Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Heroin
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 21-05-2012, 18:14
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from Brazil
Gui316 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 112, Level: 1 Points: 112, Level: 1 Points: 112, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
What does a morphine/heroin overdose feels like?

I was wondering what does an opiate overdose feels like.
Old 21-05-2012, 19:16
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
rovacab1 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 136, Level: 1 Points: 136, Level: 1 Points: 136, Level: 1
Re: What does a morphine/heroin overdose feels like?

Its like falling asleep, with a beautiful sense of warmth and well-being, just how i imagine i'd feel back in my mothers womb. No pain, just happiness, and even though i knew i was going over i didn't panic. I just thought screw it, my time has come, my numbers up, who really cares. And then absolute panic when the paramedic sticks the naloxone in your arm, then you throw up violently and feel like death but can't use because it will make you sicker. This is only if you have someone with you that will phone an ambulance. I've had may a friend die because people they thought where their friends abandoned them in their hour of need.
Always smoke a bit first to test purity, and never inject alone. I would not be here were it not for a friend realizing what was happening and phoning an ambulance. Unfortunately he saved me only to hang himself a few years later.
Old 21-05-2012, 19:57
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15

There are two kinds of "overdose"; where you take too much but you're okay, and a fatal overdose.

A "regular" overdose can be pretty fucking awful. It ends up being dysphoric, you're vomiting on a regular basis, your tummy hurts & you might have a headache. It still feels good, sort of, but...um...not good, at the same time.

For my near-fatal overdose, I didn't feel anything different than usual. Set up my shot, pushed half of the syringe contents into my vein; waited a minute to see how I felt (I had just got out of a detox program & had been opioid-free for 5 days), and since things seemed fine I pushed the rest of the dose in. Started cleaning my works & putting them away whilst thinking "damn, that was a good shot"...

...next thing I know, I'm sitting on the floor with a pounding headache, wondering why the fuck my boyfriend is screaming at me & our boyfriend is sitting on the edge of the tub sobbing his eyes out. My chest hurt something awful from all the sternum rubbing they did to try to rouse me. I asked why he was screaming at me & he replied I'd been dead for the last 10 minutes. I kinda didn't believe him, then I saw the 3 vials of Narcan he'd used on me on the floor. I apologized for frightening them, finished cleaning up my works, and sat on the couch until my headache went away (about 30 minutes).

I didn't feel anything different from any other shot of good Heroin. *shrug*

It certainly looks awful, though - I've seen people go out, and they turn grey (even black people) & their lips turn blue & you are clearly looking at a corpse. It's fucking scary as hell.

~Kailey

Post Quality Evaluations:
Very descriptive post
Old 22-05-2012, 21:12

66 y/o Male from United Kingdom
django47 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gui316 View Post

Have you ever been to the vets and seen an animal 'put to sleep'. It shouldn't feel like anything because you will be dead before the needle is withdrawn.

I wouldn't recomend trying it, even if your lucky enough to find some gear that's strong enough to OD on.
I wonder why you ask that question !

This isn't truthful information. You can have a fatal opiate overdose after "the needle is withdrawn". Additionally, there are other ways to overdose on opiates other than via IV usages.
Vets don't use opiates to put animals down, rather a cocktail of drugs to paralyze then kill.
Old 23-05-2012, 00:55
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from Brazil
Gui316 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 112, Level: 1 Points: 112, Level: 1 Points: 112, Level: 1

Just curiosity. Knowledge is never much, right?
Old 24-05-2012, 07:33
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

24 y/o Female from Earth
meconopsilo needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

Ms meconopsilo intentionally overdosed on various opiates a few years ago (morphine 15 mg hydrocodone idk on mg but i had 15 pills , about 6 or so clonazepam , and washed it down with robitussin ac. yes the entire bottle ) . Know that Ms meconopsilo was in fact a hard core opiate addict , and used very..very religously. (shivers and itches). i waited for 8 hours and felt literally no kind of opiate effect what so ever and was going to up my dose..so we get out of bed and go to the medicine cabinet but feel a little sick upon rising. No big deal so i actually manage to go to the bathroom , and fall flat on my face. Just wham. It was most difficult to move , and We experienced tunnel vison , almost complete numbness , and , a most annoying ringing withing our cranial area. I was not afraid ,just upset because i couldn,t actually make it to the toilet , so we waited for a few minutes and finally threw up (excessivelly she adds) . The act of purging one self caused a most delightful euphoria which did not last quite long. Dammit..I had to be at work in less than an hour , and i can barely. COFFEE !!! Drink coffee was my initial thought proceeding throwing up. What surprises me is the coffee did nothing for us. On the way to work riding with some people i had never met and on the verge of utterly puking my lungs out again. yay me. anyways overdosing is not fun , pleasant , or even slightly enjoyable under any circumstances and i would reccomend everyone to avoid doing so. yes i went to work and performed my duties yet not so naturally as we were quite fucked. Blessings of jesus gecko upon you all and peace.

The changing pronouns, lack of line breaks, and poor punctuation makes this post INCREDIBLY difficult to read.
Old 23-02-2013, 11:43

Male from Earth
Rebekah84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

What a morning. Finished work less than an hour ago and thought I was about to die approx. 10 minutes later. Don't have any OD experience to speak of so I needed some quick information.

I'm pretty sure my incident wouldn't qualify as an overdose and I do not want to "waste space" for people who are looking for information quickly BUT as already mentioned - 911 is the way to go and I will just explain my experience just in case..

My first shot did what it was supposed to do - it'd put me in relax mode but not more so I loaded another one and shot that one too - felt better.. Now, eager to nod off and rest I decided to smoke some powder and my first hit *BAM* shakes, intense sweating, head-rush-blood-pressure-issues and nausea inc. vomiting (like if there was no tomorrow) and because everything happened fast I semi-panicked for a while and when I do that my little border-line brain starts thinking about sex. The sex-thoughts combined with stress triggered my asthma and my asthma medicine consists of ephedrine + cortisone so here I am - shaky from the ephedrine .. would much rather have some coke.

What happened... Lost 3/6th's of my text.

All yours,
Rebekah
Old 26-02-2013, 13:11

66 y/o Male from United Kingdom
django47 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gui316 View Post
When someone o/d's on H what happens is, because they have used more than their tolerence can cope with, that persons breathing becomes so shallow(I think thats the word they use), they drift into a deep sleep that no one can wake them from.
Some times, they will just 'go over' (uk terminology) and come round after a few hours. For their friends who were with him/her at the time, it is a really scarey experience because the person who 'went over', looks like they are dead or dying. Usually, if it happened at a friends home, that person is so scared that they will get blamed if the police are involved, from my past experience, before everyone scarpers, they get one of them to help carry the od'er as far away as possible and dump him.
Then on the other hand, let me give you an example that has happened more than once. A heroin user gets in trouble with police and goes to prison for a length of time. He has cleaned up and as he no longer has a habit, his tolerence has changed, what before he wouldn't feel, now will keep him buzzing round the clock, just like his very first time. Anyway, a few weeks before his release date, he gets a short 'home leave' to get his life together and rehabillitate himself in the outside world.
Okay so, he is on the train going back to finish off the remainder of his sentence but before he actually arrives, he has what is left of the 'gear' he scored and doesn't want to either risk smuggling it through reception, and throwing it away is unthinkable, so he does the only other thing he can think of and goes to the toilet at the end of the carriage and locks himself in. Cooks up the remainder of the gear and loads the works(syringe) and having found a vein, eases it in and draws blood. Satisfied he has found a 'usable site' starts to push the contents into the vein.
This story should end there, but sadly it does not, it lacks the, 'punch line', so when the train reaches its destination, the guard or the cleaners check the toilets for cleaning or whatever but are unable to gain access. Eventually, they force their way in and what do they find, yes! a junkie on the floor with a syringe still in his arm. Dead junkie that is. Because the stupid bastard (excuse my language) didn't make allowances for the time he was clean, his system was totally overwhelmed and he was dead before he hit the floor and very often as in this case, before he had even finished hitting up.
In London, my home town, finding junkies in public toilets is quite common.
But let me stress just one more time, when a user takes either a bit more than they should, or they get a wrap from a really strong batch, it can knock them out stone cold and from an observers point of view, they look just the same as if they were dead.
Two golden rules, 1: Never permit anyone to take class A in your home. 2: If anyone ask's you to inject them because they are unable to do them selves, refuse. Totally refuse, NO, NO, NO. (a pall of mine, about 20 years ago went to prison on a murder charge for that exact reason. Luckilly he got out of it in the end but he spent 9 months on remand and he suffered a whole load of crap with his personal life laid open for the vultures to tear apart, not just him but his familly too. The local 'rags' had him convicted of murder without ever talking to him or his family.
When a person od's on heroin, as far as I know, just goes into a deep sleep, so deep, they don't awaken from it. So relaxed, they don't even breathe. The line between 'going over' and od ing is a very thin one, If they still breathe at all, get them to the nearest a+e or call the emergency service.
Different drugs cause different problems for the user, that must be the reason the a+e ask what they have been taking, so they know what to give to counter act. I once took someone to the hospital who od'ed on heroin and the sister told me that they only just caught him on time. Another 10 minutes and it would have been too late to save him.
The point is that when a person od's, they just go into a blissfull sleep and know nothing about it. On the other hand, those around him/her, they are the ones who suffer, friends and family.

Please use paragraph breaks; this is impossible to read otherwise.
Old 08-03-2013, 18:01

Male from Earth
mayhem2019 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

I have OD'ed several times, and to tell you the truth, I loved the feeling, I wasn't trying to od, but when I first started years ago I liked the intense warm, tingling rush, that sometimes I would bang, more than my tolerance could handle, that having been said....it's no fun waking up to people screaming, slapping you!!! I've also "brought back" several people over the years and I can personally attest to this--- it sucks being in that situation, I have never been able to walk out on someone that's od' ing but I have had friends that have passed away because the people that they were with, left them, or did not know what to do and were afraid to call an ambulance.
Where I live, the mere mention of " drugs, overdose" when talking to 911 will get the police involved as well, so the best thing to say, if you ever find yourself in the unfortunate situation that someone has od, is to just say they are not breathing period!!! You just got there and found them, and clean the scene if possible, also as long as you breathe for that person, they will be alright.
The heart keeps pumping when you overdose, its the lungs that stop causing the heart to eventually quit, so as long as you are breathing in their mouth for them and don't let them turn blue until help arrives or they come out of it they should be fine.
Please DO NOT consider my post as a substitute for real medical advice, I am only relating from my own personal experiences, and I do not condone trying to revive someone vs calling the ambulance, the only thing that I DO condone is helping someone, if you find someone in trouble, please don't leave them, that's pretty shitty if you ask me, and inhumane I lost 3 wonderful people over the years, that way......all because the scumbags they were with walked out on them when they were in trouble. Having said all that I sincerely believe that a "man/ woman" has to know their limitations, it's pretty fucked up to put people through that experience just "because it feels good" and its really irresponsible as well! I would never use around people that were just being careless for the hell of it, but I do realize that from time to time if you do this long enough you will find yourself around someone who has od, just use common sense people, that's all, you can always push a lil more in, but once its in you, you can't take it back! L8RZZZZZZZ
Old 08-03-2013, 18:40
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute

I remember the one time I almost went over. It was fire dope and dude even told me not to shoot the whole bag (it was a twenty dollar bag and I was able to shoot 40 or 50 dollar bags and be straight). Well smart me put the whole foil in a pop cap and added my water, drew it up, and it was the most beautiful amber brown golden color you will ever see in your life. I capped my rig and left dude's house and drove around the block and parked the car. I grabbed a piece of rope from the back seat of my car and tied off and hit the vein. It was the best rush I'd ever had in my life. I was so strong my vision went out.

Next thing I know, after the rush was over, I'm struggling to breath. All I wanted to do was close my eyes and go to sleep but I knew I couldn't. I was parked in a ghetto ass black neighborhood known for dope and a white boy sleeping in his car will bring heat. Like I could barely breath. I was taking these huge breaths and it was so hard and I felt like I wasn't getting any air. Then I started feeling like I was sinking. Like downing. But not in a bad way. Like ultimate comfort. So peacful. But I knew I had to fight it. So I kept opening my eyes and forcing air in and eventually I was okay enough to drive off.

The whole drive back (like 30 minutes) I could barely keep my eyes open. If I opened them wide, everything went blurry so I had to squint but squinting made it make me want to close my eyes. Everytime I had to stop for traffic, I'd close my eyes. I'd snap too when I'd hear horns behind me. As far as red lights, I don't know if I stopped for any. If I saw there was no traffic, I just kept driving cus I had to make it home.

I make it home finally and my buddy say's "where dinner?" because I was supposed to go to the store and get (steal) something for dinner. I told him I was too fucking high and had to lay down and he got all pissed and started yelling (I think he was mad that I was super high and he wasn't) so I said fuck it and drove like 10 minutes to the store. I knew I was too high to steal anything without getting caught so I took some change I had and bought two big potatoes. While I was standing in line, I was leaning against the convery belt thing and I feel asleep and the cashier woke me up and asked if I was alright and I said yeah, just tired. So I paid and left and went home. I put the potatoes in the oven, laid down in bed and woke up about 12 hours later dope sick. My buddy said he tried to wake me up but he couldn't (some friend) so he just left me to sleep. Plus he ate both potatoes.

So that was my near overdose. There's been other times where I'd be sitting in a chair, do my shot, put the rig on the table, and wake up hours later in the same spot.

I've also had plenty of those "non-dangerous" overdose Kailey spoke of. I'd be off for a while and eat some pills and feel good at first but then get sick to my stomach and get a pounding headache and no euphoria. But still, it wasn't bad. IDK how to explain it. It's never bad when you take opiates...
Old 09-03-2013, 09:37
Palladium Member

24 y/o Female from United States
runnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medlinerunnerupbeautyqueen must mainline Medline
Points: 4,036, Level: 9 Points: 4,036, Level: 9 Points: 4,036, Level: 9
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

The comforting thing about having a friend die from an overdose is knowing that there was no pain. They weren't scared. It really is just like going to bed and never waking up. Much better than the other ways people can die: burn to death, buried alive, brutally raped/murdered, degenerative disease where you know you're dying and you know how long you have left, etc. Overdose is probably the most peaceful death there is.

Unfortunately it's not at all peaceful for the people who are left wondering how big of a part they played in your death, if you would have died had you never met, the people who have to watch as your lips and fingernails and eyelids turn a purple//blue bruise color and your body turns grey. I watched 3 people overdose (2 died) and it's the most terrifying thing, to literally watch as all color and life seeps out from their body.

I don't know what you'd call this, I call it an overdose, basically when I shot up and instantly just passed out only to wake up a few hours later face first on the bathroom floor with circulation to my legs cut off. I don't think it's technically an overdose since I came round without any narcan or anything. Or how about waking up after an overdose in a strange place where your "friends" essentially left you for dead?

Personally I think people who are dying should have the option to die from an overdose instead of their body just shutting down or whatever. If I had to chose my death it would be dying in a burning building after saving a baby or a kitten or something but after that it would be an overdose. Why die in pain and fear when you can die in complete peace?
Old 09-03-2013, 23:31

Male from Earth
mayhem2019 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

What really sucks about losing a friend to overdose, is watching his family's pain and suffering, not to mention having one great friend less in this world, but the real killer is knowing that they started using again because they seen you high, and them overdosing on your connect's stuff, the guilt ate at me for a long time , it took a lot to get over it. Also knowing that me and my friend had resuscitated several people in the past, but when he really needed a hand there was no one around to help him, brings a tear to my eyes to this day, and this happened years ago, the only consolation in all of this is to know that he died peacefully, and in bliss
Old 27-05-2014, 12:59
M0RPH3US M0RPH3US is nu online
Silver Member

20 y/o Male from Earth
M0RPH3US is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 424, Level: 3 Points: 424, Level: 3 Points: 424, Level: 3
Activity: 12.0% Activity: 12.0% Activity: 12.0%

Anyone that has overdosed when plugging that would like to share?

Share this on: