Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills > Benzodiazepines
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Benzodiazepines All about benzodiazepines (downers)

Old 09-06-2012, 13:14
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
crkdvnm is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
if i take 4 mg of Xanax when will it be out of my system. Not a daily user.

So as the question states. What do you think? I'm 140. 5 8. I don't do xanax on a daily basis.
Old 09-06-2012, 14:37
Horned Demon-Monkey Horned Demon-Monkey is nu online
Silver Member

Male from Earth
Horned Demon-Monkey is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 312, Level: 2 Points: 312, Level: 2 Points: 312, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: if i take 4 mg of Xanax when will it be out of my system. Not a daily user.

Alprazolam is rather short-acting benzodiazepine. Its half-life is ~11 hours. It means that after 11 hours blood plasma concentration of Xanax should be reduced by about an one-half. Now it depends what you mean by "out of system". Do you mean how long pharmacological effects may last, how long it is detectable in your fluids (by wide-spread methods) or how long it would take to have it completely eliminated.

I suppose you're interested how long it could be detectable. I haven't found any reliable experiments or studies about it, but the general belief seems to be somewhere between 3-12 days for a single dose. It depends on your metabolism and how much water you drink (consume more to speed it up). But as I said, the suggested time period is just gathered from various online sources and may be incorrect. If someone has trustworthy information, I would be interested about it as-well.
Old 09-06-2012, 14:46
Silver Member

34 y/o Male from Finland
fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.
Points: 895, Level: 4 Points: 895, Level: 4 Points: 895, Level: 4
Activity: 5.8% Activity: 5.8% Activity: 5.8%

One source claims that:

"The length of time any drug stays in your system will vary. In large part, it depends on your physiological makeup (e.g., your physical height, weight, your amount of body fat, your age, current state of health, whether or not you exercise mildly-aggressively-or at all). Whether or not you are undergoing any degree of stress (i.e., your "state of mind") at the time you ingest drugs can play a part as well.Still other considerations include your "frequency" of use (1x per day? 3-5x per day?), the "quantity" of drug you used each time, and the "length of time" (days? weeks? months?) of your consistent drug-use prior to your drug test. Even the quality ("potency") of the drug you ingest determines "how long" the drug is detectable in your system when your urine is analyzed (tested) at the lab."
However, for most people, detectable levels (i.e., shows up as a "positive" in a laboratory drug test) of the following drugs stay in the body for these approximate periods of time:

Benzodiazepines (e.g., Ativan, Halcion, Librium, Rohypnol, Valium; Roofies, Tranks, Xanax), 2-3 days

^ However, that quote is silly, since for example Valium (diazepam) has insanely long half-life, and my common sense says that it should be detectable for longer because of that. *shrugs*, just found that quote and wanted to share.
Old 09-06-2012, 15:10
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
crkdvnm is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

Yeah. Just curious how long its detectable. I drink plenty of water anyways so that's never a problemproblem
Old 09-06-2012, 15:19
Gold Member

Female from United Kingdom
catseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,085, Level: 11 Points: 6,085, Level: 11 Points: 6,085, Level: 11
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

2008 Mayo Clinic UA Guidelines for Clinicians state that short-acting benzos such as alprazolam are detectable for up to 3 days - longer acting ones such as diazepam up to 30 days.
I believe the pdf I'm quoting is in the archives if needed

As already stated, a lot depends on individual metabolism, BMI, liver/kidney function, etc
Old 09-06-2012, 19:36
Silver Member

Male from Earth
reef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way up
Points: 1,591, Level: 6 Points: 1,591, Level: 6 Points: 1,591, Level: 6
Activity: 20.5% Activity: 20.5% Activity: 20.5%

I was a daily user and the last 4 days of the taper I used Clonazepam which has a longer half-life, but the test came back negative. The test was administered 3 days after my last dose. I had a fast metabolism and I was about 170lbs.
Old 09-06-2012, 20:15
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from Earth
TouchMeImSick_ is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Quote:
I went to an NA meeting last night and the guy speaking was named SWIMMER. I shit you not. I had to excuse myself and go out in the hall and laugh. My sponsor was checking my pupils for the rest of the night.

- Morrigan_la_Fey

fehs, I know this is completely off topic, but your Quote is hilarious!

Also, if you drink a lot of water like I do, the Xanax in my system has been eliminated in 4 days time. I'm inclined to believe like what catseye said by the way, that other Benzo's with a definite longer half-life than Alprazolam will stay in your system a bit longer. Clonozepam has stayed in my system before around 17 days. That was, of course, after having took if for around 18 months straight.

But yeah, if its Xanax you're speaking of, it won't stick around in your system long. Even if you drink lots of carbonated beverages, I believe it should be out of your system anywhere between 3-5 days TOPS. All the best!

Share this on:

Tags
xanax