Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 24-05-2012, 17:53

Female from United States
breeze2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
What happens when you mix Adderall with Vicodin ES or Tramadol?

My friend has been taking 20mg Adderall XR's (what is supposed to be twice a day), she has been taking the normal dosage, but also adding two more crushed up her nose throughout the day. She is thinking about taking Tramadol and/or Vicodin ES to the mix because it is available. She has always liked the effects of pain pills because she said it gave her lots of energy.

But one day she was taking both, her normal Vicodin every three hrs or so, and she would take six 50mg Tramadol. She thought it was a weaker version of pain pill,..the 50 mg threw her off. She ended up passing out cold, busting her head open in her kitchen. She said she woke up on the floor with blood all over her face. Last thing she remembered was seeing dots in front her face. Then she ended up in the emergency room with 20 stitches and her secret, no one knew she took pain pills.

She has depression now and ADHD. She takes Cymbalta, Abilify, and Adderall. When she started the Adderall she fell in love with it, she said better than pain pills. She learned that she could snort them so tried that. And it was great at first, now she don't feel the effects anymore so she wants to add pain pills to it.

The Adderall has helped her ADHD tremendously. Able to focus now and stay awake for hours on end. No more mistakes at work.

What will happen to her, what effects?

She knows she will hear "don't take anything else" but I know her,..she will.
Old 24-05-2012, 19:29
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from United States
fizzle is on the way upfizzle is on the way upfizzle is on the way up
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Re: What happens when you mix Adderall with Vicodin ES or Tramadol?

I do not think it is wise to go down this road. You are creating a Speedball (cocaine and heroin) of sorts. There are two possible outcomes of ingesting such a combo...

1. You enjoy it take it again but need more rinse and repeat until you have a tolerance not only to Adderall but also tramadol and/or hydrocodone. Then there is the whole addiction thing and withdrawal that comes with painkillers.

2. Fatal respiratory depression as a result of taking too many painkillers to compensate for the side effects of the amphetamine. I believe Chris Farley and John Belushi died this way.

Neither of which sound very good. Well I guess there is a third...you try it and don't like it so you never do it again.

If she will take this combo no matter what the risks may be, I would say to start extremely low. Something like 10mg hydrocodone and 5mg of Adderall. The effects will depend on the dose and combination of drugs.

Think of it like this - You are essentially creating a brand new drug, so treat it as such. You would not start off with 60mg of Adderall having never used it before, right? Apply that logic to the proposed drug combo.

In short, don't do it! If you decide to do it anyway, be smart about it.

Post Quality Evaluations:
This is very important information to get comfortable with. kudos to this poster.
Old 24-05-2012, 20:33
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from United States
ebolarama is a decent psychonaut.ebolarama is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 192, Level: 2 Points: 192, Level: 2 Points: 192, Level: 2

If the combination of opiates and amphetamines is goin to be done, do not use tramadol. Tramadol lowers the seizure threshold in most people and stimulants can exacerbate the possibility of a seizure. You had a seizure once already if that's the situation you describe above, so you are more prone to another one already.

My dog personally enjoys amphetamine and opiate, extreme focus and energy with blissful body feelings. Unstoppable urge to clean lol. But I would advise using an actual opiate. Never mix tramadol with amphetamines. And as the othe poster said start small since you're unfamiliar with this. You can always take more, you cannot take any out. Be smart.

Very significant post regarding safety with tramadol, and combinations that can be unsafe.
Old 24-05-2012, 21:41
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from United States
KevN is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1
SWIM has had two Gran Mal(tonic clonic) seizures dancing with Tramadol, SWIM was upwards of 40 50MG tablets a day(SWIM has an 'unlimited' source)...

Please don't mix Tramadol with MANY things, no stimulants and no other pain pills. It goes for your AntiDepressants too, tramadol messes with the serotonin and norepinephrine in the brain, combining it with say, zoloft, celexa, lexapro, etc.. is a DANGEROUS mix.

Just leave tramadol out of it, 99% of people think because its unscheduled(in most states) that its a 'safe' pain pill, wrong...

If you MUST take tramadol, you have to leave out everything else you take, and I recommend starting at 50-100MG and working your way up throughout the day, don't exceed 400MG.

SWIM has woke up in the ambulance twice, your situation describes a Gran Mal seizure, you don't remember it, you wake up very disoriented, you didn't pass out, you seized up. You are lucky to be alive, some people that have these seizures end up in a coma or dead, please be cautious.

Sent from my EVO 4G - Tapatalk 2

Very accurate and straight forward about Tramadol being unperdictable after 300-400mg's.
Solid advice.
Old 24-05-2012, 22:29

I will tell my friend,..Thank you both. Until I started reading about Tramadol I never knew she had a seizure. Just assumed she passed out. Thats why there was bruises on both sides of her body.

She just started taking Adderall the past two and a half months and allready a little addicted she thinks. I will make sure she takes the advise and sticks with what the doctor gives her,..just more than she is supposed to take. Cause she don't really feel the effects that much anymore.

breeze2 added 42 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

Thanks, been learning alot,..I will tell her to stay with what she knows and take one or the other,...not mixing Tramadol with ANYTHING. Leave it by itself. She just thought it was a weak ass pain pill!! She had no clue. Thats why she would take so many at the time,.... Not no more,....

Last edited by breeze2; 24-05-2012 at 22:29. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 25-05-2012, 00:31
Silver Member

Tramadol is weak(for pain) compared to other opiates. SWIM got hooked on tramadol for the 'speed' effect, which has to do with the way it works on your brain, its a synthetic opiate, so if SWIY is looking for that lortab, or oxy feeling, tramadol isn't quite the key, SWIM started using tramadol to work long hard shifts at work, no back pain, could stay awake for 20 hours.

Just be safe and don't mix it with anything, only thing SWIM mixes with tramadol is benzos, it makes for quite a comfortable buzz.

Please don't underestimate tramadol, its just as addictive as heroin, but it works differently, that's all. SWIM speaks from years of experience. Why it isn't a scheduled narcotic yet, is beyond me.

Please feel free to ask questions or PM SWIM, he knows tramadol very well. Did they run an EEG on SWIY to check SWIY out after that seizure?

Old 25-05-2012, 03:36
Silver Member

29 y/o Male from United States
Keiyentai is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 141, Level: 1 Points: 141, Level: 1 Points: 141, Level: 1
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

Tramadol is evil...plain and simple. Also unless it is the ONLY thing you have for pain I would just avoid it all together. Also unless you know 100% how it effects you and with meds you may be one DO NOT MIX IT. SWIM found out the hard way the first time he was prescribed it and was on flexeril and cyclobenziprine and high doses of all 3 due to natural tolerance which SWIM hates with a passion. Also it is NEVER a wise idea to go over 300-400mg of tramadol at all, the risk of seizures or other bad side effects are to high imho.
Old 25-05-2012, 03:44
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiyentai View Post
Tramadol is evil...plain and simple. Also unless it is the ONLY thing you have for pain I would just avoid it all together. Also unless you know 100% how it effects you and with meds you may be one DO NOT MIX IT. SWIM found out the hard way the first time he was prescribed it and was on flexeril and cyclobenziprine and high doses of all 3 due to natural tolerance which SWIM hates with a passion. Also it is NEVER a wise idea to go over 300-400mg of tramadol at all, the risk of seizures or other bad side effects are to high imho.
Indeed, read above, SWIM was at roughly 40 50MG tablets a day, this was over some time of tolerance, but its landed him in the hospital having seizures twice. SWIM is still addicted.

SWIM desired 10-15 50MG tablets upon awakening in the morning just to get going. SWIM has tapered down massively though.

Tramadol and Flexeril are a bad combo, they decrease the seizure threshold. Tramadol needs to be taken alone, or with benzos, it is dangerous with ANY med that alters serotonin/norepinephrine.

Tramadol IS evil, most DRs don't understand this, everyone SWIM has talked to says its a safe drug, or is given to opiate addicts for pain because its 'less addictive', come on, its just as addictive as any other pain med, and most don't research it before taking it, then look for that 'opiate' high and end up seizing up. You WILL seize up looking to gain an 'oxy' type feel from them....

Old 25-05-2012, 04:55

I don't think i would say its evil really, but i do think it is very dangerous in the unexperienced hands. Especially for someone who is oblivious of the effects it could have on you when you take too many. My friend would get 580 tablets of 50mg, and would constantly pop six at a time because she was afraid of getting withdrawls if she didn't. She was addicted to the high from the pain pills and she used to brag how if she ran out of Vicodin or Loratabs, she could always take weak ass Tramadol and not have the withdrawls. Until she thought she passed out and come to find out she had a seizure. Now she knows the dangers and is afraid when she runs out of her Adderall, which is currently her drug of choice, she will start taking Tramadol again. For some reason the Tramadol doesn't give her a good high unless she takes plenty. If its sooo bad for you why do you have to take so much of it to get that good feeling?
Old 25-05-2012, 05:13
Silver Member

It's bad for you because it causes many more side effects than say lortab. SWIM use to get oxycontin, and percocet scripts, when he would run out after two weeks, he would then load up on tramadol to deter withdrawals, worked fine.

Eventually tramadol became his drug of choice because he could no longer get scripts, SWIM has many mental health issues derived from long term and heavy tramadol usage, that's not to say everyone will, but most people NEED large doses of tramadol, to fight off withdrawal, or to obtain a good feeling, they don't realize how dangerous it is, and how EASY it is to OD/seizure on tramadol.

It's evil in many ways, the withdrawal is by far the worse SWIM has encountered, SWIM has withdrawaled from methadone, suboxone, oxy, etc... Tramadol messes your mind up, its a synthetic opiate with antidepressant attributes, makes for a double whammy.

Tramadol, when taken correctly and not mixed with other seretogenic(SP?) Drugs is fine, but most people do not know this, and in SWIM's experience, most DOCTORS are unaware of tramadols downfall and think its harmless.

You are right, it takes larger doses of tramadol to obtain desired feeling, as opposed to say lortab. With tramadol, you may take 6 and think, "feels OK, but not like the lortab feeling I enjoy", so you take more, and that's when you OD/seize.

Tramadol doesn't give a genuine opiate effect, and when you seek it, that's when you are in trouble. This is my point.

Tramadol is good for many things, but in the wrong hands, its lethal. Educate yourself before you take things. That goes for everything.

Share this on:

Tags
adderall, adderall abuse, adderall combinations, addiction, depression, tramadol, tramadol abuse, tramadol combinations, vicodin