Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Downers and sleeping pills Anxiety Meds, Sleeping Pills and Skeletal Muscle Relaxants

Old 03-06-2012, 12:54

24 y/o Male from India
whoru007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Strong Sedative available OTC.

Hi Guys,

SWIM travels frequently from across the world from India/Asia to NY and CF/TX. Flight takes very long and after reaching SWIM faces difficulty in sleep and feels restlessness due to Jet Lag and constant meeting. I would love to know few things,
  1. Suggest some good and strong Sedatives/Sleeping Pills (Hypnotic effect would be plus) available OTC (something like Benzo et al). Effect must start in 30-60 mins after taking orally and must not last longer than 8-10 Hrs. Lower the side-effect after wake up better it would be. I can easily get prescription from Doc (Either in India, Kuala Lumpur, NY and CF). Heard about laws in USA so I won't mind getting something from an Asian country.
  2. Good mood enhancer (something which can act like LSD but not difficult to get OTC).
Old 03-06-2012, 13:07
Palladium Member

Female from Earth
ex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 5,548, Level: 10 Points: 5,548, Level: 10 Points: 5,548, Level: 10
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%
Re: Strong Sedative available OTC.

Take a look at this list. I wouldn't bother with benzodiazepines when there is a non-addictive alternative that works just as good/better in some cases.
Attached Files
File Type: docx otc-template-pi-sedating-antihistamine.docx (27.3 KB, 105 views)
Old 03-06-2012, 15:19

24 y/o Male from India

Are you sure about that AFAIK Benzos supposed to be stronger than any First Generation Antihistamine (such as Diphenhydramine and Doxylamine) correct me if I am wrong.
Old 03-06-2012, 19:03
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
dala is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 101, Level: 1 Points: 101, Level: 1 Points: 101, Level: 1

sedative antihistimines i find to cuase a grogginess hangover the next day.
Etixolam is a non prescription, non controlled sedative, it is probalely the easiest to get. It is not primary a tablet for sleeping but it has effective sedative properties...
only not sure of its legality in others countries...

dala added 7 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

I dont think there is any OCT product that is going to be a mood enhanser like LSD, maybe you coulld try the RC market, 25-X-NBOMe products seem to have somehwat simmilar effects although I havent tried them as yet. Maye you could go mushie picking in whatever part of the world you are...

Last edited by dala; 03-06-2012 at 19:03. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-06-2012, 16:49

24 y/o Male from India

Ok so are there any drugs available upon Doc's Prescription for Sleep which are strong? I would love to know them. RC Market are you kidding? It could end up in anything (sorry for this). I am interested in Mushrooms but not much idea about their effect and mostly how to get them?
Old 04-06-2012, 17:06
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from USA - Minnesota
godztear really adds to the discussion.godztear really adds to the discussion.godztear really adds to the discussion.godztear really adds to the discussion.godztear really adds to the discussion.godztear really adds to the discussion.
Points: 2,042, Level: 6 Points: 2,042, Level: 6 Points: 2,042, Level: 6
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%

Melatonin is used to treat insomnia and should be available over the counter in most countries. Some countries may require a prescription though.

Melatonin is natrually produced in the human body and many other forms of life so it is considered very safe, with everything from pill tablets to brownies made with it.
Old 04-06-2012, 17:37
Titanium Member

29 y/o Male from United States
(NS)-M-Lo-Reason probably knows what they are talking about.(NS)-M-Lo-Reason probably knows what they are talking about.(NS)-M-Lo-Reason probably knows what they are talking about.(NS)-M-Lo-Reason probably knows what they are talking about.(NS)-M-Lo-Reason probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 588, Level: 3 Points: 588, Level: 3 Points: 588, Level: 3
Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3%

I think what the above poster said as far as sedative antihistamines being stronger than benzodiazepines has to do specifically with their ability to induce sleep. My manticore finds that antihistamines quite reliably produce a natural tiredness in him at recommended doses, although next day grogginess can be an issue. Benzodiazepines can and do induce sleep, but in his experience this is not always the case, and a lot of times (in particular the z-drugs, which aren't benzos but are a likely drug to get a prescription for if one goes to the doctor about insomnia) the sleep induced is preceeded by alarmingly stupid and reckless behavior, usually in the midst of a blackout, and in his opinion this is not a situation one would wish to experience in a foreign country, unless one is interested in paying lots of money to avoid serious legal trouble.

Might I suggest something which I believe has not been mentioned, but my manticore swears by for sleep. Kava root, taken the traditional way in drink form is an amazing sleep aid. It is legal in most parts of the world, has few side effects in normal doses (my manticore has gotten quite intoxicated from a large dose of it, and this manifested in severe drunkenness, vomiting, equillibrium impairment and immediate "head hits the pillow" sleep). It comes as either a root powder, which one would put into a fine mesh material and squeeze the fine particles through to eliminate the coarser grain garbage, pills containing the root powder which my manticore has been known to crack open, mix with water, and drink, or extracts which he finds are a waste of time and an even bigger waste of money. They are very expensive, work only sporadically, and are difficult to prepare a drink out of which he finds is the best way to achieve real effects. By the way, the taste is not very pleasant, think cayenne pepper, cinnamon and dirt mixed into water, but it has rapid local anesthetic properties on the mucus membranes so it is kinda pleasant to drink if one likes to reminisce on the disco era (if that is too cryptic for you I apologize). Anyway happy traveling, Asia and India are wonderfully humbling places to visit, full of gorgeous women, good(ish) food (China not so much, let's just say Panda Express did not prepare me adequately for the torture I would have to go through to receive sustinence in rural China) and new and exciting cultural experiences. I hope this has helped!

Post Quality Evaluations:
A varied, entertaining, and informative description of an alternative.
Old 04-06-2012, 22:09

24 y/o Male from India

I should reformulate my question.

Need something that can Induce Sleep, I don't want to remember anything during sleep (I already have immense thoughts during work), Less grogginess (I know it can't be none), must act for at-least 4-6 Hrs, Getting doctor's prescription is not a big deal. I don't want Kava or any other thing which is not a tablet and can't be swallowed.

Apart from that I holds a business visa so there won't be any legal trouble (People where I live are very much helpful). Please help me.

whoru007 added 17 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

Need something that can Induce Sleep, I don't want to remember anything during sleep (I already have immense thoughts during work), Less grogginess (I know it can't be none), must act for at-least 4-6 Hrs, Getting doctor's prescription is not a big deal. I don't want Kava or any other thing which is not a tablet and can't be swallowed. Pills with Hypnotic effects will be excellent if not thn suggest some hypnotic tabs which can be taken along with above pills.

Apart from that I holds a business visa so there won't be any legal trouble (People where I live are very much helpful). Please help me.

Last edited by whoru007; 04-06-2012 at 22:09. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-06-2012, 16:51
Silver Member

godztear really adds to the discussion.godztear really adds to the discussion.godztear really adds to the discussion.godztear really adds to the discussion.godztear really adds to the discussion.godztear really adds to the discussion.

Maybe you overlooked my post, or maybe did not see it. You are looking for tablets, Melatonin comes in tablets, gel caps, powder, or liquid forms and is meant to be taken orally. Here is an expert from Jet Lag Wikipedia document.

Quote:
Melatonin

Melatonin is present in the bloodstream naturally in differing amounts according to the time of day. It is produced by the pineal gland in darkness; secretion stops when there is light to the eyes. It plays a key role in the circadian rhythm which regulates various significant body functions.[8]

A 2005 study showed that melatonin was effective in helping people fall asleep at doses of 0.3 milligrams (mg). Then, to treat the jet lag, the recommended dose of melatonin is 0.3–0.5 mg, to be taken the first day of traveling. Administration of higher doses can cause sleepiness, lethargy, confusion, and decreased mental sharpness.[6]
Hypnotic? Not so much, but you will be asleep so it will be hard to remember anything while your brain rests.
Old 05-06-2012, 21:36

24 y/o Male from India

Quote:
Originally Posted by godztear View Post
Maybe you overlooked my post, or maybe did not see it. You are looking for tablets, Melatonin comes in tablets, gel caps, powder, or liquid forms and is meant to be taken orally. Here is an expert from Jet Lag Wikipedia document.

Hypnotic? Not so much, but you will be asleep so it will be hard to remember anything while your brain rests.
Can someone or some noise wake me up between I don't want any disturbance in sleep?
Old 06-06-2012, 05:22
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoru007 View Post
Can someone or some noise wake me up between I don't want any disturbance in sleep?
Are you tryin to rape someone?

I ask because you want to know about memory so much, I think that you should look elsewhere for "Knock em out" pills
Old 06-06-2012, 08:57

24 y/o Male from India

Quote:
Are you tryin to rape someone?

I ask because you want to know about memory so much, I think that you should look elsewhere for "Knock em out" pills
Are you fool. I clearly mentioned the use in my first regarding its use. Why someone has to do a rape when you can get so much desperate girls in the world.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:48
Silver Member

22 y/o Female from United Kingdom
[tanarilla.] is on the way up[tanarilla.] is on the way up[tanarilla.] is on the way up
Points: 1,004, Level: 4 Points: 1,004, Level: 4 Points: 1,004, Level: 4

I think that doxylamine is the best, I used it to 'wean' off Zopiclone, and I was happy with the results. After I've been taking Zopiclone for 3 weeks to re-establish a sleeping pattern [I had to re-establish my sleeping patterns altogether, after spending 2 weeks awake] I decided to see if I could get to sleep using something else, and doxylamine did the job perfectly
Old 06-06-2012, 22:42

24 y/o Male from India

After some research I found these Zolpidem & Zaleplon. Is there anythings better than them or which one is best.
Old 06-06-2012, 23:55
Silver Member

Male from United States
bosshallucy is an unknown quantity at this point

Melatonin... thats what I recommend
Old 08-06-2012, 19:18
Silver Member

Quote:
Are you fool. I clearly mentioned the use in my first regarding its use. Why someone has to do a rape when you can get so much desperate girls in the world.
I am glad you got the humor. At least I think you did.

Staying at a hotel can sometimes be annoying, depending on how full it is. With accurate doses of Melatonin you should not have to worry about small disturbances, but it will allow you to wake up if the hotel fire alarm is going off and not be in a complete stupor to not know where the door is.
Old 08-06-2012, 21:00

24 y/o Male from India

Quote:
I am glad you got the humor. At least I think you did.

Staying at a hotel can sometimes be annoying, depending on how full it is. With accurate doses of Melatonin you should not have to worry about small disturbances, but it will allow you to wake up if the hotel fire alarm is going off and not be in a complete stupor to not know where the door is.
You seems be good person. Why I am insisting on Hypnotic-Sedative is its More Pleasure + I am very sensitive to things happening around me. Usually little noise also spoils my night.

What is better in this case Zolpidem or Doxylamine or Melatonin OR there is something else too. Please no crappy stuff.
Old 09-06-2012, 21:39
Silver Member

Zolpidem may be too strong for your needs. With all the associated risky side effects, someone not accustomed to taking the drug could easily find themselves urinating in the hotels ice machine without realizing it, aka sleepwalking, completely over sleeping their business obligations, or making it to the business meeting just to forget what the day's meeting is suppose to be about.
Old 19-06-2012, 19:41
Titanium Member

(NS)-M-Lo-Reason probably knows what they are talking about.(NS)-M-Lo-Reason probably knows what they are talking about.(NS)-M-Lo-Reason probably knows what they are talking about.(NS)-M-Lo-Reason probably knows what they are talking about.(NS)-M-Lo-Reason probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 588, Level: 3 Points: 588, Level: 3 Points: 588, Level: 3
Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3%

Well, seeing as you seem uninterested in anything that isn't a pill, I want to echo the above with the melatonin comment. Reliably induces sleep (in a percentage of the population, I will elaborate), has a short half life so no grogginess in reasonable doses, and is easy to get although I believe it is controlled in certain countries, I want to say Australia but that may be wrong. I know it's a "western" nation though, just can't think of the specifics.

There is one problem with melatonin. I have read that only about two thirds of the population is able to gain an effect from orally introduced, exogenous melatonin. That means that you have a 33% chance of getting absolutely nothing out of this drug. I am not one of those people, melatonin definitely works very well for me, but I have had issues with nightmares while taking it. And I'm a big boy don't get me wrong, but when I say nightmares I mean the kind that make you feel strange for 24 hrs after you wake up. You will probably dream the whole time you are asleep if it works for you, but it's a flip of the coin whether those dreams will involve Brazilian models or Hellraiser.

I still vote for kava, it's a sedative hypnotic that is legal, effective, and definitely pleasurable. The z-drugs are extremely addictive, new research seems to indicate even more so than many benzodiazepines (my guess is probably due to the quick onset and short duration, making them the "crack" of GABA receptor agonists) and doxylamine is effective but probably not very pleasurable and likely to induce grogginess. You have lots of good information in this thread, please let us know how you chose to use it and what your results are.
Old 19-06-2012, 21:47
Silver Member

no eff eks is on the way upno eff eks is on the way upno eff eks is on the way up
Points: 635, Level: 3 Points: 635, Level: 3 Points: 635, Level: 3

I don't want to discourage you from trying melatonin, but it is certainly not helpful in inducing sleep for me personally. I have had positive results taking things which metabolize into melatonin eventually (I believe it was tryptophan and 5-HTP that were melatonin precursors, but don't take me at my word on that).

Z-drugs like zaleplon and zolpedim are basically ultra-short acting sedatives... just look up all the problems associated with short-acting benzodiazapines and/or barbiturates to get an idea of what those drugs can do (though unlikely to kill you like a barb, still insanely addictive mentally and physically).
Old 19-06-2012, 22:41
Palladium Member

37 y/o Female from United Kingdom
una_cavaletta really adds to the discussion.una_cavaletta really adds to the discussion.una_cavaletta really adds to the discussion.una_cavaletta really adds to the discussion.una_cavaletta really adds to the discussion.una_cavaletta really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,714, Level: 6 Points: 1,714, Level: 6 Points: 1,714, Level: 6
Activity: 3.9% Activity: 3.9% Activity: 3.9%

Basically what they said about Z-drugs (like Zolpidem or Ambien). My doc gave them to me for temp sleep probs; apparently some people experience euphoria and hallucinations when taken at high doses (if you resist sleep). Didn't really work for my bunny. It will send you to sleep but is famous for not KEEPING you asleep, mind. I find it only really works for a few nights, then you have to take a few weeks off for it to work again.
Old 20-06-2012, 03:04
Gold Member

Male from United States
staples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medline
Points: 2,982, Level: 8 Points: 2,982, Level: 8 Points: 2,982, Level: 8
Activity: 7.9% Activity: 7.9% Activity: 7.9%

One issue with asking for such specific advice on a public forum is that you're going to get a lot of suggestions based on the (self- or professionally-administered) treatment of issues that are only similar in that they relate to trouble with sleep. Some have hinted at the idea of adjusting circadian rhythm, but the OP also expresses concerns with sleeping lightly, and also hints at the idea of an uninterrupted constant stream of thoughts at least during a natural waking phase (suggesting anxiety but not very specific).

From Pharmacology of Sleep, Chapter 3: Principles of Chronopharmacology and the Sleep-Wake Rhythm (emphasis mine):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Lag, Sleeping Pills, Melatonin and Bright Light
A transmeridian flight across five or more time zones is usually associated with sleep deprivation. Experimental studies have produced interesting findings (Fröberg et al. 1972). Prolonged (75h vigil) sleep deprivation has shown the persistence of all documented circadian rhythms. Epinephrine, norepinephrine and temperature rhythms maintained similar 24-h mean levels respectively while performance tests deteriorated and self-rated fatigue increased over time. Since sleep deprivation reduces performance and increases fatigue the use of sleeping pills under certain circumstances and for short time spans may help some passengers. But this has nothing to do with the adjustment of a passenger's biological rhythms to local time.

In fact, many investigators have been dreaming of a wonder drug for resetting all biological clocks (Reinberg et al. 1988). Such a drug does not exist as yet and it is difficult to believe that it ever will. It has been given the name of chronobiotic (Simpson et al. 1973). The name is presently used to designate a substance (or a therapeutic means) able to reset (or shift) a limited group of biological rhythms (Reinberg and Ashkenazi 1993).

The use of melatonin has been proposed by Adredt et al. (1986a,b) to alleviate jet lag symptoms. Melatonin is normally secreted during the night hours, an endogenous circadian rhythm controlled by the superchiasmatic nucleus. However, bright light (>2500 lux) in man is able to turn down this nocturnal secretion. In addition, melatonin has a mild hypnotic effect and can be used as such. It may well be that the observed alleviation of jet lag by melatonin administration (at a specified dosing time) is due at least in part to its hypnotic effect. It also seems that physical activity is able to reduce melatonin secretion.

The use of bright light (again at specified times) may help subjects adjust a set of biological rhythms as suggested by results obtained by Lewy et al. (1987).

These types of research aiming to control jet lag symptoms by appropriate timing of, e.g., administration of melatonin, bright light and physical exercise must be encouraged.
Relevant references:
Arendt J, Aldhous M, Marks V (1986a) Alleviation of jet lag by melatonin: preliminary results and controlled double blind trial. Br Med J 292:1170
Arendt J, Aldhous M, Marks V (1986b) Alleviation of jet lag by melatonin. Annu Rev Chronopharmacol 3:49-51
Lewy AJ, Sack RL, Miller LS, Hoban TM (1987) Antidepressant and circadian phase-shifting effects of light. Science 235:352-354.
Fröberg J, Karlsson CG, Levi L, Lidberg L (1972) Circadian variation in performance, physchological ratings, catecholamine excretion and diuresis during prolonged sleep deprivation. Int J Psychobiol 2:23-36
Reinberg A, Ashkenazi I (1993) Interindividual differences in chronopharmacologic effects of drugs: a background for individualization of chronotherapy. Chronobiol Int 10:449-460
Reinberg A, Smolensky M, Labrecque G (1988) The hunting of a wonder pill for resetting all biological clocks. Annu Rev Chronopharmacol 4:171-200
Simpson HW, Bellamy N, Bohlen J, Halberg F (1973) Double blind trial of a possible chronobiotic (Quiadon R). Int J Chronobiol 1:287-297
So, while melatonin or indeed zolpidem may both be helpful in your particular situation insofar as we're talking about the effects of jet lag, this doesn't say anything about helping you stay asleep if this is indeed an issue for you. This obviously warrants a consideration of what would be considered 'baseline' sleeping conditions for you, and what, exactly, your travel schedule is like. For instance: why would you only want to use such a hypnotic--one which prevents "someone or some noise" from disturbing your sleep--when jet lag causes trouble sleeping? Specifically, are you only a light sleeper as you're adjusting to the local time? In which case, perhaps short-term use of a hypnotic is appropriate, but definitely more details are necessary.

Furthermore, it has unfortunately gone quite overlooked that you are looking for something which enhances mood on par with LSD. This, for sleep? Why? How will you enjoy the enhanced mood while simultaneously conditioning yourself to sleep at an appropriate time?

Which laws in the USA are you talking about, specifically? You'll need a valid prescription in the USA to bring any controlled (in the USA) medication back from another country. Some hypnotics could be available over the counter in other countries, but will need a prescription if you travel back to the USA with the medication.

Finally, if "getting a doctor's prescription is no big deal", what about getting a doctor's advice? Again, your situation is specific and there are a lot of variables to consider; a medical professional should really asses your situation before handing you a prescription as if it's no big deal.

Post Quality Evaluations:
informative and well researched post
Old 20-06-2012, 05:15
Silver Member

Male from United States
Doctor Who is captain of the psychonauts.Doctor Who is captain of the psychonauts.Doctor Who is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 482, Level: 3 Points: 482, Level: 3 Points: 482, Level: 3

Quote:
Hi Guys,

SWIM travels frequently from across the world from India/Asia to NY and CF/TX. Flight takes very long and after reaching SWIM faces difficulty in sleep and feels restlessness due to Jet Lag and constant meeting. I would love to know few things,
  1. Suggest some good and strong Sedatives/Sleeping Pills (Hypnotic effect would be plus) available OTC (something like Benzo et al). Effect must start in 30-60 mins after taking orally and must not last longer than 8-10 Hrs. Lower the side-effect after wake up better it would be. I can easily get prescription from Doc (Either in India, Kuala Lumpur, NY and CF). Heard about laws in USA so I won't mind getting something from an Asian country.
  2. Good mood enhancer (something which can act like LSD but not difficult to get OTC).
Answer to Question 2. Good Mood Enhancer Like LSD...
You Want to try the Drug SANSERT ( methysergide maleate ) made by Sandoz in 2 mg. tablets.
You need a doctors Script, but it is Not a Controlled substance. It is prescribed for migraine headaches & about 8 to 12 mg. is like a mild LSD trip.
Old 22-06-2012, 18:58
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from Canada
Ontario is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 205, Level: 2 Points: 205, Level: 2 Points: 205, Level: 2
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%

Just something to think about if you go with melatonin:

It's going to make you dream if it works for you. Weither the dreams are bad or good, I dont know how that works personally. My dreams were so horid I would awake running for my pistol, literally jump out of bed from a complete sleep or just have an extremly lucid nightmare for few hours before being abel to wake...oh ye, there lucid dreams.

I do Valerian, works like a charm and I dont dream.

I do Tamazepam when Valerian wont work. I find Tamazepam the best because I only have trouble falling asleep so I just want something that puts me out but doesnt you know keep me under for eight hours. Plus with Tamazepam you can dose it at like 4 in the a.m if your trying to sleep all night and still wake up feeling fine at eight I find. With Zopliclone you pretty much have to decide before trying to sleep natrually if your going to take it or not, because it isnt safe to take in the middle of the night. I like to struggle for some hours before turning to a capsuel.
Old 23-06-2012, 23:20
Gold Member

Male from United States
staples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medline
Points: 2,982, Level: 8 Points: 2,982, Level: 8 Points: 2,982, Level: 8
Activity: 7.9% Activity: 7.9% Activity: 7.9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontario View Post
I do Valerian, works like a charm and I dont dream.

I do Tamazepam when Valerian wont work. I find Tamazepam the best because I only have trouble falling asleep so I just want something that puts me out but doesnt you know keep me under for eight hours. Plus with Tamazepam you can dose it at like 4 in the a.m if your trying to sleep all night and still wake up feeling fine at eight I find.
What doses of valerian and temazepam? And does this mean that you take valerian and when you still haven't fallen asleep for long enough, you resort to additionally taking temazepam? When my neurologist first prescribed temazepam, she cautioned that it would be a little longer-acting (than zolpidem or triazolam). She prescribed 30mg and indeed even 9 hours postdose I was slurring my words and felt too inebriated to drive.

I can't find any literature that would suggest temazepam as an appropriate solution for middle-of-the-night awakenings, at least compared to zaleplon--where it is outright suggested--and of course low-dose sublingual zolpidem now--which is approved in the US for middle-of-the-night awakenings (both of these options are discussed in this thread). With an average Tmax between 2-3 hours, and with a significant enough concentration to "put [someone] out" usually within 30-60 minutes, then, if you find that temazepam doesn't apparently affect you 4 hours postdose, I don't think your experience is very typical. Your experience is at least inconsistent with studies that find significant decrements in performance even up to 7 and 8 hours postdose, but studies that say anything about impact on next-day performance typically use at least 20mg, and many of those using 20mg seem inconsistent or hard to interpret (because e.g. the study only aims to demonstrate equivalence of newer drugs).

I would at least stress that anyone interested in using temazepam this way at least make sure it's not going to affect them the next morning on a day when there is nothing important to do, such as a weekend day for many people, before trying it on a day with something important where one needs to be alert and awake.

Share this on:

Tags
melatonin, melatonin sleep disorders, sleep aid, sleep aids, sleep problems, sleeping aid, sleeping pill, sleeping pills, sleeping tablets