Notices

Old 25-05-2012, 03:53
Silver Member

21 y/o Female from Canada
highlikeplanes is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 231, Level: 2 Points: 231, Level: 2 Points: 231, Level: 2
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%
long-time junkies: tips for new needle-users

okay so this is monkeys second thread and due to her trouble with injections shes making this one
again, monkey has been shooting meth for over a year now but only has learned to inject herself recently.

Looking back on your beginner days of being a junkie, what would your now pro-junkie self tell your beginner junkie self? Like tips, advice etc

monkey is such a rookie and you'd think it'd become self explanatory after a month or so but no, she still has lame questions such as how far to enter the needle, should you enter the needle parallel to the vein or sort of diagonally, are those invisible but easy to feel - hard veins good to hit, is there an easy way to tell if your in the vein like a sort of sting -like feeling or does that mean you went right through the vein? Is it okay to hit the same spot even if theres red track marks? (this one exact spot has become her ultimate favorite spot to hit cause she almost never misses it, she knows she should be going up along the vein but for some reason its easier hitting right inside the elbow) if a vein has collapsed will you not be able to see or feel it anymore or will you simply not be able to draw blood???

man, monkey feels like such a noob
shes been poking and poking for hours with the same needle thats become so dull now it seems itll be impossible to hit a vein, but shes desperate cause its the last of her stuff and her last needle so she cant even switch it over to a fresh one

also any tips on when this issue arises?
Old 25-05-2012, 04:03
Silver Member

26 y/o Female from United States
Krunche is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%
Re: long-time junkies: tips for new needle-users

Your needle should follow the direction of your vein to decrease your chances of going through it. Also if your vein collapses, it's pretty much useless after that point.

Krunche added 2 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

As for the dull needle, a dull needle is gonna fuck your arm (assuming) up. I had a friend who would dig around with a dull for hours and he ended up getting staph.

Last edited by Krunche; 25-05-2012 at 04:03. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 25-05-2012, 04:42
Silver Member

Male from United States
coolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,398, Level: 7 Points: 2,398, Level: 7 Points: 2,398, Level: 7
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

use a new needle, AS MUCH AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE. when you go to your exchange or buy needles, get double what you think you need, so you dont have to use one twice.

im not saying this because of infection (though it greatly reduces that risk, ive seen people use the same needle for a long time and not get an infection) i say it because it GREATLY reduces the impact on your veins and will live you with almost no track marks. whenever someone has wanted me to shoot them up their first time and were freaked out about having a track 90 percent of the time there was absolutely no track mark at all left on them because i used a new needle and have a steady hand.

combining this with diligent vein rotation is going to keep your veins healthy, usable, and not scarred up so if/when you do want to quit you wont be going to jobs with huge scars in the crook of your arm.

that is my best advice, it has been the number one difference between me and others i know. some have quit and have scars in their arm crook veins that look like they had surgery, if you look at mine and a person who has never done drugs you would never know the difference.
Old 25-05-2012, 05:15
Silver Member

47 y/o Male from USA - California
beentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPAC
Points: 7,575, Level: 12 Points: 7,575, Level: 12 Points: 7,575, Level: 12
Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3%

its hard to know how to tell anyone online how to hit themselves, some people have hardly any visible veins, some are fat while others are skinny veins that bruise easy.

the feel of the resistance changes when you are entering the vein and if you insert too far the needle will pass thru the other side of the vein.

just never share works or spoons and dont draw up water from a shared source. cross contamination should be avoided at all cost.
Old 25-05-2012, 05:21
TheBigBadWolf TheBigBadWolf is nu online
Anti Matter Member

49 y/o Male from Germany
TheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 9,108, Level: 13 Points: 9,108, Level: 13 Points: 9,108, Level: 13
Activity: 49.5% Activity: 49.5% Activity: 49.5%

We have some interesting tips for IDUs (injecting drug users) over on the heroin subforum, make advanced searches on the FSE with prefix "Injection".

All this info is covered and present yet and need not be repeated on different subforums on different DofCs.

The most interesting thread is this one

Thank you all for not cluttering up the forum. Each post needs server space and server space costs money which Drugs-Forum exclusively gets by donating.
Which every member should take into account.

TBBW

Last edited by TheBigBadWolf; 25-05-2012 at 05:50. Reason: linking a link
Old 27-05-2012, 12:57
Silver Member

Female from Australia
nevergoback is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 220, Level: 2 Points: 220, Level: 2 Points: 220, Level: 2
Activity: 13.9% Activity: 13.9% Activity: 13.9%

Okay, the way to know if you've hit a vein is to pull the plunger up, while the needle is in the vein, and if you see blood in the syringe - then your all good to go. However if you feel any pain, or when injecting if it feels like really hard to go in - stop immediately.
Don't pick and prod at yourself for hours with the same needle - very unsafe.
I've been injecting ice myself for quite some time - and the way i do it is to use a torniquet (i have a proper medical one, got it from the needle exchange) and try to get the easiest, best looking vein. I get it 90% of the time.

Put the needle in vein at a 45 degree angle.
you can push the needle in fully, or just half way. It's up to you. Veins are surprisingly pretty deep and I personally push the needle in 80% of the way, and find that the deeper it is, the better rush I get.

If you hit the same spot over and over again in a short amount of time - it will develop into a sore, red, perhaps swallon lump. With a big track mark. So try and keep it in different spots, only do a same spot a couple of times cause you don't want to inject into an already injected hole. Otherwise it will start to look sore and red.

Always use clean needles - it is not reccomended to re-use your own needles, as after one use they become blunt and blunter the more you use them. Have swabs to clean the injecting site before injecting. Make sure you dispose of all injecting equipment properly. You can get everything you need for injecting from a needle exchange place. I have one around where I live thats opened 5 days a week, 9-5. And give you needles, swabs, filters, tornies and everything for free. Not even in exchange for used ones!

Good luck, stay safe, and remember - clean, sterile equipment!

Share this on:

Tags
inject meth, injecting spots, injection sites, meth, methamphetamine, methamphetamine addiction, methamphetamine information, methamphetamine injecting