Ecstasy & MDMA Ecstasy (XTC) pills and pure MDMA

Old 13-05-2006, 09:44
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

26 y/o Male
Kalagast is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
A question about MDMA's affects on the renal system

I have read from a few sources (Lycaeum, etc.) that MDMA produces some strain on liver, heart, and kidney function. I'm mostly interested in the latter of these, but I'm having a difficult time finding any information on MDMA's affects on the kidneys in abundance.

I'd be very grateful if anyone could provide me with some links or information about this. Specifically, I'm wondering if it would be significantly dangeorus for someone with only one kidney to ingest MDMA.
Old 13-05-2006, 19:28

33 y/o Male
Unsolved is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 945, Level: 4 Points: 945, Level: 4 Points: 945, Level: 4
Everything you ingest from drugs to certin foods can strain all these systems not just mdma. The body has to break everything down that you ingest which causes this internal strain. However I'm sure that it does strain these systems to some degree, dose dependant on how much the body is strained of course. Not more then any other susbtance that I'm aware of especially some of the anti rejection drugs used for transplants. These drugs are extremely stressful on the kidney and liver. Plus everyone is a little different, however I venture to guess with almost all normal people the strain is temporary on these organs and the all the organs will return back to normal function upon stopping your roll and getting some rest. As far as having only one working kidney and taking mdma, I just don't know either way. Anyone else out there know????
Old 13-05-2006, 23:11
Banned

Male
Nagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8
I would suggest that you get in touch with your veterinarian regards the rat you met that has one kidney and enquire the dangers of giving it an amphetamine. An amphetamine is what you are speaking of here. If those with one kidney can tolerate an occasional amphetamine ride - there should be no problem. If rats with one kidney as contra-indicated for such - then steer clear.

Where is our pet veterinarian when we need him....growl...sets loose the Flying Monkeys...
Old 14-05-2006, 15:40

33 y/o Male
Unsolved is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 945, Level: 4 Points: 945, Level: 4 Points: 945, Level: 4
Nagognog2 I like that "set loose the flying monkeys..." lol
Old 15-05-2006, 19:56

38 y/o Male from United States
Richard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline MedlineRichard_smoker must mainline Medline
Points: 3,596, Level: 8 Points: 3,596, Level: 8 Points: 3,596, Level: 8
There are actually a couple of things that you need to clarify before you can acurately get the response that you are seeking...

First of all, YES--MDMA DOES have effects on the kidneys. It is an ADH (anti-diuretic hormone) agonist: therefore, it can actually cause people to OVER-hydrate and these are the only reported deaths (that I'm aware of--actually according to SWIM's friend who plans on experimenting with MDMA and end-of-life care.)

The most important question that is bothering me is this: Why do you only have one kidney? did you donate one to a relative? do you have renal failure/polycystic kidney disease, or what?

Also, how OLD you are is pretty important as well. That makes me think either congenital malformation (like horshoe kidney or something like that) vs. you donated a kidney to a relative... Very different things.

However, you must realize that you CAN NOT over-drink your water if you do, indeed, decide to try this drug. I know that this stands in the way of every suggestion i've ever seen to people in regard to taking MDMA, but in YOUR case, just a small amount of ADH coupled with too much water could cause you to actually DIE from the xtc.

BTW, ADH, desmopressin, and vasopressin are all the same thing. I just can't recall if xtc causes a release of ADH or if it just acts like ADH on the kidneys... This is a hot topic right now in medical advice and harm-reduction. especially if it's true that the only deaths were due to overhydration.
Old 16-05-2006, 09:42
Platinum Member

Male from Australia
nanobrain must live here.nanobrain must live here.nanobrain must live here.nanobrain must live here.nanobrain must live here.nanobrain must live here.nanobrain must live here.
Points: 1,136, Level: 5 Points: 1,136, Level: 5 Points: 1,136, Level: 5
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
there you go.

Share this on:

Tags
ecstasy, ecstasy effects, effects of ecstasy, mdma, mdma and hepatic function, mdma and kidneys, mdma and liver, mdma and renal function, mdma effects, mdma side effects

» New Threads
Can someones relationship ever be...
Last post by lookaslowpoke
8 Replies, 4,233 Views
Colic child
Last post by enhu
7 Replies, 85 Views
How much percocet and hydrocodone...
Last post by mer kaba
1 Replies, 5 Views
first sleeping cycle monitoring...
Last post by Cousin Merle