Notices

Old 23-05-2012, 05:32
Silver Member

Female from Australia
nevergoback is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 220, Level: 2 Points: 220, Level: 2 Points: 220, Level: 2
Activity: 13.9% Activity: 13.9% Activity: 13.9%
Meth bugs

Okay so basically I've been heavily addicted to ice for 6 months. I inject it through syringes.

First 5 months of use (extremely heavy) got absolutely no meth bugs.
Last 1 month - every.single.time I do it, by the end of it I'm getting meth bugs. It's probably also cause it always happens after being awake for a few days (i aint sleep for ages on this stuff).
so yeah... past 1 month each time i do ice by the end of it i get meth bugs.
It's extremely emotional distressing and stresses me out, makes me feel really fucked up. I hate it...

i thought this was something that happened in the long term... after years of use...

am i one of those people that is going to have it all the time now?
Old 23-05-2012, 12:07
Silver Member

Male from United States
monkeyspanker is on the way upmonkeyspanker is on the way upmonkeyspanker is on the way upmonkeyspanker is on the way up
Re: Meth bugs

Girl, I assume you mean the creepy crawlies on you, or seeing them on the walls, bed, ceiling, or worse...in your food. Yucko! You've been tryin' to get off the shit for awhile now, yet, you keep going back to 'her', 'Miss T', she has ya in her grip, time to get off that amusement park ride, she's no longer playing for fun, she's playing for keeps.

Can you get a sober friend to help you out with this? It's important to have someone you really trust nearby to help you out. I think you'd be surprised how many decent people there area out there that would be more than willing to lend a hand, keep you safe, if not, you have me and most of us here on DF to help. Never be embarrassed by a drug problem, people you know might have already figured it out and were just waiting for you to ask them, please do so, put the ego outside, never be ashamed, we all have issues.

Time to stop the madness, you know that in your heart. Peace and love,

monkey

Post Quality Evaluations:
Compassionate, understanding and no sugar coating... great post.
Old 23-05-2012, 12:29
Silver Member

34 y/o Male from Australia
hux1ey is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 114, Level: 1 Points: 114, Level: 1 Points: 114, Level: 1
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

15 odd years of indulging in amphetamines, and I'm still yet to encounter these creepy crawlies. Something to be grateful for, no doubt - sounds bloody terrifying.
Old 23-05-2012, 13:54
Silver Member

Male from Australia
MrAsia is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 159, Level: 2 Points: 159, Level: 2 Points: 159, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

I been hooked into ice for about 2 years or so and I shoot it up too and to be quite honest I've never had the bugs. I've heard and read stories about it but it has never happen to me personally, I get psychosis and see shadow peoples but I've never seen any bugs crawling on my skin. I think it's different for everyone so like if your gonna continue using ice your just gonna have to deal with the bugs. You know that they're not real so just ignore it and don't pick at yourself, that's what I do when I get psychosis, I'm hearing very real voices but I know they're not real so I just completely ignore it.
Old 24-05-2012, 17:13
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from United States
eatingleg4peanut is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 272, Level: 2 Points: 272, Level: 2 Points: 272, Level: 2
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

Sorry if this is a stupid question as I know next to nothing about Meth, but the bugs you describe is it really like it is in that movie called Bug with Ashley Judd?
Old 24-05-2012, 20:50
Silver Member

Male from Netherlands
sparceng is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1

Swims former friend would have the same type of hallucinations but with imaginary bugs in his hair. He mostly smoked the shit and the odd time snorted it. The only way to get them to stop is to quit doing meth. Everyone is different. Some get psychosis earlier and some later. Eventually the shit hits the fan though. He did it for a few years before the shit hit his fan, IE psychosis and the related hallucinations.
Old 25-05-2012, 02:07
Silver Member

21 y/o Female from Canada
highlikeplanes is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 231, Level: 2 Points: 231, Level: 2 Points: 231, Level: 2
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

if im up for like 4 days i start to see like mosqito-like buzzies flyin everywhere fuck i hate that shit
Old 25-05-2012, 02:37
Mercury Member

Male from Canada
c-m 444 needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

dont ignore problems like this.. im with monkey on this one .. seek help and support ! its not worth it ...
Old 17-06-2012, 23:06

31 y/o Male from United States
canttellacapricorn is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1

i've never experienced these "bugs", either.

but, i have a theory that those who do, are just experiencing the chemicals from meth use seeping out of their pores.

go take a shower and stop using.
Old 19-06-2012, 20:50
Titanium Member

Male from United States
DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.DiabolicScheme really knows their shit.
Points: 1,254, Level: 5 Points: 1,254, Level: 5 Points: 1,254, Level: 5
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

It might not be the meth itself, rather the sleep deprivation from staying up for days on end. Sleep deprivation is known to induce psychosis-like symptoms after a few days of being awake.
Old 21-06-2012, 02:22
Silver Member

Female from Australia

It's not just from sleep deprivation... it starts within an hour of having any meth, I feel little tingles and crawlies on my nose... but it only gets full on after being up all night. So it is from the meth itself... right after having my first shot ill start feeling crawlies on my nose.

And canttellacapricorn, anyone who experiences meth bugs would disagree with you. It's not the meth seeping out of your pores, it's a totally different feeling. You can't really understand unless you've had them.
Old 23-06-2012, 08:53
Silver Member

48 y/o Male from United States
puffer is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1
Activity: 3.3% Activity: 3.3% Activity: 3.3%

Puffer - Meth-Myth Buster presents:

Meth Bugs

WTF R They?!?!

Simple. Meth is a vasioconstrictor. That means it causes your capillarys to construct, thus providing more blood to the trunk of body, part of the flight-fight response. Capillaries carry blood and oxygen to cells to keep them alive. The farthest part of the bodyfrom the trunk is the skin. Your skin is embedded with nerve endings so you can feel. Since your capilaries are constricted, they cannot supply enough oxy to the outmost reaches of your body - yuor skin, as noted before, the farthest point from your trunk. When cells do not get enough oxygen, they die. Nerve cells need oxygen to live too. When they don't get it, they die. When nerve cells die, they send a signal to your brain. You dont notice this normally, cause nerve cells die all the time. When you are on meth, not enough oxy is supplied through your squeezed capillaries. Lots of nerve cells die, starting at the ends. Lots of death signals are sent to your brain, and it decides this is important, so it forwards the message to your consciousness. These signals are interpeted as a tingling, or itching sensation. On your skin, or just under it.

After you come down, your caps open back up and your neve endings dieing and stop signaling and repair themselves.

Thats it. No mystery here. Yawn.

Your nose has some nerve engings that are just barely starting to repair, so when the cap sqeeze comes, right after a hit, they die off like flies, causing itching. So either sleep 8 hours or deal with the itch.

Or it could just be little bugs under your skin.

Interesting post, got any references?
Old 23-06-2012, 09:38
Silver Member

Female from Australia

Yeah I always knew it was something to do with the blood vessels under the skin. Very imformative post, thank you!
Old 27-06-2012, 13:00
Silver Member

i was requested for references and a little more information.

The underlying condition is called Paresthesia and is caused when the nerve cells carrying sensation to your brain are disturbed in one way or another. This disturbance can occur anywhere along the nervous system connecting the body part. The brain stops receiving complete information from the nerves, creating numbness with "pins and needles." The "pins and needles" are imperfect perceptions of sensation. Essentially, they are brief flashes of sensation that disappear quickly because of the disturbance in the nerves, like when you foot falls asleep. Vasoconstriction is commonly known to cause a form of this which may be interpted by the brain as bugs crawling on the skin - menepausal women also get this form of it frequently. It's not so much pins and needles as it is occuring in a much smaller scale and much more localized, extended vasoconstriction leads to perpherial nerve cell necrosis because there is not enough oxygen molecules travelling through the constricted vessels to feed them. Google it; but do not get distracted by something called formication, whih is something psychology came up with to explain it as a mental problem. Psychologists have an amazing ability to create a mental illness by ignoring physical causes. Methamphetamine toxicity in dopeamine receptors is another one - neurologists have proven that it does not occur at a cellular level, but psychologists simply ignore those studies and have some of their own where they 'prove' it does exist by 'behavioural changes'. This is coming under more and more fire though, check that out too. As for specific references, I leave that to my friend Google.

puffer added 545 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

i was also a little tired when i wrote my first explanation, and I breezed over a few things. You capillaries don't actually constrict, it is the peripherial blood vessels, which causes a smaller number of oxygen carrying red blood cells to pass through them => less oxygen supplied => outermost cells deprived => random nerve cell necrocis (death) starting with the outermost cells => random signals sent from dying sensory nerve cells in a localized area => brain interpeting as itching, or crawling sensations

There - i'm happy with that. It's simplified, but essentially correct and understandable.

Last edited by puffer; 27-06-2012 at 13:03. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 28-06-2012, 00:36

20 y/o Male from United States
Keak Da Tweak should review received reputation comments.
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1

im not sure if this is the same thing but sometimes i get these weird pulses at random parts of my body. i mostly experience these while under the influence, but i occasionally get them while im not high
Old 28-06-2012, 01:53
Silver Member

Ok, Keak, now -THAT- is actually bugs under your skin.
Old 28-06-2012, 08:36

20 y/o Male from United States
Keak Da Tweak should review received reputation comments.
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1

dude are you joking?
ur starting to trip me the fuck out dude lol
Old 21-12-2012, 08:18
Silver Member

Male from United States
AmsuJackal is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 192, Level: 2 Points: 192, Level: 2 Points: 192, Level: 2
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%

ok guys someones gotta set this thread straight. Heres the real skinny on meth bugs.

It does have a little bit to do with vasoconstriction but thats mainly the numb/tingly extremeties. your nerve endings are NOT dying off each time you feel a prick. thats like saying when you hear a ring in your ear you lose the ability to hear that frequency. urban myth.

The biggest factor in the speed bugs is the fact that when youre spun, youre on the strongest CNS stimulant known to man. your nervous system is overclocked to hell, and has a much MUCH higher electrical load. when meth crashes, it crashes fast. the body is down-regulating to its normal state. that electricity has to discharge somewhere. voila, pinpricks and crawling sensation.

simple as that folks.

for a dose of reality; ty
Old 20-02-2013, 18:23
Silver Member

Male from Earth
LostInLife is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Oddly enough I have never felt the "bug" feeling everyone talks about, which is surprising since I have used more times then I would like to admit. Maybe I'm just lucky but it seems like I'm not the only one in that situation. RANDOM HYPOTHESIS=Perhaps people's state of mind has a part in this? They say mind over matter, and the mind truly is more powerful then most realize. I would like to think there is a connection between a very strong mind being able to control the effects of crystal, while a weak mind succumbs to it like being caught up in a swift river.
Old 14-04-2013, 03:58
Silver Member

33 y/o Female from Earth
SugarCookie is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1
Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8%

I actually love feeling when I get the pins and needles when I'm spun...

I love feeling it on my scalp and especially when it travels from the back of my neck down to my toes.

I call it the getting "tingly."

Remember to have fun when you are spun... you control it, its your ride. Have fun with the hallucinations, feelings and thoughts you have... it's just the drug.

If you aren't having fun... why do it?

Share this on:

Tags
drug myths, meth, vasoconstriction