Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Amphetamine Amphetamine AKA speed

Old 13-06-2012, 02:27

37 y/o Male from United States
curiousnewbie should review received reputation comments.
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%
Vyvanse not working after smoking bath salts / "legal powders"...

SWIM and SWI my wife have been smoking "legal" powders or bath salts for the last month or so (i.e. Pump It "stain Remover", 99 mph "metal cleaner", Snowman "glass cleaner", Amped "ladybug attractant, and GoGo).

Anyway, SWI us recently tried, on a couple of occasions, taking 60mg and 120mg doses of Vyvanse and found that it had absolutely no effect...

I understand that the drug must be metabolized in the GI tract to take effect, but I was wondering if any of you chemistry buffs could possibly explain why the above listed "bath salts" might negate the effects of the Vyvanse?

Any input would be truley appriciated.

Thanks!

Post Quality Evaluations:
Please reread the rules. The use of SWIM is highly discouraged, and there is no need to avoid potentially incriminating oneself if speaking of drug use - past, present or future. Thanks!
Old 13-06-2012, 04:13
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Dr.Evil really knows their shit.Dr.Evil really knows their shit.Dr.Evil really knows their shit.Dr.Evil really knows their shit.Dr.Evil really knows their shit.Dr.Evil really knows their shit.Dr.Evil really knows their shit.Dr.Evil really knows their shit.Dr.Evil really knows their shit.Dr.Evil really knows their shit.
Points: 1,653, Level: 6 Points: 1,653, Level: 6 Points: 1,653, Level: 6
Activity: 2.8% Activity: 2.8% Activity: 2.8%
Re: Vyvanse not working after smoking bath salts / "legal powders"...

It is most likely because you have developed tolerance to the effects of ampetamine (active ingredient in Vyvanse). The main ingredient in bath salts is most likely a derivative of MDPV (or a similar chemical analog) which has effects similar to amphetamine and methylphenidate (active ingredient in Ritalin/Concerta) but is somewhere along the lines of 10x more active (it hasn't been studied very much).

So depending on how much you have been smoking you have probably just developed a remarkable tolerance to the stimulant effects. This happens from biochemical changes in your brain, most likely, the norepinephrine and dopamine reuptake transporters.

I also hate to be a buzzkill, but you should really think if using bath salts is worth it for a little buzz. They are EXTREMELY DANGEROUS and you are, for lack of a better term, playing russian roulette with you and your wifes lives when you use these drugs. Just look around the internet and you will see how dangerous these substances can be. You would be better off just using Vyvanse or some other type of stimulant.
Old 13-06-2012, 05:59

37 y/o Male from United States
curiousnewbie should review received reputation comments.
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Thank you for the response and information Dr. Evil.

First of all, SWIM is a very experienced drug user...especially in the area of stimulants. SWIM has used meth, primarily inhallation, for the better part of the last 15 years. Over the last year, she has transitioned to RC's, Vyvanse, and, as of the last couple of months, these "legal powders".

I am still having some problems understanding this:

First of all, SWIM recently, after receiving no effect from the Vyvanse, Inhallated approxemately 100-150mg of 2-fma, and injected about 80-100mg of 4-fa. Although the effects may not have been pronounced, and the duration might not have been as long as others reporting experiences with these drugs, the effects were still undoubtably there.

I can understand tolerance, but 120mg of Vyvanse usually is enough to provide strong effects even with tolerance...

Seeing that the other RC's still had effect, I was wondering if the unique absorbtion / activation of the d-meth in Vyvanse could be specifically affected by the bath salts?

This is more out of curiosity... SWIM ordered 5g of 4-fa to use in place of the bath salts as she is realizing just how harmful and addictive these drugs can be...
Old 14-06-2012, 14:01
Gold Finger

33 y/o Female from United States
chibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,288, Level: 7 Points: 2,288, Level: 7 Points: 2,288, Level: 7
Activity: 10.3% Activity: 10.3% Activity: 10.3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousnewbie View Post
First of all, SWIM is a very experienced drug user...especially in the area of stimulants. SWIM has used meth, primarily inhallation, for the better part of the last 15 years. Over the last year, she has transitioned to RC's, Vyvanse, and, as of the last couple of months, these "legal powders".
My best guess is that the RCs managed to create some tolerance that meth didn't; I can't think of anything they might do to prevent Vyvanse absorption or anything like that. It's possible the RCs might affect vyvanse metabolism, but one would have to know exactly what was in the powder to begin to speculate on that.
Old 14-06-2012, 18:11
DiabolicScheme DiabolicScheme is nu online
Titanium Member

Male from United States
DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.
Points: 1,174, Level: 5 Points: 1,174, Level: 5 Points: 1,174, Level: 5
Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8%

Unfortunately this is a problem with legal highs.
a) we have no idea what is in them (even products with the EXACT same name could have different active ingredients between the two)
b) we have no idea what the mode of action is

I think the most likely explaination is that one of those products had a cross-tolerance reaction with Vyvanse making it far less potent than it used to be. I think you'll need to take a few days break from any of these drugs to see of tolerance comes back down. Its very much possible one of those products had something in it that was extremely potent in comparison to Vyvanse making it feel like nothing.

I don't think it would affect metabolism of Vyvanse because after a period of time (24-48 hrs) the stuff should be out of your system and no longer inteferring with the metabolism of Vyvanse.
Old 15-06-2012, 02:03
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

27 y/o Male from United States
Rudyak is learning how to become a psychonaut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousnewbie View Post
SWIM and SWI my wife have been smoking "legal" powders or bath salts for the last month or so (i.e. Pump It "stain Remover", 99 mph "metal cleaner", Snowman "glass cleaner", Amped "ladybug attractant, and GoGo).

Anyway, SWI us recently tried, on a couple of occasions, taking 60mg and 120mg doses of Vyvanse and found that it had absolutely no effect...

I understand that the drug must be metabolized in the GI tract to take effect, but I was wondering if any of you chemistry buffs could possibly explain why the above listed "bath salts" might negate the effects of the Vyvanse?

Any input would be truley appriciated.

Thanks!
That pretty much answered your question (bold).

Your taking an unknown substance(es) , with an amphetamine pro drug -- and having complications.

Unless you can find a magician to reveal the chemicals (or poison) in commercial designer drugs -- no one here can answer your question.

If you were abusing research chemicals , maybe someone could give you an idea of what the issues your having might be , but asking the question "I'm smoking a substance(es) and its affecting my medication effectiveness , what's wrong?" is like calling the poison control center , telling them you ate something -- have no idea what it is , and wondering if your in danger ?

No one can answer your question -- some may try , but you can't solve x + Vyvance =

Because X is unknown , unregulated , and may randomly change values.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Well said, simple to understand

Share this on: