Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > RECOVERY & ADDICTION > Drug Addiction & Recovery
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Drug Addiction & Recovery Support for coping with addiction and kicking the habit.

Old 25-05-2012, 03:11
Silver Member

28 y/o Female from United States
Cynder is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 131, Level: 1 Points: 131, Level: 1 Points: 131, Level: 1
Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8%
How long will suboxone block opiates? And when will withdrawals start after stopping?

I have been taking 12mg per day suboxone for 11 days, last dose was 7am this morning. When will I be able to feel the effects of other opiates? Also, when would I start experiencing withdrawals from suboxone?
Old 25-05-2012, 07:38
Anti Matter Member

49 y/o Male from Germany
TheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 9,114, Level: 13 Points: 9,114, Level: 13 Points: 9,114, Level: 13
Activity: 48.3% Activity: 48.3% Activity: 48.3%
answer to both:
abour three days. the moment you feel w/ds is when other opies can kick in again.

TBBW
Old 25-05-2012, 08:09
Palladium Member

Female from Earth
ex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 5,765, Level: 11 Points: 5,765, Level: 11 Points: 5,765, Level: 11
Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1% Activity: 1.1%
Re: How long will suboxone block opiates? And when will withdrawals start after stopp

I'm not entirely sure that a suboxone withdrawal will occur after 11 days of use, because the levels will teeter down slowly and in effect provide you with an unintentional detox. Physicians warn that use beyond 7-10 days will result in addiction/withdrawals, so 11 days is kind of not too far out of that period. In fact, you've now become our guinea pig as such. Please come back and let us know when/if you start withdrawing.

According to what I've read over the years the withdrawals for suboxone are slower to occur and take longer to cease, but 2-3 days is a pretty good benchmark for expected onset. Some suboxone clients are able to dose every second day and successfully maintain that. Out of curiosity, did you take suboxone to get clean or just to hold you over for a bit? The answer to this question is of significance and will definitely affect how I respond further.
Old 25-05-2012, 23:08
Silver Member

28 y/o Female from United States
Cynder is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 131, Level: 1 Points: 131, Level: 1 Points: 131, Level: 1
Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8%
Re: How long will suboxone block opiates? And when will withdrawals start after stopp

Update: my last dose of suboxone was yesterday morning at 7am, it was 12mg, which is how much I've been taking daily for the last 11 days. It is now 6pm the following day, about 35 hours since my last dose of suboxone. I was able to do a small amount of H and definitely felt it A LOT. Im even itchy, and all the usual stuff, but it's as if my tolerance went down in the last 2 weeks on suboxone. It's different for everyone, I happen to have a fast metabolism so that helped remove the subs from my system in only 35 house (1.5 days)! The real reason I had to stop subs is because I'm having a medical procedure done where I NEED morphine and pain meds, but I wanted to experiment as well

Share this on:

Tags
suboxone

Sitelinks: Information: