Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Hydrocodone
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 12-06-2012, 16:24
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
trdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,318, Level: 12 Points: 7,318, Level: 12 Points: 7,318, Level: 12
Activity: 4.6% Activity: 4.6% Activity: 4.6%
Plugging hydrocodone, or putting it under the tounge, what am I doing wrong?

I have some questions as both methods I put in the title I have either never tried, or have not tried the correct way.

First off, which is more efficient at giving the best deliverance when it comes to hydrocodone, plugging a CWE of 35mg, or taking that 35mg sublingualy?

Second thing, my understanding of taking a substance sulingualy is to place it under the tongue. When I did my reading it said that hydrocodone should be able to be taken this way and should be a little more effective than taking it orally. I have given it the good ol college try but the pill/s never dissolve all the way, instead some of it/them dissolves and I have most of it left......after even like a half an hour. I get nothing but a time lapse and disappointment between part of it dissolving and part of it being swallowed. What in the world am I doing wrong?

Third thing, if I were to plug 35mg of hydrocodne would I get any kind of feeling from it and would it be overall safe if done after a CWE? I can take up to 55mg safely because of tolerance...thank you.
Old 19-06-2012, 01:51
On Hiatus

Male from United States
baZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumbaZING is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,642, Level: 11 Points: 6,642, Level: 11 Points: 6,642, Level: 11
Activity: 19.6% Activity: 19.6% Activity: 19.6%
Re: Plugging hydrocodone, or putting it under the tounge, what am I doing wrong?

This is kind of a tricky question and one that I don't have a whole TON of knowledge on, but I might be able to be of some help anyway. Most of the information I can find regarding sublingual administration of opiates (and it's not a lot) does not include hydrocodone in the list, but I've still come across some things that could be of some use. Unfortunately, all of the sources I have pulled up right now are from .gov sites, so I'll just have to do my best to translate it here.

Basically, it would seem that in most cases, sublingual administration really only boosts the speed of onset and overall effectiveness in lipid-soluble/lipophilic opiates. These would be drugs like methadone and (I believe) buprenorphine. There are others, of course, but those are the most obvious. As hydrocodone is not lipid-soluble, but rather water soluable, it would seem that sublingual administration would not be a great deal better than oral... especially given the fact that your pills have APAP in them and hydrocodone's oral BA is relatively high. Even if hydrocodone were lipophilic, I'm sure all that APAP is getting in the way as well.

Another interesting article I came across was one regarding the sublingual administration of oxycodone. Bear with me; I know they're different drugs, but they do have similar properties in terms of water solubility and the bioavailabilities for other ROAs. Here's some of the abstract:

Quote:
The effect of formulation pH on sublingual absorption of oxycodone was also tested on rabbits that had received oxycodone sublingually at a dose of 0.1 mg/0.1 mL (pH 4.0 and 9.0). Blood samples were collected at different time points, and plasma oxycodone concentrations were determined by LC/MS. Following administration of a 0.1 mg dose, the average Cmax values were found to be 64.9±12.1 and 95.2±10.1 ng/mL, for pH 4.0 and 9.0, respectively. The area under the curve (AUC) values were found to be 5807.0, and 8965.3 ng.min/mL for formulation pH 4.0 and 9.0, respectively. The mean sublingual bioavailability of oxycodone was 45.4%±20.1% and 70.1%±17.9%, for pH 4.0 and 9.0, respectively.
So, the effect of pH on sublingual administration is quite great (higher pH of formulation = higher sublingual absorption) and I assume it would be similar for hydrocodone. That's just a guess on my part, but I don't think it's an reasonable one. There's no way I know of to change the pH of your pills (which is a chemistry discussion, anyway, and not suitable for out here) so I'm thinking the sublingual route is not one that's ever going to work based on what you have.

Plugging is a different story. Plugging hydrocodne should work after a CWE, but I'm not particularly comfortable advising you on a dose. I don't think what you said sounds unreasonable, but always better to ere on the lower side of caution. Plugging is a matter of very personal preference, though. It should work in theory, but you may just not like it that much. Or you may love it. I've had success with plugging hydrocodone in the past, but much preferred to eat it. I just found that it worked better. Same with oxycodone, even though there is a pretty significant minority of users of oxycodone who plug it religiously. Mind you, this has nothing to do with anything else other than the fact that I just don't find it works as well... just a bit faster.

In any event, I hope that helps. If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask. Like I said, I'm definitely not overflowing with knowledge about this but I'll do what I can to help.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good detailed answers.
Old 21-06-2012, 06:44

32 y/o Male from United States
watson540 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Plugging hydrocodone, or putting it under the tounge, what am I doing wrong?

Don't try to do all that crazy snaz of trying to get a better high with tabs... Just like stated above, with the high oral bioavailability with hydrocodone, just swallow the things. Every time that you do a CWE, you loose a few opiotes in the process. Now the most important thing to remember about hydrocodone is that it is partially metabolised into hydromorphone from the liver. FYI... Hydromorphone is a much stronger opiot than morphine or oxycodone in my cats opinion. I believe that this important step of metabolism is skipped or bypassed when hydro is used but any way but oral. This is just my cats 2 cents and he has been taking hydrocodone for 15 years plus...

Post Quality Evaluations:
Some of this is confusing. While hydromorphone IS stronger than oxycodone or morphine, hydrocodone is only partially metabolized into hydromorph in liver. Hydrocodone itself is weaker than oxycodone. Plugging can be an effective method of consumption

Share this on:

Tags
hydrocodone

» New Threads
Anyone else on sub wake up hardly...
Last post by Trying Again
12 Replies, 287 Views
things around house to get high...
Last post by mecooliez
70 Replies, 1,496,161 Views
Legal drugs, research chemicals...
Last post by scimor