Register Tags

Notices

Opiates & Opioids Opiates & Opioids.

Old 21-05-2012, 16:05

64 y/o Male from United States
bumpie is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
What is the best opiate pill to snort????

Now that my aardvarks opana has been made into a hard plastic like pill he needs to know what pills are still good to snort? He has been on 6-8 opana 40 er's daily for around 3 or 4 yrs now. He has chronic pain and has no trouble getting meds. He just needs to know what is the next best one to ask for.
Thanks guys.
Old 22-05-2012, 09:45
Silver Member

Male from USA - Washington
stasik is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 309, Level: 2 Points: 309, Level: 2 Points: 309, Level: 2
Re: What is the best opiate pill to snort????

Well there's still the IRs Opanas possibly still available to you. But it looks like you've surpassed the small dosages that they come in, a long time ago :/

Opana's are one of the strongest opiates you can legally acquire. Honestly, heroins pretty much the only step you can take, if you insist on putting something up your nose.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Terrible advice, suggesting heroin to a long term pain patient...
Old 22-05-2012, 11:35
Silver Member

26 y/o Female from United States
Tink102487 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 82, Level: 1 Points: 82, Level: 1 Points: 82, Level: 1
Honestly don't even start! I used to snort up to 80-100mg of oxycontin at a time , 6 years later I'm still fighting the cravings. Please don't start! Now I can't take pain killers when I really need them, my tolerance is to high. Fell an tore a couple ligaments in my ankle. ER gave me Percocert 7.5 and it didn't even touch my pain. My primary care physician would not give me anything more, I had to deal with the horrible pain for about a month. No fun! Think before you snort, inject, or ingest anything. You may need it for real one day.
Old 22-05-2012, 16:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink102487 View Post
Honestly don't even start! I used to snort up to 80-100mg of oxycontin at a time , 6 years later I'm still fighting the cravings. Please don't start! Now I can't take pain killers when I really need them, my tolerance is to high. Fell an tore a couple ligaments in my ankle. ER gave me Percocert 7.5 and it didn't even touch my pain. My primary care physician would not give me anything more, I had to deal with the horrible pain for about a month. No fun! Think before you snort, inject, or ingest anything. You may need it for real one day.
Tink, I appreciate your input and concern , but believe me he is waaaaay past all of those concerns. Started out way back in 1967 in vietnam where he developed a huge heroin habit and fought with that up until around 1975 when the panic in NYC hit super hard so he like all good aardvarks switched to shooting crank and was absolutely in love with that for the next 20 yrs. Well that finally had to stop when he in his 50s had open heart surgery. Then a couple of yrs later hit the jackpot and had a liver transplant! Talk about an aardvark using his body as an amusement park and paying the price.
Anyway , now in chronic pain from a Moto GP superbike race he has needed the 6+ opana 40 ERs inhaled up his huge aardvark nose just to be able to walk and function.
Sorry to ramble on and on but since the new hard (plastic) formula, he now needs to be able to get the next best pill that is still snortable to keep him from becoming a useless POS old aardvark that just lays around in pain pain pain. ( So please I know there are people out there having luck with something that is strong and still able to be insulfated) I just never had much experience with pills and only know what I can hear or read.

So I really do appreciate your concern and also do agree with you in instances where its some one just starting out . Damn definately dont start!!!! Hell I dont think these people realize that they will just be opening the Jeanies bottle and the cork wont go back in very easily once its out
Old 22-05-2012, 16:07
Silver Member

31 y/o Female from United States
blondemoment is a decent psychonaut.blondemoment is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 191, Level: 2 Points: 191, Level: 2 Points: 191, Level: 2

What I don't understand is, why do people who truly have "chronic pain" insist on snorting their pain meds? If you really have pain, please take them as prescribed they work better on pain that way. And like the above posters said, you are heading down a bad road if you insist on getting high and snorting. Please take care of your pain first!
It wouldn't be respondsible of me to tell you (if I even knew) what pills are good to snort. Maybe someone else will know.

The concern you have here is evident and you're correct, but this comes off as rather judgmental. It's also simply not true that all meds meant to be taken a certain way work best that way. Again, you're not wrong, but check your facts and tone.
Old 22-05-2012, 17:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondemoment View Post
What I don't understand is, why do people who truly have "chronic pain" insist on snorting their pain meds? If you really have pain, please take them as prescribed they work better on pain that way. And like the above posters said, you are heading down a bad road if you insist on getting high and snorting. Please take care of your pain first!
It wouldn't be respondsible of me to tell you (if I even knew) what pills are good to snort. Maybe someone else will know.
Maybe this will help you. I do not get (high) taking the meds the way I have been, believe it or not. It just works better because it gets into your system stronger and faster period! Do think anyone could or would be prescribed the huge amounts of pills necessary to reach that amount of pain relief. NO WAY! Not to mention the opana 40er price tag of $x per month for 120 pills. Imagine if anyone would have to pay even more if that were doubled. Not to mention I dont believe any Doc would ever write an Rx that large. Hey look, I know it isnt healthy.What the hell, Im 63 yrs old. I just would like to put in the final leg of my time here in reasonable pain free existance. You know what though, it makes the difference between laying in bed in pain day in and day out or actually interacting with family and friends. Walk in our shoes blondemoment and then talk to me. How much real pain have you actually had yourself? IM not talking what you learned in class in college or wherever.
Anyway , I dont understand why you even answered this post? I didnt ask for people who wouldn't feel responsible to answer me even if they knew. Your last statement about maybe someone else will answer me. Now that was somewhat relivant!

Last edited by Gradient; 18-06-2012 at 23:47. Reason: prices
Old 22-05-2012, 18:20
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from Australia
Tigey really adds to the discussion.Tigey really adds to the discussion.Tigey really adds to the discussion.Tigey really adds to the discussion.Tigey really adds to the discussion.Tigey really adds to the discussion.Tigey really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,034, Level: 4 Points: 1,034, Level: 4 Points: 1,034, Level: 4
Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3%

Maybe look at using a fentanyl patch properly. Your blood plasma levels are screwy when you snort, and while peak plasma levels can be higher the drop-off is steep, causing worse withdrawals, worse side-effects and lowering your chances of dealing with your pain for the next decade or three. Forget about the next day, and look to the future.

What the hell, you're 63. I'm less than half your age, I've got serious spinal nerve damage, cauda equina syndrome, trigeminal neuralgia, cluster headaches, vestibular migraine, degenerative disc disease, facet joint degeneration, bilateral sacroiliitis and CRPS. Don't assume that people talking to you don't have worse pain than you do - half a gram of oxycontin a day and 2 100mg fentanyl patches wasn't working on me prior to surgery - they had to use that + IV morpine + IV ketamine + IV fentanyl, then have permanent watch on my breathing. So why not respect that people have put in effort to answer you because they care. You obviously want to do more than your body is up to. I know I do. I have two choices though, I can do less, suffer less, and use less opiates, and live within my limitations, or burn myself out on opiates, burn through the little remaining credit ($) and lose the support of the doctors who treat my conditions because I've decided that instead of relying on them to treat me and fighting for my own quality of care, I'm going to buy illegal drugs. That you can spend time

Quote:
interacting with family and friends
out of your bed isn't something you should take for granted - I can't even sleep in the same bed as my wife because the (expensive, memory foam) mattress causes me too much pain, never mind hanging out with family and friends. you could describe what your pain is and we might be able to help you more - lots of us are on heaps of drugs here.

to answer your question, the best opiates to snort are those pills not packed full of filler, talc etc (read up on what snorting talc can do to your lungs if you want ). if you must extract, look up liquid extraction methods and comparative bioavailability. I don't undertand why you're yelling at us about the amount you're asking to get prescribed when you're buying it illegally, which usually costs more (dealers have to make a profit, right?).

You're seriously offensive to blondemoment here. If you'd bothered to open her profile and read her 'about me' section, you'd see:

Quote:
I was born with NF type 2 (google NF) which causes tumors to grow in my brain and spine, and basically thru out my entire body. I have/had 10 brain tumors and 7 spine tumors. Many surgeries!! Recently my doctor found 2 tumors in my leg that are being tested for cancer because they are different from my other tumors.

I take many pain meds and came here to learn and meet new friends.
Having my spinal nerves at L5/S1 level partially severed, I can relate to her pain, but neurofibromatosis type II consists of multiple tumors on the brain stem and spinal nerves. There aren't many more painful conditions which you can be diagnosed with - whatever you have, getting into a 'my pain is bigger than you pain' battle before checking out your opponent was a bad idea. Depending on your pain, gabapentin and/or lyrica may help neuropathic pain more than the opiates are doing, and taking long-release APAP (3x2x665mg/day) plus an anti-inflammatory (NSAID, such as volaten, ibuprofen or celebrex) may help you, but as you just want to snort, I'll leave it here.

blondemoment didn't seem to be insisting that you were getting high - for chronic pain, opiates rarely give euphoria (if they do, docs pull people off where possible), but rather addressing that you're abusing your meds (or bought drugs) and are here to ask how to better abuse (taking not as intended) any opiate you choose (and for help choosing).

I think you need to read this a few times and see if maybe your age and pain experience doesn't cause you to know everything and discard the information provided by younger people here. One of my friends died a horrific, agonising death at 10 years of age from brain cancer. Pain is not the exclusive domain of the over-40s.

Just to add: there aren't that many opiates on the market, they all act much like each other and it's more down to side-effect profile. However, you might want to cycle through each opiate every year or two in order to try to maintain incomplete cross-tolerance (ie. tolerance to oxyodone is not going to give you the exact same tolerance to hydrocodone, or hydromorphone). A good doctor will treat your pain if it is treatable. Some pain isn't fully manageable through opiates (too much pain, or the wrong type of pain), and trying to get it all to go away is futile. How much can you live with on a scale of 1-10, both at a good time and a bad time?

Good post, level headed, quality information & keeping with the respectful tone of this forum.
Tough Love. Great info. Sensitive defense of another forum member.
Well-stated. Excellent information, alternative points of view, supportive, helpful suggestions - and you managed to keep an even tone throughout! ;) Nice post.

Last edited by Tigey; 25-05-2012 at 17:24.
Old 22-05-2012, 19:56
Palladium Member

scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.
Points: 1,395, Level: 5 Points: 1,395, Level: 5 Points: 1,395, Level: 5
Activity: 3.6% Activity: 3.6% Activity: 3.6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpie View Post
Anyway , now in chronic pain from a Moto GP superbike race he has needed the 6+ opana 40 ERs inhaled up his huge aardvark nose just to be able to walk and function.
Sorry to ramble on and on but since the new hard (plastic) formula, he now needs to be able to get the next best pill that is still snortable to keep him from becoming a useless POS old aardvark that just lays around in pain pain pain.
I am your age (or close). Suffer chronic pain from over 25 surgeries caused by trauma from several motorcycle accidents. None my fault, but that hardly matters. It was during my trips through ICU and months of hospitalization that I learned about the joy and danger of opiates. Except for acute care while hospitalized, it seems that I've been through a 30 year fight to get docs to help control my ever increasing chronic pain with opiates. Finally, found pain management doc who in addition to BuTrans patch, treated me with controlled, trigger pont steroid injections. Expensive, but effective. I get no psychoactive effect from my current treatments, but my pain is under control.

As Tigey said, not all pain is best controlled by opiates, alone. Seek out a good PM doc, get over the insulfation ROA and you should be able to get your pain under control enough to function.

BTW: As a long-term motorcyclist, I don't know any organization that would sanction a racer who takes heavy-duty loads of pain meds....and there is no such thing a Moto GP superbike. Moto GP is the top class in the world. The oldest rider is 38 (currently on injured list). The average Moto GP rider age is about 26. The starting grid has 18 bikes total. Superbike is an entirely different racing series. WARNING: Don't make up stuff on this forum. Somebody will know your BS.

Quote:
So I really do appreciate your concern and also do agree with you in instances where its some one just starting out . Damn definately dont start!!!! Hell I dont think these people realize that they will just be opening the Jeanies bottle and the cork wont go back in very easily once its out
Honorable warning for those who are considering opiates for fun. Could help someone.

Helpful & compassionate, sharing of personal experiences to relate to the OP. Good info & suggestions.

Last edited by scartissue_68; 22-05-2012 at 22:17.
Old 23-05-2012, 09:10
Silver Member

Tigey- your post made me smile. I haven't smiled that much since March. Thank you.

Scartissue- funny username! My dad is a Harley rider. Scares the crap out of me. Glad you are alive!

Last edited by blondemoment; 23-05-2012 at 09:41.
Old 23-05-2012, 19:33
Palladium Member

scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.scartissue_68 really knows their shit.

Quote:
Tigey- your post made me smile. I haven't smiled that much since March. Thank you.

Scartissue- funny username! My dad is a Harley rider. Scares the crap out of me. Glad you are alive!
Hang in there, blondemoment. Most of us have no idea what you suffer. Some of us have a small clue. Laughter is indeed good for your pain. I had a Psychiatrist prescribe the Three Stooges for me during an extended hospitalization. No Shit. He prescribed it. It worked. Problem is that eventually you can't watch anything, forever, but it's worth considering that you find way to stimulate your "funny bones."

Thanks for the good will. My screenname was earned, if unintentionally. Apparently, there's another scartissue, as I had to append my choice with the "68" to make it work for me.

Bikes are much less dangerous, if only used for recreation. When used for transportation, they put you into traffic at the worst times of the day. Cars will always win the battle of space and time. You can worry less if your Dad likes morning rides in the country.

Make sure he wears a helmet. Where it's legal, Harley Guys are notorious for the riding topless and preaching the freedom to be "vegetables". That may sound harsh, but it comes from 42 years of riding with all sorts of motorcyclists. Just pay attention. If your state doesn't have mandatory helmet laws, just check out which riders are "wearing" and which are not.

There is no excuse on the helmet issue. From Jet Fighter Pilots to kids on Rent-a-Karts. Helmets are mandatory equipment. I support the freedom to be stupid, but a Full-Face Helmet is mandatory in my world. Full-Body leather, reinforced with Kevlar and Carbon Fiber would be ideal, but no Harley Guy would ever dress like a racer. In their defense, I have seen leather pants, but this "sexy" accessory is often topped off with cut-out denim and a dew-rag.

I'm writing all this because a helmet saved my limited brain capacity twice. I have a collection of helmets that gave their lives for ability to think and experience the world. My helmet lecture might be off topic, but this forum is adamant about harm-reduction.

Everyone's pain is a "10". For others to judge your pain is an act of arrogance.

I wish you only the best.
Old 24-05-2012, 01:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by scartissue_68 View Post

BTW: As a long-term motorcyclist, I don't know any organization that would sanction a racer who takes heavy-duty loads of pain meds....and there is no such thing a Moto GP superbike. Moto GP is the top class in the world. The oldest rider is 38 (currently on injured list). The average Moto GP rider age is about 26. The starting grid has 18 bikes total. Superbike is an entirely different racing series. WARNING: Don't make up stuff on this forum. Somebody will know your BS.

Honorable warning for those who are considering opiates for fun. Could help someone.

Look bud, first of all I am not and was not trying to have a so called pissing contest with any other members about my kind and intensity of pain. Of course I am not the one with the worst pain or with any of the horrible stories that some of you people have . BTW on the other hand no one including you knows anything about me and my trials and tribulations with what I have been thru and what meds I have tried and what has or has not worked.
First of all I am not sure why I am being accused of picking on Blondemoment? I have not picked on anyone on this site for any reason whatsoever. I have asked one question and have gotten lots of replies. Some of which I have replied to like yours for instance. I hope I will not be accused of picking on you now also. No I did not read her profile. Not my policy, especially when asking the type question I asked.
Second, I never stated I was a professional AMA sanctioned racer. I was at a track day with our club and like they do alot of times is break up the day and have a for fun Moto GP Race. Guess what? I was, like most everyone else on a superbike. So I suggest before you accuse anyone of laying down a line of BS, it would be nice to have all of the facts. Oh yeah , one more thing. Of course I wasn't on large amounts or any amount of pain medication on the track day or any track day. The pain didnt start until after I was released from my lengthy hospital stay and then the following in house rehab. Before you accuse me of anything else I guess I should also state that I sold my 2 track bikes pretty soon after I left the hospital. Then after looking at my street bikes sitting in the garage year after year not getting ridden , I finally sold them also.
Believe me I went to all the pain clinics, tried all the meds they put me on and I didn't get any relief whatsoever. One Doc. tried me on Opana and guess what? I got much relief from it.
Well, I'm not here to fight with anyone so I will now be done. I'm just looking for some way, any way to live a less pain infested life. I appreciate all of your concern and advice.
Old 24-05-2012, 15:57
Palladium Member

Quote:
Second, I never stated I was a professional AMA sanctioned racer. I was at a track day with our club and like they do alot of times is break up the day and have a for fun Moto GP Race. Guess what? I was, like most everyone else on a superbike. So I suggest before you accuse anyone of laying down a line of BS, it would be nice to have all of the facts. Oh yeah , one more thing. Of course I wasn't on large amounts or any amount of pain medication on the track day or any track day.
I briefly explained my personal experiences with trauma and pain so as to qualify my opinion. I'm sorry if this came off as a "pissing contest." You might have noticed in a later post that I stated everyone's pain is a "10". That includes you, my friend. Who's "10" is bigger, bores me to death.

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding on sanctioned racing and my false assumptions about your use of opiates while riding/racing. I was calling BS on the "Moto GP superbike" part of your post. If someone is a sporting motorcyclist, they would know (what I explained in detail) that Moto GP is the proper name of a racing series. Moto GP is not some generic type of "track day" activity. BS on that issue still stands as you continue to use the term Moto GP improperly. Perhaps BS is a bit strong, but you'd have to admit, if I said I was in an Indy Car race, you'd assume that meant a big-time professional race, not a street drag in Indianapolis.

The reason I called "BS" is that I've noticed, that is not unusual, when a person on DF is seeking advice on methods of abuse or drug to abuse, (particularly opiates) they will build a "story" of pain to support their attempt to extract info from the forum. I did not draw a conclusion for the thread, I only pionted to one area that didn't ring true. Members can then draw their own conclusion to your story.

Also, I did not accuse you of being insensitive to blondemoment. That was another post.

Quote:
Believe me I went to all the pain clinics, tried all the meds they put me on and I didn't get any relief whatsoever. One Doc. tried me on Opana and guess what? I got much relief from it.
Well, I'm not here to fight with anyone so I will now be done. I'm just looking for some way, any way to live a less pain infested life. I appreciate all of your concern and advice.
You did not mention whether or not steroid injections had been attempted. Modern techniques are remarkable. Medical MJ is another alternative, as is an on-body pump infusing opiates. TENS seem to have a spotty rep and never worked at all for me. There are obviously other techniques, I have never heard of...we all owe to ourselves to do our own homework on both opiates and alternative pain control systems and practices.

All we chronic pain patients can hope for is taking the debilitating pain levels down to a level where we can function. It is our job to deal with the rest. "Pain Free" would come only from surgically severed nerves or death.

I am sorry for your pain and am sorry you had to sell your bikes. Only a fellow rider would understand the second pain. I also apologize for assumptions that you hadn't sought a full gamut of treatment. I'll take you at your word. Opana is a "Top Gun" opiate, but see Tigey's comments about why spiking your blood serum levels with insulfation is not good for pain control and likely jacked your tolerance.

Read Tigey's post again. He's said everything I would say and much I did not know.

I have discovered that some tough love has helped me on my journey with chronic pain.

I pray you assume that we all want only the best for those who open their lives to strangers here on DF. Often, the advice isn't what we want, but it might be what we need.

I send you only good will and concern for your finding relief.

Last edited by scartissue_68; 25-05-2012 at 15:07. Reason: Added alternatives for pain control
Old 25-05-2012, 16:48
Silver Member

Scartissue- luckily my dad only rides on the weekends. He owns a oil company here in Texas so he's an oil man by day, but a Harley man by weekend, haha! He's a big believer in safety and laws. He use to be a cop when I was a baby. He won't ride anywhere without his helmet and they always try to take the back country roads. Of course that doesn't stop me from worrying about him. I am so afraid that one day a stupid driver is going to hit him. Anyways, thank you for everything. I feel bad this thread turned into what it did, but I really just wanted the OP to know I think taking meds as prescribed will work better and longer on his pain. Snorting is just gonna build tolerance really quickly. Now I think I will go rent The Three Stooges and maybe I Love Lucy. Lord knows I need it, hehe.

To the OP- I don't think anyone is trying to say you were picking on me. I think you just hit a nerve with scartissue and tigey when you told me to walk a day in your shoes because they have seen what I have been thru since March and I was really just trying to help you. I am bad with words sometimes so I do apologize.

Last edited by blondemoment; 25-05-2012 at 17:04.
Old 26-05-2012, 15:56
Palladium Member

blondemoment - Glad to hear your dad is a weekend warrior AND wears safety gear. Yes, worry about his safety will always be there, but as your dad sounds properly trained and knows the results of car vs bike through his own life experience, he is way ahead of the pack (bad pun, accidental) in terms of possibilities of another causing him pain.

I believe this thread did exactly what it was supposed to do. Good advice for the OP. Love for you. I learned much from all. Hope others feel the same.

Here's hoping that medical science will find THE breakthrough pain control method for you soon. In the meantime, enjoy the Stooges. The Plumber episode is an absolute classic.

Memorial Day 2012....Remember.
Old 26-05-2012, 17:34
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from Australia
wrek1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 63, Level: 1 Points: 63, Level: 1 Points: 63, Level: 1
Quote:
Tink, I appreciate your input and concern , but believe me he is waaaaay past all of those concerns. Started out way back in 1967 in vietnam where he developed a huge heroin habit and fought with that up until around 1975 when the panic in NYC hit super hard so he like all good aardvarks switched to shooting crank and was absolutely in love with that for the next 20 yrs. Well that finally had to stop when he in his 50s had open heart surgery. Then a couple of yrs later hit the jackpot and had a liver transplant! Talk about an aardvark using his body as an amusement park and paying the price.
Sorry to ramble on and on but since the new hard (plastic) formula, he now needs to be able to get the next best pill that is still snortable to keep him from becoming a useless POS old aardvark that just lays around in pain pain pain. ( So please I know there are people out there having luck with something that is strong and still able to be insulfated) I just never had much experience with pills and only know what I can hear or read.

Swim has found oxycontin 80mg does the job, iv got crush fracture in spine and I couldn't do a thing without them, yes they very addictive but would rather have an addiction prob then be in pain 24/7 and un able to walk

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2
Old 26-05-2012, 18:42
Silver Member

30 y/o Male from United States
eklypised is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 370, Level: 3 Points: 370, Level: 3 Points: 370, Level: 3

Short answer...Roxycontin

Gave short but sweet answer the OP had asked for.
Pretty much a useless one liner. Short acting meds are not really appropriate for chronic pain, they are only appropriate for breakthrough in this case. You need to expand your points. There is no "Short answer" here.
Old 27-05-2012, 18:19

Quote:

To the OP- I don't think anyone is trying to say you were picking on me. I think you just hit a nerve with scartissue and tigey when you told me to walk a day in your shoes because they have seen what I have been thru since March and I was really just trying to help you. I am bad with words sometimes so I do apologize.
There is no reason to apologize to me. I should be the one doing the apoligizing. My fault for not doing my research on who I was talking to. I really can't imagine having pain worse than what I have , but I do realize that there are lots and lots of people out there that would give anything to have pain that is only as bad as mine compared to what they live thru. I think someone said it best on the one post ( Everyone's pain is a "10". For others to judge your pain is an act of arrogance.)
So again my apologies to anyone I have rubbed the wrong way. I'm glad this is resolved. At least I hope it is. I really do not like conflict

Sensitve and enlightened. Best reason for coming to DF with pain issues.
Old 27-05-2012, 20:18
Silver Member

35 y/o Male from United Kingdom
knightsmith is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 319, Level: 2 Points: 319, Level: 2 Points: 319, Level: 2
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%

I find pain a huge issue as an addict, when I get tooth pain, its the bloody worst in the world to where I was told to call 999 from a doctor, my gum was spurting blood, it was the worst ever and I had to endure it for 3 weeks. No doctor wants to write an addict a script in my land, I really do appreciate the struggle you guys in pain face, it makes me appeciate my own situation more, and I hope you guys manage to find a solution that makes your life more barable. One thing that made me think from this thread, was the part about a guys dad being trained for bikes. My dad went to work on a bicycle, has been under 3 cars and walked away, and I feel I shame him by not fixing my problem, what i'm saying is, this thread has made me appreciate that things can always be alot worse for me. It may seem offtopic, I hope it offers those posting experiences piece of mind, that their experiences do make people think and take notice.
Old 28-05-2012, 05:36

Male from Australia
Tigey really adds to the discussion.Tigey really adds to the discussion.Tigey really adds to the discussion.Tigey really adds to the discussion.Tigey really adds to the discussion.Tigey really adds to the discussion.Tigey really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,034, Level: 4 Points: 1,034, Level: 4 Points: 1,034, Level: 4
Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3%

bumpie,

I just wanted to commend you for your mature response to blondemoment's post. I know how bad one bulging disc felt to me when I was 16, and I know how much I'd give just to have a disc bulge now. The reality of pain is that we're all wired differently, and a lot of people end up with totally fried nervous systems, so whatever we'd initially feel in terms of pain levels, our bodies are wired now to send us the biggest "ouch" they know how. While tumors and nerve root compression/cutting introduce people to a whole new level, it is indeed incomprehensible until you have that level, because the scale only goes from "I'm fine" to "Oh God, that whimper...whimper...*small mewling sounds*...Oh God!" anyway.

I'm sorry you're in so much pain. I'm glad you're still posting. It's worth noticing that at least one of the people advising you on snorting is saying he's gonna address his problems now.

That short answer - oxycodone - is a silly one. All pills are stuffed with fillers and binders and he's given no reason for thinking that oxycodone/oxycontin has any fewer nasties (like talc) which are going to damage your mucous membranes and do the same damage that badly chopped cocaine does. These pills have an oral bioavailability that is higher than rectal/intra-nasal bioavailability (UTFSE on "oxycodone bioavailability" and "opiate bioavailability"), so you'd get a bigger effect from swallowing them.

I'm just wondering what advice given in this thread you're planning on taking, and what you don't believe is true, have doubts about, or have questions about. Is there any chance you could elucidate for us?
Old 28-05-2012, 23:28

Male from USA - Kentucky
The23Jman should review received reputation comments.

The only thing i can think of is roxi's which i dont think have been reformulated like oxy's yet, if not that than you may want to look into Zohydro (Pure hydrocodone in 10,20,30,40, or 50 mgs), which would make it snortable and injectable, more potent, and finally pure hydrocodone, so no more worthless apap in it. But hydrocodone isnt near as potent as oxymorphone though, so you need a very high dosage since your already on opana 40, or you could look into hydromorphone which is alot closer to the strength of oxymorphone, the only pill i know of with hydromorhpone is Dilaudid, but i dont know much about it.
Old 01-08-2012, 18:59

Male from United States
midiandivia is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

bumpie,

SWIM would usually recommend oxycotin for snorting but as of July of last year their formula was forced to be changed by the government and now snorting the pills are damn near impossible. They were SWIMS favorite until this happened. Now SWIM is prescribed oxycodone 30mg and they are great for snorting. It is percocet without the added filler and tylenol. They come in 5, 10, 15, 20 and 30mg pills. The highest are the 30mg pills not sure if they make anything stronger than that. The US government is really trying to crack down on the abuse of prescription medication so sooner or later all these pills will be forced to be reformulated so I would stock up while you still can. When the oxycotin reformulation was first heard everyone though it was a rumor and just ignored it and it seemed almost overnight you couldnt find the normal OC oxycotin anywhere they practically disappeared off the market. Now they have the OP ones and the new formula keeps you from being able to crush the pill in anyway so you cannot abuse it.

Another one that is supposed to be good for snorting is Opana. SWIM personally does not like them have tried it before and it smells and taste funky when snorted my cuz on the other hand loves them and swears by them.

Anyway hope this helps and good luck!
Old 04-10-2012, 02:16

25 y/o Male from United States
timmaywoohoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
Now that my aardvarks opana has been made into a hard plastic like pill he needs to know what pills are still good to snort? He has been on 6-8 opana 40 er's daily for around 3 or 4 yrs now. He has chronic pain and has no trouble getting meds. He just needs to know what is the next best one to ask for.
Thanks guys.
HERE IS THE SOLUTION EVERYONE!!! It's so simple i dont know why everyone doesnt onow already.

The bad news:

Theyve been fucking up all our fav pills lately turning them into the plasticy bullshit that turns to gel when mixed with water, ie oxycontin, various flavors of ms contin, opana...

*sad face*

Well tamper proof my ass you can abuse them very simply.

Okay so take your pill and grind it super fine via a pill grinder, place the contents into a spoon or one of those cookers you get at a needle exchange.

Put a small pinch of table salt in the spoon on top of.your crushed pill. Yes folks, the secret is table salt, it prevents the polymer from binding and creating the gel. Dont use a ton of salt or it will burn when you inject or insufflate the solution. If you've used coke meth or heroin the proper amount of salt looks like the equivelant size to around 0.1g - a tenth of a gram, a small stamp bag of dope, or "a point". So about a pinch between the pointer finger and thumb, its gotta be enough to cause the reaction just dont go overboard. Too much is better than too little, although if you do use too little and it gels up you can just eat it and itll work just as well so its not like you can fuck up your pill here.

Now take a syringe and fill it with 100 units of water, then squirt it into the mixture, try and aim it at the salt.

Then agitate the mixture with a small object like a pin or a key stirring for 30 seconds or so.

Then use a lighter under the spoon JUST long enough to bring it to a boil as soon as it boils stop. then stir for a few seconds more.

Pull a little piece of cotton off the tip of a q tip, it needs to be bigger than what you would use for street drugs or the pill binder will clog it, for street drugs you use a piece about the size of a bb, you want it about double that.

Now stick the needle into the cotton and draw up the liquid. Personally I recommend injecting the solution but you can squirt it up your nose whilst inhaling and snort it as well.

I have personally used this technique to inject two different brands of ms contin that both gel up, and ive used it with the new 40mg and 80mg brand name oxycontins with the op stamp. I havent had an opana in my possession in years and I only learned about this technique maybe 18 months ago, so I cant be 100% positive it works but the antitampering technology is the same so Im 90% sure it will.

IF it doesn't work, you probably used too little salt.

Another variation on my instructions is that you can put the salt in the spoon without the pill.first, squirt in the water and dissolve it and draw it back up the syringe, then place the pill powder in the spoon and squirt your homemade saline solution thats in your syringe over it and go from there. Or you can leave the table salt out altogether and use storebought saline solution and the pills will cook up just like the oldschool oc oxycontins etc used to.

Have fun )
Old 11-10-2012, 05:06

25 y/o Male from United States
Roll1N should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 382, Level: 3 Points: 382, Level: 3 Points: 382, Level: 3
Activity: 5.8% Activity: 5.8% Activity: 5.8%

Although swim isn't a big snort fan, he'll have to say Roxicodone. No apap is the way to go!
Old 11-10-2012, 05:21
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from United States
cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.
Points: 2,107, Level: 6 Points: 2,107, Level: 6 Points: 2,107, Level: 6
Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2%

It's threads like these that make me miss the good ol' OC80's. Hell, the best they seem to have now is the percocet 30's. Good thing they're tiny.

Share this on:

Tags
addiction, chronic pain, fentanyl, heroin, opiate comparison, opiates, oxycodone, oxymorphone, pain control, pain management