Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Amphetamine Amphetamine AKA speed

 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 16-06-2012, 21:50
Salt Salt is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 30-05-2012
21 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 18
Salt is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Vyvanse not working well for me.

Hello,

I'm diagnosed with Inattentive ADD before anybody asks...

I was just switched to 50mg Vyvanse from 30mg Adderall XR yesterday and today was my first time taking it. I have a pretty well-built tolerance to Adderall now because I was actually sticking to 45-60mg a day and I only weigh 155 pounds, so these were pretty high doses to me.

I had a routine to get the most out of the Amphetamine buzz; taking an antacid and drinking a soda (for the caffeine because coffee is gross) 30 minutes before taking the Adderall. I would drink another soda about three hours after the first to lessen the crash (my Adderall crashes are terrible and generally happen about five hours after taking, even with XR). I would also eat hardly anything throughout the day, but I would feel fine running off of 1500 calories as long as I slept for at least eight hours.

Today I took my first 50mg Vyvanse at 12:45 PM, it is now 4:25 PM and I still feel hardly anything. I read that it takes a much longer time to peak than Adderall but the most I've felt is an extremely mild buzz that lasted maybe 10 minutes. I ate a relatively normal meal (it was a large meal to me because I don't eat a lot) when I woke up because I was unusually hungry and I didn't take the antacid either.

So should I continue with a routine similar to my old one? Why am I not feeling anything more than a strong caffeine buzz? Should I jump to 100mg every other day instead of 50mg every day?

I'm not just euphoria hunting either, I can't even focus on my online course today. The euphoria is just a personal benefit.

Sorry if this is poorly written, I can't really think straight right now.

Salt added 15 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

Figured I should post some health related information:

Height: 74 and 3/4 inches
Weight: 155 pounds
Gender: Male
Blood Pressure: 117/70
Resting Heartrate: 57 while not on meds, 70 while on meds
General: I don't use anything outside of the speed family, and I've yet to try anything stronger than ADD meds. This means no weed, pain meds, etc. apart from generic stuff like Aspirin and Benadryl.

My doctor also mentioned pushing me up to a neurologist depending on how the Vyvanse works; he thinks it may be a psychological problem instead of ADD.

Last edited by Salt; 16-06-2012 at 21:50. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  #2  
Old 16-06-2012, 21:55
MindSlave MindSlave is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 15-12-2011
23 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 105
MindSlave is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 133, Level: 1 Points: 133, Level: 1 Points: 133, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
Re: Vyvanse not working well for me.

I'm sorry if I'm straying from your original questions, but you get a buzz from your medication although you were diagnosed ADD? When I was 5 years old I was diagnosed and I must say the only thing that I have ever gotten an "upper" high from was meth. Anything else that would typically provide someone energy chills me out. Thus ritalin, vyvanse, adderal, concerta...you name it I've tried it and all of those medications chill me out. Hell, I've done a gram rail of blow and just went about my business. So this post has me a little confused, sorry for not addressing your concerns.

Last edited by MindSlave; 16-06-2012 at 22:00. Reason: Spelling Errors
  #3  
Old 16-06-2012, 22:17
Salt Salt is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 30-05-2012
21 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 18
Salt is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Re: Vyvanse not working well for me.

@MindSlave

That's fine, curiosity is a very powerful feeling.

I do get a buzz from it, I've read that when you take Amphetamines and have ADHD you don't get a buzz; more of a calming feeling.

I get an amazing euphoria and get really pumped-up but I'm never hyper. My accuracy in anythought requiring tasks is dramatically increased.

I spend 95% of my time inside of my own head doing nothing but thinking about about physics, religion or anything that is interesting at the time. This continues through lectures so I never really learn anything in class. While taking medication I can manage to learn the material through the internet and complete work while online, simply because I'm preoccupied with a task that requires attention so I can't just daydream.

I've also ended up learning a lot about random facts because I'll research something that interests me and go on to another topic that relates to it, before I notice it will be 12:00 AM.

Sorry for the long answer:

I might not have ADD/ADHD but I certainly have a problem with attention. I think this is why my doctor is starting to lean towards a form of psychosis interfering with my life.

Again, sorry if this is poorly written but I can't think straight right now...
  #4  
Old 16-06-2012, 22:27
MindSlave MindSlave is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 15-12-2011
23 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 105
MindSlave is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 133, Level: 1 Points: 133, Level: 1 Points: 133, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
Re: Vyvanse not working well for me.

Oh it's written just fine. You and I would get along great from the sounds of it. I'm always accused of not "being there" when I'm in social groups. I'm always more focused on what is going on upstairs. I must say, I've learned more from pure curiosity than I have in my past lessons though! I'm sure if you let your physician know that the medication isn't more focused on your LACK of focus, that they could probably help you accordingly. On a sidenote, I know when I finally did get that "upper" high, I was more scatterbrained than ever!
  #5  
Old 16-06-2012, 22:29
Shwags Shwags is offline
Mercury Member
 
Join Date: 29-06-2005
33 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 127
Shwags needs to UTFSE some more before posting.
Points: 46, Level: 1 Points: 46, Level: 1 Points: 46, Level: 1
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Re: Vyvanse not working well for me.

I just switched from 20mg adderall IR to 50 mg Vyvanse.

I love Vyvanse, as far as a daily medication I find it preferable to adderall because of the reduced side effects. THe 'crash' you speak of with Adderall XR? THat does not exist with Vyvanse in my experience, it is extremely smooth, with a gradual onset, a long peak, and a gradual come-down. FOr me, addie XR is basically like crack. I feel shitty coming down, would have no chance of sleeping unless I take it at like 8 am at the latest, etc. The side effects are much more pronounced with adderall in my opinion.

However, Addie is certainly 'stronger' buzz-wise. And the rapid onset makes the buzz very noticable in the first few hours, more so than Vyvanse. But im suprised you say that the Vyvanse is ineffective for studying, I have found it just as effective as adderall for all productive or intellectual activities, with hardly any side-effects whatsoever. Thats why I love it. If I wasn't prescribed and just occasionally used amphetamines I would probably go for adderall but as a daily medication Vyvanse is da shit. Its smooth and seamless. Give it a little longer as far as a trial run before you give up on it.

Shwags added 2 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindSlave View Post
I'm sorry if I'm straying from your original questions, but you get a buzz from your medication although you were diagnosed ADD? When I was 5 years old I was diagnosed and I must say the only thing that I have ever gotten an "upper" high from was meth. Anything else that would typically provide someone energy chills me out. Thus ritalin, vyvanse, adderal, concerta...you name it I've tried it and all of those medications chill me out. Hell, I've done a gram rail of blow and just went about my business. So this post has me a little confused, sorry for not addressing your concerns.
He said he is diagnosed with ADD inattentive type (as am I), which is quite different from ADHD which is what you are describing I believe, in which stimulant medications actually calm/relax the individual.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good point on the qoute reply. Duly Noted!

Last edited by Shwags; 16-06-2012 at 22:29. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  #6  
Old 16-06-2012, 23:07
Salt Salt is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 30-05-2012
21 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 18
Salt is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Re: Vyvanse not working well for me.

@MindSlave

Don't feel like figuring out how to quote right now so I'm using @ :P

Yeah, I feel like a loner a lot of the time because I don't have legitimate relationships with any of my friends. I've only met one person (that wasn't through the internet) that could relate to my thoughts and could think at the same level as me; he's even managed to confuse me with physics, and that's the main thing I think about.

Not trying to sound like an ego-maniac in those last couple of sentences, just trying to portray an idea.

@Shwags

I started feeling a little something about 30 minutes after posting this thread and it's continued this entire time, except for a brief 30 second period. I guess I'll have to wake myself up very early and take it then so I can get its effects at the correct time.

Depending on how long this slight buzz lasts, I might be able to make it better than the Adderall buzz. I can't stand crashing on any dosage higher than 45mg of Adderall and the buzz doesn't last long enough to make it worthwhile for me anymore. So if this mild euphoria lasts for another 2-3 hours I can make it work.

Anyone have an opinion on combining the two? Maybe take the 50mg of Vyvanse at 6:00 AM with an antacid and then 15mg of Adderall at 7:15 AM but no caffeine to try and downplay the heart rate increase? I don't really want to try this unless it produces some amazing effects because my Adderall prescription has no refills and I only have nine 15mg pills left.

Or I could just try 100mg Vyvanse and see how that goes because I have to get a lot of work done tomorrow.
  #7  
Old 16-06-2012, 23:12
Shwags Shwags is offline
Mercury Member
 
Join Date: 29-06-2005
33 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 127
Shwags needs to UTFSE some more before posting.
Points: 46, Level: 1 Points: 46, Level: 1 Points: 46, Level: 1
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Re: Vyvanse not working well for me.

100 mg is a lot I wouldn't recommend that, 1.5 perhaps (75mg). Although Vyvanse has limited side-effects, you can always achieve side effects and a bad come-down if you take too much.

By the way you really shouldn't combine caffeine with amphetamines at all. I don't even know why you would, I hate that combo and its unnecessary.
  #8  
Old 16-06-2012, 23:19
Salt Salt is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 30-05-2012
21 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 18
Salt is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Re: Vyvanse not working well for me.

@Shwags

I suppose I could try that, still depends on how this buzz goes.

Caffeine is supposed to combine with the Amphetamines and actually boost its effect. An extremely weak speed buzz with a medium-strength speed buzz would push it up just a bit more. It actually does noticeably affect me and if I drink some at the right time it can significantly lessen the crash.

I'd rather do that than snort/plug.
  #9  
Old 16-06-2012, 23:31
Shwags Shwags is offline
Mercury Member
 
Join Date: 29-06-2005
33 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 127
Shwags needs to UTFSE some more before posting.
Points: 46, Level: 1 Points: 46, Level: 1 Points: 46, Level: 1
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Re: Vyvanse not working well for me.

So despite being prescribed you actually use amphetamines recreationally huh? Most everything you have said has related to achieving a maximum high. If that's how you get down, go with addie I guess....

Shwags added 3 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

Also, it states strongly in the RX info pamphlet to never combine caffeine and adderall. If you're just trying to tweak as hard as possible, I guess it would be good for that but its not good for you.

Last edited by Shwags; 16-06-2012 at 23:31. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  #10  
Old 16-06-2012, 23:54
Salt Salt is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 30-05-2012
21 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 18
Salt is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Re: Vyvanse not working well for me.

@Shwags

Reread the original post and you'll understand my goal. Plus I'd like to get the most out of the euphoria that I can without doing so in a dangerous manner. I never attempt to increase the effects of my medication without spending a considerable amount of time researching the possible outcomes. Posting on this forum is only part of that research.

It's obviously not the best thing for your health to combine two forms of speed, but based on factual information on how the two chemicals interact, it's not dangerous until you take too much. It's not like I was drinking five cups of coffee then popping 120mg of Adderall. It was two sodas, which have substantially less caffeine than coffee, spaced over a period of several hours, and 30-60mg of Adderall. I also got at least six hours of sleep every night so I was never sleep deprived.

It also says not to take any other forms of medication, including generic pain killers or antacids, before talking to your doctor.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good on you for staying with your thread & keeping on topic, something that is appreciated. This kind of thing is always welcome on DF
  #11  
Old 17-06-2012, 00:55
staples Gold member staples is nu online
Gold Member
 
Join Date: 11-09-2007
Male from United States
Posts: 1,213
staples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medline
Points: 2,980, Level: 8 Points: 2,980, Level: 8 Points: 2,980, Level: 8
Activity: 7.9% Activity: 7.9% Activity: 7.9%
Re: Vyvanse not working well for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt View Post
I was just switched to 50mg Vyvanse from 30mg Adderall XR yesterday
It sounds like your doctor is just being a little cautious, since 30mg of Adderall XR is typically around the same efficacy as 60 or 70mg lisdexamfetamine (though comparison is relatively indirect because the prodrug formulation changes many pharmacokinetic parameters). Likely 50mg is indeed a little too low a dose, especially considering...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt View Post
I was actually sticking to 45-60mg a day
It's no surprise your doctor might underestimate your required dose if you aren't following your doctor's instructions in the first place...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt View Post
I had a routine to get the most out of the Amphetamine buzz; ... I would drink another soda about three hours after the first to lessen the crash (my Adderall crashes are terrible and generally happen about five hours after taking, even with XR).
Soda is acidic, more acidic urine will increase the elimination of amphetamine from the body, hence this is great timing to accelerate the physical elimination of amphetamine from the body during the crash and perhaps only mitigate the effects with the soda's caffeine content. How do you feel about tea? or caffeine pills? if you must have caffeine, that is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt View Post
I would also eat hardly anything throughout the day
30-60 minutes after taking Adderall, eating shouldn't make a huge difference in terms of total AUC. The effect of food seems to have even less of an effect on lisdexamfetamine. So that you're currently on an amphetamine-based stimulant shouldn't gain much advantage by your general avoidance of food. On the contrary (well, to an extent), eating well can actually enhance the effects whereas hunger can lessen the perceived effects as well as even exacerbate the crash.

Eat some protein-rich foods. Too much fat (particularly 'comfort foods') are what will cause drowsiness/sedation that might counter the stimulation of amphetamines. In fact, some doctors are adamant about addressing diet before using drug therapy when treating AD(H)D (these doctors seem few and far between, perhaps because there's not much evidence to suggest one treatment is really better than the other, plus many patients don't want to be too inconvenienced, anyway--dietary concerns are more for those parents who are convinced that well-established medical practice is essentially a success story in big pharma's ability to spread propaganda). Whatever the reasons, it should be pointed out that the various therapies for AD(H)D are not mutually exclusive and it generally only improves efficacy when combining two or even more of such therapies.

Some of the techniques of alternative therapies may not directly affect what you get from maintaining a therapeutic dosing regimen of lisdexamfetamine (as opposed to your self-augmented Adderal regimen!), but other aspects certainly can and do for some people (for the better, of course). I'd suggest asking your doctor about this. And on that note: are there any other treatments/conditions that might be relevant? You say you take no other medications, but suppose you are addressing another issue completely with cognitive-behavioral therapy? what about medication history for ADHD? Any medication allergies? etc.? Any family history of anxiety, depression, Tourettes syndrome (may be so mild it doesn't require medication), other cases of ADHD, or any other mental disorders? That may be very helpful to know (or it may not mean anything, but it can't hurt to give us as much information to consider as possible).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt View Post
Today I took my first 50mg Vyvanse at 12:45 PM, it is now 4:25 PM and I still feel hardly anything. I read that it takes a much longer time to peak than Adderall but the most I've felt is an extremely mild buzz that lasted maybe 10 minutes. I ate a relatively normal meal (it was a large meal to me because I don't eat a lot) when I woke up because I was unusually hungry and I didn't take the antacid either.
Besides the fact this dose is most likely too low given your tolerance, I don't think your meal had very much to do with it, and I can only speculate on the effects of using an antacid near time of ingestion of lisdexamftamine, and I've already done so here.

As I said in that thread: using an antacid to increase the pH of the urine (make it more alkaline) while the plasma concentration of cleaved dextroamphetamine is decreasing, should slow the decrease rate, possibly augmenting or at least prolonging the effects (since the overall rate of decrease in dextroamphetamine plasma concentration is rather low--suggesting that there is still some lisdexamfetamine being converted to active dextroamphetamine--and if you slow down the rate of decrease compared to the rate of increase, augmentation is theoretically possible). In fact, since Tmax is so long (approximately 3.7 hours) after ingestion, taking an antacid before Tmax may in fact raise the Cmax (and reset Tmax, technically, but this is just by definition and wouldn't lessen your interest on the 3.7 hour estimate--don't read too much into that), so perhaps try taking the antacid somewhere around 2:45 to 3:15 after ingestion (or maybe as soon as 2 hours after ingestion). Another day, perhaps try nothing at all (withdrawal--very mild, mind you) symptoms tend to be a little easier to detect than degree of stimulation), then compare that to taking the antacid sometime after 3.7 hours, such as around 4 hours after ingestion. See which, if any, see to have an appreciable effect, and of course (especially if you find anything significant, please let us know!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt View Post
So should I continue with a routine similar to my old one?
No, not even on your previous medication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt View Post
Why am I not feeling anything more than a strong caffeine buzz? Should I jump to 100mg every other day instead of 50mg every day?
I believe I've answered the first question; the second question is no. While there are ways to divide the contents of one capsule (so you could achieve roughly a 70mg dose) doing so to escalate the dose using such a method is dangerous due to the need to 'guesstimate' (and this would not waste the remaining dosage that would otherwise add all the way up to 100mg). I will not describe how to do so here because I want to be perfectly clear that I do not advocate doing so. I believe I've described this around here somewhere, so you are free to find it if you really want to ignore my best advice...

Instead, you should call your doctor's office and say that this dosage of a new medication feels very weak (even use your own, honest words--"like I just had some caffeine"), tell your doctor or the secretary that you were wondering if this means a higher dosage is appropriate or what, and if you could come pick up (or have your doctor issue by postal mail to you) a new prescription with either an increased dose (if appropriate) or to return to your Adderall regimen. You can discuss your options in detail during your next appointment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt View Post
I'm not just euphoria hunting either, I can't even focus on my online course today. The euphoria is just a personal benefit.
That's healthy, and I urge you to take all the other factors into consideration in the future before augmenting your own dose (I'll go one farther and advise you not to do any dose-augmentation without the explicit instruction of your doctor). Since some of your techniques could conceivably have worked against you, I am inclined to believe that your dose-augmentation was truly not an attempt to keep/maintain a euphoric effect. However, it should be noted that euphoria will almost certainly end by the time or shortly after you achieve the appropriate treatment regimen, and you should expect this; enjoy it while it lasts, but when/if you start to feel less euphoric, make sure you're not factoring that into the overall efficacy of the medication to treat your symptoms. Let your doctor help you assess how effective it really has been on your AD(H)D symptoms when you feel it hasn't been working as much as it should--these are the things for which you and your insurance pay your doctor, anyway! Use the resources you have right in front of you!

I hope that helps and please let us know how things go.
Staples

Post Quality Evaluations:
Helpful, thoughtful, resourceful and shows paying attention to detail makes for a fine post that can help others in the future.
Excellent information and advice.
  #12  
Old 17-06-2012, 20:36
Salt Salt is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 30-05-2012
21 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 18
Salt is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Re: Vyvanse not working well for me.

@Staples

Still too lazy to quote stuff...

I appreciate the advice and information that you posted.

He actually knows that I was taking more of the Adderall than what the prescription said. He also figured it out to be self-medication (which was accurate) and then said he generally doesn't prescribe higher than 30mg of Adderall. This seems reasonable to me and I would like to find a working substitute because of how horrible my crashes are. I'm going to stay on the 50mg of Vyvanse for at least one week and hopefully it will start to become more noticeable.

I realize that soda is acidic and lowers the amount of Amphetamine absorbed, this was the main reason I would drink it to help with the crash. I drank it in the morning with the antacid so the acidity would be neutralized and I would still get the caffeine. I have considered caffeine pills but going to that sort of dependence seems strange to me. I also can't stand tea in any form.

Not eating throughout the day is because I never have an appetite; not an attempt to increase the buzz. I would attempt to eat a protein-rich meal in the morning but could never finish the entire thing, even when I would eat before taking the Adderall. I suppose eating a few snacks throughout the day that are heavy in protein would help? Half a sandwich now then the other half later?

I feel pretty idiotic having to clarify this, but as I stated before I'm not 100% right now so here goes:

You're suggesting I take the antacid about three hours after the Vyvanse, two hours at the earliest? And this is to slow the excretion of the drug and continue metabolizing it?

Then, as an experiment, I shouldn't take the antacid at all and then compare it to my normal feeling?

I don't really want to go up (without my doctor's consent), so I'm fine with trying to stick around at 50mg.

I suppose at my next appointment we'll discuss increasing the dosage, or maybe over the phone within the next two weeks. I still want to give it a chance before increasing the dose or changing drugs.

My medication history for Inattentive ADD:

Adderall IR: prescribed 30mg daily for one month in 2010 and then for two months after a one month break (same dosage). During the two months I would take one in the morning and then one in the afternoon because I had started experiencing a euphoria. During the one month period I absolutely hated Adderall and quit it, then started on it again because of the ADD becoming too much to handle without it.

Metadate: prescribed 20mg daily. I never abused this medication, I actually ended up not taking it most days and got off it completely before half of the bottle was empty. I found the half-full bottle the other day while going through withdrawl and almost took a few pills despite the fact that they are four months past the expiration date.

Adderall XR: prescribed 5mg daily for one month this year. I actually stuck to it until the last week of my prescription, then I started took 10mg one day, 15mg the next and 20mg which was the last of it.

Adderall XR: prescribed 10mg daily for one month this year. I only followed the script for the first week, then went into 20mg daily until my third week of the prescription. During the third week I did 30mg a couple of days and stayed on 20mg for a few days because I realized I was running low. I couldn't go the last 10 days without it and ended up getting an early refill with an increased dose.

Adderall XR: prescribed 15mg daily for 35 days this year. I went only one day on 15mg and most of the other days were spent on 45-60mg. I managed to be perfectly fine on 30mg every day for five days after scheduling an appointment with my doctor and not taking any over a weekend. The buzz was nice, I could get work done and the crash wasn't as bad as it had been. I scheduled the appointment and told him I'd been self-medicating and decided I needed to stop.

Vyvanse: prescribed 50mg daily as of yesterday. I'm pretty sure he put me on Vyvanse instead of upping the Adderall dose to stop the abusing of it even though he said he doesn't prescribe higher than 30mg of Adderall, which I'm fine with.

Your question relating to treatments/conditions seems a little unclear but I'll answer it in the way I think you're asking:

I have (undiagnosed) Depersonalization Disorder. I suppose it could be exaggerated by the stimulants but it's been affecting me for several years now. I never really saw a problem with it, I might even prefer having it. Maybe I am trying to treat a form of psychosis...

My mother had a period of depression while divorcing my father. This never really had an impact on me as it happened when I was seven and didn't really care for my father.

Probably irrelevant but my sister was a pretty big drug abuser, she sticks to marijuana and alcohol now though.

I have no allergies.

No family history of ADHD or ADD, no Tourettes. My mother has an obsession with controlling everything that happens in her life, not really a mental disorder though. (Actually it might be OCD caused by the divorce?)

Yet again, sorry for any poorly written parts of this post.

Salt added 941 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

Thought I should update how my day is going so far on Vyvanse...

I fell asleep at about 2:00 AM and woke up at 11:10 AM. I then took one 50mg pill at 11:25 AM before eating two slices of peanut butter toast with a few peanut M&M's and a 17 oz bottle of water.

I took one antacid and drank a Pepsi (it was some 60 calorie one, 12oz) about an hour and a half after the Vyvanse.

I didn't feel anything until about 2:30 PM and then started to feel just a general, but slight, feeling of happiness. It wasn't euphoric but it was pretty enjoyable. It still isn't helping with my online course, I have a little motivation to do other tasks but none at all to do my classwork.

I did also feel an increase in desire to be social, which is very unusual for me because I generally prefer to be alone (not because of self-esteem issues, more of I don't find very many people interesting enough for my time... also not trying to be an ego-maniac so don't read this in the wrong way).

It's now 3:31 PM and I'm drinking another bottle of water with the now very faint feeling of happiness.

Maybe I'm just experiencing withdrawl of the other salts in Adderall and it's interfering with the Vyvanse's effects.

To me it almost seems like a downer instead of an upper because I just want to sit there and mellow in my own thoughts instead of get stuff done.

Last edited by Salt; 17-06-2012 at 20:36. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  #13  
Old 29-06-2012, 16:34
esoteric_explorer esoteric_explorer is offline
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.
 
Join Date: 22-01-2012
Male from United States
Posts: 180
esoteric_explorer is a decent psychonaut.esoteric_explorer is a decent psychonaut.
Re: Vyvanse not working well for me.

For the record, antacids are unnecessary with vyvanse, because vyvanse is not active until it passes into the bloodstream and through the liver, meaning it only becomes dextroamphetamine and is absorbed once it is long gone from the stomach, negating the effects of stomach pH levels on its bioavailability

as for your problem, it's somewhat uncommon, but people do sometimes react in the opposite way intended to certain stimulants
like when I first started on stim meds, they put me on concerta, but all it did was put me to sleep rather than provide concentration

If it is only Vyvanse that is ineffective for you, you may just not react well to the unique way it is absorbed, due to an oddity in your metabolism or something like that, and if Vyvanse continues to be ineffective you should switch back to stimulant medications absorbed in the traditional way, because it sounds as if you do not have the same issues with them

If you don't like how rough adderall is, you could give dexedrine a try if you're able, it's just like adderall but without L-amphetamine, which honestly I don't even understand the reason for adding to the pill at all, seeing as how it only stimulates your noradrenic system and provides no added concentration, but greatly increases physical discomfort

I've found that pure D-amphetamine formulations are much better than adderall ever was
  #14  
Old 29-06-2012, 19:07
staples Gold member staples is nu online
Gold Member
 
Join Date: 11-09-2007
Male from United States
Posts: 1,213
staples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medline
Points: 2,980, Level: 8 Points: 2,980, Level: 8 Points: 2,980, Level: 8
Activity: 7.9% Activity: 7.9% Activity: 7.9%
Re: Vyvanse not working well for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoteric_explorer View Post
For the record, antacids are unnecessary with vyvanse, because vyvanse is not active until it passes into the bloodstream and through the liver, meaning it only becomes dextroamphetamine and is absorbed once it is long gone from the stomach, negating the effects of stomach pH levels on its bioavailability
Antacids can indeed affect the pharmacokinetic profile of dextroamphetamine after administration of lisdexamfetamine. The liver does very little, possibly nothing at all, when it comes to bioactivating lisdexamfetamine. The stomach is not the main site of absorption for lisdexamfetamine nor even amphetamines (including any particular enantiomer) in general, and as such is also not the site where an alkalizing agent would help increase absorption for amphetamines; that would be the jejunum.

At the point of the jejunum, lisdexamfetamine should have come into contact with trypsin, which could start cleaving some of the levolysine from the dextroamphetamine, but again, a more alkaline environment will decrease the amount of trypsin secreted by the pancreas, so it's probably true that an antacid has negligible effects on absorption of lisdexamfetamine. However, as discussed above, an antacid can have an effect on the elimination of dextroamphetamine. Therefore, an antacid is not unnecessary with lisdexamfetamine, and hence the suggestion to possibly use an antacid after taking lisdexamfetamine.

Share this on:

Tags
adderall, vyvanse

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pharmacology - Vyvanse not working after smoking bath salts / "legal powders"... curiousnewbie Amphetamine 5 15-06-2012 02:03

» New Threads
Casual marijuana use linked to...
Last post by Dr.Evil
12 Replies, 203 Views
first time heavy drug?
Last post by (NS)-M-Lo-Reason
15 Replies, 296 Views
What's your definition of an...
Last post by Mr Bumble
0 Replies, 1 Views
SSRI Discontinuation Syndrom :(
Last post by bmd1990
2 Replies, 76 Views
stopped taking Methadone,...
Last post by prescriptionperil
3 Replies, 75 Views
Smell The Cheese.
Last post by bandito
5 Replies, 152 Views
Adderall and ambien
Last post by staples
1 Replies, 22 Views
Can I do LSD 2 days in a row if it...
Last post by James C
3 Replies, 49 Views
Seizure on dxm
Last post by QuintonPi
4 Replies, 181 Views
HBr and Polystirex.... this was...
Last post by hunter19877
6 Replies, 388 Views
» New Wiki Articles

Sitelinks: Information:

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 22:23.


Copyright: SIN Foundation 2003 - 2014, All rights reserved
"Wiki" powered by VaultWiki v3.0.20 PL 1.