Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > SOCIAL FORUMS > Social Forums > Drug culture > Multimedia
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Multimedia Discussion of music and video files in the file archive.

Old 15-05-2012, 02:22
hookedonhelping hookedonhelping is nu online
Reactive Member

Male from Earth
hookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,348, Level: 8 Points: 3,348, Level: 8 Points: 3,348, Level: 8
Activity: 13.1% Activity: 13.1% Activity: 13.1%
The Most Terrifying Drug In The World! Scopolamine.

The following link is to a little documentary on Scopolamine and it's production, I found it interesting and worthy of a share =)

disclaimer It is a bit graphic, so I would say it borders NSFW, but I will let a mod decide that and move it accordingly. Maybe this should be added to the list of drugs that should never be legalized..

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/video...1RfM2vlJ3fx7Tb

Description:

"You've never heard of scopolamine. It's synthesized from plants, like cocaine. It even looks exactly like cocaine. But unlike coke, it'll turn you into an insane zombie and probably kill you. There's a reason they call it "the Devil's Breath." It's hard to even call scopolamine a drug, in the usual sense of the word—nobody is going to pass it around at a party or buy it at a club. But criminals will use it to steal all of your worldly possessions, Nazis used it for interrogations, the CIA tested it as truth serum, and indigenous Colombian royalty would have their families coerced into being buried alive under the influence of the stuff. VICE sent a crew down to the jungle to investigate, and turned up some pretty brain curdling stories. Sadly, when they actually do get their hands on the stuff, they chicken out and flush it down the toilet at the end, like a scene from Cops. Though by that point, it's hard to blame them."

Last edited by hookedonhelping; 15-05-2012 at 02:47. Reason: more thoughts..
Old 15-05-2012, 03:01
Silver Member

Male from United States
MiterSaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 107, Level: 1 Points: 107, Level: 1 Points: 107, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: The Most Terrifying Drug In The World! Scopolamine.

Crazy. After looking it appears to be part of the nightshade family of plants. Sounds like a WAY (way) more extreme version of what benadryl does.
Old 15-05-2012, 03:37
Titanium Member

Female from United States
hypernihl is on the way uphypernihl is on the way uphypernihl is on the way up
Points: 409, Level: 3 Points: 409, Level: 3 Points: 409, Level: 3
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%

This is an old VICE doc, it seems have become popular recently from a Gizmodo post.

Quote:
It's synthesized from plants, like cocaine. It even looks exactly like cocaine.
This is completely false!
Old 15-05-2012, 03:47
Reactive Member

Male from Earth
hookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAChookedonhelping must think in IUPAC

Can you elaborate? Have you or a friend tried this before? If so can you confirm the effects as portrayed in the video to be accurate?
Old 15-05-2012, 03:51
Silver Member

Male from Earth
reef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way upreef88 is on the way up
Points: 1,591, Level: 6 Points: 1,591, Level: 6 Points: 1,591, Level: 6
Activity: 20.5% Activity: 20.5% Activity: 20.5%

It's common where I live. My cousin got it and he was with his girlfriend thank god, she noticed he was drugged and took him to the ER. Somebody was surely after his belongings. He said the only contact he had with a person was when one of them handed him a flyer at a mall. He never drank anything.
Old 15-05-2012, 03:54
Titanium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedonhelping View Post
Can you elaborate? Have you or a friend tried this before? If so can you confirm the effects as portrayed in the video to be accurate?
My post said nothing about the effects of Scopolomine. I was simple making the point that this is an old VICE magazine doc. and the plant that Scopolamine comes from is in no way related to the plant Cocaine comes from.

I have no doubt that the effects of Scopolamine portrayed in the video are accurate.
Old 15-05-2012, 04:01
Reactive Member

Male from Earth

Quote:
I was simple making the point that this is an old VICE magazine doc. and the plant that Scopolamine comes from is in no way related to the plant Cocaine comes from.
Im not sure it ever said it was "related" to cocaine. It IS in fact extracted in a similar fashion, "like cocaine". As the text you quoted explains.
Old 15-05-2012, 04:08
Titanium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedonhelping View Post
Im not sure it ever said it was "related" to cocaine. It IS in fact extracted in a similar fashion, "like cocaine". As the text you quoted explains.
May be it's worded poorly, but the following is misleading to me.

Quote:
It's synthesized from plants, like cocaine.
I don't get that it is extracted in a similar manner as Cocaine in this statement. It sounds like they are saying it's "made" from plants like Cocaine, and some how related to Cocaine.

Any ways, it's a good doc. I didn't mean to get of topic like this.
Old 15-05-2012, 04:32
Reactive Member

Male from Earth

Ah, I see how you misinterpreted it..

It is a very good article.. the part about the guy explaining that he tripped for 17 days on it.. very bizarre, and his friend who is permanently screwed up by it.. wow. I have heard of Datura, and seen scopolamine referenced before, but never had the misfortune of trying it. I have zero interest after seeing this documentary, but do find the history of Datura very interesting, ie witches and the like.
Old 15-05-2012, 12:08
Palladium Member

34 y/o Male from United States
rawbeer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumrawbeer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumrawbeer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumrawbeer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumrawbeer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumrawbeer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumrawbeer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumrawbeer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumrawbeer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumrawbeer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumrawbeer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 3,431, Level: 8 Points: 3,431, Level: 8 Points: 3,431, Level: 8
Activity: 4.0% Activity: 4.0% Activity: 4.0%

Actually cocaine and scopolamine are both tropane alkaloids. I agree that the way it's phrased is misleading but there's some truth to the comparison.
Old 15-05-2012, 15:57
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from USA - Arizona
baba_yaga is a decent psychonaut.baba_yaga is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 391, Level: 3 Points: 391, Level: 3 Points: 391, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

I know some people who used this for magical purposes... It sounded insane. I guess it is one of those things that would make for good stories later though even though it's not "fun" in any way.
Old 15-05-2012, 19:00
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.Ellisdeee must live here.
Points: 975, Level: 4 Points: 975, Level: 4 Points: 975, Level: 4
Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9%

The phrase is not mis-leading at all. That is 100% perfect grammar of how you would express that notion. In no way, read with proper grammar rules, does that sentence implicate anything close to the substance being related to cocaine, merely the concept that production comes from a plant and the appearance of a white powder is close to cocaine look. /grammar nazi off. I'm horrible at grammar, I don't mean anything nasty by it, just saying =)

Also, I am not sure why there is so much discussion about what it is unless you didn't watch the video. It is Datura. It is just Datura taken through a man made process to produce it into a powder. The guy in the video mentions "It's scientific name is Datura".

In the video they mention (that I recall off hand):

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/scop...polamine.shtml
http://www.erowid.org/plants/datura/datura.shtml
http://www.erowid.org/plants/brugman...ugmansia.shtml

Blip from Erowid under Scopolamine - Scopolamine is a naturally occurring deliriant found in many solanaceous plants such as datura and belladonna.

Scopolamine does not have a genus, species etc - it is the chemical they extract from Datura/containing plants. This is a partial guess from me but, in the video, they mostly mention the 'tree' it comes from. That would hold a different name than the plants that grow on the tree. May be why you hear the word Datura less. Everything mentioned of course botanically belongs to the family Solanaceae. They are dealing with the same ballpark anyway it works.

I imagine this stuff is so insane because they extract it into a powder, as shown in the video. As if eating a plant itself may not be strong enough. Who knows what sort of doses are getting delivered in powder. As also mentioned in the video, many heart attacks are reported. Which sounds like a normal overdose of Datura. Which because of it being a pure powder sounds like an easier result to have. They claim even the scent of the pure powder is enough to induce alteration. That 21 year old girl testified that she used methods that merely involved the other person smelling it. Although I don't understand how you intoxicate someone by making them smell something, from your own nose, and not intoxicate yourself. That part was a little Houdini sounding to me. Must take a pro, sounds like that could go wrong easily. Another bit on the heart attacks, I read one Datura story off erowid of someone who was ~24/25 who said when they first blacked out, then later blacked out and woke up in a hospital was told he suffered a mini heart attack and then a larger one. So there is definitely potential for this drug to give even a young person a straight up heart attack (not going to search all the Erowid trip reports to find it for now). Drug abuse or not, you in general just don't hear much about people under 30 having heart attacks. Again with the pure powder form, the fragile line between just enough and death sounds about just right that they describe in the video.

I was a bit amazed at, apparently, how consistent they make out the coercion part to be. Although, being someone who overdosed on 1000mg of Diph (I think Datura, from my readings, is way more hardcore than Diph) I can kind of see where that may come from. Although I did deny telling anyone I took drugs for a while, I did actually confess what I took. I remember even doing something weird like pulling out some personal written things and showing them to someone to make a point. Just bits of consciousness I remember. Who knows what I did blacked out - still many hours of conscious action I will never know. Sounds like these people.

There is one strong distinction I did pick out from these stories of this drug and what I recall from intense delirium from Diphenhydramine. Actually, one that even stands out to me a bit from what I read of Datura trips. A lot of the stories suggest they occurred because they appeared completely normal and followed what the others told them to do. When I was on 1000mg of Diph I could hardly walk through my own house without bumping into things, I'd be a terrible give away. Although the accuracy to perform tasks I believe as I know my black-out caused me to take more pills. Swallowing 8 gel cap pills is not something you do on accident. I was able to pull things out of hiding places, show people particular pages among several that I was referring to. But Diphenhydramine is perhaps a bad example for comparing say, motor function, as it's often used as a sleep aid in the first place. I wouldn't expect someone to walk well on a high dose of it. Perhaps this stuff is different.

Despite the mind fuck you can actually be quite articulate as the video said. But it also mentioned the problem they had with it being a truth serum was the hallucinations. Maybe they only aired the stories that included the least interference of hallucinations. That was my main trouble understanding. With deliriants being so unpredictable I find it interesting they make it out to be a drug people are so calm under the influence of. The potential for irrational hallucinations and 100% belief of them makes it seem harder than the video makes it out to be, to control someone under the influence of them. Especially if they are blacked out. But alas, I am no pro on the Datura family of stuff and never even been witness to someone on it. Opposed to Diph though, it seems like it doesn't come with the over sedation to the point of being unable to walk straight if these people really went unnoticed.

Pretty wild though. I have a feeling the video only showed good interviews though. It seems to perfect that this drug could have such a great success rate of producing a calm person who will follow your orders. Intense delirium isn't known for being the most calm of experiences. Unless there is something I am very unaware of that is unique to the extraction process of the chemical they produce. Does just the Scopolamine on it's own work differently than consuming just the plant or making teas out of the entire plant. They seemed very precise about how they make it. Is Scopolamine just one culprit among many in Datura plants that cause their results and Scopolamine is just a certain one that caters more to what they want? Perhaps they did single out just the right one to make all the criminal activity much easier to do with less chance of the psychotic reactions.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Great breakdown of the video! Cotton balls are used in the attackers nose as said by the girl in the video.
Old 15-05-2012, 19:19
Anti Matter Member

49 y/o Male from Germany
TheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 9,192, Level: 14 Points: 9,192, Level: 14 Points: 9,192, Level: 14
Activity: 50.7% Activity: 50.7% Activity: 50.7%

To add a bit about Datura/Scopolamine trips please read

this post of mine.

This was LOW dose!

TBBW

Thank you for this, very wise words TBBW.
Old 20-05-2012, 13:14

Karakuri is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

Wow, that was very interesting. I'm glad I heard about this because I feel like I could've easily been tricked if I had ever been somewhere where they use this. Many other websites seem to think this kind of thing is making mountains out of mounds and exploiting the urban legends about Scopolamine. I don't however, think these are tall-tales at all...More theatrical definitely. What confused me about this was that one person said she was given a low dose and could remember everything, she remembered not having any free will. Thats a bit odd how at a certain dose you do remember but amnesia occurs with regular to high doses. I wonder if that's true...I don't know what's scarier being awake without control or opposition or waking up on a park bench hearing about it. Whatever the case this was very informative. Thanks for sharing!
Old 11-01-2014, 14:59
Banned

Male from United Kingdom
Magic Wizard 2013 needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

I literally tried Scopolamine about 2 nights ago, I took these motion sickness tablets called Joy Rides or something that my mum got in the airport and took like 2-3 of them, i then read the packet and realized it said Scopolamine & was like :O Fuckkkkk! granted though i think for motion sickness it was a very low dose, and read that the hallucinogenic properties don't kick in until you raise the dose. i'm really surprised that these can actually be used to trick people into doing things or be used as a truth serum, because it like acts on M1 receptors, i was under the impression that any kind of truth serum would at the very least, be targeting the GABA-A receptors, you know like Benzos and Barbs do! that's a much better way of getting people to spill their guts over something!
Old 11-01-2014, 15:04
Silver Member

Male from USA - Georgia
bongboy is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 204, Level: 2 Points: 204, Level: 2 Points: 204, Level: 2
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Ever heard of Krokodil? Russian drug that either meth or heroin addicts use for a cheaper high, I can't recall. Either way, it's called 'Krokodil' because it makes the users skin rot and grow scales like a crocodile. Most users don't see past 2 years life. If synthesized incorrectly, it is very very easy to kill. I don't advise you watch videos about it, the gore involved is SO disgusting it's not even worth fulfulling the curiosity, and the images of chronic users will haunt you for a long time. Trust me.

off topic
Old 11-01-2014, 16:31
Banned

Male from United Kingdom
Magic Wizard 2013 needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

Yeah if you google some images of that crokodile drug or whatever it's scary like looking at the people!
Wouldn't touch the stuff if i was payed a billion quid, it's just not worth it, it's disgusting!
Old 11-01-2014, 16:42
Silver Member

43 y/o Female from United States
MissAtomicBomb is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1
Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5% Activity: 2.5%

Interesting! I was prescribed Scopolamine patches to control nausea after surgery last year, "programmed to deliver approximately 1.0 mg over 3 days". He told me to apply one patch on the day of surgery and wear it for 3 days, but when I picked up the prescription there were 4 patches in it. So, I still have some but was afraid to try them for any kind of recreational use, as I had seen a video similar to this one before. I have a foggy memory of the first few days, but also was taking Opiates and Phenergan so it's hard to say if the patch had any amnesic affect at that dose.

Belladonna is used in prescription medications sometimes as well. I've had Belladonna and Opium suppositories in the past but the dose was low and I felt little effects.

I have experienced unusual behavior at times while on Ambien which I don't remember at all, and that made me kind of uneasy...knowing I did things and have conversations but having literally no memory of it. Fortunately, I was in a controlled environment at the time.
Old 10-04-2014, 04:30
Silver Member

Male from United States
Appeal to Novelty is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%

I've used Datura as a natural sleep remedy for years.
Not sure why people blow everything out of proportion.

I'm guessing if you ate 75 pot brownies you'd also have "The Most Terrifying Drug In The World!!!!"

you really need more details and support to make statments like this. You could easily put together a few paragraphs of interesting material on a subject like this
Old 10-04-2014, 05:00
Anti Matter Member

49 y/o Male from Germany
TheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appeal to Novelty View Post
I've used Datura as a natural sleep remedy for years.
Not sure why people blow everything out of proportion.

I'm guessing if you ate 75 pot brownies you'd also have "The Most Terrifying Drug In The World!!!!"
Blowing out of proportion is what YOU are doing comparing a stuff thats deadly in milligram range with a substance of which no lethal doses are known. 75 pot brownies, come on...

That you have used Datura as a 'natural sleep remedy' doesnt mean that you didnt have any bad effects on you from it.
Well, in my view, whoever tries to use this stuff to anything else than watching the pretty flowers is beyond any possible damages.

In any way I won't let your claim to have used it stand there without pointing any reader to the possibility of fatal outcome, depending on which part of which plant in which dosage they take.
And fatality is only one of the less bad outcomes- one might be caught on a bad trip for lifetime, if this is preferrable to lethal is anyone's own decision.

Datura has no recreational value that couldnt be achieved with similar substances that are far less carrying the risk of lethal overdosing in them.
IF and only IF someone feels being completely out of their head and hallucinating persons and entities that are not there as 'recreational'.

Tried it. Been there. Done that. Dont wanna go there anymore.

- And I loved heavy psycho stuff like LSD and Mescaline.

Just saying..

BBW
Old 10-04-2014, 23:05
Silver Member

Male from United States

What I'm doing is relating real life experience. Taking very small amounts won't kill you.
What you seem to be doing is swallowing the kool-aide for something you've never tried.

hrug:

Appeal to Novelty added 4 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

My mistake, I see you've used it. Sorry about that. :S
Well, I guess what I'm saying is, my experience was different than yours.
Imagine that. What I'm not saying is hyperbolic absolutes like it has no value.

Just trying to add a little reason to the wagon of 'oh-my-god-this-stuff-is-evil' seen here.

Appeal to Novelty added 1 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

Also, I don't think its 'the most terrifying drug in the world.' Not trying to be argumentative ... but.
That's more sensationalist hyperbole. I can think of a dozen offhand that are far more terrifying.

Last edited by Appeal to Novelty; 10-04-2014 at 23:05. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-04-2014, 07:45
Anti Matter Member

49 y/o Male from Germany

Hm, yeh.
There possibly are more terrifying drugs.

What I guess is that we see this from two all different sides.

The Original Poster gave an experience report (from his friend) and I see that posts that say there,there, come on it isnt really *that* bad of no use on this thread.
The title was used because the OP's friend had his most terrifying experience.

And this is an absolute and not to be discussed. Your low dose experiences sure have their place to be stated, if you'd try to put up a post/thread on this I would be more than happy.

Its just impolite in my eyes to higjack this thread for the discussion of an all different topic, the use of datura in extremely low doses as a sleep aid.
I think there could come quite a discussion from it, as I have seen it mentioned in this connection some times but could not find anything that 'really' touched the topic deeply.

Don't get me wrong, I value your input and do not say it's reckless to do so.
What my point is is to show people on search of a recreational drug that is gonna make them trip balls/haklucinate that for their purposes there are much safer alternatives than highly toxical solanaceae alkaloids.

Sleep aid is what I d call medicinal.use. whereas digitoxin is as toxic but nobody would eat digitalis flowers for their heart..

BBW
Old 11-04-2014, 10:01
Silver Member

Male from United States

I can't use higher thinking right now (tired) but just wanted to say I don't think the plants want you to get your organs harvested.

So, that's a relief. They're not nefariously scheming to blow whatever pinch of snuff in your general direction...and, *shazam* instantly, you're a zombie! Thoroughly without a will of your own. Sucks, huh?

My small jaunt through these waters leads me to believe you'd need some seriously condensed stuff, and a at least slightly willing victim. At no time did I black out or feel like a zombie. I was in complete control of my mind and body. If I dried 3 or 4 petals of the flower and made a tea, with few ill effects, not sure a grain or two will instantly lobotomize someone. Or be deserving of 'The Most Terrifying Whatever of the Week' status.

But, the whole goofy set-up, the sensationalist quasi-anti-drug propaganda and spooky background sounds of the documentary (which I really despise in all documentaries) had me reaching for the 'remote' not even half way through. Seen enough Vice Documentaries. "Oh! So hardcore! So cutting edge!" Even if everything they say is true, the tone seems decidedly B-Grade Horror Movie. Designed to thrill and strike fear into your heart.

Overall, with responsible drug use, with Set and Setting (which includes not taking rides with shady characters whilst tripping in a foreign land, or even at home), with researching your materials before exploration, having some self awareness, start very, very low doses... with a guide. Etc. I'm not sure Scopolamine is any more 'dangerous' than alcohol. Which definitely blacks you out and yet keeps you on your feet. And energetic. And dumb. And has led to far worse and far more horrific experiences and deaths.

But it's alcohol. And we all know about how crummy that is already.
We want the NEW thing to be scared of / demonize. Right? Appeal to Novelty.

Again, the drug is terrifying? "The Most Terrifying Drug in the World?" = Hyperbole.
If some friend said it, then it should be i quotes in the title? Maybe. Can't believe I wasted time typing all this gibberish. I was finally feeling tired...now? Fuuck.

Anyways, I've heard so much poo flung at outlawed and soon to be substances to last me a lifetime.
Unless it's couched in a scietific seeming report or clear cut presentation, I'm not interested.

Peace! Carry on...good people. Got any music to sleep to. PM me plz.

wild associations are making this incomprehensible. off topic. if you dont have anything useful to add to the thread please dont post. enjoying reading your own writing is not enough.

Share this on:

Tags
scolopamine, scopolamine