Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > VARIOUS DRUG RELATED TOPICS > Drug News > Justice & Law (News)
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Justice & Law (News) News about drug busts, bans, court cases, and law enforcement.

Old 09-05-2012, 11:18
Silver Member

29 y/o Male from United Kingdom
_Dante_ is a decent psychonaut._Dante_ is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 218, Level: 2 Points: 218, Level: 2 Points: 218, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
MXE, or mexxy, users discuss the ban on 'legal ketamine' and its impact on drug users

In an exclusive interview, MM chat to two ‘legal ketamine’ users. Both oppose current government drug policies and call for better education and more transparency following the temporary ban of methoxetamine or MXE.
Under the veil of anonymity, two MXE users spoke out about their experience with the ‘legal high’ methoxetamine and how the ban is affecting them.

Until the government temporary ban that came into force on April 4, MXE was the legal substitute of ketamine – what some claim to be less harmful but much stronger and long lasting. The designer drug became popular due to a ketamine shortage following decreasing imports from India.
“I think the government did a typical knee-jerk reaction to drugs and shut them down, drove them underground where it’s impossible to control”, said M.
M, 39, married, with four children and own business, started using MXE about six months ago as it became popular in the Research Chemical arena. Once the government temporary ban was imposed, he stopped using it.
H, 21, student with a regular job, loves psychedelics and believes that they have unique properties and should be explored. H first tried MXE at Stonehenge summer solstice last year. Prior to MXE arriving to the scene, H was a regular ketamine user and has tried a number of other substances over the years.
M said: “The ban was inevitable, because of the popularity of the drug; the small dosing was always going to be a disaster to silly kids thinking it is like cocaine.”
According to M, MXE was a niche drug until it started appearing in the papers. He himself first bought mephedrone after reading an article about it.
“From my experience with mephedrone the quality will suffer because of the whole legality of it,” M said.
H also expressed doubts about the effectiveness of the ban: “The government bans affect me by putting me at more risk for what I do without changing what I do at all. In terms of other people I see, it means that they have turned to using ketamine again, which when you see it being done by large groups of people, is far more addictive and socially damaging. In squats and the like it has become almost a new kind of smack due to the heroin drought.”
H added that the ban has rapidly increased prices of MXE within the UK, as now he gets MXE for £9 a gram rather than £7.
“I also think that it acts against the majority of users who don’t cause problems, don’t take it stupidly at huge risks to their health because of the actions of a small few who abuse it and get negative light in the media. These are the same people who are often binge drinking and causing problems. But alcohol isn’t outright ban,” H said.
In a positive light, however, H welcomes the fact that government medical officers will explore the drug’s health impact, and thinks that the ban protects those who know little about it.
On commenting about MXE quality prior to the ban, M said: “Quality was always good, there was talk of different batches etc but I personally could never tell. I used two different vendors during this time and switched to one who had better customer service, as bizarre as that sounds, I don’t want to be given the run around by some kid in his bedroom who bought a kilo and lost track of everyone because he was dipping in the bag!”
H said: “MXE is generally very high quality as I buy direct from labs and not from vendors or street. On the street, quality is less as people are known to cut it due to its extreme potency.”
Both admit that if a substitute of MXE appeared on the market, they would probably try it after first researching it. Although he was not a regular ketamine user and tried it only once in a club, M said that the ban might prompt him to try harder to find ketamine.
“Although I will certainly take a higher risk for a decent gear, e.g. MDMA crystals. So I suppose if someone could offer me some MXE of a known quality, then yes I would buy some. Because of the small amounts needed it could well survive being stepped on a few times through the middle man's hands.”
When asked to comment on decriminalising and legalising certain drugs, M said: “For a start it would stop the curious people who like the whole naughtiness of dealing and scoring gear, it would give people a safe choice but it will never happen in the UK, even Amsterdam is now pulling back a bit. It would take a government with balls to even suggest it, middle England would be up in arms, can you imagine the Daily Mail?
“England is not ready to lose the whole drug stigma.”
H said: “I think decriminalisation is the way forward. Increased regulation would see less damage done due to cut drugs, less crime caused by drug dealing and a lesser strain on our criminal system. I believe education is the way towards this.
“I remember being taught in school that if I went near cannabis it would kill me and be immediately destructive to my life. Gaining this kind of information is propaganda not education.
“It still bewilders me how people can be so closed-minded and constantly view drugs as something consistently negative while alcohol is socially acceptable. Things like the government ignoring the advice of professor nut and other drug advisory panels that have been convened is amazing to me.
“I think that current policy of criminalising someone caught with drugs has a negative effect as a whole. It blights their lives from that moment and I believe is more likely to make them continue to use, as they already have a 'black mark'.
“If you truly want a substance you can get it regardless of the government intervention. Decriminalisation would recognise this and address the symptoms of the problems. A different approach is needed.”
On commenting about the government drug policies, M added: “The government get a hard time from the drug culture over their choices – they do seem draconian.
“The government have many more things to worry about than a few stoners’ rattling sabres, but they do seem to overlook a huge tax opportunity, and for a government that likes to shut hospitals down and take away funding they could have another income source from people who are going to do it anyway.
“Drugs are not the problem, it’s people who can’t handle drugs that are the problem. Guns kill people but a human has to pull the trigger. Education is the way forward. My drug education at school was the ‘just say no era’. It was not until I opened a book and discovered that they were lying to us.
“It’s unbelievable that a few people in power can make decisions for the majority, and feed us half truths and lies. That might work for a priest in church with a god-fearing flock, but in this age of information, I find out my self and do not listen to the government’s puppets.”

Full story was taken from here:
http://mancunianmatters.co.uk/conten...act-drug-users

Original author listed as Mihaela Ivantcheva, publishing date listed as Wednesday, May 9, 2012.
------------------------------

This story just came up on my Google alerts - very interesting interviews with MXE users on the ban.... even if I'm not sure I agree with everything they say!

Last edited by _Dante_; 10-05-2012 at 12:35. Reason: Uploaded incorrectly - apologies!
Old 09-05-2012, 15:36
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
Kradiant is a decent psychonaut.Kradiant is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 184, Level: 2 Points: 184, Level: 2 Points: 184, Level: 2
Re: MXE, or mexxy, users discuss the ban on 'legal ketamine' and its impact on drug u

Nothing I didn't really know before. It interests me however that they focused on character 'H' more than character 'M'. I'd have liked to hear more about how a 39 year old juggled MXE with their own business and family. :P
Old 09-05-2012, 15:45
Palladium Member

Male from Earth
SpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline Medline
Points: 3,395, Level: 8 Points: 3,395, Level: 8 Points: 3,395, Level: 8
Activity: 6.7% Activity: 6.7% Activity: 6.7%
Re: MXE, or mexxy, users discuss the ban on 'legal ketamine' and its impact on drug u

I am very glad you posted it and it was a good read, but what makes those blokes "drug experts" as stated as opposed to matured drug users?

They have the right idea for the most part, but there are a lot of typical generalities at the end. I thought it was nice that they chose reasonable individuals with a life and an outlook. Typically you don't often find business owners with family giving drug interviews. It'd be a good appeal to people to see that. It is the right pathos.
Old 09-05-2012, 17:59
Titanium Member

29 y/o Female from United Kingdom
misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,271, Level: 5 Points: 1,271, Level: 5 Points: 1,271, Level: 5
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
Haha yeah. AFOAF has been in mourning since this ban. She misses methoxetamine. She misses it like a lost loved one or old friend.

She has since seriously damaged herself experimenting with other substances trying to replace methoxetamine so thanks for that HM government. And as the article states MXE is still available if you have connections to the illegal drug trade (AFOAF does not) its just now more expensive and less likely to be pure. In effect the ban has simply made things more dangerous for the end user, who remains just that, a user.

She is sticking to benzos and DXM nowadays though (not together lol)
As DXM does almost exactly what MXE did for her it turns out. She really should have tried it sooner as her source for pure DXM is half the cost of what she used to pay for MXE and unlikely to be banned.

MXE is still better lol. It was AFOAFs 'perfect drug'. But she can live with DXM. The trick is to dose low with DXM if your aim is to emulate MXE..

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk
Old 09-05-2012, 18:02
Silver Member

29 y/o Male from United Kingdom
_Dante_ is a decent psychonaut._Dante_ is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 218, Level: 2 Points: 218, Level: 2 Points: 218, Level: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpatialReason View Post
I am very glad you posted it and it was a good read, but what makes those blokes "drug experts" as stated as opposed to matured drug users?
I think that is a different story they are linking to - not in reference to the users.
Old 09-05-2012, 18:34
Productive insomniac
Administrator

98 y/o Male from Netherlands
Alfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 82,502, Level: 41 Points: 82,502, Level: 41 Points: 82,502, Level: 41
Activity: 49.6% Activity: 49.6% Activity: 49.6%

Please change your post to the correct news format, so that it displays correctly on our main news page.
You can find the full instructions here.

The most important things to notice are:
  • The introduction of the article should be in bold.
  • Images should be added if possible and placed in the article, following the instructions linked to above and here.
  • Information about the article, like link, author, date should be posted below the article.
  • Your personal comments about the article can be posted either in quotes at the end of the article or in a separate post.

Please be so kind to review your article and correct this.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:37
Reactive Member

Male from Earth
hookedonhelping really knows their shit.hookedonhelping really knows their shit.hookedonhelping really knows their shit.hookedonhelping really knows their shit.hookedonhelping really knows their shit.hookedonhelping really knows their shit.hookedonhelping really knows their shit.hookedonhelping really knows their shit.hookedonhelping really knows their shit.hookedonhelping really knows their shit.
Points: 2,272, Level: 7 Points: 2,272, Level: 7 Points: 2,272, Level: 7
Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8%

This is good shit! The governments around the world should embrace this substance!

Last edited by hookedonhelping; 11-05-2012 at 11:14.
Old 11-05-2012, 14:16
Palladium Member

Male from Earth
SpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline MedlineSpatialReason must mainline Medline

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Dante_ View Post
I think that is a different story they are linking to - not in reference to the users.
Thank you for correcting my confusion. Now it seems far less "over the top."
Old 11-05-2012, 14:50
Titanium Member

misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.misskatie really adds to the discussion.

Ok this is sort of on topic but I am on 150Ml DXM trip right now, and it feels qualatively the same as a 50mg MXE trip.. my suggestion to mxe lovers is to go the DXM route
Old 11-05-2012, 18:44
Palladium Member

Male from Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskatie View Post
Ok this is sort of on topic but I am on 150Ml DXM trip right now, and it feels qualatively the same as a 50mg MXE trip.. my suggestion to mxe lovers is to go the DXM route
Let me add to this: this is only good advice if one is doing the extraction processes necessary for harm reduction.

MXE, while not fully understood or well documented, would seemingly be far less damaging than over the counter Dextromethorphan administration. Typical users will shotgun (heavily drink) cough syrup and call it good at that point. This is not good for one's health. So if one is to substitute, please make sure they are doing it safely by extracting the acetaminophen and all the sugar/additives in typical cold/cough bottles.

This is just trailing misskatie, a regular disassociative user, on something to bring up as an issue. DXM does have scientifically proven negative effects upon the brain, so keep that in mind before anyone happens to take this "drug substitute" route. That is outside of what I said above where the non-pure DXM administration could wreak havoc on filter organs.

Good observation, but it needed the disclaimer.
Old 13-05-2012, 03:39
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from United Kingdom
sans-deity is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 98, Level: 1 Points: 98, Level: 1 Points: 98, Level: 1

Sorry to hark on again. dxm dosing is far different than many other drugs, cross tolerance will not help you hear. Although a superhero who i know who doesnt wear glasses or normal cloathes like u or I got into a 3rd plateau trip and instantly went off it as it had lost is appeal
tolerenc builds up quickly and remains for long time, and the 1st and 2nd plateou novelty quickly wears off again please read or at least acknowledge the' DXM FAQ' http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/faq/

Last edited by sans-deity; 13-05-2012 at 12:51. Reason: missing text accidentally deleted
Old 13-05-2012, 03:53
Palladium Member

Male from Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by sans-deity View Post
Sorry to hark on again. dxm dosing is far different than many other drugs, cross tolerance will not help you hear. Although a superhero who i know who doesnt wear glasses or normal cloathes like u or I got into a 3rd plateau trip and instantly went off it as it had lost is appeal
tolerenc builds up quickly and remains for long time, and the 1st and 2nd plateou novelty quickly wears off again please read or at least acknowledge it.
DXM is a dosing nightmare because it manages to do so many things on different levels and is very dependent on the person, their body, mass, and they way their brain/organs function. I have seen people do the same doses before and end up on different ends of the DXM plateau spectrum. I have also seen people do doses that make you question their sanity and they just sit and look happy as hell on the 3rd plateau.

It is a bad substitute for that reason. It's going to pull a "cocaine" type thing. You can get what you want the first time, maybe the second time, but after you keep going, it requires more to get something... and then it just doesn't do what you expect or want if you do it often...
Old 13-05-2012, 11:49
Titanium Member

Also for the record..

AFOAF buys her DXM in pure powder form. Not cough medicines. DXM is legal here
Old 14-05-2012, 00:31
Palladium Member

Male from Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskatie View Post
Also for the record..

AFOAF buys her DXM in pure powder form. Not cough medicines. DXM is legal here
Oh, fancy! I envy that. The US folk totally have to do acid-base extractions in order to get purified DXM. Despite being relatively simple, I find most users do it the dumb way.

Share this on:

Tags
methoxetamine, mexxy, mxe

» New Threads
should I stay or should I go?
Last post by so so sad in vegas
3 Replies, 52 Views
FDA Kratom Import alert!!!
Last post by ianzombie
84 Replies, 5,120 Views
kratom and help on day 5 no opiates
Last post by DepoV