Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Opium & Poppy
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 15-05-2012, 15:25
Silver Member

21 y/o Male from USA - Maryland
Dankitydankness is a decent psychonaut.Dankitydankness is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 604, Level: 3 Points: 604, Level: 3 Points: 604, Level: 3
Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5%
How does opium compare to heroin? addiction, affects, etc...

So I having been really interested in heroin lately. I have wanted to try it but I know it wouldn't be a good idea cuz its one of the most addicting drugs.

But how bad is opium compared to heroin. I know heroin comes from opium, but opium is less severe. How addictive is it? Is this a drug someone could use once a week and not get hooked on? How much more addicting and dangerous is heroin. (long-term effects, short-term effects, and ODing)

I would still be smoking weed and drinking and doing mdma occasionally so I would get other mind altering pleasures. So I doubt I could become too interested in opium considering I like all these other drugs as well.

Would you say in general that an opium habit is a controllable habit? More than others?

Are there any other opiates that are less severe that are controllable?

When I read up on heroin, people say the first high is so incredible like the best thing ever which is why so many people dont give a fuck and keep going back. does opium do that?

And what exactly is the high off opium like?

Dankitydankness added 561 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

anyone???

Last edited by Dankitydankness; 15-05-2012 at 15:25. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 15-05-2012, 16:16
TheBigBadWolf TheBigBadWolf is nu online
Anti Matter Member

49 y/o Male from Germany
TheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 9,107, Level: 13 Points: 9,107, Level: 13 Points: 9,107, Level: 13
Activity: 49.3% Activity: 49.3% Activity: 49.3%
Dankity,
Please don't make posts on questions that are already answered ad nauseam. Learn to use the forums search engine. Read the FAQ and the rules.

If you wanted experience reports you shoulda been clearer.

TBBW
Old 15-05-2012, 22:39
Silver Member

Re: How does opium compare to heroin? addiction, affects, etc...

idk i didnnt find any threads that show a good comparison of opium to heroin. im not just looking for experience reports. I wanna know the differences between heroin and opium. ranging from addiction potential to affects and everything. I used the search engine and didnt find that
Old 16-05-2012, 00:18
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from Canada
Ontario is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 205, Level: 2 Points: 205, Level: 2 Points: 205, Level: 2
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%

I am sure you could find this if you try but oh well. I need to explain the diffrence in them, obtaining them, addiction etc. I know for a fact some of this very D.E.A report is on here.

This may be wrong, but to my understanding is correct. Would not know because I have never produced drugs, this is from books.

Opium is the raw product from the poppy. It is cut and the latex drains to the center rather then the surface where its collected. It is then cooked.

You extract morphine from opium among other opiate alkaloids including thebaine and codeine. In order for heroin to be extracted the producers must first extract the morphine.

Here is an apparent typical morphine extraction in Asia.

An empty 55-gallon oil drum is placed on bricks about a foot above the ground and a fire is built under the drum. Thirty gallons of water are added to the drum and brought to a boil. Ten to 15 kilograms of raw opium are added to the boiling water.

Slaked lime (calcium hydroxide) or, more often, a readily available chemical fertilizer with a high content of lime, is added to the solution. Lime will convert water- insoluble morphine alkaloid into water-soluble calcium morphenate. (Other opium alkaloids do not react with lime to form water-soluble calcium salts, as does morphine.) Codeine is an opium alkaloid that is slightly water-soluble and some codeine will be carried over with the calcium morphenate in the liquid.

Ammonium chloride (a powder) is added to the heated calcium morphenate solution to adjust the alkalinity to a pH of 8 to 9, and the solution is then allowed to cool. Within 1 or 2 hours, morphine base precipitates (“crashes”) out of the solution and settles to the bottom of the cooking pot.

The solution is then poured off through cloth filters. Any solid morphine base chunks in the solution will remain on the cloth. The morphine base is removed from both the cooking pot and from the filter cloths, wrapped and squeezed in cloth, and then dried in the sun

Heres the way to get heroin from morphine

Heroin synthesis from morphine (either morphine base or morphine hydrochloride) is a two-step process that requires between 4 and 6 hours to complete. Heroin base is the intermediate product. Typically, morphine hydrochloride bricks are pulverized and the dried powder is then placed in an enamel pot. Acetic anhydride is added, which then reacts with the morphine to form heroin acetate. (This acetylation process will work either with morphine hydrochloride or morphine base.) The pot lid is tied or clamped on, using a damp towel for a gasket. The pot is carefully heated for about 2 hours, below boiling, at a constant temperature of 85° Celsius (185° Fahrenheit). It is never allowed to boil or to become so hot as to vent fumes into the room. The mixture is agitated by tilting and rotation until all of the morphine has dissolved. When cooking is completed, the pot is cooled and opened. During this step, morphine and the anhydride become chemically bonded, creating an impure form of diacetylmorphine (heroin).

Water is added to the thick, soupy mixture and the mixture is stirred as the heroin dissolves in the solution. Sodium carbonate (a crystalline powder) is dissolved in hot water and then added slowly to the heroin solution until effervescence stops. This precipitates heroin base, which is then filtered and dried by heating in a steam bath. For each kilogram of morphine, 685 grams to 937 grams of crude heroin base is formed, depending on the quanity of morphine.

The tan-colored heroin base (about 70 percent pure heroin) may be dried, packed, and transported to a heroin-refining laboratory, or it may be purified further before conversion to heroin hydrochloride (a water-soluble salt form of heroin) at the same site.

And lastly geting heroin #3 from heroin base (which is above)

To make heroin no. 3, the crude base is mixed with hydrochloric acid, resulting in heroin hydrochloride (HCl). Adulterants, including caffeine, are added after this conversion. Various “flavorings” such as quinine hydrochloride or strychnine hydrochloride are sometimes added to heroin no. 3. Next, the wet paste mix is stirred to dryness over a steam bath.

The resulting dry heroin no. 3 will be in the form of coarse lumps. The lumps are crushed and passed through a mesh sieve, and the grains (pieces) are then packaged for sale.

Ok, so now you know the diffrence between opium and heroin right, which you wanted.

Here is how they compare in my opion.

Strength (this is not opion):
Opium is the weakest of them, morphine is stronger and pure heroin is stronger still then pure morphine.

Duration in my experiance:
Opium smoked: 2-4 hours
Morphine orally taken 3-5 hours
Heroin smoked: 3-7 hours

Addiction:
They are all addicting drugs. Heroin is the most, morphine second and opium third. Doesnt mean opium is safe non-addictive to use daily etc, in my opion.

Diffrence between them IMO:
Opium will never compare to good quality, close to pure heroin. Morphine just doesnt messure up to heroin either and codeine is nothing to them unless its a liquid form and even then.

Heroin is most commonly injected, then smoked then snorted. Diffrent forms you do diffrent things with. Opium is most commonly smoked, morphine is usually taken orally but can be injected or smoked I assume like an Oxy though I never tried.

Heroin is easiest to get addicted to, injection is a dangerous R.O.A.

The effects are similar in most opiates just to a varying degree, heroin is more euphoric then any other opiate I have tried in my opion only though.

I would say the best opiate out of heroin/codeine/morphine is heroin, but it is the most common opiate that people get addicted to other then maybe painkillers.

Heroin is not a drug to be taken lightly, and if you are trying it for the first time you should read up on the drug.
Old 16-05-2012, 00:58
Silver Member

yea ive been reading up alot on heroin. i wanna do it but i dont think i will cuz of the addictive potential. and also i dont have a connect for it. but if i could get some opium then i would do that.

or morphine.

so from my understanding, morphine is the #2 opiate to heroin. then opium is next?

how often do you think u could use opium or morphine w/o getting addicted?
Old 16-05-2012, 01:39
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from Canada
Ontario is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 205, Level: 2 Points: 205, Level: 2 Points: 205, Level: 2
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dankitydankness View Post
yea ive been reading up alot on heroin. i wanna do it but i dont think i will cuz of the addictive potential. and also i dont have a connect for it. but if i could get some opium then i would do that.

or morphine.

so from my understanding, morphine is the #2 opiate to heroin. then opium is next?

how often do you think u could use opium or morphine w/o getting addicted?
No, opium is refiend into morphine then heroin is syenthesised (sp) from it.

There are more powerful opiates then heroin, fentenayl for example kills people who think its H a few times.

Theres probally other ones I am leaveing out. Euphoria wise, heroin takes the cake in my books followed by morphine then opium out of those three.

I find Oxycodone much more euphoric then morphine even hydrocodone. I had a shot of oxymorphone the other night, first shot I have done in forever. More euphoric then h, but I dont inject...just wanted to try.

My point is here, you may find opium the most euphoric although I doubt it.

Everyones diffrent.
Old 16-05-2012, 02:11
Silver Member

hmm imma hafta ask my dude what he gets when i get back from school. he doesnt sell opiates but im sure he knows someone or can hook me up.

but i doubt hes gonna have opium. prolly some percs or something.
Old 16-05-2012, 03:33
Silver Member

31 y/o Male from United Kingdom
hookedonem is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 81, Level: 1 Points: 81, Level: 1 Points: 81, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

Don`t bother mate, honestly. Forget about it.
Mark my words, it will destroy your life. Trust me, don`t even go there.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Trust these words!
Old 16-05-2012, 03:57
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedonem View Post
Don`t bother mate, honestly. Forget about it.
Mark my words, it will destroy your life. Trust me, don`t even go there.
are you talking heroin? or all opiates?
Old 22-05-2012, 03:00
Silver Member

33 y/o Male from United States
Mr Gregoire is an unknown quantity at this point

opium is the safest opiate if you use it orally and don't alter its chemicals.

the slower the route of admin, and the more natural the substance, the less risk of getting addicted so take raw opium orally in small amounts and it will be less addictive than heroin.

you can and just might get addicted to it still.

try kratom.

Last edited by Mr Gregoire; 22-05-2012 at 03:04. Reason: spelling correction
Old 22-05-2012, 20:42
Silver Member

Male from Portugal
Baba Blacksheep is on the way upBaba Blacksheep is on the way upBaba Blacksheep is on the way up
Points: 439, Level: 3 Points: 439, Level: 3 Points: 439, Level: 3
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

The old saying when travelling around India in the late 80's was seven days of opium use will bring on addictive side effects of a physical and psychological nature and with heroin its only three days.
I think this is probably correct to start with.
The more often you do it however the grip gets a better hold of you and the habit becomes more and more difficult to break.
Old 17-01-2014, 15:12

24 y/o Male from United Kingdom
leewilburn90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

A word from the wise just dont bother its good a beggining but that comes at a price. addiction is just an avarage 10 year fuking binge its just not worth it you can justfy it all you want just dont do it please. But if u insist do it safely harm reduction is he word.

Share this on: