Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Oxycodone
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 15-06-2012, 06:14

33 y/o Male from United States
psychoanomaly should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 93, Level: 1 Points: 93, Level: 1 Points: 93, Level: 1
Activity: 3.0% Activity: 3.0% Activity: 3.0%
Potentiating 5mg of oxycodone, need safety advice

Hey guys,

So a year or so ago, I found a 5mg perc just laying on the ground at a concert. I've had it stashed away, saving it for a special occasion. Finally that occasion has arrived.

I wish to see a movie in IMAX 3D, and I want to take the oxy to it. The problem is, I don't think 5mg will be enough.

I have no opiate tolerance, so I will feel 5mg, but it will only be a mildish buzz. I have some kratom and some DHC, and I was wondering if it would be okay to take one of these with the oxycodone to strengthen the experience. Perhaps 4g of kratom, or 80mg-120mg of dihydrocodeine with the 5mg of oxy. I don't want to nod out, but I do want to get warm and euphoric for the movie.

What do you guys think?
Old 15-06-2012, 07:02
Banned

Male from United States
baZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,240, Level: 12 Points: 7,240, Level: 12 Points: 7,240, Level: 12
Activity: 21.8% Activity: 21.8% Activity: 21.8%
Re: Potentiating 5mg of oxycodone, need safety advice

Do you want to know what I think, really? I think you're gearing up for a really dangerous experience. Those are not opiate potentiators, both DHC and Kratom are simply other opiates. (Well, Kratom may not be an opiate per se, but it does work on the same receptors and in larger doses will certainly depress the CNS system.)

You say you have no opiate tolerance, and yet you have a bunch of dihydrocodeine and Kratom just... laying around? Both of those will give you a tolerance if you've done them before. Even though they're arguably weaker than oxycodone, neither are substances to be taken lightly. Neither are substances to mix with any oxycodone if you are truly, completely, opiate naive. So if you're not opiate naive, now's the time to tell us. I'm not trying to bully you, I'm just pointing out that something's not adding up here to me.

HERE is a link to some opioid dosages for the opiate naive, including a suggestion for DHC. The recommended starting dose for DHC is 60mg, so you have more than enough to get something out of just that. So, why not just take the DHC when you go see your movie? If you're not tolerant to the effects of opiates, you should get exactly what you're looking for from that. Keep in mind, if your DHC has a bunch of APAP in it (more than 1,000mg of APAP for the desirable dose of DHC), you'll have to perform a Cold Water Extraction on the pills. HERE is a link to directions.

If you're determined to take the oxy, once again, to be perfectly clear, mixing it with other opiates or opiate-like subtances is not a safe or recommended way to do it. This is not "potentiating," this is a risky combination for anyone who is either completely or mostly opiate naive. A much safer way to potentiate most opiates would be as follows (does not work for codeine, to the best of my knowledge):

T-45: Large glass of WHITE grapefruit juice and tonic water (with QUININE, not just seltzer), two 220mg Naproxen sodium (Aleve), 400-600mg Cimetidine (Tagamet), one 25mg diphenhydramine (Benadryl), unless it's going to totally knock you out

T-25: 1500mg calcium carbonate (tums) or 1 tsp baking soda in glass of water (unless you have high BP- then take Tums)

T-0: Take your pill

None of the above ingredients will cause excess respiratory depression on their own, but may add to any respiratory depression caused by whatever opiates you take. Probably not an issue with 5mg of oxy, though. Maybe an issue with 5mg of oxy + a bunch of other crap. This is, however, a much safer way to potentiate that pill. Any one or many of the ingredients to potentiate can be removed and it can still be an effective way to boost the experience. I have taken just the tums at T-25 before with great success, if you don't have easy access to the other stuff. To be completely honest, though, 5mg of oxycodone is not a lot no matter how you cut it and no matter how you potentiate. You're way better off saving it until you can get more IMHO, no matter how you manage to do that... though no one here can help you with that, of course. Think about just going with the DHC for your movie watching pleasure.

Seriously, don't mess around with mixing multiple CNS depressants. I'd tell you that even if you had a tolerance. Look at that link to the suggested dose for DHC and either stick to that, or follow the directions above for potentiating the oxycodone but don't expect a mind blowing experience from 5mg. Obviously you're going to do what you want and 5mg is clearly not a huge amount of oxycodone, but you'd be surprised at how much the additive effects of two CNS depressants (such as oxycodone + DHC) can amount to in the non-tolerant individual. Best to avoid it if you can, and you always can avoid it.

Be safe.

Post Quality Evaluations:
great post. Good harm reduction info, provides useful links to OP- and asks questions that have to be asked. great work!

Last edited by baZING; 15-06-2012 at 07:09.
Old 15-06-2012, 07:51

I use kratom and DHC interchangeably every other weekend, sometimes less. A couple of years ago I would do kratom 2 times a week, but I have not and do not plan to take it that often again. I've never developed a tolerance, but I suppose I am not opiate naive as I am familiar with their effects. I've experimented with oxycodone and hydrocodone as well, but it's been a few years.

psychoanomaly added 11 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

I would just take DHC, but I've found the high to be somewhat unsuitable for movie watching. The experience rather jumpy, both physically and mentally, and it doesn't really enhance movie immersion. Oxycodone, on the other hand, is perfect for movies (if my memory serves correctly).

I guess if I were to take something alone, it would be kratom.

Also, I have no idea if any oxycodone will ever come my way anytime soon. I'm not particularly keen on searching around for it. Kratom and DHC are easy enough for me to use responsibly, but I don't want to take any chances with oxycodone. I'm pretty confident in my ability to moderate, but the stigma associated with oxycodone alone is enough to steer me away from seeking it out.

Do you really think it would be dangerous to mix 3g of kratom with 5mg of oxycodone, for someone like myself? I'm experienced with the substances, but I don't have any true tolerance.

Last edited by psychoanomaly; 15-06-2012 at 07:51. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 15-06-2012, 09:35
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

29 y/o Female from United Kingdom
southern girl really knows their shit.southern girl really knows their shit.southern girl really knows their shit.southern girl really knows their shit.southern girl really knows their shit.southern girl really knows their shit.southern girl really knows their shit.southern girl really knows their shit.southern girl really knows their shit.
Points: 1,921, Level: 6 Points: 1,921, Level: 6 Points: 1,921, Level: 6
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

I would like you to have a look at this thread:

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=164566

This member took codeine and kratom together and ODed and DIED. Yes he did take dihydrocodeine hours after that also. You are talking about mixing oxycodone with one or both of these and oxy is more potent than any of the listed opiates or opioids. You may think because, aside from the oxy, these are all "mild" opiates and maybe they are when used on their own. But adding them together can make a "mild" situation turn fatal.

Combining CNS depressant is always dangerous. No matter how "mild" you think they are.

Well done for asking this before actually consuming said cocktail. That is responsible drug use.

Stay safe

SG.xxx

Post Quality Evaluations:
For pointing out what happened to someone with a similar combination of drugs. A sad story, and one that must not be forgotten. Thanks for bringing this to the OP's attention.
For making ALL readers of this thread aware of the possibilities/dangers involved in this combination specifically, as well as other depressant combos. The link provided a great reminder of the gravity (and the "realness") of such situations.
Old 15-06-2012, 21:58

That thread is truly sad and disturbing

I suppose I'll only be taking some kratom to the movie. Initially I was going to take a small dose of San Pedro, but later I decided that the film may be too scary! (Prometheus)

Thanks for the advice everyone

So... whatever will I do with this 5mg of oxycodone? I did some research, and apparently this substance has a far greater bio-availability when used rectally. Does anyone here have any experience with that? I'd almost certainly need to CWE before administering it this way, right?
Old 15-06-2012, 22:57
Banned

Male from United States
baZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond reputebaZING is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,240, Level: 12 Points: 7,240, Level: 12 Points: 7,240, Level: 12
Activity: 21.8% Activity: 21.8% Activity: 21.8%

Actually, that is most likely false information regarding the rectal administration of oxycodone having a higher BA than oral use. I say "most likely" because to the best of my knowledge, it's just not something that has been thoroughly researched. I've tried looking up that information myself in the past and simply couldn't find that much. Seeing as the oral BA of oxycodone is quite high (around 87%), there's not a lot of room to go up. I don't know for sure that the rectal BA isn't higher, but from what little information I could find it would appear to be similar at best or just not as good.

What rectal administration does do, however, is provide a faster onset of action which can effect the quality of the high. As for needing a CWE, well, I don't know. What I do know is that acetaminophen is actually sometimes given as a suppository to children who have trouble swallowing pills. So, even though I normally feel like the APAP police, I do not believe acetaminophen is particularly unsafe to take rectally in therapeutic doses given that it seems to be safe for children (especially if that pill is a 5/325). This is, of course, assuming you have an otherwise healthy liver. Let me be clear, though, this is quite speculative based on what little information I could find on the matter and I'm not recommending you do it.

From what little experience I have with plugging oxycodone, I never noticed a big difference over oral administration other than the speed of onset. If anything, it really does seem weaker at the same dose. I much prefer to take it orally. The reason I have little experience is I find plugging it to be not that good a method, but that's just me. And as I've already pointed out, it would be pretty much impossible for plugging to have a "significantly" higher BA than oral even just logically, seeing as the most it could possibly be is around 13% more (again, using the 87% figure for oral BA). It depends on your definition of "significant," but I'm sure the BA of plugging isn't 100%.

To be honest, I think your best bet is to lay off all the opiates as long as you can, including the kratom. Get whatever little tolerance you have to mostly go away, and consider just trying to potentiate it given the method I explained in my previous post and taking it by mouth. Given the fact that it's unlikely the rectal BA of oxycodone is much higher than oral (if higher at all), the questionable nature of plugging APAP, and the fact that 87% absorption for oral is really quite good... Why mess around with the ROA? I'm telling you, nothing you do with 5mg is going to be some mind blowing high. Rectal administration will not change that, and IVing pills is so whacked out risky I can't even tell you (I know you weren't asking about IV, just making a general comment). The potentiating method I gave you above should, at the very least, add to whatever slight buzz you may be able to achieve. Even for how occasional your DHC and kratom use is, you may get no high at all. It's hard to say... But I do firmly think this is both your best and safest plan of action.

Hope that helps. Be safe.

Last edited by baZING; 15-06-2012 at 23:09.
Old 16-06-2012, 00:53

Last time I did OC, it was after I had my wisdom teeth removed. 5mg affected me, but 10mg was needed for a solid buzz.

I'm certain I'd feel it, but I'm also certain that you're correct that 5mg isn't much of anything, even without a tolerance. Perhaps I'll just take it next time I trip to smooth things out a little. I'm also definitely not down with IV.

Share this on:

Tags
dihydrocodeine, kratom, oxycodone