Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > RECOVERY & ADDICTION > Drug Addiction & Recovery > Opiate addiction
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Opiate addiction Support for coping with Opiate addiction and Opiate addiction treatment.

Old 14-06-2012, 22:22
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from United States
subbbhuman is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 145, Level: 1 Points: 145, Level: 1 Points: 145, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Taking one dose of short acting opiate to end suboxone WDs ?

My friend is on day 2 of suboxone detox ... expecting hell. He is wondering if he take Oxycodone or a short acting opiate only 1 time , if it will end withdrawlas permanantly ? His method of thinking is ... " the short acting op will wipe the receptors clean of suboxone , thus ending withdrawls " he doesnt want to take for more than 1 time , one dose and thats it. your thoughts people ? thanks .. Joe .
Old 15-06-2012, 04:24
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
RaoulDuke32 is captain of the psychonauts.RaoulDuke32 is captain of the psychonauts.RaoulDuke32 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 275, Level: 2 Points: 275, Level: 2 Points: 275, Level: 2
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%
Re: Taking one dose of short acting opiate to end suboxone WDs ?

No. In short this will not work. Wiping the receptors clean (if thats what this would do, which it wont), would send you into precipitated withdrawal. You w/d because of the lack of opiate receptors firing in your brain.

If you take oxy once, it wont do much. maybe get you a little buzz. set your withdrawals back a day at most.

You need to stick this out and just try to come off suboxone. I just read someones post about a living hell coming off .5mg daily, but for most its not so bad. I can come off .25 mg no problem, and its no problem to taper to that.

Where are you at with suboxone? It is best to taper to .25 mg or so every other day and then come off. You shouldnt feel too bad.

Post Quality Evaluations:
good, informative advice
Old 15-06-2012, 05:51
Palladium Member

Female from Earth
ex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 5,765, Level: 11 Points: 5,765, Level: 11 Points: 5,765, Level: 11
Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbbhuman View Post
My friend is on day 2 of suboxone detox ... expecting hell. He is wondering if he take Oxycodone or a short acting opiate only 1 time , if it will end withdrawlas permanantly ? His method of thinking is ... " the short acting op will wipe the receptors clean of suboxone , thus ending withdrawls " he doesnt want to take for more than 1 time , one dose and thats it. your thoughts people ? thanks .. Joe .
The only drugs that will clear opioids/opiates from your opiate receptors are naloxone and naltrexone. This antagonistic effect only lasts for the duration of the drug. Naloxone is short acting and competes with opiate receptors, therefore within forty mins the opiates are able to reattach to the receptors. Naltrexone is also competitive, but lasts much longer (arguable exactly how long, but let's say 2-4 days for a rough idea). Please don't try doing this without medical supervision, unless you fancy self-administering a rapid detox.

These are opiate receptor antagonists. Suboxone is a partial opiate receptor agonist, as well as antagonist. The withdrawals that you are experiencing are the result of the opiates wearing off of your opiate receptors. If you take oxycodone, all you are going to do is fill those opiate receptors temporarily, and then make them cry to be filled with opiates again.

Post Quality Evaluations:
good work, explaining how receptors work when w/ding, good answer to the OP
Old 15-06-2012, 16:25
Silver Member

thanks for the reply guys. i heard of naltrxone but i have no access to it. I'm on day 3 . i have some kratom also for the same reason... to wipe the receptors . but i dont think that will work , according to what you've told me. and NOOO i do not fancy a rapid detox. have heard horror stories of people not waking up etc.. thanks to both of you for the advice. will keep perservering.

subbbhuman added 1 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

oh and to answer your question i was taking around 1mg maybe even less ..

Last edited by subbbhuman; 15-06-2012 at 16:25. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 16-06-2012, 21:53
Silver Member

would kratom have an agonist or antagonist effect of clearing receptors ? cuz hes got a pretty good amount of jumbo maeng da kratom
Old 27-06-2012, 03:15
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
RaoulDuke32 is captain of the psychonauts.RaoulDuke32 is captain of the psychonauts.RaoulDuke32 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 275, Level: 2 Points: 275, Level: 2 Points: 275, Level: 2
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

kratom is an agonist. It will draw out any withdrawals you are having. Anything that will ease your w/ds will be an opiate or a partial opiate. An antagonist will send you INTO w/ds. Hard. But your receptors will be clean, or "wiped", so it will only last 2-4 days rather than 5-7. or up to a month or more on suboxone actually.

1mg is still a decent dose. Its not hard to get down to .25mg. why not try that?
Old 27-06-2012, 17:58
Silver Member

sorry just saw this now. Well he jumped 15 days ago so theres no turning back ! thanks for the info though ! what you said about the kratom clearing me out , i think it worked

Share this on:

Tags
opiates, suboxone