Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > RECOVERY & ADDICTION > Drug Addiction & Recovery > Opiate addiction
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Opiate addiction Support for coping with Opiate addiction and Opiate addiction treatment.

 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 15-06-2012, 12:16
Pogue Pogue is offline
Titanium Member
 
Join Date: 13-05-2012
Male from Earth
Posts: 74
Pogue is a decent psychonaut.Pogue is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 418, Level: 3 Points: 418, Level: 3 Points: 418, Level: 3
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%
Miracle drug for struggling opiate addicts!

After several unsuccessful attempts to get myself off heroin, I became desperate. I wanted out. I did a lot of running around but eventually I met a doctor who prescribed me a drug called dihydrocodeine.

It is a perfect drug to wean yourself off heroin or other opiates. I am currently four days off heroin, this for me is nothing short of a full blown miracle. I could never get over the so called "three day hump". I am feeling no withdrawals at all.

I'm on a quick taper (six days). Even with the dosages dropping I still feel normal; like a human being once more.

I researched the drug (dihydrocodeine) on the internet and found out it is both cheaper and less toxic than the commonly used maintenance drug methadone.

I really can't understand why this beautiful little drug isn't used instead of the provenly flawed (and in my opinion archaic) methadone.

All the evidence is there, dihydrocodeine is the way forward.

Was just wondering if anyone else out there has used dihydrocodeine to wean themselves off opiates? I would love to hear other people's experiences with the drug.

All the best,

Pogue
  #2  
Old 15-06-2012, 14:05
TheBigBadWolf TheBigBadWolf is nu online
..and your eyebrows
 
Join Date: 11-04-2010
48 y/o Male from Germany
Posts: 2,572
Blog Entries: 6
TheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,932, Level: 13 Points: 7,932, Level: 13 Points: 7,932, Level: 13
Activity: 35.6% Activity: 35.6% Activity: 35.6%
Re: Miracle drug for struggling opiate addicts!

Pogue,
I want to congratulate you to your achievement to get over your "miracle date".

I hope your w/d will be minimal,- I can't promise it, though.
I have experience with DHC as a mainaining drug, but never heard of it used to taper down. This might be a better I dea to take DHC as a short-acting opiate rather than taking long-acting ones like methadone and bupe.
Therapy (maintenance>)with DHC in Germany was stopped in 1999, because to big amounts of the drug appeared on the black market, and for the fact that DHC as short-actor wasn't very useful for maintenance.
When you want to taper off in my country you only have the choice between bupe and 'done, all other opiates are taboo for abusers.
Lucky You to be provided with DHC.

Good luck for the next seven days

TBBW
  #3  
Old 15-06-2012, 14:30
Aberdonian Aberdonian is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 19-12-2008
38 y/o Male from Scotland
Posts: 472
Aberdonian should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Re: Miracle drug for struggling opiate addicts!

my sheep was prescribed 60mg slow release dhc for maintenance at 8 a day he used them for his job offshore on the rigs tho , saved them up his 3 weeks home and used loads while he was away 3 weeks(using h while at home)his doc never checked ua etc just repeat scripts all the time he prob got 2 sometimes 3 scripts for 3 weeks worth in his 3 weeks at home and had loas to go away with but things came to an abrupt halt when said doc retired and the other docs in the surgery decided to stop prescribing to addicts and booted 300 of us out in 2 weeks with no notice i had phoned in my script for 3 weeks of dhc (168) and got 28 and told i wouldnt be getting anymore they did same with methadone patients there ws an h drought on at the time so u can imagine how fun it was to live in this town they did same to the methadone patients too well not QUITE so bad but took em all down 10mg a week regardless of dose totally fucked this town for a while cops even asked docs not to do it but they did it anyway bastards i eventually changed vets , one of lucky ones wher they reinstated my dhc script but then realised i was self medicating for back pain and other things and put me on proper meds but dhc is a great drug for opiate addiction and a few rehabs here use either that or subutex for detoxing people when they come in
  #4  
Old 16-06-2012, 03:54
Dubiaku Dubiaku is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: 15-06-2012
Male from United States
Posts: 4
Dubiaku should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Re: Miracle drug for struggling opiate addicts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue View Post
After several unsuccessful attempts to get myself off heroin, I became desperate. I wanted out. I did a lot of running around but eventually I met a doctor who prescribed me a drug called dihydrocodeine.

It is a perfect drug to wean yourself off heroin or other opiates. I am currently four days off heroin, this for me is nothing short of a full blown miracle. I could never get over the so called "three day hump". I am feeling no withdrawals at all.

I'm on a quick taper (six days). Even with the dosages dropping I still feel normal; like a human being once more.

I researched the drug (dihydrocodeine) on the internet and found out it is both cheaper and less toxic than the commonly used maintenance drug methadone.

I really can't understand why this beautiful little drug isn't used instead of the provenly flawed (and in my opinion archaic) methadone.

All the evidence is there, dihydrocodeine is the way forward.

Was just wondering if anyone else out there has used dihydrocodeine to wean themselves off opiates? I would love to hear other people's experiences with the drug.

All the best,

Pogue
You're just joking, right? It is pretty funny, but maybe some people don't know that DHC is an opiate that is also very addicting, so they won't get it.

But, LOL, anyway.

Post Quality Evaluations:
While you are correct, this wasn't the best way to communicate with the OP.
Belittling the OP like this is not acceptable here. The original post was sincere and heartfelt, and did not warrant such a flippant reply.
For being unhelpful and laughing at someone trying to better their life. Grow up.
What a cruel thing to say - try offer some support instead
good to see you are better than other people
although you are partly correct,you could have put your point across a lot better,in my country there are doctors who use dhdrocodeine to treat heroin addiction
no reason to belittle so much.
Food for thought: Look in the mirror, man. Cruelty at the expense of others is the mark of a small-minded, insecure being.
I found this to be rude towards Progue who is genuinally trying to detox. Please try to not laugh at the seriousness in regards to his thread. Although a newbie, I am trying to detox too and found your flippant reply obnoxious.
  #5  
Old 16-06-2012, 04:21
mikezombie777 mikezombie777 is offline
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.
 
Join Date: 19-12-2011
Male from Australia
Posts: 177
mikezombie777 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 373, Level: 3 Points: 373, Level: 3 Points: 373, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Miracle drug for struggling opiate addicts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue View Post
After several unsuccessful attempts to get myself off heroin, I became desperate. I wanted out. I did a lot of running around but eventually I met a doctor who prescribed me a drug called dihydrocodeine.

It is a perfect drug to wean yourself off heroin or other opiates. I am currently four days off heroin, this for me is nothing short of a full blown miracle. I could never get over the so called "three day hump". I am feeling no withdrawals at all.

I'm on a quick taper (six days). Even with the dosages dropping I still feel normal; like a human being once more.

I researched the drug (dihydrocodeine) on the internet and found out it is both cheaper and less toxic than the commonly used maintenance drug methadone.

I really can't understand why this beautiful little drug isn't used instead of the provenly flawed (and in my opinion archaic) methadone.

All the evidence is there, dihydrocodeine is the way forward.

Was just wondering if anyone else out there has used dihydrocodeine to wean themselves off opiates? I would love to hear other people's experiences with the drug.

All the best,

Pogue
Well done bud, it's really good to hear it Dihydro worked for you I used to abuse it by the bottle in conjunction with Oxy, Codeine etc. They sell it OTC here in Australia under the brand name Rikodeine. Unfortunately, Dihydro won't work for everyone because it's quite weak in comparison to H & Methadone, plus it doesn't last anywhere near as long as Done'.

I personally tried everything before I went on Methadone, including tapering off using Dihydro and Oxy. I just went back to abusing the drugs I had. Methadone has been a miracle drug for me, I haven't abused drugs in 3 months or so now. The long half life of Methadone in conjunction with it's heavy regulation have really allowed me to get life back on track.

Also, what do you mean by "all the evidence is there"? There's a good reason DHC isn't the standard - it simply doesn't work for everybody. As I said it's a weak opiate in comparison and doesn't have anywhere near the half life of Methadone. It also isn't as highly regulated and be easily abused by people who aren't as determined to get clean or have a different body chemistry. Don't get me wrong, it really is fantastic that it's worked so well for you, but remember it doesn't for everybody. In terms of DHC being cheaper, could you link me to some evidence? And I'm not talking about buying it illegally - Methadone is only $5 a day for me due to the fact that you only pay the Pharmacy a dispensing fee as the Aust Government completely subsidises the drug itself.

Could you please also elaborate as to why you think MMT is a flawed and archaic method? It's used so commonly and has been for along time because it's a proven, effective treatment. Toxicity levels are only higher due to the drugs half life as well, excluding that it's no more harmful that DHC.

Post Quality Evaluations:
could you please edit out the price? I know it's only apothecary fee, but we don't discuss drug prices at all.
  #6  
Old 16-06-2012, 05:50
Doctor Who Doctor Who is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 09-01-2012
Male from United States
Posts: 321
Doctor Who is captain of the psychonauts.Doctor Who is captain of the psychonauts.Doctor Who is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 482, Level: 3 Points: 482, Level: 3 Points: 482, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Miracle drug for struggling opiate addicts!

AFOFA has Used the 120mg. slow release form of DHC for 6 months now after the DEA "witch-hunt" cut-off his supply of 0xyc0done from his chronic pain specialist who had been treating him for over 10 years ( 40 - 80 mg, a day used for about 10 years ). the DHC was obtained from the UK and comes complete with a LEGAL Doctors Script & worked very well as a substitute, it completely halts withdrawal symptoms with very little eurphoria, ( methadone packs a hell-of-a wallop, some people prefer it to smack! ). DHC is fairly easy to reduce dosage if one decides to withdraw completely. Being a fairly mild "narcotic" pain medication, with no dangerous side effects ( apap free! ) one wonders why it's use is not more widespread. Oh, Well... maybe it's best that only a few who are in the know keep it to themselves, or else the anti-dope Fanatics would have another target.

PEACE!

Last edited by Doctor Who; 16-06-2012 at 09:10. Reason: misspelling
  #7  
Old 16-06-2012, 12:13
Pogue Pogue is offline
Titanium Member
 
Join Date: 13-05-2012
Male from Earth
Posts: 74
Pogue is a decent psychonaut.Pogue is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 418, Level: 3 Points: 418, Level: 3 Points: 418, Level: 3
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%
Re: Miracle drug for struggling opiate addicts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubiaku View Post
You're just joking, right? It is pretty funny, but maybe some people don't know that DHC is an opiate that is also very addicting, so they won't get it.

But, LOL, anyway.

No, I'm not joking, check my thread history and try and find one that is a joke. I know DHC is an opiate and it's very addictive. But I'm using it as a quick taper under supervision, and it's working for me. I'm now on day five without heroin. A miracle for me.

So no LOL I'm afraid.

Pogue

Pogue added 6 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezombie777 View Post


Also, what do you mean by "all the evidence is there"? There's a good reason DHC isn't the standard - it simply doesn't work for everybody. As I said it's a weak opiate in comparison and doesn't have anywhere near the half life of Methadone. It also isn't as highly regulated and be easily abused by people who aren't as determined to get clean or have a different body chemistry. Don't get me wrong, it really is fantastic that it's worked so well for you, but remember it doesn't for everybody. In terms of DHC being cheaper, could you link me to some evidence? And I'm not talking about buying it illegally - Methadone is only $5 a day for me due to the fact that you only pay the Pharmacy a dispensing fee as the Aust Government completely subsidises the drug itself.

Could you please also elaborate as to why you think MMT is a flawed and archaic method? It's used so commonly and has been for along time because it's a proven, effective treatment. Toxicity levels are only higher due to the drugs half life as well, excluding that it's no more harmful that DHC.
Don't know if I'm allowed to post a link here, but go to:

www dot sciencedaily dot com/releases/2006/12/061208101646.htm

"It is estimated that whereas methadone treatment can cost almost £1,500 annually per patient, the cost of dihydrocodeine is £713."

I think methadone is flawed (my opinion) because it's so expensive and everyonbe I know that's on it is addicted to it for the rest of their lives, whereas I'm using DHC as a quick taper drug (after already minimising my heroin intake to a bag a day).

I understand that the masses will stand by and defend their magic green liquid, but I for one am glad I was prescribed DHC. I'm not abusing them, and they are working wonders.

Pogue

Last edited by Pogue; 16-06-2012 at 12:13. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  #8  
Old 16-06-2012, 12:27
SlaveKnowMore SlaveKnowMore is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 02-05-2012
Male from United States
Posts: 114
SlaveKnowMore is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 127, Level: 1 Points: 127, Level: 1 Points: 127, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Miracle drug for struggling opiate addicts!

You go Pogue and good luck on your taper. I did mine with my DOC. If someone is properly motivated to free themselves of their destructive DOC, who cares what they use for their taper? The real challenge continues to come from the static between my ears.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Well said - if it works then whats the problem. And I agree with the challenge being negative FM in my head
  #9  
Old 16-06-2012, 12:54
Pogue Pogue is offline
Titanium Member
 
Join Date: 13-05-2012
Male from Earth
Posts: 74
Pogue is a decent psychonaut.Pogue is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 418, Level: 3 Points: 418, Level: 3 Points: 418, Level: 3
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%
Re: Miracle drug for struggling opiate addicts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlaveKnowMore View Post
You go Pogue and good luck on your taper. I did mine with my DOC. If someone is properly motivated to free themselves of their destructive DOC, who cares what they use for their taper? The real challenge continues to come from the static between my ears.
Nice one SlaveKnowMore,

I agree with you, as long as somebody really wants to drop their habit 100%, any drug that gives relief can be used as a taper.

I also agree with the real challenge only starting after the physical withdrawals are dealt with. The psychological cravings are intense, and can last a LONG time after you put the drug down.

Peace out,

Pogue

Last edited by Pogue; 16-06-2012 at 12:54. Reason: Spelling
  #10  
Old 16-06-2012, 13:34
mikezombie777 mikezombie777 is offline
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.
 
Join Date: 19-12-2011
Male from Australia
Posts: 177
mikezombie777 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 373, Level: 3 Points: 373, Level: 3 Points: 373, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Miracle drug for struggling opiate addicts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue View Post
No, I'm not joking, check my thread history and try and find one that is a joke. I know DHC is an opiate and it's very addictive. But I'm using it as a quick taper under supervision, and it's working for me. I'm now on day five without heroin. A miracle for me.

So no LOL I'm afraid.

Pogue

Pogue added 6 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...



Don't know if I'm allowed to post a link here, but go to:

www dot sciencedaily dot com/releases/2006/12/061208101646.htm

"It is estimated that whereas methadone treatment can cost almost £1,500 annually per patient, the cost of dihydrocodeine is £713."

I think methadone is flawed (my opinion) because it's so expensive and everyonbe I know that's on it is addicted to it for the rest of their lives, whereas I'm using DHC as a quick taper drug (after already minimising my heroin intake to a bag a day).

I understand that the masses will stand by and defend their magic green liquid, but I for one am glad I was prescribed DHC. I'm not abusing them, and they are working wonders.

Pogue
To be honest, I'm not really digging your slightly condescending attitude.

Methadone isn't "so expensive", it's one of the cheapest opiates available. It also doesn't cost the same in every country - in most places it's dirt cheap. No one said Methadone is a magic liquid, but it's been shown to be a very effective treatment for a variety of reasons and that's why it's used much more commonly than DHC. Also, not everybody is on Methadone "for the rest of their lives". It doesn't make you high unlike DHC which is potentially significantly more psychologically addictive. If one is taper off Methadone very slowly they may not experience extremely intense withdrawals.

As I said, it's great that it's working for you and some others, but it's not a miracle drug. No drug is and it simply won't work for everybody. Nor will Methadone. But the reason I'm saying this is because you didn't and to me that seems a bit irresponsible. Others may read this and think DHC is going to instantly fix their addiction and ultimately end up worse off.

The reasons you've listed aren't all valid, some are entirely subjective (and some factually incorrect). Please just be careful with how you post some things.
  #11  
Old 16-06-2012, 15:49
Pogue Pogue is offline
Titanium Member
 
Join Date: 13-05-2012
Male from Earth
Posts: 74
Pogue is a decent psychonaut.Pogue is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 418, Level: 3 Points: 418, Level: 3 Points: 418, Level: 3
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%
Re: Miracle drug for struggling opiate addicts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezombie777 View Post
To be honest, I'm not really digging your slightly condescending attitude.

Methadone isn't "so expensive", it's one of the cheapest opiates available. It also doesn't cost the same in every country - in most places it's dirt cheap. No one said Methadone is a magic liquid, but it's been shown to be a very effective treatment for a variety of reasons and that's why it's used much more commonly than DHC. Also, not everybody is on Methadone "for the rest of their lives". It doesn't make you high unlike DHC which is potentially significantly more psychologically addictive. If one is taper off Methadone very slowly they may not experience extremely intense withdrawals.

As I said, it's great that it's working for you and some others, but it's not a miracle drug. No drug is and it simply won't work for everybody. Nor will Methadone. But the reason I'm saying this is because you didn't and to me that seems a bit irresponsible. Others may read this and think DHC is going to instantly fix their addiction and ultimately end up worse off.

The reasons you've listed aren't all valid, some are entirely subjective (and some factually incorrect). Please just be careful with how you post some things.
Sorry, I didn't realise I was coming off as slightly condescending. I wasn't trying to be anyway. I'm a drug addict who uses opiates (and has used methadone) and I'm just speaking as honestly as possible. I didn't realise I was offending anyone.

That being said, I'm only stating facts I've read on a website concerning methadone and dihydrocodeine. I didn't for a second claim these facts to be 100% true (What on the internet is?) That's the exact reason I created the thread, to see if I could get some feedback from real users of both drugs. Also, I didn't say everybody who takes methadone is on it for the rest of their lives. I said "everyone I know on methadone", which in my case is true.

And the comment about the magic green liquid wasn't meant to sound sarcastic, for I this is what I once called Methadone.

Once again, I'm sorry you were offended, but I hope you understand that I stand on no moral high ground concerning drugs, and I didn't think what I wrote was upsetting anybody.

All the best,

Pogue
  #12  
Old 17-06-2012, 01:01
mikezombie777 mikezombie777 is offline
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.
 
Join Date: 19-12-2011
Male from Australia
Posts: 177
mikezombie777 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 373, Level: 3 Points: 373, Level: 3 Points: 373, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Miracle drug for struggling opiate addicts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue View Post
Sorry, I didn't realise I was coming off as slightly condescending. I wasn't trying to be anyway. I'm a drug addict who uses opiates (and has used methadone) and I'm just speaking as honestly as possible. I didn't realise I was offending anyone.

That being said, I'm only stating facts I've read on a website concerning methadone and dihydrocodeine. I didn't for a second claim these facts to be 100% true (What on the internet is?) That's the exact reason I created the thread, to see if I could get some feedback from real users of both drugs. Also, I didn't say everybody who takes methadone is on it for the rest of their lives. I said "everyone I know on methadone", which in my case is true.

And the comment about the magic green liquid wasn't meant to sound sarcastic, for I this is what I once called Methadone.

Once again, I'm sorry you were offended, but I hope you understand that I stand on no moral high ground concerning drugs, and I didn't think what I wrote was upsetting anybody.

All the best,

Pogue
No worries bud, it happens. I must have misinterpreted things. My apologies. In my defence I did reply half asleep lol
  #13  
Old 17-06-2012, 02:04
Aberdonian Aberdonian is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 19-12-2008
38 y/o Male from Scotland
Posts: 472
Aberdonian should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Re: Miracle drug for struggling opiate addicts!

i forgot to add i detoxed from methdone from 70ml down to 18 and jumped ct into hell no sleep for literally 2 months before i got anything mor than 2 -3 hr a night iv done it with dhc too and its been a much softer detox ,many times but unsucessfully tho ,methadone once and never gain!
  #14  
Old 24-09-2012, 16:04
jags 570 jags 570 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: 24-09-2012
Male from United Kingdom
Posts: 1
jags 570 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Miracle drug for struggling opiate addicts!

hi mate read your post on detox with df118 can you tell me what dosage you used and how you did it as im doing that also
thanks
  #15  
Old 27-09-2012, 16:33
constant limbo constant limbo is offline
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.
 
Join Date: 15-09-2011
47 y/o Male from Scotland
Posts: 94
constant limbo is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 77, Level: 1 Points: 77, Level: 1 Points: 77, Level: 1
Activity: 9.1% Activity: 9.1% Activity: 9.1%
Re: Miracle drug for struggling opiate addicts!

glad to hear dydrocodeine works well for you pogue mate

i have used dydrocodeine on many occasions to taper off heroin,my experience has been,that it alleviates the WD's greatly,and once stable on the dhc,you can taper off quiclky and relatively WD free

for the record
i have never seen any posts where you've been condescending mate

imo you were just super happy to have found dydrocodeine ansd the benifits its can bring

stay strong,stay foucused,stay happy

all the best,constant limbo

constant limbo added 7 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jags 570 View Post
hi mate read your post on detox with df118 can you tell me what dosage you used and how you did it as im doing that also
thanks
imo it all depends on the amount of heroin your currently using,as to how many dhydrocodeine pills will stabilise you at first

i found the first 3 to 5 days were rough,but no where as near as bad as cold turkey from the heroin

once i found a dose that stabilised me and i felt ok and pretty normal,i would remain stable for 4 or 5 days,then i would cut 1 pill out per day...

i would then wait 2 to 3 days until i felt 100% ok again and cut another pill out per day

i used to take my dydrocodeine at 11 am,then again at 11pm

when tapering down,i used to cut out a morning pill first....

then wait 2 to 5 days until i was 100% feeling ok...

then i would cut a night time pill out

then after i felt ok i would cut another morning pill out...

then just repeat the process,until i was down to 1 pill per day,then i would just stop

it was only very mild WD's if any at all,that i felt

cheers,constant limbo

Last edited by constant limbo; 27-09-2012 at 16:35. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  #16  
Old 27-09-2012, 21:53
happy4nic8r happy4nic8r is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: 24-09-2012
61 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 12
happy4nic8r is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%
Re: Miracle drug for struggling opiate addicts!

Good on Ya, Quitters:

No matter how you do it, the fact that you know that you want to, and need to quit is the key to this bad ride. It's not for me to judge or give advice to anyone, but kicking the habit of heroin addiction was one of my proudest moment.

I tried the substitution, taper, weaning off, but nothing, and I mean NOTHING worked as well as just letting the turkeys kick my ass into the dirt and hold my head under water until the drowning woke me with a start and I realized I had actually dozed off to sleep after what seemed like a month of waking terrors.

The great news is that opiates are really such a good trick, they fool you into thinking there is no way of living succesfully without them. That's why they are so good for pain.

Pain is a good trick too, and it's really your friend. You don't want him moving in with you and drinking all your beer, but think about it. When has he done any more than exactly what he's paid to do. Warn you about something bad that's happening right now and needs your attention.

Heroin, and other opiates on the other hand......once you get your receptors back, you are healed. You can now go out into the world a reborn citizen and start everything with a new set of feelers, and it's fucking amazing for a while.

Getting your ass kicked really good is a long lasting reminder that you went into the wrong place at the wrong time and survived. If you are really a glutton for punishment try it again. Definition of insanity?

Post Quality Evaluations:
completely off topic.
  #17  
Old 28-09-2012, 00:45
Lightattheend Lightattheend is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: 27-09-2012
28 y/o Female from Australia
Posts: 2
Lightattheend is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
Re: Miracle drug for struggling opiate addicts!

Hi Pogue,

I am using Tramadol to help come off bupe. So far so good. Good luck to you. If your miracle pill works like mine does than that's such a great, great thing. It is hard to find something that works. I am glad you did. I would prefer to stay away from Meth and bupe too as their long half lives create awful drawn out WDs.

Post Quality Evaluations:
off topic. this thread is about DHC, not about bupe or Tramadol.
  #18  
Old 02-01-2014, 15:10
Boogieman937 Boogieman937 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: 29-11-2013
32 y/o Male from United States
Posts: 2
Boogieman937 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
Re: Miracle drug for struggling opiate addicts!

Methadone to me works instantly if you dont stay long you b ok the longer you stay it becomes just as hard or harder to get off than dope. If onley i wouldof stayd off dope. I got a few suboxones other day and i waited 18hrs. Not long enough i guess i went into precip w/d OMG! Therfore i think done is better we onley still do dope not to b sick so subox shitty for that reason my oppinion

Post Quality Evaluations:
thia thread is about dihydrocodeine, not about methadone. also please use a spell checker. DF uses standard English, please accomodate to this. Thank you.

Share this on:

Tags
dihydrocodeine, heroin, opiates

Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How To Beat Drug Tests Superball Drug testing 132 11-04-2014 18:36
Drug info - Ibogaine Alfa Ethnobotanicals 44 01-04-2014 16:25
Good information on passing a drug test Superball Drug testing 40 29-05-2013 01:11
Opinions - Drug Policy Debate: Helpful Links / Sources of Information Bajeda Drug Policy Reform & Narco Politics 12 05-06-2009 13:12
Looking at the UN, smelling a rat Lunar Loops Law and order 1 17-01-2007 05:31

» New Threads
Lightning Round - The (Hopefully)...
Last post by Nkeyofdslady
97 Replies, 45,370 Views
My friend is an alcoholic, should...
Last post by mjazz
12 Replies, 443 Views
Suboxone induced dreams?
Last post by D0pe
9 Replies, 4,811 Views
Where is your favorite place to...
Last post by IcePrincess
11 Replies, 1,306 Views
I want to hear about your...
Last post by Frosty-Sunrise
12 Replies, 795 Views
The Meth Medicine Cabinet
Last post by Waiting For The Fall
0 Replies, 14 Views
Is anyone else really happy with...
Last post by IcePrincess
11 Replies, 943 Views
M1 vs MDMA?
Last post by ivmads
3 Replies, 57 Views
best benzo to use with...
Last post by hotdogfrenchfries
11 Replies, 376 Views
started my own heroin detox new...
Last post by Nefret
12 Replies, 932 Views
» New Wiki Articles

Sitelinks: Information:

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:18.


Copyright: SIN Foundation 2003 - 2014, All rights reserved
"Wiki" powered by VaultWiki v3.0.20 PL 1.