Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Downers and sleeping pills Anxiety Meds, Sleeping Pills and Skeletal Muscle Relaxants

Old 11-05-2012, 16:31
Silver Member

Female from Earth
diamonda is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 45, Level: 1 Points: 45, Level: 1 Points: 45, Level: 1
Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9%
doxylamine succinate (diphenhydramine) dissolved in water

Hi all,

AFOAF has severe insomnia, and is keen to try doxymaline dissolved in water. She was going to try this
http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=163163 as you can see from my post about her, but the concerns raised in that thread remain: 1) caffeine is a stimulant 2) even green tea often has caffeine in it 3) regardless of caffeine of not, diuretics like tea/coffee go right through her, as they do many people, so if she were to drink this tea at say 11pm, finish it by 11.15pm and feel sleepy by 11.30pm, she would have to get up to go to the toilet at midnight, awakening her body at it's peak time of falling into sleep and thus destroying the point of the drug, as she would then be 'awake' and unable to 're-find' the sedation (even though it would obviously still be present in her system, and highly active at that).

So AFOAF bascially needs to ingest the doxy with as little fluid as possible, in it's more concentrated format. Why not take it in it's original format as a pill? See the above linked-thread: no joy, hence wanting to follow the dissolving route due to the solubility water, and the effects described in that linked thread that seem to ease one to sleep.

AFOAF would like to know:
1) is it safe to dissolve the doxy in just water, with nothing else?
2) is it safe to do so in a very small amount of water (due to the diuretic/getting up to pee problem) so that she ingests as little fluid as possible before bed? i.e. the dose will be very concentrated in such a small amount of liquid
3) if the above is safe, this will mean she can literally down the drink in a few gulps.
if so, might she just as well swallow the pills instead?
i.e. do the apparent differing in effects between taking the pills, and that of dissolving the doxy and consuming it this way, have something to do with the length of time it takes to consume it this way, allowing it to slowly work (see linked thread: in a cup of tea, i.e. normally takes about 20 mins to consume the whole cup), or the mere fact it has been dissolved? (i.e. does not matter how long it takes to consume)

btw, doxylamine succinate is the active ingredient in Unisom, those who are unaware but with experience in diphenhydramine might also be able to help, as the active drugs in sleep-aids such as unisom, benadryl etc either have the active ingredient of doxy, or active ingredient of diph.
Old 15-06-2012, 07:00
Silver Member

28 y/o Female from United States
sweetbebe is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 94, Level: 1 Points: 94, Level: 1 Points: 94, Level: 1
Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4% Activity: 1.4%
Re: doxylamine succinate (diphenhydramine) dissolved in water

That's a very good question. Sorry that I can not answer it but I actually have the same problem. Severe insomnia, and anything I drink goes right through me and I have to pee multiple times before I can actually fall asleep. It's really annoying because it allows very little time for any sleep aids to work and stay working for long enough for me to pee and still feel sleepy enough to lay down and fall sleep.

I've taken diphenhydramine in the past, and also doxylamine. I've recently decided to switch to doxylamine because the diphenhydramine pretty much stopped working, my tolerance was so high. Also, diphenydramine has a side effect of urinary retention, which is a really bad side effect to have with my needing to pee before bed. Because then I wouldn't be able to pee all the way and I'd lay down feeling uncomfortable, and many times repeat this same cycle over and over again. I'm not sure if doxylamine causes urinary retention but I sure hope not.

If you want to dissolve it into a tea, maybe try Sleepytime Tea? That has chamomile, valerian root and a few other things that are all meant to help you relax. For us with severe insomnia we may not always notice it at first but it does seem to help me because I miss it when I don't have it! So that's one thing I can think of that may work. Also, I don't think there is anything dangerous about just mixing it with water but I haven't tried that myself. It wouldn't taste that great but it sounds safe enough. Sorry I couldn't be more help but I am glad you asked this question!
Old 16-06-2012, 17:27
Silver Member

Female from Earth
diamonda is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 45, Level: 1 Points: 45, Level: 1 Points: 45, Level: 1
Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9%
Re: doxylamine succinate (diphenhydramine) dissolved in water

Hi Sweetbebe, oh no worries at all about not answering my question- I swear like none of the posts I have made on here begging for help have been answered, yet when people ask about the best way to take coke, or the best way to split their ecstasy pills across the night, they get like hundreds of answers immediately! Has made me a little upset and dispirited by the board to say the least, hence not posting since, as I was asking (what I thought) were interesting, honest questions on behalf of AFOAF, and posting interesting, fresh, anecdotes (for example with amitryptyline)- even the odd bit of harm reduction advice (for example with the likes of diclofenac)- all of which got ignored/no comments/no thanks let alone the threads in which I actually asked for help for AFOAF/started the thread itself, as you can see from this unanswered thread and by searching for my other posts made. Maybe AFOAF should get into harder things then she'd get tons of help straight away lol

AFOAF says thank you very much for the sleepytime tea recommendation as she had never heard of it, and says that in her experience doxy does not cause water retention, though this is based on experience only no medical info. She is also empathetic to hear of your chronic insomnia and wonders if you've tried everything available both otc/on prescription, and is hoping that something along the way has worked for you or holds hope to do so in the future?

Share this on:

Tags
diphenhydramine, doxylamine succinate

» New Threads
Can a ++++ be obtained through...
Last post by Dangerousdavid
0 Replies, 6 Views
i did DMT, now im lost
Last post by Xakk
12 Replies, 1,671 Views
Those in suboxone/subutex do you...
Last post by Giapsufsu