on the way uphypernihl is on the way up
Points: 409, Level: 3 Points: 409, Level: 3 Points: 409, Level: 3
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanatexe View Post
Hey everyone, the mouse in my garage has been taking bali for several months and still can't make up his mind if the effects are better when taking the kratom on an empty stomach or to take it on a full stomach?

I'm sorry if this question has been asked, but i'm new to the forum and couldn't seem to find what that would be posted in.
In my experience taking kratom in gel caps, empty stomach is much more effective.
Old 21-06-2012, 03:11
Silver Member

Male from Earth
thirdeyelasik is captain of the psychonauts.thirdeyelasik is captain of the psychonauts.thirdeyelasik is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 313, Level: 2 Points: 313, Level: 2 Points: 313, Level: 2
Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2%

In my cats experience, taking kratom on an empty stomach proves to be much more effective than taking it after a meal. It feels like it kicks in stronger and makes him "well" quicker.The only time he doesn't like taking it on an empty stomach is first thing in the morning as it tends to make his stomach hurt. He eats a small meal in the morning and then takes it.
Old 21-06-2012, 07:31
Titanium Member

Male from United States
DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.
Points: 1,254, Level: 5 Points: 1,254, Level: 5 Points: 1,254, Level: 5
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Empty stomach for sure because there is nothing else in there to hold up or taper the processing of kratom.

Though in my experience, adding food an one hour or one and a half hours after Kratom has taken effect on an empty stomach, eating food tends to extend it a hair.
Old 21-06-2012, 17:05
Silver Member

Thank you so much for your input everyone, the mouse in my garage is very satisfied with this.
Old 21-06-2012, 19:20
Mercury Member

Shwags needs to UTFSE some more before posting.
Points: 46, Level: 1 Points: 46, Level: 1 Points: 46, Level: 1
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%

I am awaiting some kratom that I ordered for this first time. Was wondering, when I have eaten copious amounts of prescribed painkillers (hydros/oxys), If I were to eat them on a COMPLETELY empty stomach, it was a guarantee I would get nauseous. It usually mentions that specific side effect on empty stomach in the RX info. So kratom is not that way? Cause I know you can get nausea from it, I'm probably going to eat a small meal before I take it for the first time but lemme know if you guys see any relationship between empty stomach and likelihood of nausea. Peace.
Old 21-06-2012, 19:35
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,859, Level: 21 Points: 21,859, Level: 21 Points: 21,859, Level: 21
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

Kratom when taken on an empty stomach is broken down and its alkaloids extracted alone without competition from other foods being broken down and absorbed at the same time, so it makes for a faster absorbtion rate and therefore a stronger effect.
The downside is that for many people it can be very harsh on an empty stomach which can lead to nausea.

Ive not had this problem much, my stomach is pretty tough.
Its different for everyone.
Old 21-06-2012, 19:52
Silver Member

Today when the mouse in my garage woke up he went straight to his local store to try Maeng Da on a completely empty stomach, and not even a couple minutes after the effects had some extreme nausea kick in. He thought maybe it could be the kratom, but he grabbed a McChicken and everything was better. If he were to take kratom and then eat straight after would this effect the potency of the kratom? The mouse in my garage has noticed that when ever he smokes marijuana if he eats it sobers him up almost immediately, can kratom be like this too?
Old 21-06-2012, 19:57
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,859, Level: 21 Points: 21,859, Level: 21 Points: 21,859, Level: 21
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

Like i just said, if there is more in your stomach than the kratom then the kratom is not getting broken down as well and the effect wont be as strong. You would have to wait untill the kratom had taken effect before eating, but kratom taken on an empty stomach can be felt within 20 minutes if eaten/toss and washed and as soon as 10 minutes if taken as a tea, as the alkaloids are already extracted into water and easily absorbed.

Many people report the effects get a boost when a light meal is eaten about an hour after the kratom has kicked in.
Old 21-06-2012, 20:23
Banned

27 y/o Male from United States
DoctorGnarfsatchel needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

As Ian mentioned, I've found that the effects are heightened if a meal is eaten shortly after effects are felt. Does wonders for the nausea as well.
Old 21-06-2012, 23:40
Mercury Member

Nausea sucks soo much though, don't think I'm gonna risk that for a little extra effect, id rather take an extra gram or something. When I've gotten very nauseous on opiates due to my stomach contents it ruined the experience.
Old 24-06-2012, 05:36
Silver Member

Male from United States
seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.
Points: 1,536, Level: 5 Points: 1,536, Level: 5 Points: 1,536, Level: 5
Activity: 13.8% Activity: 13.8% Activity: 13.8%

The key is to take it on an empty stomach and then to eat food about an hour later, always gives SWIM a second Kratom rush when they eat an hour after and prevents nausea. Probably due to moving the Kratom around in the digestive system and therefore more break down/absorption.

Certainly don't take it on a full stomach or the Kratom will release much slower, i.e. a waste of Kratom.
Old 29-06-2012, 02:17
Mercury Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianzombie View Post
Like i just said, if there is more in your stomach than the kratom then the kratom is not getting broken down as well and the effect wont be as strong.
But how come that same principle doesn't apply to other opioids? Cause it definitely doesn't...

I mean, maybe if you stuff yourself silly before eating some vicodin it might lessen the effects, but generally speaking I have found that eating before taking traditional opioids is better and certainly does not reduce their effect in any way. In fact, I have read on this board that eating foods that are high in fat content actually potentiates oxycodone. Kratom is simply different in this regard?
Old 29-06-2012, 02:34
Titanium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwags View Post
But how come that same principle doesn't apply to other opioids? Cause it definitely doesn't...

I mean, maybe if you stuff yourself silly before eating some vicodin it might lessen the effects, but generally speaking I have found that eating before taking traditional opioids is better and certainly does not reduce their effect in any way. In fact, I have read on this board that eating foods that are high in fat content actually potentiates oxycodone. Kratom is simply different in this regard?
Kratom is not in a form that is made to dissolve in your stomach like Vicodin and other pharmaceuticals. It is usually dried plant material containing an active ingredient. Eventually you should get all of the active ingredient, but you are just getting it so slow that you never really get the effects you are looking for.

Your stomach has to break down the plant material to get to these active ingredients. Of course, you can speed up this process, by making teas, etc.

I've only taken capsules containing powdered Kratom, and I certainly get more of the active ingredient on an empty stomach.
Old 29-06-2012, 03:03
Mercury Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypernihl View Post
Kratom is not in a form that is made to dissolve in your stomach like Vicodin and other pharmaceuticals. It is usually dried plant material containing an active ingredient. Eventually you should get all of the active ingredient, but you are just getting it so slow that you never really get the effects you are looking for.

Your stomach has to break down the plant material to get to these active ingredients. Of course, you can speed up this process, by making teas, etc.

I've only taken capsules containing powdered Kratom, and I certainly get more of the active ingredient on an empty stomach.

Word, I just took quite a few capsules on a somewhat full stomach. Not intentionally, but I just hadn't eaten all day and then ate some stuff, and then my krat came in the mail and I took some. I initially took 7 grams (which alone would be a standard - somewhat heavy dose for me) and did not really feel that kick so took 3 more grams, and then 3 more. Thats the most Ive ever taken in a short span of time, but I can now say I feel absolutely wonderful. It seems food in the stomach definitely slows down the process, and extends the duration, but it still seems like it works quite well. But in the future I will try to plan doses so that I eat a bit after taking them, as opposed to right before.
Old 29-06-2012, 03:15
Titanium Member

Quote:
Word, I just took quite a few capsules on a somewhat full stomach. Not intentionally, but I just hadn't eaten all day and then ate some stuff, and then my krat came in the mail and I took some. I initially took 7 grams (which alone would be a standard - somewhat heavy dose for me) and did not really feel that kick so took 3 more grams, and then 3 more. Thats the most Ive ever taken in a short span of time, but I can now say I feel absolutely wonderful. It seems food in the stomach definitely slows down the process, and extends the duration, but it still seems like it works quite well. But in the future I will try to plan doses so that I eat a bit after taking them, as opposed to right before.
Glad it worked out for you. You can try making a tea, I think that would drastically increase the absorption on a full stomach. If your using capsules just empty the powdered plant material into some water and bring it to a boil. You can either filter out the plant material or drink it. I would drank it as I do not find the taste of Kratom unpleasant.
Old 29-06-2012, 05:30
Mercury Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypernihl View Post
Glad it worked out for you. You can try making a tea, I think that would drastically increase the absorption on a full stomach. If your using capsules just empty the powdered plant material into some water and bring it to a boil. You can either filter out the plant material or drink it. I would drank it as I do not find the taste of Kratom unpleasant.
Its that easy to make the tea? I have definitely been thinking about it. All you do is boil it in water, and than filter it? That's it?
Old 29-06-2012, 12:45
Silver Member

Male from United States
seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.seaturtle really knows their shit.
Points: 1,536, Level: 5 Points: 1,536, Level: 5 Points: 1,536, Level: 5
Activity: 13.8% Activity: 13.8% Activity: 13.8%

Quote:
Its that easy to make the tea? I have definitely been thinking about it. All you do is boil it in water, and than filter it? That's it?
Basically, adding lemon juice helps increase extraction.

Share this on:

Tags
kratom, kratom administration, kratom alkaloids, kratom nausea