Register Tags

Notices

Old 17-05-2012, 01:16
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Female from Earth
cheshire-cat is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 46, Level: 1 Points: 46, Level: 1 Points: 46, Level: 1
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Why does 10mg of oxycodone in Oxy have an effect, but not 10mg of oxycodone in Perc?

SWIM has taken oxycodone (10mg) and finds it to be very relaxing. The intention isn't to get high, but to enjoy the relaxed yet functional feeling. When SWIM takes 10mg oxy she feels relaxed and things that might bother her do not (she has a bit of an anxious personality; on oxy she doesn't think of these things and can push them away very easily if she does).

However, with two 5/325 Percs, SWIM does not feel nearly the same effect (degree of relaxation), despite Perc, as far as SWIM understands it, being immediate release. Is there a reason for this?

I should add the oxy is generic Canadian oxycodone as is the percocet. SWIM has noticed this on more than one occasion.
Old 17-05-2012, 01:45
..and your eyebrows

48 y/o Male from Germany
TheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,904, Level: 13 Points: 7,904, Level: 13 Points: 7,904, Level: 13
Activity: 35.5% Activity: 35.5% Activity: 35.5%
Re: Why does 10mg of oxycodone in Oxy have an effect, but not 10mg of oxycodone in Pe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshire-cat View Post
SWIM has taken oxycodone (10mg) and finds it to be very relaxing. The intention isn't to get high, but to enjoy the relaxed yet functional feeling.
And this is not getting high?
Honestly, who shall buy this?
You are rationalizing your drug misuse, which is a clear sign of psychological addiction. Just saying.

On topic:
I think the reason can't be that percs are immediate release, the oxy should be immediate release too, AFAIK, time-released oxy is called OxyContin (correct me someone if I am wrong, oxy is not very available in my cuntry.)

Did you do a CWE to the perc 5/325 or swallow them just like that?

TBBW
Old 17-05-2012, 02:11

Female from Earth
Re: Why does 10mg of oxycodone in Oxy have an effect, but not 10mg of oxycodone in Pe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigBadWolf View Post
And this is not getting high?
Honestly, who shall buy this?
You are rationalizing your drug misuse, which is a clear sign of psychological addiction. Just saying.

On topic:
I think the reason can't be that percs are immediate release, the oxy should be immediate release too, AFAIK, time-released oxy is called OxyContin (correct me someone if I am wrong, oxy is not very available in my cuntry.)

Did you do a CWE to the perc 5/325 or swallow them just like that?

TBBW
Sorry - SWIM is not addicted. She doesn't have enough access to this stuff to take it more than sporadically. I do appreciate the concern though. By "not looking to get high", I more meant I am looking to still be functional (perhaps I am using the stereotypical image of "high").

I don't do a CWE, I just swallow them. I think the oxy I was taking WAS generic oxycontin; I just thought oxy was the short form for oxycontin. (Clearly I am inexperienced with this stuff.)

Thanks for responding.

cheshire-cat added 1 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

Quote:
Sorry - SWIM is not addicted. She doesn't have enough access to this stuff to take it more than sporadically. I do appreciate the concern though. By "not looking to get high", I more meant I am looking to still be functional (perhaps I am using the stereotypical image of "high").

I don't do a CWE, I just swallow them. I think the oxy I was taking WAS generic oxycontin; I just thought oxy was the short form for oxycontin. (Clearly I am inexperienced with this stuff.)

Thanks for responding.
I guess regardless of whether the oxycodone sans APAPs was extended release or not, I'm just confused about why I don't get nearly the same sense of relaxation from generic percocet.

Last edited by cheshire-cat; 17-05-2012 at 02:11. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 17-05-2012, 02:33
abuseforapie abuseforapie is nu online
Titanium Member

Male from Morocco
abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.abuseforapie really adds to the discussion.
Points: 975, Level: 4 Points: 975, Level: 4 Points: 975, Level: 4
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%

Probably built up a tolerance. The first few times you take any opiate you're gonna feel really really good, but your body will just naturally adapt to such a small dose. Even if you took like a month off, 10mg wouldn't make you feel much. Oxycodone is oxycodone, and percs are immediate release, so you should feel pretty much the same either way. If anything, if the generic OCs are time release, the percs should even get you "higher". Just a thought.
Old 17-05-2012, 02:43

Female from Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuseforapie View Post
Probably built up a tolerance. The first few times you take any opiate you're gonna feel really really good, but your body will just naturally adapt to such a small dose. Even if you took like a month off, 10mg wouldn't make you feel much. Oxycodone is oxycodone, and percs are immediate release, so you should feel pretty much the same either way. If anything, if the generic OCs are time release, the percs should even get you "higher". Just a thought.
Hmm. The last time SWIM took oxy was in December; that was the third time she'd taken it. The last and first Percs were in March. Could tolerance still be there between December and March?

cheshire-cat added 1 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

Quote:
Hmm. The last time SWIM took oxy was in December; that was the third time she'd taken it. The last and first Percs were in March. Could tolerance still be there between December and March?
One interesting thing is SWIM's ex boyfriend, whom she took the oxy with in December, is over 100lbs heavier and he says he DOES feel the Percs more than the oxycodone. Not sure whats up with my physiology. lol.

Last edited by cheshire-cat; 17-05-2012 at 02:43. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 17-05-2012, 03:29
..and your eyebrows

48 y/o Male from Germany
TheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,904, Level: 13 Points: 7,904, Level: 13 Points: 7,904, Level: 13
Activity: 35.5% Activity: 35.5% Activity: 35.5%

When you took the last in december and next in march I believe tolerance can't be the issue, I mean, taking a two days break during my active heroin addiction made my needed dose half as big. No, three months of tolerance in a short-acting opiate is unrealistic.
Your friend weighs more and gets more buzz...

Seemingly you had an issue in absorbing the oxy. Did you take them after a meal? Any issues in the intestinies?
Even "having a bad day " can reduce the perceivable effects of opiates very much. Like feeling general unwell, having hormonal variabilities, something like that..

To addiction:
Irregular or low-dose use says nothing about how much you are psychologically addicted.
I do not talk about physical addiction like in having withdrawal syndrome. Don't mix these two up. they are completely different things. Take this from someone who has been there.

And getting high begins when you feel different from ingesting a substance, I didn't talk about nodding off, lying on the sofa, drooling...

Take care
TBBW
Old 18-05-2012, 21:03

Female from Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigBadWolf View Post
When you took the last in december and next in march I believe tolerance can't be the issue, I mean, taking a two days break during my active heroin addiction made my needed dose half as big. No, three months of tolerance in a short-acting opiate is unrealistic.
Your friend weighs more and gets more buzz...

Seemingly you had an issue in absorbing the oxy. Did you take them after a meal? Any issues in the intestinies?
Even "having a bad day " can reduce the perceivable effects of opiates very much. Like feeling general unwell, having hormonal variabilities, something like that..

To addiction:
Irregular or low-dose use says nothing about how much you are psychologically addicted.
I do not talk about physical addiction like in having withdrawal syndrome. Don't mix these two up. they are completely different things. Take this from someone who has been there.

And getting high begins when you feel different from ingesting a substance, I didn't talk about nodding off, lying on the sofa, drooling...

Take care
TBBW
TBBW, thank you! No intestinal issues but I never thought of the reduction of perceived effects. When my balinese cat takes one, it does tend to be after a stressful day or when anxious, so that probably changes things. The hormones are a definite possibility too.

Thanks for clarifying about addiction. I sincerely appreciate the concern, and know that opiates are highly addictive. So I do appreciate this. May I ask what would suggest psychological addiction? I never really thought of it as an issue as I don't get cravings (non-physical) nor do I have a real source, so my access is highly limited, but it's always good to be educated about these things. (Or if you have a link I'd appreciate it too.) Thank you. Are you fully recovered from your own addiction? (Personal Q; no need to answer.)

Share this on:

Tags
oxycodone

» New Threads
Which Light Bulb Wastes Less Meth?
Last post by 30dy
7 Replies, 4,686 Views
change for opiate withdrawal from...
Last post by polio vaccine
3 Replies, 48 Views
Current Kratom Regimen to Kick...
Last post by Quittingthesubs