Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Cannabis > Cannabis paraphernalia
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Cannabis paraphernalia About bongs, pipes, grinders, papers and other paraphernalia.

Old 24-05-2012, 15:26
Policy, Various & Reviews
Co-Moderator

49 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Mindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,136, Level: 12 Points: 7,136, Level: 12 Points: 7,136, Level: 12
Activity: 11.6% Activity: 11.6% Activity: 11.6%
Vaping Cannabis Oil, a tidy solution to a sticky problem.

Cannabis oil and vaping it are something a passion of mine, and my Uncle Baldylocks described this rather simple and tidy method. Each batch of oil varies, some are more viscous and some are more runny, but all of it has the potential to seriously mess up a bowl, pipe, or screen. Prior to moving over to vapourisers, my favourite method was to sandwich the oil between two layers of papers, then fill this with tobacco as a joint. I would also chase oil on foil from time to time.

Vapouriser bowls are easily stained with oil, and can be bothersome to clean, as I found with the Iolite and Wispr. I recently came across the idea of using cotton wool as a substrate for vaping cannabis oil. I have tried this out in my Arizer Solo, a handheld portable vape with a lithium ion battery, metal heating chamber, and glass straw. This works in other vapes as well, including the lightbulb, although temperature control is more critical and harder to achieve without a little practice (so you don't scorch the cotton).

I took a piece of cotton wool just large enough to fill the bowl (in one with a small heating chamber) or just enough to soak up a blob of cannabis oil. Drip a little oil onto the cotton like this:

Next I inserted the cotton sticky side up into the heating chamber on the straw, before inserting this into the heater unit on the main body of the Solo:

The wad of cotton soaked oil produced vapour for about 15 minutes. There was no detectable taste of anything other than cannabis oil. Here's what the wad looked like after vaping, there was no change to the cotton, and the oil residue left behind was a light grey.

I have used this technique in both the Solo and a lightbulb vape, and my bowls are not stained at all. The high was fine as well! I'm almost tempted to try this out on the Magic Flight Launch Box (MFLB) as well, I'm fairly confident that the oil wouldn't leak through and contaminate the already slightly stained screen that resulted from a previous attempt to vape oil in a weed substrate. I haven't tried this yet as I've no working batteries, so don't blame me if you do try this and ruin your MFLB.

Given that the cotton is only heated to around 190 degrees Celsius this should be a safe and practical way to vapourise cannabis oil. I'm quite taken with this method, but would like to see if anyone has anything to say about it's safety. I'd also love to hear about other ways of vaping oil. I have also considered oil 'foilies', i.e. oil packaged in foil for use in a vapouriser.

Last edited by Mindless; 24-05-2012 at 17:24. Reason: typo
Old 13-09-2012, 03:47
Silver Member

Male from United States
nik12937 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 165, Level: 2 Points: 165, Level: 2 Points: 165, Level: 2
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Vaping Cannabis Oil, a tidy solution to a sticky problem.

Why don't you invest in a dab rig? It looks similar to a large bubbler, but instead of a bowl at the top, there's a glass or metal nail that you heat with a torch, and then put a glass shroud around.

Then you just "dab" some oil to it with a poker of some sorts and instant vaping!

I'm not too keen on the cotton idea honestly, most substances, natural or synthetic, release fumes and vapors that can be harmful to your lungs way before there is any visible scorching or changing in texture/color.

Share this on:

Tags
cannabis, cannabis extraction, cannabis extraction with isopropyl alcohol, cannabis extracts, cannabis oil