Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Ethnobotanicals > Caffeine & Coffee
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Caffeine & Coffee Caffeine, green tea, coffee, yerba mate, energy drinks.

Old 18-05-2012, 16:50
Silver Member

Male from United States
Alexanderos is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 83, Level: 1 Points: 83, Level: 1 Points: 83, Level: 1
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%
Extremely sensitive to caffeine?

Hey all,

Just one cup of coffee has me in a state that I imagine is like an illegal stimulant. (I have never tried an illegal stimulant). Basically, extreme euphoria and feelings of being on top of the world, et cetera.

Actually, I am generally highly sensitive to all types of drugs.

I also get awful stress, the jitters, et cetera from caffeine. It makes me terribly nervous.

Throughout my life I mostly avoided caffeine due to not wanting these intense effects.
Could this be why I am so sensitive to it, having left my tolerance level high?

Anyone else extremely sensitive to caffeine? It's a very powerful drug for me.

Alexanderos added 0 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

I should note, I either feel extremely euphoric or extremely overwhelmed by caffeine. Thanks!

Last edited by Alexanderos; 18-05-2012 at 16:50. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 18-05-2012, 18:53
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from Netherlands
Lodewijkp probably knows what they are talking about.Lodewijkp probably knows what they are talking about.Lodewijkp probably knows what they are talking about.Lodewijkp probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 387, Level: 3 Points: 387, Level: 3 Points: 387, Level: 3
Activity: 5.9% Activity: 5.9% Activity: 5.9%
Re: Extremely sensitive to caffeine?

High sensitive person...just like me... 3 grams of shroom and im going hard... i can get high of substances that most people do not feel like kitchen sage and that kind of stuff.

2 cups of tea and im experiencing euphoria, anxiety and visual disturbances...i used to be addicted to caffeine/ theanine...i used to drink 20 cups and in most cases more than 20 cups of tea daily. After i quitted almost 2 years ago i had a hard time looking back on life because for the past 12 years all of my descisions were based on caffeine. it enhanced my anxiety or emotions when i had problems in relationships and it made me more aggressive and impulsive.

most people underestimate caffeine like it's nothing... but if you take 1 gram each day and if you are sensitive to caffeine it changes reality it can fuck up your life like most meds. well avoiding caffeine is a good idea.. i take theanine right now to treat the problems i got from caffeine ( glutame etoxicity, adrenal fatigue)

they also wrote stuff about HSP... they are more sensitive to their enviroment, emotions , substances... they basically get stronger feedback from their nerves.
Old 18-05-2012, 19:10
Palladium Member

29 y/o Male from United States
Oxymorphone probably knows what they are talking about.Oxymorphone probably knows what they are talking about.Oxymorphone probably knows what they are talking about.Oxymorphone probably knows what they are talking about.Oxymorphone probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 709, Level: 4 Points: 709, Level: 4 Points: 709, Level: 4
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

While I experience no euphoria from caffeinated beverages I do experience a lot of the other effects with a 'single serving' ...which admittedly varies a lot depending on what you're drinking.

When I drink caffeine 1 of 2 things happen. The first being that my heart rate goes up a bit, I feel a bit of a tickle in my chest and arms and I get tremors. I feel fairly uncomfortable and edgy and not content with anything. I find myself restlessly pacing back and forth and fidgeting with anything I can lay my hands on.

The second thing is that this quickly turns from what I just described to a strong drowsiness. At times all I can think about doing is laying down to rest. I want to close my eyes and I even get a ...sensation or thought that it would just be 'easier' to not breathe. Of course that's stupid and I know it, and it's not like I am having trouble maintaining my breathing functions, I just .. feel like that. Sometimes both these effects seem to happen simultaneously, which is very odd.

And Lodewijkp, I really don't think you're that sensitive to caffeine if you're taking a gram per day. Just 1/4 of that would make me a jittery wreck.
Old 19-05-2012, 12:58
Silver Member

27 y/o Male from Netherlands
Lodewijkp probably knows what they are talking about.Lodewijkp probably knows what they are talking about.Lodewijkp probably knows what they are talking about.Lodewijkp probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 387, Level: 3 Points: 387, Level: 3 Points: 387, Level: 3
Activity: 5.9% Activity: 5.9% Activity: 5.9%

tolerance increases thus you have to take more and more... but that's mainly becuase of the theanine in tea - with coffee i don't have the same tolerance ( theanine and caffeine are similar in structure and have cross tolerance ). i didn't drink much coffee i didn't like the taste that much, i drank alot of tea... but again im also overly sensitive to theanine.

there is really a difference between tea and coffee , tea lower in caffeine will give me more jittery than coffee... coffee will only give me terrible headache and breathing problems. im sensitive to all substances but i also develop tolerance very rapidly.

main reason i stopped drinking caffeine is not only the psychological sensitivity - i get a rash from drinking caffeine which i do not like at all even one cup of coffee does give me weird skin rash.

Share this on: