Register Tags

Notices

Old 21-05-2012, 02:05

Female from Earth
Deadbeatlover is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
100 mcg/h fentanyl patch first time user question

Hi everyone! Swim acquired a fentanyl 100 mcg/h a few days ago but has wanted to get an opinion before using. (Swim believes that's what the labeling is, She knows for a fact it's 100 mcg.) swim was wondering how she should take it? She's been taking Roxy 15 mg for about 3 years but often takes up to 150 mg. she was recently in the hospital and had iv fentanyl before a procedure 2x and fentanyl citrate in an epidural catheter for about 2 days with a continuous dose as well as a button to press and bolus'.
she'd like to know if using the patch the normal way, just sticking it on the skin, would be safe? If so, to prevent it from falling off could she put bandaids around the sides to make sure it doesn't fall off?
Swim has also heard you can cut it, should she cut it in half,fourths, or eights?
Another way she has heard of is chewing it.

Please give all the advice you can. Thanks guys!
Old 23-05-2012, 22:28
Silver Member

38 y/o Male from United States
JJ1234 is captain of the psychonauts.JJ1234 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 286, Level: 2 Points: 286, Level: 2 Points: 286, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: 100 mcg/h fentanyl patch first time user question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadbeatlover View Post
Hi everyone! Swim acquired a fentanyl 100 mcg/h a few days ago but has wanted to get an opinion before using. (Swim believes that's what the labeling is, She knows for a fact it's 100 mcg.) swim was wondering how she should take it? She's been taking Roxy 15 mg for about 3 years but often takes up to 150 mg. she was recently in the hospital and had iv fentanyl before a procedure 2x and fentanyl citrate in an epidural catheter for about 2 days with a continuous dose as well as a button to press and bolus'.
she'd like to know if using the patch the normal way, just sticking it on the skin, would be safe? If so, to prevent it from falling off could she put bandaids around the sides to make sure it doesn't fall off?
Swim has also heard you can cut it, should she cut it in half,fourths, or eights?
Another way she has heard of is chewing it.

Please give all the advice you can. Thanks guys!
Okay the first thing you did that is smart is not take this without researching. YOU WOULD BE DEAD! Hope I have your attention now. Welcome to the forum. Now that I am going to give you some answers so you don't kill your self(or much less likely too anyway), PLEASE take sometime to read this post, any links I provide, and most of all the rules of the forum and how to UTFSE(Use The Forum Search Engine).

I'm not going to post links right now and am going to give you some very quick and accurate info THIS TIME ONLY because I feel time is of the essence in this case. Most of may info will be accurate, although I may make a small mistake as I am trying to hurry.

Here we go. Your Watson 100mcg(that microgram or millionth of a gram)patch DOESN'T only have 100 micrograms of fentanyl in it. It has 10 MILLIGRAMS = to 1-2 GRAMS of morphine! If it is gel(which it should bee), you can't just cut it. Even if it isn't gel and is a matrix formula, 1/4 of a patch will most likely KILL YOU!

Let me post this and I'll add the important stuff you need to know to even think about doing this in a halfway safe manner. I just want to get you this message quickly!

JJ1234 added 18 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

Take your patch and if it the clear gel type, you can cut a corner off and squeeze out gel onto a glass pie plat or something like that with a credit card type thing. Spread it out evenly to let dry completely. Don't throw out patch after doing this! The rest of the Fentanyl can bee extracted(up to 30% or so!). Here is a link to patch extraction for all patches. even those that have been worn! http://http://www.drugs-forum.com/fo...ad.php?t=68554

Okay, now what do you do with this gel/Fentanyl mix? The safest way to use and the only way I will even condone is vaporizing it. It is just way to hard to judge dose and WAY to easy to OD using any other method. Here is a link to how to do this: http://http://www.drugs-forum.com/fo...d.php?t=148708.

Hope this helps. Don't take this lightly as it can EASILY kill you.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Beat me to it , great job with the post. I am praying this person read this befeore it was to late.
quick and informative

Last edited by JJ1234; 23-05-2012 at 22:28. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 23-05-2012, 23:34
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

27 y/o Male from United States
Rudyak is learning how to become a psychonaut.

***DO NOT PUT THAT PATCH ON***

I just spilled the Pepsi on my hand to immedetly respond to this. That patch will KILL YOU.

DO NOT USE FENTANYL PERIOD.

If you are unwise enough to ignore that advice -- then let some guys on here explain "the least" deadly method of using Fentanyl. And do research...

I hope it isn't too late.

Rudyak added 3 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

I had to get that post off quick. It makes me sad because I can imagine myself at age 15 coming on here -- asking a question like that , and being impatient and just sticking it on (something I would have done)

Please post and let us know you are O.K.

Rudyak added 5 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

"In military applications, fentanyl and, possibly, derivatives can be used to very rapidly incapacitate and to kill."

Last edited by Rudyak; 23-05-2012 at 23:34. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 23-05-2012, 23:52
Silver Member

^^^ Yes if you or most people on earth for that matter it would kill! Won't bee to quickly, and even pleasant to a point, but DEATH IS DEATH so don't even try it unless you are severely opiate tolerant and prescribed that amount.

Also if ever extracting, make sure to were proper gloves!. If any of the gel or adhesive touches any part of your skin wash with clean water only. Soaps and other things may help with it absorbing through the skin. It is actually 92% bio-availability through trans-dermal ROA.

Last edited by JJ1234; 27-05-2012 at 01:21. Reason: Fixed spelling errors
Old 25-05-2012, 01:38

Male from United States
Addicted2Fentanyl is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1

I was so floored about this post that i had to sign up and wait 24 hours before i could reply. Being on it for 4 years then FINALLY being fentanyl free on May 19th, 2012, I dont wish the withdrawals on anyone. I have a fractured L1 and diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I didn't do my research concerning this drug. I currently was using percocets and dilaudid then got a second doc and got the fentanyl. The drugs weren't working anymore because i was just feeling the withdrawal symptoms. It didn't make any sense continuing these drugs if they weren't working anymore. The high was gone and death seemed the option if i would of increase the drugs. I was taking 12 percocets 10/325, 6 dilaudids, with two 100mcg patches on both of my arms. When i started abusing all three drugs, it got to the point were i ended up at the emergency room and given a choice to go to rehab. But rehab wasn't an option for i've experience rehab 3 times for methamphetamine abuse. Meth has been my life long drug of choice. I am currently 44 yrs old and never have experienced opioid withdrawal. Still withdrawing, i don't wish this pain and suffering on anyone. Deadbeatlover don't take the 100 mcg patch. Its a death trap...

Post Quality Evaluations:
thanks for sharing. compassionate and useful advice for the OP
Old 25-05-2012, 20:26
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from Australia
Tigey really adds to the discussion.Tigey really adds to the discussion.Tigey really adds to the discussion.Tigey really adds to the discussion.Tigey really adds to the discussion.Tigey really adds to the discussion.Tigey really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,034, Level: 4 Points: 1,034, Level: 4 Points: 1,034, Level: 4
Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3%

Fentanyl patches can cause respiratory depression/failure and via that, death, even for people who are opiate tolerant and have been on them long term.

Using band-aids and other coverings on fentanyl patches, or cutting them, can lead to dose dumping. Dose dumping is when the contents of the patch enter the skin when the time release mechanism has failed, causing large opiate amounts to enter the skin. This is often when death occurs.
Old 26-05-2012, 16:30
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15

It's too bad this good information didn't get posted in reply to the OP until 3 days after he posted. *sigh*

I do so hope he found more information on it before using it...

People need to remember: the 12.5/25/50/100 micrograms mentioned on the patch is PER HOUR. These patches are designed to last 3 DAYS. 3 DAYS OF 100mcg PER HOUR.

Even the smallest of these patches as AT LEAST 2mg OF FENTANYL IN TOTAL. And they usually have more! THAT 100mcg/hr PATCH CONTAINS NEARLY 17mg OF FENTANYL!!!!

There has been good info posted already, but I just felt the need to remind/inform anyone new to messing with Fentanyl patches of this information. Fentanyl is dangerous to play with, because it's really fucking potent & can cause respiratory depression more easily than many other opioids AND, since it's not as euphoric as other opioids, people can easily take more thinking they aren't "high enough" & overdose & die.

Be very careful trying to use Fentanyl recreationally.

~Kailey
Old 02-02-2013, 01:29

Male from United States
irish45 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

I was just prescribed fentanyl patches. Haven't pick up prescription yet so I'm not sure of dosage but after reading this I'm am a bit hesitant. Doc put me on up to 6 oxycodons a day plus fentanyl. Will I be ok?
Old 02-02-2013, 14:53
R.I.P.

Male from USA - Ohio
mr sic is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 125, Level: 1 Points: 125, Level: 1 Points: 125, Level: 1
Activity: 24.8% Activity: 24.8% Activity: 24.8%

^^Have you been on other pain killers for a while? Im pretty sure you would have been, I cant see a doctor wanting to kill his patients using this method. Your doctor has a lot to lose so im pretty sure he knows what to prescribe.

That said, he defenitly could be over prescribing you, so if you are worried start off smaller, you dont have to take all 6 of your oxycodones, plus if your going to be wearing the patch(which you should) it will only release a small amount of fentanyl through your skin over a period of a few days, plus if you start feeling that its too much, you can take the patch off.
Old 06-02-2013, 02:43
Silver Member

Male from Earth
jazzy 101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 147, Level: 1 Points: 147, Level: 1 Points: 147, Level: 1
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

@irish45,

Sounds a lot like what my doctor did. However, I have been suffering with pain for YEARS and it took me over a while to get to this point.. As for you, You don't say how long you've been on any medication.

I would assume that you also have been dealing with pain for years and you also have worked your way up to this point, If so, Than you shouldn't worry as long as you use the patch and take your dose of Oxycodone properly you will be okay because i doubt any medical doctor would prescribe such a high dose to someone with no history of pain or opiate use.

IF you didn't receive this medication from a licensed doctor (MD) than I would be EXTREMELY CAUTIOUS on how you use it - I would even suggest not using it, Even IF you think your tolerant enough. Because this combination can easily turn deadly if not used correctly & monitored closely by the professional care of an MD.
__________________________________________________ _______

@Deadbeatlover, I really hope you have not decided to do anything with your Fentanyl patch that your not suppose to, Even the slightest slip and you can end up killing yourself. Use it EXACTLY as directed.
I am currently on 25mcg/Hour patch along with 60mg of oxycodone (IR) a day and i have found it to be quite helpful and strong when taken with my oxycodone, with that said, I have a long history with strong narcotic medication such as opiates and even i would say its good enough as is, No need to go tampering with it and possibly end up dying or overdosing, If they're not helping you enough than talk to your doctor, Don't mess around with Fentanyl.
Old 06-02-2013, 03:09
Silver Member

Since OP said he "acquired" this patch I doubt it was from a doctor!

Also scared me when I seen only one post by him until I checked the last log in which was a couple of weeks after the OP. So either he waited until my post at least before trying(doubt it), got info somewhere else(I hope), tried it and got very lucky(possible), or it was too late and it is someone else logged in his account(not likely but always possible!).

Anyway better than seeing that there was at least a log in a month later. less likely something bad happened.
Old 08-02-2013, 13:33

Male from United States
irish45 is an unknown quantity at this point
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

I've been dealing with chronic back pain since the summer 2012. I've been on pain Meds since sept. Yes my doc is a licensed pain &spine doc. And at this point I have a pretty good tolerance with opiates. Thanks for the comebacks. FYI it is 25cc of fentanyl My doc said 3 days with patch 3 days off patch.
Old 11-03-2013, 03:55

39 y/o Male from United States
MrVicodin2005 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%

With Fentanyl, in my opinion, it all has to do with your amount of tolerance to opiates. I have a pretty good tolerance to opiates of all kinds. My first introduction to fentanyl was a 1200mcg actiq lozenge which got me pretty tore up. Fentanyl is so strong that the buzz you get isn't really that pleasant, just sedating. But, it kills the pain. So, when i had a chance to try a 100mcg patch i cut it in half (malinckrodt brand matrix design) and put half of it on me and waited a day to see how i felt, which was very little, so i put the other half on. No pain, and no high. But, as everyone has said, fentanyl is very strong. If you're not opiate tolerant, don't even mess with it. If you're able to do hundreds of milligrams of oxy or morphine a day, I think you'll be alright. But, if you have the slightest doubt, start slow, cut it in pieces. Hope this helps.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:35

56 y/o Male from United States
stlnoble is an unknown quantity at this point
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

first off are you on 25mcg/h not 25cc?. 2nd I'm not sure why your doctor is having you on 3day off 3day 2me that mean your body is with out the meds 2 1/2 days .
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish45 View Post
I've been dealing with chronic back pain since the summer 2012. I've been on pain Meds since sept. Yes my doc is a licensed pain &spine doc. And at this point I have a pretty good tolerance with opiates. Thanks for the comebacks. FYI it is 25cc of fentanyl My doc said 3 days with patch 3 days off patch.
Old 01-07-2013, 23:13

21 y/o Male from Canada
tony420 needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

don't do it mate ive seen to many of my friends Od with fentanyl id hate to see you be one of them

just sell it and get some other shit fentanyl is worth just as much if not more then heroin$$ wise and is more potent
Old 19-08-2013, 06:58
Silver Member

Female from Canada
jewitch is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1 Points: 62, Level: 1

fentanyl is for end of life pain relief and severe pain with long term opiate use. i do not recommend anyone ever use it without a doctors script!
i can not see why any doctor would recommend taking the patch off for 3 days, as it only works when you have steady dose. frequently, they are prescribed in tandem, (2 at a time, 36 hrs apart) to keep the dose steady.
fentanyl is stored in the body fat when wore on skin, removing the patch may not have any effect for up to 6 hrs. same said for pain relief on days of patch change.
fentanyl is used as an anaesthetic, large doses are supposed to knock you out, expect it, and have a spotter with you whenever you use it. i have a care giver at my side at all times, 24 hrs a day while i have been on it.
it is the only drug that is to be flushed down the toilet, (mandatory in canada) because there is enough medicine left in patches after use to kill someone.
as a long term user of iv morphine through a shunt in my arm which drips straight into my heart 24/hrs a day 7 days a week for years...when i switched to the ratiopharm clear patches i was started at 2x 25mcg/h patches changed every 36 hrs on a 3 day spread and slowly worked up to 2 x 100mcg patches. i was getting grocery bags of liquid iv morphine delivered weekly and still i was slowly put on this medicine! i do not recommend it for anyone recreationally, the high sucks and the side effects blow goats for busfare!

Share this on:

Tags
fentanyl, fentanyl patch

» New Threads
Any actually OCCASIONAL user out...
Last post by babalooj
22 Replies, 1,462 Views
Sudden increase in tolerance for...
Last post by Mr. Yukk
2 Replies, 98 Views
Heroin; I really need some...
Last post by curiousonlooker