Old 29-05-2012, 00:02
Silver Member

Male from United States
LlamaGod123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 50, Level: 1 Points: 50, Level: 1 Points: 50, Level: 1
Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5%
My Two Cents On The TRF Opana ER

This is my $0.02 on the new TRF Opana ER... (The New Formula, TIMERx-N, "E"):

...this is from the point of view of somebody whom is prescribed two Opana ER 30mg pills daily...
...I realize that some of this information might have already been realized and posted elsewhere but I simply hope that something I post might help those whom are looking for information regarding pain relief (or even simply staying out of withdrawal) and are prescribed these new pills...

If you take your medication as directed:
These new pills are hard to digest for a few reasons. They are somewhat comparable to gum, when you swallow gum it's hard (if not impossible) for your stomach to digest. On a few instances I have noticed partially digested pills in the toilet. I have found that a good solution is to increase the surface area as much as possible so that you can give your body a better fighting chance at releasing the medication.
After studying up on the subject and educating myself as much as possible regarding what people are doing to make these pills into powder (thus increasing the surface area as much as possible) I have found that there is one method that works better than the rest. Using a dremel with a sandpaper attachment on a low speed setting works extremely well and with practice you will find that you can grind the pill up on top of a notebook within a minute and without any of the pill flying into the air. At WalMart you can find a Dremel Brand Dremel for $20 that has two speed settings (High and Low, I find it easier to use the low setting) and two sandpaper attachments (one more coarse than the other, I find it easier to use the rougher of the attachments). Sometimes after you've ground it up you'll notice that some of it has grouped together on your notebook but a razor or a card will quickly turn it back into powder. I believe that this is caused by the heat created during the grinding process, I think that it melts some of the pill together as it is being ground up.
After you have made your pill into powder you can divide the powder into two gel/veg caps, each with half of the medication. Obviously making the pill into powder defeats the time release mechanism and it is hard to go 12 hours if you take all of the medication at once. This is why I recommend dividing the medication into two doses.
I realize that this is a lot of work for those who take their medication as recommended but it is absolutely worth the extra time and effort to help ensure the medication makes it into your system.

If you don't your medication as directed:
...if you snort your medication:
(This paragraph is verbatim as the paragraph above about using a dremel.) After studying up on the subject and educating myself as much as possible regarding what people are doing to make these pills into powder (thus increasing the surface area as much as possible) I have found that there is one method that works better than the rest. Using a dremel with a sandpaper attachment on a low speed setting works extremely well and with practice you will find that you can grind the pill up on top of a notebook within a minute and without any of the pill flying into the air. At WalMart you can find a Dremel Brand Dremel for $20 that has two speed settings (High and Low, I find it easier to use the low setting) and two sandpaper attachments (one more coarse than the other, I find it easier to use the rougher of the attachments). Sometimes after you've ground it up you'll notice that some of it has grouped together on your notebook but a razor or a card will quickly turn it back into powder. I believe that this is caused by the heat created during the grinding process, I think that it melts some of the pill together as it is being ground up.
In comparison to sniffing the old octagon panda bears it's really not all that bad. Granted, it does take about 10mins to fully kick in (while the octagons only took a few minutes). The only truly annoying downfall is that after a few hours you'll find that your nose is full of an extremely annoying gel (I actually use a Q-Tip to clean my nose out a few hours after).

If you don't your medication as directed:
...if you inject your medication:
I love injecting just as much as the next guy but sincerely I would recommend that you start sniffing instead. I tried the method that a few people have recommended (where you simply burn it, add water, filter, and then inject) and I felt like I was going to die. Looking back I actually kick myself because I know better, this method is obviously flawed and is just a quick way to ensure it doesn't gel. Well, injecting a pill is more involved than ensuring the solution does not gel (any real method would attempt some sort of an extraction). When I injected the brownish gelatinas liquid I immediately regretted my decision. I made my loved ones aware that I did something stupid and ensured I was near somebody for the next 24hrs so if anything bad did end up happening they could call 911. My heart hurt extremely bad for 6hrs and then for the next 3 days my face was swelled up and I felt an insane amount of pressure in my head (who knows if I actually did any long term or serious damage to my body). Sincerely, if you value your life, don't inject the new pills with this method... even if you have already done it and haven't had any issues I wouldn't recommend continuing. Until a new method, a better method, is found I would recommend sniffing.

... I hope this helps somebody, thank you for your time, comments, and/or constructive criticisms...

Share this on:

Tags
oxymorphone

» New Threads
Is it true you can use on top of...
Last post by hunter19877
5 Replies, 138 Views
Please explain again how this...
Last post by RainbowJunkieForever
14 Replies, 414 Views
It's all so fucking hard
Last post by babalooj