Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > RECOVERY & ADDICTION > Drug Addiction & Recovery > Opiate addiction
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Opiate addiction Support for coping with Opiate addiction and Opiate addiction treatment.

 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-05-2012, 04:48
rach82 rach82 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: 08-05-2012
31 y/o Female from United States
Posts: 11
rach82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
I have a few questions about the vivitrol shot? I am withdrawing and on my third day

Hi guys! I have sit here and read about 20 different threads and I feel like I am going to die. My arms are so weak and it hurts to just rest them on the desk to type. Here is my story. I am a 29 year old female and I went to the methadone clinic for an oxy addiction for ten straight years. I passed all of my drug tests besides one(for coke), which I think is pretty good. I have two kids, so I knew I had to get off oxys. Well, I did not think methadone would be worse than oxy's to get off of. Boy, was I wrong. Today is Monday night and Thursday morning I get my Vivitrol shot. I seriously don't think I can make it that long, but I have to. The sad part is that I have over 1,100 milligrams of methadone in my house and I am dying to go in there and just take a little sip of it. If i do it, I won't get that shot because I have to be clean for five days from methadone and I may never get this chance again. It took me three months to get into this place because where I live, there isn't much help.

Well, here I am sitting here feeling like I am going to die. I don't know what to do. I don't even know why I am on this forum typing this for or if anyone will even read this. I can't sleep at all, I keep sweating and then freezing, I am soo weak that I can barely lift up my two year old to change him, shaking, throwing up, I am so depressed and just want to cry(I have never been depressed before), I am hurting so bad. I have tried taking Imodium and Tylenol night time flu and cold, but of course, that is not helping. I took a bath today and that took every ounce of energy I had in me. What would you recommend that I do for my withdraws that I would not fail my drug test of course? As much as I want to just go in there and take about 50 milligrams of methadone, I have to have the willpower to do this, but for some reason, I can't pour it out, even though I know in my head that I should.

Also, I am really scared about the vivitrol shot. I know it doesn't help with withdraws. I would love to know how it will make me feel because I will feel like pure sh*t going in there that day. Will it make me feel a little better that day? How long will I feel as normal as I ever will? I just mainly want to know how long does it take to feel like moving and get over these shakes after I take the shot on Thursday? Please help me! Thank you so much and thank you for taking the time out to read this. You don't know how much it will help just writing back to me!
  #2  
Old 08-05-2012, 08:46
ex-junkie ex-junkie is offline
Palladium Member
 
Join Date: 23-02-2009
Female from Earth
Posts: 2,556
Blog Entries: 1
ex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 5,548, Level: 10 Points: 5,548, Level: 10 Points: 5,548, Level: 10
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%
Re: I have a few questions about the vivitrol shot? I am withdrawing and on my third

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach82 View Post
I have over 1,100 milligrams of methadone in my house and I am dying to go in there and just take a little sip of it.
Call a supportive friend to come over and assist you to flush it down the toilet. If you're serious about letting go and quitting; you will do this. It will be hard, but you can do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach82 View Post
If i do it, I won't get that shot because I have to be clean for five days from methadone and I may never get this chance again.
What are their plans for your treatment? This injection will cause you withdrawals. How do they intend to manage them? This is very important for you to know/have a say in how this is managed. Particularly considering they are going to administer it sooner than the manufacturer's recommended waiting times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach82 View Post

Also, I am really scared about the vivitrol shot. I know it doesn't help with withdraws. I would love to know how it will make me feel because I will feel like pure sh*t going in there that day. Will it make me feel a little better that day? How long will I feel as normal as I ever will? I just mainly want to know how long does it take to feel like moving and get over these shakes after I take the shot on Thursday?
The vivitrol shot will boot the remaining methadone off of your opiate receptors. I'm not going to lie to you sweetie; it will be uncomfortable. You should expect to feel pretty shitty for a couple of days afterwards. The weakness will persist a bit longer though and this is because of what your body has endured. If you keep hydrated and eat a balanced diet, you will feel better for it. Sleep is another issue. We need sleep for good mental health; clonidine and promethazine help to achieve this. It's doubtful that a doctor in US will give this to you and it breaks my heart your health care system is so fucking crap. You should take some journal articles that prove the efficacy of antihypertensives and antihistamines in opiate withdrawal. If they genuinely are unaware of their effectiveness, then you might be the person to teach them something new.

Ideally your doctor will give you an antihypertensive (like clonidine or lofexidine) and this will help to alleviate the temperature fluctuations, the sweats, restless legs, and if the dose is an effective one; it will make you a little bit drowsy and help to induce sleep. Don't get too excited though, doctors normally don't prescribe it in the doses that do make you drowsy because to achieve that effect it is essentially causing the opposite - hypotension. That is low blood pressure and can be dangerous due to increased fall risk, dangers driving a car, etc. Therefore they only tend to prescribe doses that will have little to no effect on your blood pressure.

In the meantime, you should get yourself some sedative antihistamines. I've attached an information sheet about sedative antihistamines. However, these may not be OTC in your location. They're not addictive and if you say you took them for their intended purpose (i.e., allergies) then I can't see the problem. You shouldn't fail a test, however don't take my word for that. I know it's not a problem in Australia.

I too did my methadone detox at home with a 2 year old. This is a really good time for you to quit sweetie. Quit the methadone and the drugs before your bub can remember anything.

Good luck.

Post Quality Evaluations:
good info
great honesty and information from personal experience. And congratulations on your recovery-may it continue throughout your lifetime!
Attached Files
File Type: docx otc-template-pi-sedating-antihistamine.docx (27.3 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by ex-junkie; 08-05-2012 at 09:03.
  #3  
Old 08-05-2012, 08:58
ex-junkie ex-junkie is offline
Palladium Member
 
Join Date: 23-02-2009
Female from Earth
Posts: 2,556
Blog Entries: 1
ex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 5,548, Level: 10 Points: 5,548, Level: 10 Points: 5,548, Level: 10
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%
Re: I have a few questions about the vivitrol shot? I am withdrawing and on my third

"Unintended Precipitation of Opioid Withdrawal: Opioid-dependent and opioid-using patients, including those being treated for alcohol dependence, must be opioid-free for a minimum of 7-10 days before starting VIVITROL treatment (5.5)." <--- Direct quote from the prescribing information about Vivitrol.

I've attached the prescribing guide for you to read. It can still be given, but ideally your symptoms should be managed appropriately in a controlled environment. You should not have to suffer in any shape or form and if they're expecting you to suffer, then you should be completely aware of their intentions. Fuck man, you should be having a say in your treatment. That is what person centred care planning is all about.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf vivitrol_prescribing_info.pdf (13.53 MB, 8 views)
  #4  
Old 08-05-2012, 15:50
constant limbo constant limbo is offline
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.
 
Join Date: 15-09-2011
47 y/o Male from Scotland
Posts: 94
constant limbo is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 77, Level: 1 Points: 77, Level: 1 Points: 77, Level: 1
Activity: 9.1% Activity: 9.1% Activity: 9.1%
Re: I have a few questions about the vivitrol shot? I am withdrawing and on my third

imo,you should take some time off work for the first few weeks if possible.is there any way you could get some time off work,starting immediatly ?

also flushing your remaining methadone down the toilet,would stop you relapsing and blowing your treatment plan

ex junkie has given you some great advice

i wish you all the very best in sorting things out
  #5  
Old 11-05-2012, 22:36
rach82 rach82 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: 08-05-2012
31 y/o Female from United States
Posts: 11
rach82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: I have a few questions about the vivitrol shot? I am withdrawing and on my third

Thank you so much guys for taking time out of your day to respond back to me. I hope you didn't think I read it because I did the day you posted, but I didn't feel like sitting at the computer and typing back and I still don't, but I am forcing myself. After 5 days and 7 hours of withdrawing, I went to my doctor's appointment and you were right. I still have methadone in my system. I was crying pretty much the whole day yesterday because I didn't get that shot and I just want to feel as normal as I can. I had a few days where I just wanted to take some methadone, but I have to have the willpower for not only me, but my kids and parents(they are my best friends and we are so close). I just wished they wouldn't have told me not to take it for five days. I read all over the internet that it takes 7-10 days and they even had pamphlets in their office saying 7-10 days! But, then I thought in my head that if they would have told me 7 days, who knows if I would have done it. Maybe they told me five for a reason, but it is still messed up.

Here is what really, really scares me. I have an appointment with her again on Monday and that will make over 9 days. I told her I swear I didn't take anything(and I swear on my kid's lives that I didn't and I had someone to flush ALL 1,100 milligrams. I did have it in my house for three days, I think for security though.. if that even makes sense). Well, here is what scares me. She told me that she believes that I haven taken it in five days, but she has seen someone in jail for 12 days and on the 13th day, still have methadone in his system and a lot of people in beds in a detox hospital with it in their system for 10 days. She told me where I have been on it for ten years, it is in my bones.. Well, I thought it didn't get in your bones. I have pamphlets from the methadone clinic that says it doesn't get in your bones! I just hope in 9 days, that I won't have it in my system or I will go nuts and probably really have a nervous breakdown. I am in college and don't go back for a month, so this is the perfect time to do it and that is why I didn't wait three more weeks and try to detox myself from the 1,100 milligrams that I had. It is long gone though, so I don't have to worry about that. I just want to be normal for my kids, parents, and myself, of course. My kids have never been around me while I wasn't on methadone and my oldest is almost 11. Oh, and also, I spent over 65k on methadone at the clinic in a ten year period. I know what you may be thinking, if I was on pills, it would be more, but I would have been dead if I wouldn't have got off pills. Methadone did save my life in a way, and killed it in another way and I am sure you guys know what I am saying. One thing I have now is not ONE person in my life on drugs and I don't have any friends hardly.

Here is my rant and what I don't understand and I will never understand this. If they say that if you have any amount of methadone in your system, it can cause you to go into horrible withdraws. Well, I am already in it!

My doctor told me to drink a lot of water and try to get it out of my system because I told her that I maybe drunk 4 ounces of water in five days and I thought in my head I should be drinking more, but I guess I figured it would have been out of my system and thought they knew. I am taking multivitamins, drinking energy drinks, benadryl, clonidine(I took ten last night(they only gave me eight for four days of .01 and my friend gave me some .02 milligrams because I didn't care if I ate them like candy). NEVER will I take that many again. This person who was here helping me who I have known all 29 years of my life was screaming at me for over an hour she said and so was my sister and I didn't even hear them. If I didn't have kids and knew I wouldn't die, I would probably take that many every day just to be in a deep sleep, but it isn't safe and can screw with your blood pressure. I know this question doesn't have to do with my paragraph, but I was wondering if anyone knows how to get this crap out of my system faster, so on Monday at nine days with nothing, I will pass the test for sure? I heard vinegar would help, but I don't want it to mess with the drug test, of course? I just wonder what I could take that wouldn't mess it up, if anything?

rach82 added 0 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-junkie View Post

Sorry for my other long post, I guess I just wanted to tell more about my situation in case someone reads this and is going through the same thing, but this is from what you asked me and wanted to do it like this in case you didn't want to read all of that, but this will probably be longer! lol

I don't know if I did those quotes right, but I wanted to answer your questions. I really appreciate you responding to my post. You really gave me the answers that I needed. I read it three different times and it really helped me, even though I couldn't type back. I still feel like complete shit today, but I feel better than I did yesterday or any other day. I still am sweating and freezing and have had a sweatshirt on for six days. I just want to thank you for taking time out of your day for trying to help me and answer my questions. People like you are the ones who gives people like me hope. Thank you so much, hun!




What are their plans for your treatment? This injection will cause you withdrawals. How do they intend to manage them? This is very important for you to know/have a say in how this is managed. Particularly considering they are going to administer it sooner than the manufacturer's recommended waiting times.
Tell you the truth, I forgot to ask her the question what they do for a few days of withdrawling(I have no clue how to spell this.. google keeps telling me withdrawing, but my spell checker says withdrawling! haha) If they give me anything, it will probably be .01 milligram of clonidine, if that and that doesn't help nothing, but a few more helps with sleeping. I was hoping that they wasn't going to do the 7-10 thing like you said and Vivitrol even says that, too. I really knew in my head that was going to happen. I am just wondering it this is a reason why I still have it in my system for. I know they say you have to be on like 25 or 30 milligrams(here anyways), so I had to lie to them, of course because I need the shot. Well, I was on 105 milligrams for the last 6 years(the first four years, I was on 150, but I burned everything and passed out and had to lower it). Well, I was taking like 70 milligrams for the last past two months, but the two times a month I went to the clinic, I had to take the 105 milligrams of course. Well, the day before I quit, I was like, I want to feel good one more time, so my stupid ass took all 105 milligrams after being on 60 for months! I think I may have screwed up there or maybe it is because I have been on it for ten years? I have no clue. I quit going to the clinic about a month and a half ago and and I was cutting myself down for a few months and went for two more weeks and had that and extra left over for about a month. That is why I still had that 1,100 milligrams because I got the call about them finally accepting me for the Vivitrol shot after three months and there was no way I was messing it up, so I knew it was time to quit.

I have to go to therapy and groups for 4 hours a month for the shot and that is pretty much all I know because I was so sad that day because I couldn't get the shot and couldn't even think of anything to ask. I was so shaky and it took me THREE hours just to see her of waiting in the waiting room and I thought I was dead when I went back there.



Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-junkie View Post
I too did my methadone detox at home with a 2 year old. This is a really good time for you to quit sweetie. Quit the methadone and the drugs before your bub can remember anything.

Good luck.

Thank you soo much for all the hope and I am so proud of you! I want you to give yourself a pat on the back from me because you deserve it! I know I don't know you in real life, but we are pretty much the same person. I will have your success story soon to tell everyone that I got off methadone and went on the Vivitrol shot and I can't wait to be inspiration like you are for people who needs help! If it wasn't for my kids, I would have never got off pills, never started methadone, and never got off methadone. I know you know how hard it is with a two year old because you done the same thing, but that is what motivates you even more! I think maybe these energy drinks are helping me feel a little better and I think I just found a new addiction a few times a week. haha.. Nevermind, I just looked them up and they really are addictive.(I do recommend them for people who are withdrawing though because a few days won't hurt and it beats nothing) I guess if you drink them for months, you want them everyday, so I will pass on that. I will just drink them while I am withdrawing. lol.. After I succeed with this shot, I have one more thing I am going to try, but I really don't know if I can do this. But, if I got off methadone after ten years, I know I can do anything. I really want to quit smoking. I have smoked for 12 years and I know my kids hate it. My son begs me to stop smoking and I promised him I would. My mom quit smoking on April 1st and she has smoked for 35 years and is doing great with no nicotine patches or anything. I am really proud of her and I am going to make her proud.



Oh I have one more question, if you ever read this and don't care to write back to me when your bored or something. I forgot to ask this question. How long does most people stay on the shot for? I would love to do it for like three or four months, but I read it can be up to a year. How long have you been on it for and how long have they told you that you will probably be on it, if you don't mind answering. Thanks!

Last edited by rach82; 11-05-2012 at 22:36. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
  #6  
Old 11-05-2012, 22:52
Aberdonian Aberdonian is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 19-12-2008
38 y/o Male from Scotland
Posts: 472
Aberdonian should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Re: I have a few questions about the vivitrol shot? I am withdrawing and on my third

i went onto oral naltrexone after 5 days clean from dhc and before i took it i felt actually not bad , after i took it i went into full blown wd, puking and sh%$ting leave it as long as poss,i also did it inn detox 5 came off methadone monday started naltrexone on thurs,never been so ill in my life lost 20lbs in a week thru sweat,no food,diahrrea etc and it took me months to feel anything like normal,im sorry i know i should be offering encouragement but to me naltrexone is the devil incarnate even after 18 months on it i still felt numb and shitty all the time as it blocks all endorphins etc as well,sory but this is my opinion and i have known a fw people who hav had no probs with it and has worked wonders, everyones different but if you feel you need it go for it, at least try out the first dose but 5 days is far too soon after h is supposed to be 10 days methadone is a min of 14 if i remember right ,sorry for the downer i feel i have to give you MY honest opinion , please someone come behind me with a story about how great it worked for them!!
  #7  
Old 11-05-2012, 23:21
rach82 rach82 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: 08-05-2012
31 y/o Female from United States
Posts: 11
rach82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: I have a few questions about the vivitrol shot? I am withdrawing and on my third

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aberdonian View Post
i went onto oral naltrexone after 5 days clean from dhc and before i took it i felt actually not bad , after i took it i went into full blown wd, puking and sh%$ting leave it as long as poss,i also did it inn detox 5 came off methadone monday started naltrexone on thurs,never been so ill in my life lost 20lbs in a week thru sweat,no food,diahrrea etc and it took me months to feel anything like normal,im sorry i know i should be offering encouragement but to me naltrexone is the devil incarnate even after 18 months on it i still felt numb and shitty all the time as it blocks all endorphins etc as well,sory but this is my opinion and i have known a fw people who hav had no probs with it and has worked wonders, everyones different but if you feel you need it go for it, at least try out the first dose but 5 days is far too soon after h is supposed to be 10 days methadone is a min of 14 if i remember right ,sorry for the downer i feel i have to give you MY honest opinion , please someone come behind me with a story about how great it worked for them!!

I really appreciate you being honest with me because that is what I want, if though it kinda makes me sad to read this. :/ But then I have to think that I have read A LOT of success stories like ex-junkies and that is what I try to think of. Of course, I have read a few stories like yours, but then again it depends on the person. I've got kids, so this WILL work for me. That is my hope anyways.. lol Like you said, you know a few people who it worked for, too, so that really helps in your post and I don't feel like your post is discouraging. I wanted the truth and you gave it to me. That is what this forum is all about. I wished it would have worked for you, but after being on it for 18 months, at least you are not on drugs. I think a lot of people does like it because they can't get high from it like methadone(if your on a high milligrams of it) or pills, but that is my point. I don't want to be high on it. When I took my methadone, I lowered it so I wouldn't have got the high from it. Even though they told me when I started that you can't get high from it, it isn't in your bones(even though my doctor that is going to give me the vivitrol shot told me it does), and you know what else they told me ten years ago? They told me it wasn't addictive. I really knew it had to be because there is no way if they have to wean you down for it. They just want the money and they got almost 70k from me, but it did save my life because I would have been dead from pills and that is the truth. Thank you for your post because it did still give me hope because you said it helped a few people you knew. I have no clue why I am sitting here feeling like pure crap and typing on this forum, but I have been on the couch for six days and I am sick of it. And plus, I am chugging energy drinks, too. I don't have energy to get up and down things, but at least I can sit on the computer for a while and that was something I couldn't do six days ago for nothing. Good luck to you and I really wished the shot would have helped you, but just think of your drug days. Yeah, it felt good, but when you couldn't find nothing, or all the money you spent, and hurting your family and other people, it has to be better being on the shot. I just don't think we will ever be normal. I just hope that isn't true!
  #8  
Old 12-05-2012, 02:32
ex-junkie ex-junkie is offline
Palladium Member
 
Join Date: 23-02-2009
Female from Earth
Posts: 2,556
Blog Entries: 1
ex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 5,548, Level: 10 Points: 5,548, Level: 10 Points: 5,548, Level: 10
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%
Re: I have a few questions about the vivitrol shot? I am withdrawing and on my third

First of all, I'm here to scold you for taking 1gram of clonidine! What were you thinking!?! Damn woman! You can take 0.1-0.2mg and go into a deep sleep. It's only something you should do at night time though. Half of a 0.1mg tablet first thing in the morning is ideal because you've got parental responsibilities.

Secondly, after nine days you will have a negligible amount of methadone in your system. There is no point fearing the vivitrol shot because even if it makes you feel like shit; it will only be short-lived. My detox went like this;

-four days of no methadone.
-five days of buprenorphine (did not require very much).
-naltrexone induction the following day.

Now I had roughly 10mg of buprenorphine minimum in my system when I began the naltrexone induction. My pain and addiction specialist admitted me to hospital for the induction and I was given 1 or 2mg of naltrexone orally every 2 hours. I was also medicated on clonidine, temazepam, and IM promethazine; I slept for the entire day and had to be woken up to take the naltrexone. The worst withdrawals that I was awake to feel was feeling cold and I had the shits once.

The next morning I took 50mg naltrexone orally and had no withdrawals whatsoever. Trust me, you will have an easier time but ask for some medication to get you through that day. IM promethazine is wonderful and will knock you on your arse lol. If you can get that; GET IT. Just say you would prefer a drowsy antihistamine rather than a benzodiazepine, but make sure you've got somebody to drive you home and help care for the kiddies.

Oh and I was on 55mg methadone orally, but was buying it on the street and injecting it. I was on around 110mg. I took naltrexone for around six months and then kept forgetting to take them and decided it wasn't necessary anymore.
  #9  
Old 12-05-2012, 21:29
rach82 rach82 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: 08-05-2012
31 y/o Female from United States
Posts: 11
rach82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: I have a few questions about the vivitrol shot? I am withdrawing and on my third

I know I should have never took that many, because I know someone who has a 13 year old son who has had sleeping problems all of his life and the doctors put him on two 0.2 milligrams of clonidine a night and he falls asleep within thirty minutes. I have seen it happen so many times because I used to babysit him a lot. This is a kid who used to sleep like four hours a night on a school night every night and that was all he would get. I took four of them when I left the doctor's office because I was so sad I didn't get that shot and I knew my mom was here to help me because she stayed all night. For three hours it didn't help me sleep, so I just kept taking them. I never want to be in a deep sleep like that again. It was like I was in a coma for three hours because I didn't her screaming that long.

I am just soo scared. The withdraws are not as bad now, but I have NO ENERGY at all and just feel dead. I still get sweats and chills here and there and I can't eat. I drunk five energy drinks last night, mainly so I would have a little bit of energy and so I could pee a lot, because I have to get this crap out of my system. I am just so scared that on day nine(Monday), I will still have it in my system since she told me she has seen it so many times where she knew people was in jail or in a hospital detoxing and it took 13 days. She said if I have any amount in my system, that she will not give it to me and it really sucks. I think have nine days of detoxing that it shouldn't be a problem even if there was a small amount. Hopefully it will be all out of my system. I did pee like 20 times last night from drinking those energy drinks. I am not scared of getting the shot and going into withdraws now since I do feel better and if it happens I will get over them in a few days, but I am scared she won't give it to me if it is still in my system and it can take two weeks where I have been on such a high dose for ten years. My biggest fear is never having the energy like I did before. I walked out of there Thursday when she told me I still had it in my system after five days bawling. I just want to get better and hate this. I swear, I will NEVER take/snort another pill(but haven't for ten years) or do methadone.


So, I have one more question if you don't care if I bother you again.. lol How long did it take for you to get energy after the shot? I am taking four multi vitamins a day and trying so hard just to regain my energy back. I just feel like I will never have it again. I hate waking up knowing I won't have that taste of methadone and it going through my body, but I get so happy to know it will be over soon and that shot will help me, hopefully.


Thank you soo much for giving me hope and answering my questions. I showed my mom this forum the other day and she was talking about how nice you are. You know what.. now that you mentioned promethazine, I do have some because my doctor wrote them out to me, but I guess I just forgot about them. They never knock me out though because I used to get 30 of them for prescribed for car sick when I was younger, but I am going to take some because I just can't eat and I feel like I am going to throw up. Thank you so much again!
  #10  
Old 12-05-2012, 23:53
ex-junkie ex-junkie is offline
Palladium Member
 
Join Date: 23-02-2009
Female from Earth
Posts: 2,556
Blog Entries: 1
ex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 5,548, Level: 10 Points: 5,548, Level: 10 Points: 5,548, Level: 10
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%
Re: I have a few questions about the vivitrol shot? I am withdrawing and on my third

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach82 View Post
So, I have one more question if you don't care if I bother you again.. lol How long did it take for you to get energy after the shot? I am taking four multi vitamins a day and trying so hard just to regain my energy back. I just feel like I will never have it again. I hate waking up knowing I won't have that taste of methadone and it going through my body, but I get so happy to know it will be over soon and that shot will help me, hopefully.
I don't mind you asking questions. I have a lot of knowledge and I'm more than happy to share it with you. Though I never had a vivitrol shot. My experience with naltrexone was via implant in 2000 and tablets in 2005/2006. I'm not sure how long it took for me to feel energy again... natural energy; because I went on to abuse other drugs about three months after my detox which completely sapped my energy.

Those energy drinks will cause bigger problems for you because when you stop them you will get monster migraine headaches that last around two weeks. They are not very fun believe me. Switch to coffee if you need a pep up because a cup of coffee usually has less caffeine in it.
  #11  
Old 15-05-2012, 23:49
rach82 rach82 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: 08-05-2012
31 y/o Female from United States
Posts: 11
rach82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: I have a few questions about the vivitrol shot? I am withdrawing and on my third

I really don't know what to do now because that vivitrol shot didn't happen. I did test negative for methadone(that was all I was taking) and now I am laying here wishing I was rreally dead. It really sucks. My doctor gave me half of that pill before getting the shot and within 20 minutes, I felt like someone had a knife stabbing me twenty times a minute. It was twice as worse as labor pain. It just quit today after 24 hours. I was in here screaming at the top of my lungs from those stabbing pains. I threw up at least 50 times and I only ate a hash brown that morning and two gatorades. I was throwing up blood and everything. So, I guess there goes my only hope. (

I swear, I took a bath earlier and it took me like 20 minutes to climb out of it. When I got out, I just sit there wet forever and couldn't even put my clothes on forever. My doctor told me that there might be some methadone "hiding" in my body somewhere and that is why that happened. I don't believe it. if i passed the damn drug test it was not in my system.

I don'nt know what to do now. It seems like my only hope has failed. No one could pay me a million dollars to take that little pill again and I am not joking. I was llaying in the bathtub today and just wished I would have drowned. I would have never done that of course, but I just don't know. My mom has been here helping me for days now with my two year old and she can hardly move because she has fibromyalgia and is in worse pain than me. I know she is and it really depresses me. I wished I wouldn't have poured out all that methadone thinking that damn shot would help, even though I didn't even make it that far. ((
  #12  
Old 16-05-2012, 04:50
jamajessie jamajessie is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 09-08-2009
Female from United States
Posts: 67
jamajessie is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 53, Level: 1 Points: 53, Level: 1 Points: 53, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: I have a few questions about the vivitrol shot? I am withdrawing and on my third

I feel so bad for you! You have been through pure hell. Have you looked into Sub? How are your withdrawals now? Are you still craving?
  #13  
Old 16-05-2012, 09:56
ex-junkie ex-junkie is offline
Palladium Member
 
Join Date: 23-02-2009
Female from Earth
Posts: 2,556
Blog Entries: 1
ex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 5,548, Level: 10 Points: 5,548, Level: 10 Points: 5,548, Level: 10
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%
Re: I have a few questions about the vivitrol shot? I am withdrawing and on my third

How many milligrams of naltrexone did they give you? They should have done the induction slowly! Mind you, naltrexone is long acting. If you're not in withdrawal anymore it means that your withdrawals are pretty much finished. If they gave you a full naltrexone tablet, then this means that they've given you 50mg.

Keep in mind that my induction was 1mg every 2 hours over a 24 hour period... this is 12mg in total. That was enough to clean out my system in a humane manner and I was able to take a whole 50mg tablet the following morning without a single withdrawal.

I sincerely hope that we have student MDs and health care workers reading this shit man. Opiate detox and naltrexone inductions DO NOT have to be hideous experiences. They CAN be done humanely, thus increasing success rates and patient adherence to treatment. Fuck!

Edit: out of curiosity, how did they test you for methadone? Was it urinalysis or blood test?
  #14  
Old 17-05-2012, 03:29
rach82 rach82 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: 08-05-2012
31 y/o Female from United States
Posts: 11
rach82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: I have a few questions about the vivitrol shot? I am withdrawing and on my third

They gave me half of one, I am pretty sure she said 25 milligrams? It must be since you said a whole one was 50mgs. I swear, you put 10k in front of me and I will NEVER take that thing again. I thought I was literally dying. I have had two kids and that pain was NOTHING like taking that stupid pill. It may work for some, but not me. I guess I had my hopes up. I was thinking about calling them about suboxone, but I know it will take like a month to make an appointment and I plan on moving out of this shitty state and it will be another fallback just like the ten years of the methadone clinic was. I guess I will try this on my own, even though I wished I could have been on methadone all my life, but after $60k over ten years, I had to quit. No more $500 a month payment on that shit. I am not really having withdrawls now, I just have absolutely no energy and weak as hell. I would love to have some methadone in my body. I could get some easily, but if I made it this far, might as well go for it.

When I started the going to the methadone clinic, those dumbasses told everyone it wasn't addictive. I even have a pamphlet from then saying it from when I first started. Methadone is the worse "drug" that I have ever done and by far the most addictive in my book.

I really wished they would have gave me 1 milligram every two hours like they did you and maybe it would have worked. They gave me a urine test and I have never seen one that looked like that. At the clinic, you just pee in a cup with a temperature thingy on it and they send it off. This one, you had to pee 6 ounces and on the side it said negative, confirm, retest, and that temperature thingy. On day five, only one red line was on negative and on day nine when I didn't have anything in my system, there was two negative lines on it and then it says confirm and they peel it and look at the results.

So, after waiting three hours in the waiting room, she called me back and I had no clue if I still had it in my system and she said do you have water. I had no clue wtf she was talking about, but she was talking about taking that half of pill. She told me to come back in 45 minutes. I live an hour and half away from that place. I had to ride home naked because I threw up at least 50 times in the parking lot and I felt stabbing pains, and I am talking about knife stabbing pains within 20-25 minutes. My mom wanted to take me to the hospital because I was doubled over screaming, but I just wanted to go home. I would say I got about 50-70 of those stabbing pains every minute for EIGHT hours and throwing up blood. That was the scariest time of my life.

I think I am just going to have to get used to my new life. This is the first time since I was 17(I am 29 now), that I have been completely clean without anything prescribed to me or doing pills before going to the clinic. When I wake up for at least two hours, I think, damn.. I wished I had some methadone. I am feeling a little bit better today. I am on day 12 now and never thought I would have made it this far, so I am proud of myself. I just make myself get up and do something, play with my kids, or listen to music. I do have to say that music is different now. I have read where so many people said that and didn't believe it.

My major problem right now besides being weak, no energy, and thinking in my head that I need methadone to feel better is NO sleep. Today is day 12, with 11 hours of sleep in those 12 days. It is starting to catch up to me. I feel like a zombie or something.

I just want you guys to know that I appreciate the help and answering all the questions I have asked.
  #15  
Old 17-05-2012, 05:17
jamajessie jamajessie is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 09-08-2009
Female from United States
Posts: 67
jamajessie is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 53, Level: 1 Points: 53, Level: 1 Points: 53, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: I have a few questions about the vivitrol shot? I am withdrawing and on my third

You're a strong woman with lots of willpower. You can do anything. You have been through hell. Your posts have really touched me. I'm proud of you too. I hope you get over this soon because you really deserve to feel better.
  #16  
Old 17-05-2012, 06:20
BigWillyStyle BigWillyStyle is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 14-10-2008
Male from United States
Posts: 47
BigWillyStyle is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 152, Level: 2 Points: 152, Level: 2 Points: 152, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: I have a few questions about the vivitrol shot? I am withdrawing and on my third

You've been through the worst. The fact that you made it through 10-yr methadone WD basically cold turkey means you have amazing willpower and now all you need is a goal. As long as you have something to focus on and work towards, you can build yourself back up and you will feel right again. It might take time, but remember you were on methadone for ten years. Surely it wont take that long of course but not an overnight thing. Just focus and pour your heart into something - your kids, college, get really good at whatever you are studying for example - and you will be wake up one day and realize, hey, Im ok and this is fuckin great and I am so glad I am not high right now!
  #17  
Old 17-05-2012, 08:20
TheBigBadWolf TheBigBadWolf is offline
..and your eyebrows
 
Join Date: 11-04-2010
48 y/o Male from Germany
Posts: 2,566
Blog Entries: 6
TheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond reputeTheBigBadWolf is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,906, Level: 13 Points: 7,906, Level: 13 Points: 7,906, Level: 13
Activity: 34.8% Activity: 34.8% Activity: 34.8%
Re: I have a few questions about the vivitrol shot? I am withdrawing and on my third

rach,

I have not posted on your thread yet, but followed you since you begun.

I myself also am a long-time MMT patient and still on 40mg of levomethadone which equates to 80 mg rac-methadone. (3rd treatment, this time long and slow rather than short and quick).

During all my methadone time I have not known one person who went along well with naltrexone. Either they had terrible withdrawal syndrome and stopped immediately or they felt cravings like they never had when they were on 'done.
Seems you belong to the first group.

Yes, you will have a major change in your life now. Experiencing the clean mind is new to you, since you were on opiates this long. When I became clean the first time after five years of misusing opiates I was simply overwhelmed by the multitude of things I did feel then and by the intensity of feelings.
There is a saying that becoming clean is the simple part, but staying clean was the harder...This is only partly true.
The emotions come much harder on you, when you are newly clean, compared to when you get used to them in, say two months.

I suppose you have read around on this forum a bit and haver found the thread about PAWS

You should read it, if you haven't yet done so.
There is much more to opiate withdrawal than just getting the substance out of your system.
On this thread there are lots of useful info what comes after withdrawing (which is the correct form, btw ).

I have a question:
Now that you are off any opiates, what do you think suboxone should do for you? Not unlike methadone this is another long-acting opioid you sure don't want to have in your system.

Your physical weakness will vanish over time (I am talking about some weeks, not days) and so will the strange "clean" feeling to which you will adoptz very much earlier.

Sleep.
This everytime I stopped methadone was an issue to me. I can tell you that taking walks in the evening helps a lot, working physically (garden work, if you have the possibility, biking, running) helps to get your body so tired that you will fall asleep, even when your mind seems to be wide awake. Relaxing music in the bedroom helps.

I send you all my best wishes for your recovery,

TBBW

BTW: Throwing up blood from a naltrexone tablet is not a normal side effect. Maybe might want to get your stomach checked for hidden ulcera.
  #18  
Old 17-05-2012, 10:21
ex-junkie ex-junkie is offline
Palladium Member
 
Join Date: 23-02-2009
Female from Earth
Posts: 2,556
Blog Entries: 1
ex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 5,548, Level: 10 Points: 5,548, Level: 10 Points: 5,548, Level: 10
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%
Re: I have a few questions about the vivitrol shot? I am withdrawing and on my third

This is such a shame that they've done this to you without medicating you. Furthermore, I want you to realise that you've just gone through a rapid detox. That means that taking more naltrexone will not give you further withdrawals than what you've already experienced. The risk you take now by not taking another naltrexone tablet, is that when the naltrexone wears off your opiate receptors, any methadone still in your system has the opportunity to reattach itself to your opiate receptors. That could possibly cause further withdrawals.
  #19  
Old 18-05-2012, 19:55
jamajessie jamajessie is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: 09-08-2009
Female from United States
Posts: 67
jamajessie is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 53, Level: 1 Points: 53, Level: 1 Points: 53, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: I have a few questions about the vivitrol shot? I am withdrawing and on my third

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-junkie View Post
This is such a shame that they've done this to you without medicating you. Furthermore, I want you to realize that you've just gone through a rapid detox. That means that taking more naltrexone will not give you further withdrawals than what you've already experienced. The risk you take now by not taking another naltrexone tablet, is that when the naltrexone wears off your opiate receptors, any methadone still in your system has the opportunity to reattach itself to your opiate receptors. That could possibly cause further withdrawals.


Exactly, She has been through torture. Why didn't they try to do something else for her? They made this poor woman suffer. I don't understand how they could let her go home the day she took the half of the Naltrexone and had such a bad reaction, and not treating her with anything. To me it seems like all the pain and vomiting she was doing would be of some concern to the Dr treating her.

She is one really strong woman. I don't know how she did it.I wish I had half the strength and will power she has.

We haven't heard from her in a while. I hope she writes soon.
  #20  
Old 18-05-2012, 21:32
Aberdonian Aberdonian is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 19-12-2008
38 y/o Male from Scotland
Posts: 472
Aberdonian should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Re: I have a few questions about the vivitrol shot? I am withdrawing and on my third

This is exactly the same as what they did to me in detox5 , sedated me for 3 days well filled me of benzos so i would foret the wd's (which i didnt) then on day 4 off methadone gave me half a pill i was puking and shitting feeling like someone was slicing my stomach open with a knife i had no strenht they gave me a whole pill the next day and the day after i was supposed to gohome but the doctors wouldnt let me as i couldnt even hold down a cup of water so they kept me next day too i only kept taking the pills cos my folks had paid £3500 for the treatment, i stayed on oral naltrexone for 18 months and felt like a zombie the whole time permanently had diahorrea , had no libido didnt sleep more than 2-3 hrs a night for 2 months at least ,and when i stopped the naltrexone i started using i wasnt ready to stop i was counting down the days till i could use again -i would honestly rather commit suicide than go thru that treatment again i wouldnt tke a £50,000,000 lottery ticket to do it again but you hve came so far already you can do this without a chemical to stop u taking a chemical , i couldnt go 1 day without using ,i tried going back on the naltrexone a few yrs ago after being 7 days clean of dhc and got the same stabbng pains,puking diahrrea as long as i live i will never ever touch it again but as i said before i know people who its worked for but def not for me, the way your going youll feel naturally good in no time your body will make its own endorphins again which naltrexone would have blocked and made u feel crap your so strong managing to come from that amount of methadone by yourself , you dont need it things can only get better now,u take care and stick at it ,i KNOW you can do this and look forward to reading how your life has changed in 3-6 months A,ps i know its not paragraphs and a nightmare to read but i struggle with those kind of things and this is as good as it gets sorry!
  #21  
Old 22-05-2012, 02:42
rach82 rach82 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: 08-05-2012
31 y/o Female from United States
Posts: 11
rach82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1 Points: 48, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: I have a few questions about the vivitrol shot? I am withdrawing and on my third

jamajessie and BigWillyStyle - Thank you soo much! You just don't know how much I appreciate you just taking time to writing that. That was so nice. It put tears in my eyes.. haha. I really never thought I would have made it this far, but the lack of energy and sleep is so hard. I have two more semesters of school left and luckily it doesn't start until August, so I think it was perfect timing to get off methadone. It really helps to hear that I will feel right again. I guess that is my biggest fear right now. Right now my main focus is my kids. I took them to the park today and didn't feel like it at all, but I can't let them down right now. For the last ten years, my eleven year old son would always ask me, "Why do you have to keep going to this clinic place?" and it would break my heart. He has no clue why I went there for, but I just told him that I will never go back there and pinky promised him. I couldn't wait until the day I could tell him that. When I first started, I would take him over there and have to wait in line for over 2 hours sometimes! But the last three years, the longest wait I had was 25 minutes. Actually, I would love my life right now if I got my energy back. I have never been a lazy person and now I just feel so damn lazy.
You know when I have read(before I got off methadone), that everything is different. Nature, colors, smells, taste and music, I didn't believe it, but I do now. When I get my energy back, I am going to wake up and say, "This is fuckin great!"

TheBigBadWolf - Thank you so much for posting! My favorite thing that you wrote is about physical weakness will vanish in probably weeks. That helps so much instead of hearing months. Those evening walks do sound good, but it is just so hard to get motivated unless I am drinking a few beers and then that can't happen, since I have kids. I have read so many threads on here and there is great information on them and great people. I like that you most people will not judge you here because they have been through it. I was stalking you guys for a month before getting off methadone and learned a lot of things from this forum, especially that thread about PAWS that you posted.

ex-junkie - Thank you for taking time out of your day to answer all of these questions that I have had. You just don't know how much you helped me. That pill and shot, just freaks me out. After what it did to me, put almost any amount of money in front of me and see if I would ever take it again. I never thought I would experience something so horrible in my life. That pill and shot freaks me out. It is crazy what it can do to your brain and body and I never want to go through that again. I want your input, if you don't mind me annoying you and asking another question. lol.. I think I would be stupid do this this, but this lack of energy is killing me.. Would you think I would be stupid if I got on suboxone after being off methadone for 15 days? I called a doctor about a week ago and he told me he could get me in about 2-3 weeks and my insurance would pay for it all. My sister told me it would help me have energy and feel good, but then I think.. Wouldn't that be stupid? I have to get energy back soon, I just hope it is soon enough.



Aberdonian - Wow, we have been through it, huh? And you did it a second time. No one should have to go through that one time, let alone two. I feel so bad that you had to go through it two times. I never imagined someone could kill me, but that pill killed me that day, by stabbing me with a knife. I sit and prayed that if those stabbing pains stopped, I would never take anything unless I was terminally ill. I really thought about suicide that day. I had those harsh stabbing pains for almost a whole day and after that I got them for four straight days off and on, but just every few hours. I think it messed up something inside of me big time. Put any amount of money in front of both of us and we wouldn't take it if we had to take that pill again. I never imagined that. I've had two babies and contractions was NOTHING compared to those pains of being stabbed. I couldn't imagine even going through that for 18 months like you did and feeling like a zombie. Wow, I just looked up how much £3500 equals to in American money and it is $5,500. That is a lot of money just to pay to try to get help. I am very lucky because I have great insurance right now and it would have paid for that whole shot and it would pay for suboxone. I hate to see people to have to pay tons of money just to get help, especially the ones who really want it. I love your last few sentences you wrote. It made me smile and I really appreciate it! Sometimes, you just want to hear from people that you can do it and it will happen. I can't wait to hit that 3-6 month period. I think life will only get better.



Right now, what is getting me by in the evenings is drinking a few beers. My mom is so disappointed in me because she thinks I am going to be like I was with it. I used to drink when I was with my ex and I was drinking about an 18 pack a day, but I wouldn't get drunk. When we split up(two years ago), I didn't touch another beer until now. I hate waking up, but when about 7 pm hits, I drink a few beers and feel so much better and get stuff done and listen to music and play with my kids. I hope within a week, I will have my energy back.
  #22  
Old 22-05-2012, 05:51
ex-junkie ex-junkie is offline
Palladium Member
 
Join Date: 23-02-2009
Female from Earth
Posts: 2,556
Blog Entries: 1
ex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 5,548, Level: 10 Points: 5,548, Level: 10 Points: 5,548, Level: 10
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%
Re: I have a few questions about the vivitrol shot? I am withdrawing and on my third

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach82 View Post

That pill and shot freaks me out. It is crazy what it can do to your brain and body and I never want to go through that again.
I completely understand your reasoning for not wanting to take naltrexone again, but it doesn't have a rapid detox effect unless there is opiates in your system. If anything, you should not be blaming the drug but the physician who administered it to you without preemptively treating your withdrawals. On the odd chance that there is a health professional reading this, this is what should have happened to make the process HUMANE and increase chance of success/ongoing sobriety:

Provided the urinalysis test is negative for narcotics and the patient is in the care of a responsible adult, the following should be done:

-Preemptive dose 10mg temazepam.
-Preemptive dose 0.1-0.2mg clonidine if obs and BP are stable.
-Preemptive IM injection of promethazine.

Provide the client with a comfortable place to sit, i.e., lounge chair or bean bags because they WILL get drowsy. You'll need to keep an eye on their obs regularly. Administering naltrexone and then sending a client home for any length of time is highly unprofessional and should probably be reported to the medical board. Patients are supposed to be monitored and treated accordingly. If the patient wanted a rapid detox, then they would have sought a rapid detox. In fact, she probably won't take naltrexone again. You're failing human beings who are genuinely reaching out for help and putting their trust in you and your practice. YOU ARE WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE SYSTEM.. Lol, I digress...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach82 View Post

I think I would be stupid do this this, but this lack of energy is killing me.. Would you think I would be stupid if I got on suboxone after being off methadone for 15 days? I called a doctor about a week ago and he told me he could get me in about 2-3 weeks and my insurance would pay for it all. My sister told me it would help me have energy and feel good, but then I think.. Wouldn't that be stupid? I have to get energy back soon, I just hope it is soon enough.


Suboxone is harder to get off of than methadone. The detox is longer and there is no miracle drug to help you get off it. I think you would be making a huge mistake by going onto maintenance therapy now. Technically you're no longer an opiate addict. Have a good think about your motivation for what you've just been through and whether you want to do another detox in this lifetime.

I do honestly think that you should continue with naltrexone because it's NOT going to have that same reaction that you experienced. It's very common for people to not want to close the door completely on using opiates and this is why our minds can trick us into thinking it's a bad drug to take, for whatever reason. In your case you have a good reason for fear, but it's an irrational fear. You KNOW it won't cause that reaction again so you've really got to let that go.

Your options are as follows;

Take naltrexone and continue being clean. Build up your energy levels again in the natural way, you will feel better for it but it will take some time.

Take buprenorphine and undo that massive effort you just put in to getting clean, and create another bigger, badder addiction that you will need to detox from.

I would just take the naltrexone tbh. Fuck going through another addiction/detox.

Last edited by ex-junkie; 22-05-2012 at 06:59.
  #23  
Old 22-05-2012, 10:50
Aberdonian Aberdonian is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 19-12-2008
38 y/o Male from Scotland
Posts: 472
Aberdonian should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Re: I have a few questions about the vivitrol shot? I am withdrawing and on my third

Each to their own but in my opinion naltrexone made me feel inhuman it blocks natural endorphins so no feel good from exercising love etc I will never ever touch that drug in my life again as I said I'd rather die than take that pill I had no quality of life ended up taking lots of other drugs to get high as I felt so numb but it does work for some people' one of those people being me 18months of hell but if.u.can keep going the way u are well past any wd things can only get better you would have to come off the shot eventually anyway it's no permanent solution and can damage your liver long term that's why u need liver functions tests every 6 month's but your strong enough to do this as u are , once your energy's bk go for arun whatever feel your body's own endorphins kick in its an amazing feeling ! Free too
  #24  
Old 22-05-2012, 13:49
ex-junkie ex-junkie is offline
Palladium Member
 
Join Date: 23-02-2009
Female from Earth
Posts: 2,556
Blog Entries: 1
ex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 5,548, Level: 10 Points: 5,548, Level: 10 Points: 5,548, Level: 10
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%
Re: I have a few questions about the vivitrol shot? I am withdrawing and on my third

All the same, while I understand your reasoning for being anti-naltrexone, you need to weigh the pros and the cons together. You also need to realise that you are potentially putting people off of using naltrexone, when it is the only drug that will assist with sobriety (of course if used as prescribed and not skipped for lapses).

I felt fine on naltrexone. I was happy as a pig in shit that I'd beaten an opiate addiction that I had honestly thought I was going to die from. That brought me the most happiness. I also liked the safety of how it prevented me from relapsing every time a stupid using thought crossed my head, due to the fact that I've NEVER in my life decided that I would use drugs in 4-5 days time. Everytime I relapsed, when not taking naltrexone, it was because I was stuck in the present moment and couldn't move forwards from it.

Naltrexone safeguards that.

I had a lot of really crap things happen to me just after my detox, but I didn't find myself miserable. Endogenous opiates aren't the be all and end all in the sensation of happy vibes you know! Perhaps what you are describing is a depression that your drug use had been masking? I don't think the naltrexone stopped you from feeling those happy feelings because it doesn't block serotonin, dopamine, or noradrenalin. Just opiates!

6-12 months is not a long time to take a drug that is known to increase the success rate of abstinence (if used as prescribed). If happy joy, joys are severely depleted, then it's time to look at short course SSRIs. Sometimes drugs like escitilapram are useful over a period of 2 weeks, just to boost up serotonin levels. If I'm reeeeeeeeeeally down, I'll take them for 2 weeks and then stop. I know you're not supposed to just *stop*, but fuck it, if something works for you it works, right?

Last edited by ex-junkie; 22-05-2012 at 13:57.
  #25  
Old 22-05-2012, 14:21
Aberdonian Aberdonian is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 19-12-2008
38 y/o Male from Scotland
Posts: 472
Aberdonian should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Re: I have a few questions about the vivitrol shot? I am withdrawing and on my third

yeah, sorry for being so down on it its just my experience and i know others who felt the same as me but each to their own, 3 of my friends had the implants put in and ended up as crackheads instead but i know of 1 person who stayed opiate free once they had finished with naltrexone well 2 now you as well,but once i finished my 18 months in total of naltrexone i felt totally different once i had stopped it i enjoyed lif much more but eventually went back tousing probably as whilst on it i didnt change anything,didnt really have any support didnt know of aa/na around here at the time just had a counsellor who learnt everything from books and i could tie her in knots with lies,telling her what she wanted to hear etc who knows if things had been different......

Share this on:

Tags
methadone, vivitrol

Thread Tools


» New Threads
Dedicated To Those Still Suffering
Last post by Dawn Godess
1 Replies, 66 Views
Is it safe to take 400mg of...
Last post by allme
17 Replies, 350 Views
"TweAkeR sPEak" what is your meth...
Last post by FloppyFlailer-
67 Replies, 13,292 Views
Alcohol / Benzo tolerance
Last post by benzopiated
3 Replies, 39 Views
Dissolving Etizolam in Oils for...
Last post by benzopiated
3 Replies, 303 Views
How Lending A Friend Your Car,...
Last post by Basoodler
3 Replies, 66 Views
Lucky Australia, we still have the...
Last post by Oxycontin20mg
7 Replies, 124 Views
and now i think its my time at last
Last post by Dawn Godess
156 Replies, 5,410 Views
Please explain again how this...
Last post by Pepperman
4 Replies, 178 Views
My first experience with...
Last post by shipfoolio
3 Replies, 110 Views
» New Wiki Articles

Sitelinks: Information:

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:37.


Copyright: SIN Foundation 2003 - 2014, All rights reserved